Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Addition to Mining Guild - 60+ Support [Pics Added]

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

NJE03
[ Display Name History ]

NJE03

Sic Vita Est

• Members
  • 2,185 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:NJE03

The mining guild is fine the way it is.

Why not think of a skill that doesn't even have a guild, such as Woodcutting, Agility or Thieving. IMO skills such as these should be considered before new additions to already existing guilds take place.

~Mar

Because mining could use an update. The skills you mentioned have had plenty notable updates in recent years.
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Stats:

Von_Goon
[ Display Name History ]

Von_Goon

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Bartimai

Why not think of a skill that doesn't even have a guild, such as Woodcutting, Agility or Thieving. IMO skills such as these should be considered before new additions to already existing guilds take place.

~Mar

Because mining could use an update. The skills you mentioned have had plenty notable updates in recent years.

It's true, these skills have had some updates. The most significant being the Dragon Hatchet for Woodcutting. But why should the mining guild get a whole new 2 levels to it. Who knows, but the Dragon Pick could be on it's way, then wouldn't that be more fair?

IMO the mining guild has a plentiful amount of coal and it is justifiable why one should get 60 mining to enter the guild. Great, we have this vast amount of resources and have done for a long time, but are we taking it for granted and expecting more, yes. It is extremly viable to mine what ore you need around RuneScape, half the fun is finding it - Addamant: Possibily the dwarven mines? hey, isn't that right next to the mining guild. Runite: high wilderness, surely if you had a supply in a safe little guild it would be pilfered day in and day out. Having Runite ore in the wilderness creates that little more excitement and scarcity.

So is it such a good idea to add unnecessary levels to the mining guild? I think not.
Posted Image

NJE03
[ Display Name History ]

NJE03

Sic Vita Est

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

~Mar

It's true, these skills have had some updates. The most significant being the Dragon Hatchet for Woodcutting. But why should the mining guild get a whole new 2 levels to it. Who knows, but the Dragon Pick could be on it's way, then wouldn't that be more fair?

IMO the mining guild has a plentiful amount of coal and it is justifiable why one should get 60 mining to enter the guild. Great, we have this vast amount of resources and have done for a long time, but are we taking it for granted and expecting more, yes. It is extremly viable to mine what ore you need around RuneScape, half the fun is finding it - Addamant: Possibily the dwarven mines? hey, isn't that right next to the mining guild. Runite: high wilderness, surely if you had a supply in a safe little guild it would be pilfered day in and day out. Having Runite ore in the wilderness creates that little more excitement and scarcity.

So is it such a good idea to add unnecessary levels to the mining guild? I think not.

Possibly, but the mining guild is still mediocre at best. As for your argument about rune being in the wilderness for "excitement" let me just inform you that trying to simply mine an ore while people are attempting to kill you - thus slowing down the process even more - Is neither fun nor exciting to me.

Stats:

Von_Goon
[ Display Name History ]

Von_Goon

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Bartimai

~Mar

Possibly, but the mining guild is still mediocre at best. As for your argument about rune being in the wilderness for "excitement" let me just inform you that trying to simply mine an ore while people are attempting to kill you - thus slowing down the process even more - Is neither fun nor exciting to me.

Gives you something to keep you on the edge of your seat. :ohnoes:
Posted Image

guthix121
[ Display Name History ]

guthix121

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • RSN:Kal Guthix
This would be a good idea-just there shouldn't be so many addy ores, and there shouldnt be rune ores at all. The whole point of getting rune ores in F2P is that there is a risk(wildy), so if they had rune ores in the mining guild-everyone would ignore the wildy. More people would be mining rune ores-and the prices would drastically go down-affecting runescape economy.

nacfan
[ Display Name History ]

nacfan

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 380 posts
i like the idea, as i already posted it to few months ago, so next time use search button maybe :)
Posted Image
^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)
5743th with cooking 99!--8 november 2006--
16361st with str 99! --15 april 2007--
35000th with Attack 99! --20 June 2008--
29524th with Hitpoints 99! --3 August 2008--

NJE03
[ Display Name History ]

NJE03

Sic Vita Est

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Gives you something to keep you on the edge of your seat. :ohnoes:

I understand some people may enjoy that feeling, but I do not share that joy.

This would be a good idea-just there shouldn't be so many addy ores, and there shouldnt be rune ores at all. The whole point of getting rune ores in F2P is that there is a risk(wildy), so if they had rune ores in the mining guild-everyone would ignore the wildy. More people would be mining rune ores-and the prices would drastically go down-affecting runescape economy.

That is one possibility, though I personally believe it would even it's self out.

i like the idea, as i already posted it to few months ago, so next time use search button maybe :)

Well I posted this well over a year ago. Notice on the first post where it says "Aug 20, 2006" Therefore if the one you are referring to was indeed posted a mere few months ago they should be the one whom you are directing to the search tool. :wink:

Stats:

nacfan
[ Display Name History ]

nacfan

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 380 posts
lol, i suggested it twice though, few months ago, and lots of time ago (over a year) dont really care about it though, you could search for my topic, and maybe use some stuff out it..
Posted Image
^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)

Gehackte
[ Display Name History ]

Gehackte

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Fes Skill
  • RSN2:KlausTheFish
nah no rune ores and i think not because it will be so easy to get all those ores you dont have to walk far anymore and everything is close to a bank its like its everyday christmas there

How does 20 minutes turn into 2.5 hours? Was your math perhaps magical math?

Posted Image

NJE03
[ Display Name History ]

NJE03

Sic Vita Est

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

lol, i suggested it twice though, few months ago, and lots of time ago (over a year) dont really care about it though, you could search for my topic, and maybe use some stuff out it..

I actually searched and could not find it. Maybe if you find me a link I can check it out. :)

I look forward to seeing it.

nah no rune ores and i think not because it will be so easy to get all those ores you dont have to walk far anymore and everything is close to a bank its like its everyday christmas there

I do love Christmas... <3:

Stats:

nacfan
[ Display Name History ]

nacfan

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 380 posts
i found it, though its not that great, thought i worked it out better :?

well heres the link:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=555161&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Posted Image

anim7
[ Display Name History ]

anim7

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • RSN:anim7
  • RSN2:r3d5ilk
great idea. but take out the rune ores on the 3rd level. 5 addys on the 2nd and 3 on the third.
100% F2P
85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007
85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009
Posted Image

NJE03
[ Display Name History ]

NJE03

Sic Vita Est

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

great idea. but take out the rune ores on the 3rd level. 5 addys on the 2nd and 3 on the third.

Many people seem against rune. :-k

The reason I chose to put it in is to give nice reward for lv90 mining. But I do understand what you mean.

Stats:

hohto
[ Display Name History ]

hohto

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Hohto
  • Clan:TR

Not really.

There's already 4 non-wildy rune rocks and still the wildy spot is the most used one as most people got access to it and it's still faster place for a miner than hero guild for example. People mine runite at places where they can get it fastest. A new non-wildy rune rock wouldn't change the fact that wildy was the most used one, but it would make it more minable during peak hours.

Also the fact that due high alch prices, rune ores really can't go any lower than they currently are. This means that rune item prices wouldn't change and rune ore prices would stay at the same. The normal rule of icreased supply affecting to the prices doesn't work here because of high alching.

Personally I'd add max 1 rune ore there as after all it would be the only non-wildy spot which doesn't require any quests. Extra addy rocks would be more than welcome tho.
Posted Image

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

D. V. Devnull
[ Display Name History ]

D. V. Devnull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,162 posts
  • Location:Slinking in shadow, finding site/forum bugs to kill...
  • RuneScape Status:None

I think the mining guild should consist of 3 levels, the first would be the current mining guild which requires 60 mining. I think that there should be 2 more lower levels to it, one requiring 70 mining and one requiring 90 mining.

The second level (lvl 70 mining) would have in it 7 adament ore and 20 coal ore as well as a ladder leading directly to the surface such as the one in security stronghold. The third level (90 mining) would have 3 rune ore, 5 adament, 8 mithril and 15 coal. This level would also have a ladder leading to surface.

Note: I understand many people feel the number of ore is too great. This is just rough idea currently.

Well there it is, feel free to discuss or suggest additional add on.

NJEO3, I support your suggestion at the rock levels you currently have published on your post, which I have quoted above.

The economy needs to take a nose dive until such time as the autoers and macroers leave due to what they are doing being fully not profitable, which will then actively force a regrowth in the economy into what it should be.

(Plus, this will have the effect of allowing Jagex to get rid of some of the updates that hurt honest players. You know which ones I mean.)

~Mr. Delta Varuna Devnull
Posted Image and normally with a cool mind.
(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

NJE03
[ Display Name History ]

NJE03

Sic Vita Est

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Not really.

There's already 4 non-wildy rune rocks and still the wildy spot is the most used one as most people got access to it and it's still faster place for a miner than hero guild for example. People mine runite at places where they can get it fastest. A new non-wildy rune rock wouldn't change the fact that wildy was the most used one, but it would make it more minable during peak hours.

Also the fact that due high alch prices, rune ores really can't go any lower than they currently are. This means that rune item prices wouldn't change and rune ore prices would stay at the same. The normal rule of icreased supply affecting to the prices doesn't work here because of high alching.

Personally I'd add max 1 rune ore there as after all it would be the only non-wildy spot which doesn't require any quests. Extra addy rocks would be more than welcome tho.

There you have it, alchemy limits the price from going below a certain point. Well said. =D>

I think the mining guild should consist of 3 levels, the first would be the current mining guild which requires 60 mining. I think that there should be 2 more lower levels to it, one requiring 70 mining and one requiring 90 mining.

The second level (lvl 70 mining) would have in it 7 adament ore and 20 coal ore as well as a ladder leading directly to the surface such as the one in security stronghold. The third level (90 mining) would have 3 rune ore, 5 adament, 8 mithril and 15 coal. This level would also have a ladder leading to surface.

Note: I understand many people feel the number of ore is too great. This is just rough idea currently.

Well there it is, feel free to discuss or suggest additional add on.

NJEO3, I support your suggestion at the rock levels you currently have published on your post, which I have quoted above.

The economy needs to take a nose dive until such time as the autoers and macroers leave due to what they are doing being fully not profitable, which will then actively force a regrowth in the economy into what it should be.

(Plus, this will have the effect of allowing Jagex to get rid of some of the updates that hurt honest players. You know which ones I mean.)

~Mr. Delta Varuna Devnull

You make an excellent point. It is highly unlikely that most autoer will ever reach high enough levels to gain access to these areas before being banned therefore they would potentially be at a disadvantage.

Stats:

anim7
[ Display Name History ]

anim7

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 591 posts

Not really.

oh I get it now...Because the difference between high alch price and street price of rune armor is so slim, there is no room to go down. Thus extra rune rocks would have very little impact, if at all on the economy.

Since that is the case, then I go back on my last post saying there should be no rune rock.

Maybe one or two rocks here would be nice since the expected rune ore price would be like 10-11k per ore. Below that and then rune smithers could just alch their stuff. It also means that the wildy rocks might be freed up a little bit.

But then again, 90 mining....only 3000 people with that out of a possible 18000 rune miners. How about the req'd level at 87 mining? That is about 8000 people or about half the rune miners.
100% F2P
Posted Image

NJE03
[ Display Name History ]

NJE03

Sic Vita Est

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Not really.

oh I get it now...Because the difference between high alch price and street price of rune armor is so slim, there is no room to go down. Thus extra rune rocks would have very little impact, if at all on the economy.

Since that is the case, then I go back on my last post saying there should be no rune rock.

Maybe one or two rocks here would be nice since the expected rune ore price would be like 10-11k per ore. Below that and then rune smithers could just alch their stuff. It also means that the wildy rocks might be freed up a little bit.

But then again, 90 mining....only 3000 people with that out of a possible 18000 rune miners. How about the req'd level at 87 mining? That is about 8000 people or about half the rune miners.

87? that is not a good number. Maybe 8000 people have it currently but in time that will change. It should be a nice even number like 90.

Stats:

anim7
[ Display Name History ]

anim7

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 591 posts

Not really.

87? that is not a good number. Maybe 8000 people have it currently but in time that will change. It should be a nice even number like 90.

edit:oops clicked on the wrong button. my bad
100% F2P
Posted Image

Shahrazad
[ Display Name History ]

Shahrazad

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
Umm... I don't really like to make anyone down by his/her suggestion but sorry I have to disagree with your addition to the Mining Guild as I think it is enough the way it is :).
*Started Runescape in 1st of August 2005*.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users