Addition to Mining Guild - 60+ Support [Pics Added]

NJE03

I think the mining guild should consist of 3 levels, the first would be the current mining guild which requires 60 mining. I think that there should be 2 more lower levels to it, one requiring 75 mining and one requiring 90 mining.

The second level (lvl 75 mining) would have in it 7 adament ore and 20 coal ore as well as a ladder leading directly to the surface such as the one in security stronghold. The third level (90 mining) would have 3 rune ore, 5 adament, 8 mithril and 15 coal. This level would also have a ladder leading to surface.

Note: I understand many people feel the number of ore is too great. This is just rough idea currently.

[hide=Level 2 rough sketch]level2.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Level 3 rough sketch]level1.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Input from others]-----

PrOfEsIoNaL's input:

Idea:

First floor requires 60 mining level: 3 copper rock, 3 tin rock, 9 iron rock, 25 coal rock and 20 mithril rock.

Second floor requires 75 mining level: 20 coal rock, 15 mithril rock and 10 adamantite rock.

Third floor requires 90 mining level: 15 coal rock, 10 mithril rock and 5 adamantite rock and 3 rune rock.

The placing of the rocks will be from the nearest to the furtherest towards the ladder.

Copper -> Tin -> Iron -> Coal -> Mithril -> Adamantite -> Rune.

For copper rock, tin rock and iron rock, it will be able to mine 3 rocks in 1 position to make is easier when mining them.

All rocks will be removed in Lumbridge west mine and Crandor mine.

Lumbridge swamp and Crandor mine will change to training grounds.

-----

Skull_Emblem's input:

Looks good to me. Maybe two rune ores instead of three and put them a little ways apart?

And, so mining them isn't too fast, put ladders on opposite sides for each level (see bad picture made in paint). That would add only a few seconds onto the total time, but it would eventually add up. Just an idea, feel free to use anything.

MG2.jpg

-----

Slickmovedud's input:

i think there should be rune rocks but you should have to be level 95 mining to get into the lvl 3 part of the guild or make a new lvl 99 part of it where there are 4 rune rocks about 40 coal, 20 mith, 10 addy, 25 gold, and 30 silver for the masters of mining. here is the pic i propose:

125jibq.gif

-----[/hide]

Support list:

1.NJE03

2.sligo

3.seanite

4.Prankster_King

5.Sir_Tiverius

6.dargonhuman

7.zanex37

8.HoTBoX22

9.UnstableGuy

10.Mortifyer1

11.aquariusman

12.Master_Smither

13.anim7

14.Harrington

15.hohto

16.D_V_Devnull

17.bunsosteel3

18.gg_kk90

19.JONI100

20.waf1le

21.Dracion1

22.gotjello

23.Smackapotato

24.ham100000001

25.duncan

26.sk8_tolivv

27.Puffdead

28.PrOfEsIoNaL

29.desel4

30.Lizzard

31.insertmynamehere

32.boris5000

33.Zibl

34.TrampInDenial

35.Ximigda

36.runpepro99

37.bbjoe282

38.lordragonknight

39.I4prez

40.hephaestos8

41.Bestman4537

42.Peterpan538

43.Soa

44.mackcloud91

45.greenmelf

46.Skull_Emblem

47.Moonshadow

48.slickmovedud

49.ctim

50.Lightning55

51.Tetsuya

52.Yanamanka

53.Killerred005

54.robbyfighter

55.mememe513

56.fubol

57.dippymister

58.gauper_kid

59.tard53

60.manufan28

61.lotrking1010

62.silasinth

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the amt of addy and mith is too much.. the best mining zone in runescape is @ a place where pple think its too much a hassle to go..

by using the suggestion.. it would be too easy to get all the necessary ores..

i say it shld stick to what it is for now.. perhaps create a basement level with 5 mith and 2 or 3 addy with higher mining level requirement say about 80 perhaps... O:)

I like this idea a lot better than putting a furnace in the mine.

Since more and more miners are getting to the higher levels, it's getting harder and harder to mine runite, so adding a couple rocks here and there is a good idea.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

I know a good place to mine addy and mith: Wilderness. No seriously, Hobogoblin mine. 8 addy and 15+ mith. Use glory to tele back to edge. Dont forget to 4-item or 3-item

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

One of the worst ideas I have heard in a long time. It would make mining to easy.

There are 8 addy, 15 mith, and 2 rune in the wild. Taking the rune out of the wild would be very very stupid, and the price would drop.. and rune items would drop.. and it would basically be a brutal murder of one of the most important markets in f2p:the rune items.

Well, you don't want to take the risk of wild? No pain no gain. If you are afraid then you don't deserve the reward.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

Well maybe adjust the amount of ores or something, the main thing is the fact that there would be multiple levels with different types of ore in the mining guild.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I can understand adding more higher level ores such as adamnt and rune, but it should be fairly hard to rach these ores, such as a trip through a new area that has a few monsters. anyways, it should be a long trip to these ores so that the ones that reach these ores are the ones that are the most desperate. it shouldnt just be like mining coal in the mining guild, it should be like mining rune ores in the wilderness without the threat of pkers. Also there should only be 1 rock so that there is even mroe a disuassion and the market prices are not so dramatically effected.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

It's not a bad idea. The rock they need to add the most of, is rune. In f2p, there are only 2 rune rocks, and they are in deep wilderness... To make it worse, that's where everyone pk's. <.< They need to scatter around more rune rocks here and there.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

This is actually a fairly decent idea; I agree that as-is, there are too many of the higher level rocks, but the overall idea is sound. I've always felt that the Mining Guild is a waste, especially considering that there are better options right outside the guild in the form of three Addy rocks in the scorpion section of the Dwarf Mine. As for the coal content of the Guild, the Skeleton Mine in the Wild has almost as much coal, and I can get a full inventory faster there than in the always-crowded Guild.

Basically, the Mining Guild has been in desperate need for a makeover for years, and this is one of the better ideas.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Thats pretty cool map Sir_Tiverius. :)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

I like the idea of different levels and I agree that is needs a makeover. The speed ladder doesn't need to be included back to the top. And the ladders should be spaced on opposite ends of the mining guild (so it will be a longer walk based on the level of mining guild you need. On the second level, throw in some gold ore maybe (though crafting guild with fally teleports makes gold mining a piece of cake) with more mith ore. The requirement would be 70 to get down there. The third level would require level 80 mining. This would include 7-10 addy rocks, some coal, and some mith. The last level would include level 90 mining and there would be rune, addy, and mith only. So that's how I invision it being done over.

zanex37.png

Less of every Ore you mentioned and it would be good, but still maybe too easy, Jagex make it so the place with the best benifit also has the biggest drawback (the Hobgoblin Mine in the Wilderness).

With this there aren't really any major cons to put people off.

I'd kill for a Smithing Guilf, Sir_Tiverius, but I think 55 is too low to enter.

Um Bongo ::'

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

f2p players need at least 1 mine out of the wild where there is rune at least one rock in a mine

you don't get it do you ?

if runite goes out of wildy in f2p all rune items will become rather worthless

even in member's runite is scarece.

The 3 lvl mine idea is nice but the huge ammounts of valuable ore it'd contain is ridiculous

lvl 2 guild should only have 4 addy, 7 mith & 20 coal

lvl 3 should have 6 addy ,10 mith & 26 coal

F2P & proud of it !

tehno2resizebs6.jpg

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. XD

JAGEX WILL NEVER PLACE RUNEITE OUTSIDE THE WILD!!!

Unless theres some major major drawbacks to it, doing so wud have serious implications to the price of armour, comsidering rune is the best f2p armour, and they stats required is only lvl 40 att/def, the main limitation for most ppl is the price, if they introduced runeite into the minin guild the price wud drop so much and every1 from lvl 40-45 up wud have it, this wud have huge implications to the game, especially in the wild way more ppl wud b wearin rune armour in the wild!

But yes i do agree that currently the guid isnt good enough, also y is the addy currently outside the guild? mining it without goin tho the guild wudnt b practical, and its not like u cud mine the addy without being able to go into the guild! I personally wud b more in favour of havin a furnace down there in a seperate smithin guild, but putting a bank wud make it much to easy.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Hmm yeah... f2p armour becomes cheaper, rune is cheaper. Clan War frenzys, pking trips galore and a hell load of more stuff you could do if rune was EVEN cheaper. It would be great i would pk 24/7 woot!

ssigmv4.jpg

^^^Thanks to flame_guy3 for this sig^^^

good idea, i just made a thread about a smithing guild/ advanced mining guild, if you dont mind ill edit this post with that info, i got a map to.

Here it is...

http://url181.imageshack.us/url181/9714/miningkd4.png

Enjoy

i like ur idea....

~ÃÆââ¬Â¦ÃâêÃÆââ¬Â¦Ã¢ââ¬Ã°ÃÆââ¬Â¦ÃâáÃÆââ¬Â¦ÃâçÃÆÃâÃâãbÃÆââ¬Â¦Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Å¾Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ ÃÆââ¬Å¾ÃâàÃÆââ¬Â¦ÃâëÃÆýÃâó~

buddy2copyjx5.gif

newscape300x50hu4.gif

shopcopynl5.pngsigcd4.gif