-=+ Interesting adaptation of Cwars for Guthix +=-

Ts_Stormrage

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Idea! =D>

though one problem I can see with it is that the Guthix team can just take both team's flags and not score, this would result in a draw or a close game so a higher amout of tickets for Guthix while ruining the game for everyone else.

Though this could be stopped by only allowing the Guthix team to be able to take one flag at a time

Anyway great idea! \'

farmer+iain.png

that and that people would get there freinds to make their team win and if the score is 3-2 guthix team gets tickets too which means both teams win and that would be really unfair to the other team. For instance some1 could on guthix could take zammy flag so no1 could score on the other team.

big+nunzi.png

Alright Confusces CJ has spoken.... Till next time.

that and that people would get there freinds to make their team win and if the score is 3-2 guthix team gets tickets too which means both teams win and that would be really unfair to the other team. For instance some1 could on guthix could take zammy flag so no1 could score on the other team.

If the score was 3-2, then guthix would only get 2 tickets instead of 3...

The idea is that then guthix will help the losing side to make the score equal again...

Remember that saradomin and zamorak sides are roughly equal in power... And that the Guthix team is only 75% of that, so they can never cancel another team out entirely.

Great Idea! =D>

though one problem I can see with it is that the Guthix team can just take both team's flags and not score, this would result in a draw or a close game so a higher amout of tickets for Guthix while ruining the game for everyone else.

Though this could be stopped by only allowing the Guthix team to be able to take one flag at a time

Anyway great idea! \'

Again, you fail to see something... Suppose Guthix HAS both flags...

Sara and Zammy are roughly equal in power... so that would mean 2 armies of 100% fighting an army of only 75%...

DO NOT FORGET THAT THE GUTHIX TEAM CAN NEVER BECOME MORE POWERFULL THEN 75% OF THE MOST POWERFULL TEAM.

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Even if they are only 75% they can still be strong enough to control a flag, all they need is one person with a high defence and the organisation to of the rest of their team to defend them.

Another way to change it is to force Guthix to help the losing side i.e. they can only take the winning team's flag. This would mean that Guthix could only help balance the scores out again.

The more I think about the Guthix team the more problems that seem to present themselves :-k

farmer+iain.png

Even if they are only 75% they can still be strong enough to control a flag, all they need is one person with a high defence and the organisation to of the rest of their team to defend them.

Another way to change it is to force Guthix to help the losing side i.e. they can only take the winning team's flag. This would mean that Guthix could only help balance the scores out again.

The more I think about the Guthix team the more problems that seem to present themselves :-k

So state them, and I will try to come up with a solution...

Your idea to only be able to steal the losing side's flag could happen, but I dont think its neccisary... What happens when the score is a tie? And doesnt the holding of flags happen all the time?

The 75% limit is ofcourse an arbitrary number... It could easily be 50% as well...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

bump

need comments plz:)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

On theory this idea would work but i would h8 to be in the guthix team. There job is too hard...And i dont think many ppl would want to either. The 3 tickets is a good encourangement but probably not strong enough. If ur member u should post on member forums to gain more support and let jagex notice ur idea.

Besides i like cwars the way it is atm.

So state them, and I will try to come up with a solution...

Your idea to only be able to steal the losing side's flag could happen, but I dont think its neccisary... What happens when the score is a tie? And doesnt the holding of flags happen all the time?

The 75% limit is ofcourse an arbitrary number... It could easily be 50% as well...

Yes flag holding happens in cw its part of the game but this Guthixs it would be too easy to capture a flag and hold it as they don't need to score per say.

When the score is a tie then Guthix's team has no work to do, the score is already in balance so what more needs doing? In this case during a tied game the Guthix team should not be able to take either flags. This doesn't mean they have nothing to do, they can be defending either castle to prevent flag captures.

farmer+iain.png

Yes flag holding happens in cw its part of the game but this Guthixs it would be too easy to capture a flag and hold it as they don't need to score per say.

When the score is a tie then Guthix's team has no work to do, the score is already in balance so what more needs doing? In this case during a tied game the Guthix team should not be able to take either flags. This doesn't mean they have nothing to do, they can be defending either castle to prevent flag captures.

TBH, holding both flags would mean that an army of 75% strength has an army of 200% on its tail... and no place to hide

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

everyone would join guthix because they get tickets no matter who wins so everone would be on guthix gettin all the tickets

They dont get tickets if either saradomin or zamorak wins by 3-0, 4-1, 5-2 or any other score with 3 or more points difference...

And you can't be on the Guthix team if there are no people on Saradomin or Zamorak team...

There is a trick however, where you can join a team in their waiting room on an empty world, and then switch to the world you wish to play on...

This could be countered by deviding the "excess" people over the other teams much like the guthix portal does now.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Why can't you work for Jagex!? Why!?!?

Lol, thanks for the compliment...

But I do not live in England, nor have the technical skills I believe are required... I just have the occasional good idea.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

• 2 weeks later...

bump

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

• 3 weeks later...
everyone would join guthix because they get tickets no matter who wins so everone would be on guthix gettin all the tickets

They dont get tickets if either saradomin or zamorak wins by 3-0, 4-1, 5-2 or any other score with 3 or more points difference...

And you can't be on the Guthix team if there are no people on Saradomin or Zamorak team...

There is a trick however, where you can join a team in their waiting room on an empty world, and then switch to the world you wish to play on...

This could be countered by deviding the "excess" people over the other teams much like the guthix portal does now.

About that red part:

It has now been fixed, you dont end up in a waiting room of a team, but in the hall where you can bank your stuff...

NO MORE LOGGING TO GET IN \o/

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

My Gratz, that's a great idea!

(guthix team would be flooded in the first month or so... \' )

A mad scientist in the attic, the owner is a vampire that dwells in the basement, a witch, skeletons, ghosts....

And you thought YOUR neighbors were weird!

This an awesome idea!!

In answer to the question before, if the game is tied, it would be guthix's job to defend both teams, to make sure neither scores

Also it would be fairly difficult to keep the scores tied, so 3 tickets is fair

All in all, an awesome addition for the god of balance :D

This an awesome idea!!

In answer to the question before, if the game is tied, it would be guthix's job to defend both teams, to make sure neither scores

Also it would be fairly difficult to keep the scores tied, so 3 tickets is fair

All in all, an awesome addition for the god of balance :D

My thoughts exactly ;)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Great idea, but I still don't like the scoring system.

Sure, its unique and well thought out but I think it still needs some work.

What if the score is 5 to 5? 5 tickets to guthix, 1 to sara, 1 to zammy.

What if the score is even 2 to 5? 3 tickets to guthix, 2 to sara, 0 to zammy.

Mostly every way guthix is always getting most of the tickets.

What if the score was 10 to 10? :ohnoes:

Although I have never seen a c wars game that score goes over 20 :P

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Great idea, but I still don't like the scoring system.

Sure, its unique and well thought out but I think it still needs some work.

What if the score is 5 to 5? 5 tickets to guthix, 1 to sara, 1 to zammy.

What if the score is even 2 to 5? 3 tickets to guthix, 2 to sara, 0 to zammy.

Mostly every way guthix is always getting most of the tickets.

What if the score was 10 to 10? :ohnoes:

Although I have never seen a c wars game that score goes over 20 :P

No, no, you misunderstand...

if the score is 5-5, its a tie score, so guthix gets 3 tickets, sara gets 1, and zammy 1 too...

if its 2-5, its 0 for guthix

The formula for finding guthix's tickets is quite simple:

3 minus (highest score minus lowest score)

So if the score difference is 3 or more, guthix gets no tickets at all...

a 10-10 score would result in the same ammount of tickets as a 0-0 score would be for everyone.

some examples:

2-10 -> 0 tickets for guthix

4-3 -> 2 tickets for guthix

2-4 -> 1 ticket for guthix

4-1 -> 0 tickets for guthix

7-7 -> 3 tickets for guthix

The more equal the score, the higher the ammount of tickets for guthix,

Starting at 3, and every point scores more then the other team, results in 1 ticket less for guthix.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!