barrows/slayer dart/armour

rft

I have read a few conflicting reports about magic dart. Some say that your mage level doesnt affect it, others say that it does. Having read several barrows guides, they all suggest having good mage armour to cast it.

In the case of the barrows brothers, they are all pures, and I decided to go in in full initiate (for prayer boost) instead of ahrims and didnt notice much difference. Does anyone else have experience with using non-mage gear in barrows and casting slayer dart? I can pack a whopping 97 bonus with ahrims, but if it doesnt count for anything, then maybe I'd be better off with the prayer bonus instead? (p.s. on my second trip with initiate, I got my best chest ever - points to sig)

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Well, first off let me say this: Barrow brothers have REALLY LOW magic defense. It's almost a joke how negative their magic bonuses seem to be.

I personally always go with Veracs skirt, guthans plate, and a farseer, along with the other basic slayer dart stuff. My gear ends up to probably not much more then a +10-30 magic bonus. And I still rip through the brother like they're nothing.

I'd recommend probably going with prayer gear rather then magic. But, if you want to save some prayer potions, try going for a higher defense, it's rather useful since you can replace food with prayer potions, and with a high enough defense, most brother can't hit you. (Torag, Guthan, mostly)

Edit: I never knew it was possible to get three items from a barrows chest? :-k

Slayer dart IS dependant on your mage level. However, it is a common belief that it is NOT dependant on your mage offense. With a sizable negative magical offense I still have little trouble making contact with dart. Your max hit with slayer dart is dependant on your magic level as well, if you did not already know.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Thanks for comments. I probably didnt make it clear that I know that your mage level determines how high you hit, I was interested in the effects of a magic bonus. I think that I'll stick to using initiate when I pray, and switch to higher defense armour against the ones that I dont pray against.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs