Guide to your FIRST fire cape even lvl 60s can get it!!!

Danton

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr, I really want a fire cape. I'll never get one if I dont attempt it though, but I keep thinking about it and if I fail it will be a waiste of an hour and half. Also on topic, does it really take 2 crystal bow's to get through the entire thing? Could one get you through and then use karil's x-bow on jad? I'm 86 almost 87 ranged by the way.

Errr, I really want a fire cape. I'll never get one if I dont attempt it though, but I keep thinking about it and if I fail it will be a waiste of an hour and half. Also on topic, does it really take 2 crystal bow's to get through the entire thing? Could one get you through and then use karil's x-bow on jad? I'm 86 almost 87 ranged by the way.

Well Reason I use crystal bows is because they're cheaper. I used my crytsal bow on the 360s switching to keep one full until jad. Jad took my cyrstal bow down to 6/10 and my other bow was 2/10 at the end so does it take 2? not really but its nice to have a full one on jad to easily kill. Bolt racks you say. It would cost more but could be a little bit more effective. Jagex says they're the same speed I think xbow maybe a tiny bit faster though. (crystal bow costs 180k, 1k bolt racks cost 250k + cost of bow and repairs)

Wow, killing jad alone take's nearly half a crystal bow? My stat's are good enough to do this, but from what I hear you only get one shot in between switching prayer's. Within those few second's you have to watch what attack he is going to use, change to that prayer, and possibly drink pot's. Well I might try tommorow, I beat well over half the round's the first time I tried with just guthan's and shark's. Great guide.

Wow, killing jad alone take's nearly half a crystal bow? My stat's are good enough to do this, but from what I hear you only get one shot in between switching prayer's. Within those few second's you have to watch what attack he is going to use, change to that prayer, and possibly drink pot's. Well I might try tommorow, I beat well over half the round's the first time I tried with just guthan's and shark's. Great guide.

Thanks I hope it helps alot of players. Good luck to you. Im 81 range as you can see so you might have a better shot at it plus karils xbow doesnt loose power as cb does and you dont have time to switch crystal bows. you will surely die if you attempt to do so. karils bow works amazingly well but isnt very cost effective if ya know what i mean.

Guthans alone can get you to the 360s without range at that point you wont make it any further.

Great guide!!

I have a question, would it work taking say 2-3k bolts and xbow as well as 1 c bow for jad? Have a look at my stats in my sig too, do you think I could do it? I'm not keen on using ancients as it is super expensive, but if you think it's the only way for me to do it, then maybe I will.

PS:this is the most reading I've done in about 2 years, it must be a good guide!! And keep bumping this guide, I really need a break from "construction this and conconstruction that!"

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Really nice guide, dude.

1 thing I've read, something you could add:

When the Healers appear, hit them all 1 time so they start attacking you. Now, when the 702 does his Magic attack run past him and the Healers will get stuck behind the 702 and won't heal him.

I've heard about this method on the official forums, I haven't tried it (because I'm not strong enough) so I don't know if it works, but it sounds like a good trick to me.

Omg... got to jad again, finnally... and to my dismay he didn't spawn in the south east corner, so i ran around lookin for him.. luckily i didn't take any damage, but by the time i gather myself and started attacking he hit a 80, i ate... couldnt switch prayer's another 80, ate again, another 70+ then i died!!! ahhh all that time for nothing.

You cant trap them but if you run out just a bit they will usually 9 times out of 10 line up. I learned during my ancient magicks that you can kill them off when jad is well under 50% and they wont respawn. this saves you a lot of trouble.

Actually you can trap the 108s

When they are all attacking you wait for Jad to hit 1 mage attack. So you switch to Protect from Magic and eat/pot to full health. If Jad raises his front legs (indicating a second consecutive Magic attack), you run through him. If you're fast enough, by the time you run through Jad, he will not have put down his legs yet, hence you do not get meleed by him. You can then continue fighting Jad with the 108s stuck behind Jad, unable to attack you and not healing him

nice plan running through him lol but what if your not fast enuf?? o.0

..JÃÆõÃÆââ¬ËÃÆÃ

Great guide!!

I have a question, would it work taking say 2-3k bolts and xbow as well as 1 c bow for jad? Have a look at my stats in my sig too, do you think I could do it? I'm not keen on using ancients as it is super expensive, but if you think it's the only way for me to do it, then maybe I will.

PS:this is the most reading I've done in about 2 years, it must be a good guide!! And keep bumping this guide, I really need a break from "construction this and conconstruction that!"

Yes I think you could do it with those amounts. i think you could do it with as little as 1k bolts but better safe than sorry I Suppose.

You cant trap them but if you run out just a bit they will usually 9 times out of 10 line up. I learned during my ancient magicks that you can kill them off when jad is well under 50% and they wont respawn. this saves you a lot of trouble.

Actually you can trap the 108s

When they are all attacking you wait for Jad to hit 1 mage attack. So you switch to Protect from Magic and eat/pot to full health. If Jad raises his front legs (indicating a second consecutive Magic attack), you run through him. If you're fast enough, by the time you run through Jad, he will not have put down his legs yet, hence you do not get meleed by him. You can then continue fighting Jad with the 108s stuck behind Jad, unable to attack you and not healing him

nice plan running through him lol but what if your not fast enuf?? o.0

I dont recomend this method. I recomend line them up so only one attacks you. especially if its ur first time and you dont have Jads rythm down yet. but if u can manage to catch him then go for it! and God speed!

Great guide!!

Yes I think you could do it with those amounts. i think you could do it with as little as 1k bolts but better safe than sorry I Suppose.

Thanks a lot man, great guide, had to say it again :) I don't think crystal and 1k bolts would quite cut it, I'll probably take 1700-2000 just incase. I'm going to be getting 72, maybe 76 prayer before doing it anyway, so it shouldn't be too hard if I just swap a super restore for a range pot.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

um..u say a lvl 60 can do it but you say that guthans, crystal bow and some of that othe stuff is a must. i dont know ay lvl 60's with 70 att str def and range.

on the whole a great guide for higher lvls. im sure alot of people will get fire capes following this

s_dav135.png

A question?

I've heard somehow you can trap Jad on one side of the large italy rock and get the 4 healers on the other side, and use Guthans to heal on them.

Is this easy to do? Can you describe how it's done?

um..u say a lvl 60 can do it but you say that guthans, crystal bow and some of that othe stuff is a must. i dont know ay lvl 60's with 70 att str def and range.

on the whole a great guide for higher lvls. im sure alot of people will get fire capes following this

Currently, a level 66 has a fire cape.

I'm sure by 60 combat, he meant the blood spells.

yes i do know that fancy fancy has a cape, but the must have items i looked at were unwearable by people that low.

unless the guide for lower lvls is included in the ancient mage approach? i only read the first part of guide so i appologise if the lower level guide is included somewer else

s_dav135.png