Barrows guide for pretty low levels.

dragons_m8

This is a little guide I made on how to do barrows runs at a lower level, using this guide it can be done at level 60!

Before you read on remember these things:

1. Barrows is NOT always profitable and rarely is I have gone 50 runs and only got 1 drop... not counting bolt racks of course!

2. This is not meant as such to make cash, it is for a bit of fun and excitement some other serious barrowers might think otherwise but i like to enjoy myself down in those scary tombs of hell! :ohnoes:

3. I have moulded this method so that the worst you can loose if you die is a couple of p pot doses, a holy or unholy symbol and some grub, nothing else!

OK then you so called 'noobs' time to make you into a barrower! :thumbsup:

Quests:

some quests you must have completed are:

1. Priest in peril, gives you access to the area.

2. Ghosts Ahoy, You will be given the best present in the world at the end of this quest! THE ECTOPHIAL! \' This little beauty has saved my butt too much!

3. Rum deal, gives you the holy wrench! When you take a prayer potion with this in your iventory it gives you 1 extra point.

4. Nature spirit, gives accesses to a VERY handy prayer alter which has the same effect as the monastery. (When used it increases your prayer by 2, e.g. your prayer skill will say 55/53)

5. Swan song, if you really donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t wanna buy sharks or you cant fish and cook them yourself I recommend monkfish, the lowest food I recommend is swordies as your hp will no more than 75 at this level.

6. In Search of the Myreque, gives you a nifty little shortcut down to mort'ton. If you are using this method remember to recharge your prayer first! As this does not go past the nature spirit alter.

7. In aid of the Myreque, gives acces to a bank right next to mort'ton, so you can get your supplies right next to the mounds. :P

Now the skills i suggest for this method are:

1. At least 50 prayer! If not see items.

2. 60 or 70 attack!

3. Defence over 50.

4. Strength any level over 50.

5. If you are using the long way round but praying at the nature spirit alter a high agility helps you to run for longer!

Items:

Right now we have got all the boring bits out the way now time to find out what stuff you will be equipping for this method.

OK we will be wearing monks robes, for longer lasting prayer, either a whip or a dragon scimitar, both of these have fast attacks which are highly required! The brothers drain your prayer every 10 seconds so you will need to kill them fast and smooth.

For the dragon scimitar you will need to have done monkey madness. (Whip is preferred!)

OK if you have a prayer lower than 50 then the lowest i would ever go is 45, it can be dangerous but still possible! If you are going to do it this way then use an UNHOLY symbol. This gives you +2 on all your attacks, thus making you kill faster.

If you have a prayer higher than 50 use a HOLY symbol, gives +2 on all defences. Meaning that it will be harder for the monsters in the tunnels to hit you.

If you want to you can take a defender so that you hit better if so then use at least mith anything below is useless...

Here are some pictures:

Low prayer:

lowprayerlt4.png

For higher prayer levels:

higherprayeres3.png

Now we shall find out what we need for our inventory:

Ectophial, if you know your gonna die this will help, even though you will not loose much its a pain all the same. Also once you have got your treasure from the chest you will use this to tele out.

SPADE!!! Sooo many people forget to bring this and they canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t do anything without it! It is used for digging on the mounds to enter the tombs of the barrows brothers.

Restore potion, Ahrim lowers your 3 melee skills, attack, defence, and strength.

Prayer potion, only one is needed unless your really nervous take 2 the first 3 runs until you realise you really wont need. 1 is enough.

Fill the rest of your inventory with sharkÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s monkfish or swordies.

You will never! I repeat never! Unless you decide to whip your self over the head... use all of your food up...

Picture....

barrowsinventoryzm2.png

OK so after that information were ready to go...

Starts at any bank fill up your inventory with the items required and empty your ectophial. Refill you vial in the ectophunctus, then head out and west until you reach some undead chickens.

From this point go north of the pen and head east, stick to the path at all times as the vampires can hit hard!

You will pass frankenstiens castle and then reach a bridge with a slayer master on, if you have no current slayer task yet one from him on the way. :wink:

Take the shortcut down to mort'ton. From here head south until you reach a path, follow that path east until you reach a bridge cross it and head north. When you reach the top of the enclosed area enter it by a building.

You are now in the barrows area.

Option 2!

Do the same method above until you reach canafis.

Instead of taking the shortcut follow the path until you see a farming patch, south of this patch is the entrance to the mort myre swamps, run all the way through sticking to the west side so you can spot the alter easily. When you see it jump over the broken bridge and go inside the grotto.

Recharge your prayer at the alter and head back out, over the broken bridge and go south west until you notice a dirt path.

Keep on following this winding irritating path around and around and around! till eventually you reach mort'ton. Stick to the path until you see a fork. take the middle turning and head on you will see the bridge you need to cross. Pick the rest up from previous option.

OK so your in the barrows area with 6 big hills in front of you. Do not go randomly digging up graves as this will upset verac and you will be promptly OWNED.

I have made a little map, as to which mound is which. lol its very bad!

barrowmoundspr9.png

A key to the mounds.

barrowsmoundkeyyn2.png

Right o now to get started!

Head to the middle mound to start with this belongs to ahrim the mager the least deadly of them all.

Stand on top and dig.

You will Go down into a room with a sarcophagus in the middle of it, walk up to this sarcophagus and switch on magic protect prayer. Search the sarcophagus and if ahrim jumps out and starts attacking you go and smack him over the chops to tell him how weak he is! Watch your prayer whislt killing the brothers considering that the brothers drain your prayer on top of the fact that you loose prayer anyway you can end up in a total disastrous situation. The brothers drain your prayer at about 8 points per minute.

If at any point when killing ahrim you notice you are hitting bad look at your melee stats, if they are lowered take a dose of your restore potion. After he is dead turn off your prayer and up the ladder if needed take another dose of restore potion.

If ahrim did not jump out then you should have got a message saying that you have found a tunnel would you like to enter? Say NO. Just head back up the ladder for now and come back to this mound at the end.

Now go to the south mound, stand on top and dig with your spade.

You will be in a room the same as before walk up to the sarcophagus make sure your prayer is above 40 points put missile defence prayer on and search the sarcophagus.

If karil the ranger does come out kill him, he has big minuses on his melee defences so he should be pretty easy to kill plus he does not drain your stats. Remember to be careful of your prayer! When finished turn off your prayer and head up the ladder.

If you get a tunnel here leave it for now and go up the ladder.

Now if you have enough prayer potion doses to take you up to full prayer with some doses left over go north east to the mound where Dharok rests.

Dig the mound and you will be in a room the same as the previous 2. Walks up to the sarcophagus put melee prayer on and search.

If your prayer is going down rapidly and your not doing much damage whilst attacking this big evil man with an axe get the heck out! Also watch your prayer very carefully this time! If Dharok is on low health and your prayer goes you go with it! He can 1 hit you whilst having some tea and scones!

If you get the tunnel here go down. If not and you got a tunnel earlier go back there and go down.

If you have not had a tunnel option so far at all go to the remaining three mounds dig and search until you find the tunnel. Do not kill anymore brothers you wont have enough prayer and all of them can hit over 20!

OK so you are down in the tunnels look at the bottom right of your screen and you should notice that it says kill count: 1,2 or 3.

You will be in a room with 4 doors in and on you mini map you cant see anything but your room. Go through a door and you will find yourself in a room with lots of different monsters in and some more doors. Do not attack the skeletons, giant crypt rats or huge spiders! ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a waste of timeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ Also you will notice your prayer will be immediately drained to 0. DO NOT POT IT BACK UP!!! It will be a waste of prayer potion doses, as it will go straight back down.

Instead keep killing small crypt rats tiny crypt spiders and bloodworms until you have a kill count of 20-40 the higher the count the more runes you can get! While going through the doors you may come face to face with another brother if so just run away and through another door.

After you get a kill count this high keep on going through the doors until you see one which has flames above it from the room behind it, if you can go through click on it and a puzzle will come up. Either wok it out or looks on the tip.it barrows guide for quicker reference.

If you get it wrong then the mechanism will reset and you will not be able to go through but instead keep searching more doors until you find another puzzle door with the flames behind it.

Once you are through the puzzle door you will be in a short corridor go straight through the other end and into the chest room!

Eat up to full HP and open the chest. If karil or ahrim jumps out because when you went to kill them earlier you got a tunnel, kill them.

Once they are killed search the chest check you have something new and empty your ectophial out.

If it is not one of these click on the chest ignore the brother if he hits you hard, eat search the chest check you have something new and get the heck outta there using your ectophial.

Congratulations you have done barrows!!

The rewards you can get are runes of any combat type e.g. Bloods, deaths, chaos, and minds.

Bolt racks

Or any barrows item.

Either keep or sell for a big price. If you found it fun go round again!

Thanks for reading my guide I hope you enjoy it and it works for you.

If there are any corrections I can make just PM me them and I will edit and put your name in the credits at the bottom.

If you wish to chat with me in game add toby_ghose private chat is always ON :wink:

Enjoy!

Thanks to: BJKZSNFNK, djeroooo, bobthesock

dragonmansiglq0.png

3. Rum deal, gives you the holy wrench! Makes youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re prayer last twice as long.

not to my knowledge, it only gives you an extra prayer point with every dose of prayer pot used.

otherwise good guide.

for those of you that actually want to kill all the barrows brothers, please use slayer dart.

I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare call me drunk if i was sober!

Well my first time I actually did melee but I had a ton more p pots than just 1. My friend went back so I could get more pots. And this is at 76! So I really doubt this would work but I havent tried it yet.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Well my first time I actually did melee but I had a ton more p pots than just 1. My friend went back so I could get more pots. And this is at 76! So I really doubt this would work but I havent tried it yet.

hmm please do try im sure you will not be dissapointed...

If you are finding it hard leave dharok.

dragonmansiglq0.png

u can not complete barrows with 1 prayer pot if u have 90 below prayer

first u will need to mage dharok , verac , torag and guthan

u have the option to mage / mele karil

u will need to range ahirm , take about 2-5 prayer pots per trip depends on ur lvl

its near impossible to kill the doods with mele unless u have veracs

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzvz4.png

I r a Good Pixeler?

90/99 Woodcutting

73/99 Theiving

I really wouldn't consider this as a guide to doing barrows, seeing as how you don't kill all the brothers. DDS spec usually works better then whip too.

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

Here's my stats as a lvl 60. (i'll be 61-62 before i can do barrows)

Att 60

str 42

def 1

HP 70

Range 81

Magic 82

Prayer 27

when i hit protect from range (i think that's the second protect), i'll be able to barrows as well as my main.

:ohnoes:

give it a week prices down to 10m easy... month down to 5... :-k

sum1 quote me on that and see in a month lol :ohnoes:

-December 6.

I never lost any spears to ppl i went with. My internet providers are backstabbing pixel huggers though.

This is one of those "I wouldn't use it if it was the last method on earth" ideas for the Barrows.

Let's see the flaws:

No way is anyone going to be able to do squat using a whip on the melee brothers, as has been said earlier. Bad idea.

1 Prayer Pot? Going suicidal? (Note, I use a method that doesn't use Prayer Pots, but I use melee armor and mage the 4 easy brothers without Prayer). Bad idea.

You've got a cruddy outfit. No offense, but it just sucks. This is like a 3 itemers outfit, which is kind of pathetic.

Killing only 2 or 3 brothers? What's the point in that? You're going to end up getting items VERY rarely, I'd average one every 40+ trips with that method.

With your method and outfit I could see anyone under 105 combat getting annihilated in the catacombs (especially having 4 brothers randomly pop up at you).

Those Sharks are going to eat up the profit that you're trying to get with this method.

Going past 30KC is pointless, it has been proven. Also, you're going to be eating through a hell of a lot of food that you'll need for emergencies by getting a 30 KC with frikin' Monk robes on; I see no kind of defensive armor on at all (what, is every defense stats +0?).

Have you actually tried this out? I doubt it, it doesn't sound like it'd work all that well.

Sorry, but this doesn't sound like fun. Now Ancients and God Spells, that's fun.

Okay, you can breathe, harsh criticism is over :| .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

yes i have spent a long time creating this guide thinking it through finding out which supplie you need. Here are some replies to your post...

1! You say you will not make much prophibt: I say to this who gives a pigs bum? It's a bit of fun I think some people should remember that.

2! You may find it better to play ages to get your levels so high but some people dont wanna play that way.. just consider that.

4! Cool you have the cash at your level to do this dangerous mini game with full armour on... Ok picture a level 87 being owned in the tunnels with full veracs... how long does it take him to replace? Ages, Is he gonna go about sticking his nose in those sarcouphaguses again? not in a loooong time!

5! What the hell happened to CONSTRUCTIVE critisism... i spent 2 hours writing that guide when it is put onto word on font size 10 it covers over 5 pages, so just please gimma some slack!

And to everyone else who made helpful comments saying this post was good or giving bit of advice i respect you more than ever as i can see that not everyone is like you!

dragonmansiglq0.png

I think in aid of myreque is a really good quest because you can run straight between a bank and the barrows, with no ghasts in bewtween. you can also recharge at the nature altar when needed (even between brothers)

Here's my stats as a lvl 60. (i'll be 61-62 before i can do barrows)

Att 60

str 42

def 1

HP 70

Range 81

Magic 82

Prayer 27

when i hit protect from range (i think that's the second protect), i'll be able to barrows as well as my main.

For you as you have high mage do not use my method! I reccomend the ancient magiyx guide which can be found in the archive of wisdom, where ever the heck that has dissapeared to... :?

dragonmansiglq0.png

yes i have spent a long time creating this guide thinking it through finding out which supplie you need. Here are some replies to your post...

1! You say you will not make much prophibt: I say to this who gives a pigs bum? It's a bit of fun I think some people should remember that.

2! You may find it better to play ages to get your levels so high but some people dont wanna play that way.. just consider that.

4! Cool you have the cash at your level to do this dangerous mini game with full armour on... Ok picture a level 87 being owned in the tunnels with full veracs... how long does it take him to replace? Ages, Is he gonna go about sticking his nose in those sarcouphaguses again? not in a loooong time!

5! What the hell happened to CONSTRUCTIVE critisism... i spent 2 hours writing that guide when it is put onto word on font size 10 it covers over 5 pages, so just please gimma some slack!

And to everyone else who made helpful comments saying this post was good or giving bit of advice i respect you more than ever as i can see that not everyone is like you!

You're respect of someone is based solely on whether they like your guide or not? :-s

Okay, I was a little harsh I guess (though honest), but idk, the Barrows never seemed like a "fun" thing to do. Also, getting back a Veracs Helm isn't as hard as you might think :wink: .

This is kind of "A Poor Man's Guide to Cheap and Safe Barrowing." Nontheless, meleeing at a low level... eh.

Seriously, if you want to have true fun at the Barrows, pack a few Ice Bursts and go :P . That's way better than continuasly hitting 0s meleeing on Dharok with a lvl 75 Character :? .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.