1. 1. Remove Post Counts ?

• Yes - Remove
    • No - Keep
    • Keep - But only display in profile

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we need to keep them. post counts do more than encourage spam...they allow trust to be gained among other users...

true..someone could build a slight post count and then be just as untrustworthy as a person coming in with 0 posts...but it is a lot less likely.

i know in the pking section many people post pking videos. if someone with 0-200 post count posts one...i know i myself would not download it and if i did not recognize the person's name i would scan it as well. (and probably still not download it...any1 who knew me on rs would know why i would not)

That's why I voted to keep it. I know people with a 500+ post count could still post a virus infected video, but they seem more commited to the forums to post that many times. Also you can check their profile and look at the posts to see if they are more thought-based instead of spam. If there was no post count, I think if videos were posted, there would be much more weariness to download it, as you don't know if they can be trusted (Unless you know them, or check their posts).

So KEEP THEM. :thumbsup:

61784167.jpg

I don't have much of a post count, but I've always used forums and I believe in post count. It can intimdate (I've seen someone on an anime forum that has 23,000+ post (no life what so ever -_-) and he's a really nice guy.) I agree with the quality over quantity, but we all like to see that we just got our 1000th post.

I'm back?! No wayz!!!

43mxr40.jpg

the whole point of post count and ranks are to show how long you've been participating in tipit and how active you are within the community.

If you spam, trying to abuse this, then you should be kicked off the forums...it's that simple.

Removing post counts is just not effective, and I don't see why it's such a big deal. Nobody really cares that much...it's just a number. all the post counts do is show how active you are within the community. whether it's active in a good way or a bad way, that can be decided by the staff

recruitsig1ve.png