Stevester77

Masuma

A few of you may have noticed that Steven (Stevester77) has not been on the forums at all lately. Steven told me to tell his friends here at Tip.It what was happening to him. I believe he had a "hurt and heal" game going on in the Forum Games board, which he locked due to an illness that he had. At the time, none of the doctors he visited knew what Steven had. Well, the doctors finally discovered what his illness was: brain cancer. I have talked with Steven's sister, as Steve was unable to provide detailed information about his cancer.

Steven was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor on March 21, 2006. He was transferred to a hospital in Los Angeles and immediately began radiation and chemotherapy. We didn't know that Steven would end up staying in the hospital for 5 weeks - during this time, he lost the ability to eat, walk and function on his own. He had 2 surgeries as well; the first one was a gastric tube that enabled him to be fed directly to his stomach and the second was to remove a section of his intestines that had developed an infection.

My brother was home for about a month and during this month he seemed to be doing remarkably better. He was eating like crazy (he gained 20 lbs after losing 40 lbs) and was walking around with assistance. We thought things were finally turning around!

However, on May 28th, Steven was eating lunch and while doing so, he started to choke. He stopped breathing and was rushed to the hospital. Along the way, he had a seizure and lapsed into a coma by the time they got there. Later we learned that this was caused by his brain hemorrhaging.

As of today, 8 days later, Steven is still technically in a coma. He is slowing waking up and can somewhat respond with his eyes. But the battle still continues - Steven is fighting so hard! He is such an amazing individual and an inspiration to everyone! So thank you for your concerns, thoughts and prayers. Prayer is the only thing that will change this situation for the better. But I will try to keep you updated as much as possible.

Please keep Steven in you thoughts as he recovers.

-masuma

tifsbti6oi.gif

Woah, I never knew Tip.It had that sig. I'll keep it since it's cool (and to make people wonder what was in my sig).

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, C'mon Steve pull through, you can do it. This is so sad, it made me gasp when I first read it. My prayers will be with Steve and his family. I sure hope he recovers. :cry:

I sure hope he makes it.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

This is truly a horrible, horrible occurance. I shall keep him in my prayers, as should all of you. Even you don't practice any religion, you should still pray and think of him.

This reminds me of a story I read of this kid who had a brain tumor. Millions of people sent him cards, and through all odds he pulled through ok.

Hm, maybe if I get his sisters email I'll send him an eCard. I'm sure he'll appreciate that (when he wakes up).

This is truly, truly horrible... It was so hard to read... I cannot believe that such a horrible thing has happened to such an amazing person. I hope he feels better soon. I know that he can pull through this.

Steven, you will be in my thoughts.

3898000bYVcx.png

Steve was in the OoC for a short time, but his presence was felt immediatly.

Many doctors will say that the patients that have do not give up have a greater chance for survival. If there is any hope for steve, I know he will find it.

Im not sure how active/known he was on Tip.it, but Masuma and I can both attest that this man was a good man.

Kah..... bah...... danm! Whats the third one again?

Guest AshKaYu

When I heard about his hand, I started praying for him every night since then. I hope he feels one helluva alot better. You can do it Steve! We know you can!

i was wondering where he was, he was the one who would usually give me the heads up on and upcoming O.o.C event :cry: :cry:

*takes the chemotherapy medication and adds some special cabbage juice to make it more potant and blast away those nasty mutating cells*

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

I wish you all the best, and you will be in our thoughts.

Stay strong.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Oh god how did I miss this?

Please dont go yet Stevester! :x Please please please!!!

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Sorry to hear this. I hope Steve get's better soon! :(

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

A good man, a brave man, he will pull through this never the less with my prayers and surely the prayers of others as seen in this post. Will power shall pull him through.

deadforumslol.png