Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2011 - Will there be a Runescape and will you be playing?

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Vaki_Sanake
[ Display Name History ]

Vaki_Sanake

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 316 posts
I'll be 19... so if I'm still playing Runescape in 5 years... hack me... because I swore to myself that if I ever got hacked I'd quit.
I'm back?! No wayz!!!
Posted Image

Lionheart_0
[ Display Name History ]

Lionheart_0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,495 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
No I will not be playing it, i barly play now.

Casue i play WoW now (all of you must convert, NOW ^^)

Also cause of this news.... if its good, im getting this:

New Square Enix MMORPG Confirmed

Update by: Azar. Monday July 17, 2006 at 01:31 PM.

According to IGN, the Japanese website Nikkei Net News has reported that Square Enix is currently developing a successor to its massively multiplayer online RPG Final Fantasy XI. Though there are virtually no details about the game at this time, Square Enix president Youichi Wada hopes to improve upon the mildly disappointing MMO titles they've created in the past: Front Mission Online, Fantasy Earth: Ring of Dominion, and the Japanese Everquest 2.

The new MMO title is purportedly in development for the Sony Playstation 3, the Microsoft Xbox 360, and Windows Vista. It is unknown at this time whether or not the online RPG engine Square Enix has shown off in months past will be used by this new title, or if they have another massively multiplayer RPG in development.

[Sources]

Any thing Square enix is good :3>
Posted Image
Sig by Ikurai
Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

eunit4692
[ Display Name History ]

eunit4692

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts
Well, I will be playing, but in 2011 kh3 comes out so I will play that :P. but I keep playing for skills and treasures, and everything in the game :)
Posted Image

mrmyk
[ Display Name History ]

mrmyk

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 4,389 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:The Gladiatorz
yes and no...i would never play the same game for 8 years...im bored enough after 3 :notalk:
Posted Image
Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz
Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

ora6
[ Display Name History ]

ora6

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 262 posts
in 5 years ill be in college and off of runescape :wink:
liek omg rly?

Tbfgraphx14
[ Display Name History ]

Tbfgraphx14

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,205 posts
I probly quit rs in like 2008 or so, Its bad enough already :x couldnt imagine it in 6 years. although there would be LOTS more members= more money for JaGeX and maybe RS3 :)
Tbfgraphx14
Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

wild_goat_14
[ Display Name History ]

wild_goat_14

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,413 posts
  • RSN:N/A
  • Clan:None.
in 5 years itll b harious....news headline:ONLY 1 P HAT SET LEFT!!!!VALUE 100BIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....too bad the person who had them quit....and they would b hack target #1.and i doubt illb playin because ill b a high school senior.....and freidns is the thing that keeps me on.....if i have 0 firneds...i wont play

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

Posted Image

aqua_dragons
[ Display Name History ]

aqua_dragons

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 72 posts
I didn't think about it but I was thinking how its silly how everyone is saying "I'll be a highschool senior" or "I'll be in college"

I'll be finished my 4 years of college (starting in the fall at F.S.U)

but I still think I will be playing

ugafan_2009
[ Display Name History ]

ugafan_2009

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,519 posts
I can't see myself playing in college. But I think it will be around.
Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651
Posted Image

tefda
[ Display Name History ]

tefda

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,599 posts
I know I will be playing Runescape for the next couple of years in College. The game is great because you can pick it up wherever you go (so long as you're near a computer with internet access). Other MMORPG's need a CD to run or download large files but Runescape is just a couple clicks away.

I've been playing this game for years now (RSC FTW!) and I'm just now reaching points which I wanted to reach when I started the game, I'm 90 combat, I'm going to reach 99 Firemaking within the next year or so, I've reached a level of experience in the game where I'm one of those top dogs and I love to be at that level where you fit into the game extremely well you are neither a newbie nor at the extreme level of being maxed out in a bunch of stats.

RS is still growing, and it always will be growing with at least two updates a month the game is constantly changing and most of the time improving despite what certain factions say. The quests are what drive me now. I prefer to level my skills with quests instead of hardcore "I'm going to go chop down some trees and then make them into bows!" and things like that. The training I do actually do is normally for completing a quest or a goal I've set for myself.

In five years we'll be seeing a slew of new skills and quests and mini-games all for us and I'll still be here at Tip.it with a 6k Post count with a college degree but still the same fun loving guy who you see before you. Runescape will change and take new form over those years but so long as you're still having fun playing it, why not keep on enjoying it?

I may take a break from the game every once in a while (i.e. Exams month or Tax Season) but for the most part I'll be playing F2P while at school, you can always mine ore and essence and then stockpile what ore you have and craft what essence you have (elemental runes are always useful, so why not have months of making them?) and then I can always jump back to Members and enjoy new quests that I've missed and work on my House some more (Because in 5 Years I still won't have 99 Construction) and smithing and the new members skills that will come out. Runescape will not be stopped in five years, they'll make new deals, an animated series on Nickelodeon, Runescape-O's, Runescape PT Cruiser Giveaways, in-game advertising, and so much more that will keep the game both being profitable AND keep a fresh load of F2P turning Member people constantly coming in.

Eventually the P2P worlds will be overrun by kids who got their parents credit card numbers but that doesn't mean I'll stop playing, I'll just start cruising these forums more and more often :wink: .

That's my two cents.

Rebdragon
[ Display Name History ]

Rebdragon

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,318 posts
I'll probably stop playing within a year. Sure, I havn't been playing for even two years yet, but the game is just really becoming boring. I mean, even killing Dagganoth Rex has become a mindless, simple, repetitive and monotonous chore for me, and since that bores me I'm sure you've guessed that I've given up on doing quests and training most skills, seeing as how they are mindnumbingly repetitive.

The only things really keeping me attached to the game is the SODB and Magic/Ancients- I love da Magic Skill. I'm sure that within a year I'll have basically quite, but I'd stop by everyone once and a while to Barrage up CW :) .

If there's one fun thing left in the game, it's Ice Barraging every noob in CW :twisted: .
[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or
by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

SenorTamale
[ Display Name History ]

SenorTamale

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 843 posts
it'll likely still be here (popularity questionable), and i'll probably still be playing on-and-off like i am now. mostly out of habit, and i can't let my leet geepee pixels go to waste.

as for the energy debate. the fuels aren't as clean as you think:

nuclear fission involves having a critical mass of uranium 238, hitting one atom with a proton gun, which starts a chain reaction which releases heat. the heat is used to boil water which drives turbines. the problem is with the finished product, which has an extremely long half life emitting dangerous radiation, which must therefore be buried deep underground in remote locations (unless, of course, you want your babies to grow arms on their heads and the like).

nuclear fusion, as was said before, involves combining isotopes of hydrogen, which yields water, heat, and an electron. there are a few problems here as well; you need to raise the temperature high enough (in the thousands celsius, but i'm not sure) for the reaction to occur. the isotopes are also a bit uncommon, and if we needed to make the isotopes we'd have to derive them oil, which has its own nasty byproducts as well.

with the fuel cell, pure hydrogen and oxygen are combined to release energy. the problem again is with the fuel (pure hydrogen), which in production requires massive amounts of energy. most alternative energies are too low-intensity to mass produce it, and if we extracted it from fossil fuels, more carbon dioxide would be released than we currently release with burning fossil fuels.

hydroelectric plants supply such a small percentage of the electricity in the world that it's insiginificant.

the rest of the energies would likely be the same insignificant percentage of the needed power in the world.

sorry that this is so long.
Posted Image

Greedom1
[ Display Name History ]

Greedom1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 509 posts
thanks for more replies, though please direct "energy related" material to individual members of tip it forums as they're kinda spam on this thread. I'm not trying to be whiney (or maybe I am) but please keep posts on topic -- Thanks!

I really have enjoyed hearing your responses --- anyone else?
RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer
Values? What do they mean?

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
yes thier will be a runescape i prob will not play seeing as i will be 20.

gehjl
[ Display Name History ]

gehjl

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 690 posts
Right now I am going into my 3rd year of college. I am turning 21 in 2 weeks. I've played this game since RSC. I played for a couple of weeks and quit because i didnt like it. When RS2 came out, my friend told me, then i came back. Have played since then. In 5 years, i most likely will still be playing this game, probably not as much as i do now, but i'll probably still be on and off. Hopefully by then i will have most my skills maxed out.

For me, this game isn't a waste of time, this helps me pass time when i'm home. When i have nothing at all to do at home, i'm mostly on RS. Whenever my friends call me to go out, i stop and go. I've never let RS stop me from going to school/work/out. I just use it as something to help me pass time, which it does. I also play whenever i'm mad/annoyed, it just helps get your mind off things, nothing better than beating things with a sword.
Posted Image
Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1
Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1
Support me in the drop race

Atroso
[ Display Name History ]

Atroso

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 79 posts
id most likely be playing but perhaps only once a week. Id either have a full time job or be in university then so i wouldnt get much time to play. I may als ohave moved on to bigger and not necessarily better things. Oh well it's fun while it lasts

TehChekt
[ Display Name History ]

TehChekt

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 157 posts
I probably won't be plauying rs, but will definetely be playing D&D.

petey
[ Display Name History ]

petey

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 461 posts

runescape won't be around in 2011. We'll run out of oil and no longer be able to use computers. This will force us to revert to dungeons and dragons which 95% of runescape players will start playing.

lol? I do realise that COAL will aparantly run out in 2031 so it means that that ONE out of THREE fossil fuels cant be used for electricity. also what happened to renewable energy? solar power isnt too good but its still dam electricity! wind farms? also some random rock ive heard about, which aparantly when mixed with oxygen makes elec, so unless theres no more oxygen it will produce elec, but i think while we are sufficating on the floor we'll hardly be thinking about our runescape char do you?

OT ~ 1. probably but not too much, in about two years i will most likely cut down alot, mainly because of the fact it will be legal for me to have sex 8-)

2. A. B. C. D. [d relates to a.] so bleh.

Also, plastic cases are for noobs. Any good computer would have an alumnin case to effectively remove more heat.

thank god somebody had already said this.
Posted Image
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy

Currently Listening To ~ Hotel California / The Eagles

Kesleri
[ Display Name History ]

Kesleri

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 194 posts
Well this is a hard question....

YEA :D

I maybe quit RuneScape if i die :shame:

E_D_G_E_1039
[ Display Name History ]

E_D_G_E_1039

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,212 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Lol i love the oil debate here. If we finally move on to Nuclear power (which is far safer - don't let movies fool you - and efficient) then we'll never run out of power, and thus, RS will still be around.

Safe and efficient, yes, but millions of barrels of nuclear waste dont dispose of themselves :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users