Sign in to follow this  
wingx128

Do you think that Jagex has beta testers?

Really? Do you think so?

Looking at construction, I've sat on a bench and there's a glitch already (parts of my character's body goes through the bench). How could a beta tester miss that?

I dont know if they use players, but I'm pretty sure Jagex employees beta test all the updates, including paul

Jagex staff beta tests. No players are used ;)

Vmser.png

of course thay do!!! getting kinda tired of ppl complaining that jagex dont test and that thay should be more carefull before putting out uppdates.

construction is a B.I.G uppdate and it is impossible for a group of testers to figure out all the glitches and errors. ffs there is almost a million ppl cÃÆónstucting, no wonder that thay find many bugs.

Yes they do extensive Beta testing on all new updates, but sometimes a bug just sneaks through.

Rkolegendkil.png

Head of Quality Assurance

Imre J

Quality Assurance

Adam D

Alex P

Andrew C

Andrew K

Benjamin L

Jennie T

John H

Kevin D

Francis B

Martin I

They're the "testers", of course the people that actualy write the updates test them aswell. Thing such as the "Falador masacre" and such bugs are a rare occurence, and the Jagex team would have never thought to try them out, with thousands of people playing Runescape, they're going to discover glitches that the Jagex team could not find.

the only way the falador massacre happened was because there was a coding error that meant after a sequence of events inside a house you get booted out and you now have the ability to attack everone... there was no way jagex could find this....

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!

the only way the falador massacre happened was because there was a coding error that meant after a sequence of events inside a house you get booted out and you now have the ability to attack everone... there was no way jagex could find this....

i shouldn't have happened in the first place, ofcorse it would be hard to detect, but afther some double checks it would come out anywayz

its so funny how "the falador massacre" has almost become a used word

seasonmovingsig1bo.jpg

i shouldn't have happened in the first place, ofcorse it would be hard to detect, but afther some double checks it would come out anywayz

its so funny how "the falador massacre" has almost become a used word

Cant say it WASNT A MASSACRE , because it was.. phats, nats, mills, gone in seconds, how cool ey :?

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!

kind of ridiculous posts in here, your saying jagex missed that bug but im sure they found hundreds of bugs in the process of testing, but of course we dont know what they where because they are already fixed.

Clean_Staker.png

yes, they're called paying members.

:lol: whahaha nice one ;) :lol:

on topic well of course they have testers but not players.

and the seeing through your char only happened n certain situations of course they wouldve seen it if it happened to anyone sitting down on a chair.

As has been shown, yes, they do have testers.

However, in the past 5 days I have reported 5or 6 different bugs to do with construction. Now I know it is a big update, but the bugs all happenned in the dining room, either sat on a banch or something else in the dining room. It appears maybe that this room was not fully experimented with. I dont blame Jagex for the Falador Massacre though, it was an obscure bug and they couldn' have foreseen it.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg