:: Pyramid Plunder Guide - Fastest Experience ::

Dork

This guide was originally written for the Runescape Official Forums (by me), I am posting here it for a larger 'audience', and also so I can include pictures :P My current best experience per hour at Pyramid Plunder is 198k (91+ thieving), but I know I could get more. The experience depends on your level, and it is recommended that you have at least 51 before starting here.

Table of Contents:

1. What to bring

2. How to get there

3. How to play for maximum experience

4. Additional Information

5. Experience Table

6. Loot

7. Room Map

1. What to bring:

Food and antipoison potions:

10 hitpoint healer per dose of antipoison

Or

20 hitpoint healer per dose of super antipoison*

Full Prayer (if you're 43+, not needed though)

Shantay Pass and 400gp (not needed if you use a Pharoah's Sceptre to teleport there).

A Teleport - Just to bank easier

Lightness boots - Optional

*Food:Antipoison ratio varies on how much you get hit in the minigame,

this is just a rough outline of how much food/antipoisons you'll need.

2. How to get there:

Note: You MUST have started Itchlarin's Little Helper quest to get there. If you haven't completed the quest, and need to get back into Saphanem, just enter the small cave east of the wanderer. After completing the quest, you can just enter via the gates.

From Shantay, head into the desert and travel on the magic carpet to Pollnivneach, once there, run south until you find the next magic carpet ride, ride that to Sophanem. When you arrive, enter the gates, and the Pyramid Plunder mini-game is in the first Pyramid you see. Or, alternatively, you can use a Pharoah's Sceptre to teleport straight to the minigame.

The below picture shows the area of the Desert you will need to know to get to Pyramid Plunder, and where the Sceptre can teleport you to.

desertmapnn3.png

1. First Carpet Ride

2. First Carpet Ride Stop

3. Second Carpet Ride

4. Second Carpet Ride Stop

5. Pyramid Plunder Pyramid - First teleport on Sceptre (Jalsavrah)

6. Agility Pyramid - Second Teleport on Sceptre (Jaleustrophos)

7. Desert Treasure Pyramid - Third Teleport on Sceptre (Jaldroacht)

8. Itchlarin's Little Helper start point, the cave to enter to get into Sophanem after starting the quest is also there.

2.1 Alternative Route

ppbnkmethodww6.gif

This route seems to be the best way to bank without a Pharoah's Sceptre. After getting to PP through the normal route (carpet rides), and completing your load of Plunder, follow the line from the gates to the Agility Pyramid, where you can then sell your loot for that load, then continue to follow the line to the bank in Nardah. Also, if you've completed the Spirits of the Elid you can charge your prayer there too (green dot on the map), with an added bonus to your hp.

Method suggested by Spheric1

3. How to play for maximum experience:

The Pyramid has 4 doors, to start the minigame you need to find which door has the Mummy inside it (it's random, and changes every 20 minutes or so), you can then right click the Mummy and select play mini-game. For more information on how to play, you can speak to the NPC on the south side of the Pyramid.

Once you've started, thieve your way past the [bleep]es on the wall in the door way, then head into the first room, quickly thieve the chest in the middle, then move onto the next room by thieving the doors on the wall until you find the right one).

Once into the 2nd room, just repeat what you did in the first room, continue to repeat this until you're in the second highest room you can be in (depends on your level).

When you get to your second-to-max level room, check each urn for snakes and search the chest in the middle of the room, then proceed to your max level room. You do not search for loot in this room, because as mentioned, you only have 5 minutes to get as much experience as you can and searching for loot in this room will only waste time, but checking for snakes is very quick.

Once in your max level room check each urn for snakes, then search again to get the loot. You can just search before checking for snakes in this room, and still get the same amount of xp, but by not checking the chance of failing is increased, which means you'll lose more hp, and take around the same time anyway. You can also charm the snake before searching for the loot if you wish, but this is not recommended, by charming the snake you will half the experience gained from searching the urn. If you happen to get poisoned while searching for the snake or loot, just drink a sip of antipoison and keep on going. After searching all the urns in the last room, search the chest, and then finally the coffin (optional, but gives you a chance of getting a PharoahÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Sceptre) before leaving the room. Continue to repeat this for maximum experience.

4. Additional Information:

For those of you who are lower leveled thieving, you may also want to search the urns in the room before your max level room too, as you'll have more time to spare after each game. Just experiment and see what works for you.

Scarabs and Mummies can sometimes come out of the chest and coffin after looting them, killing them is optional. If a scarab comes out of a chest, I prefer to turn protect from melee prayer on (they can inflict alot of fast damage) quickly before searching the doors to get to the next room. The scarabs will poison you if they hit you.

You can also bring Energy Potions if you wish. You'll only need them if you can get through the pyramid quite fast though.

It is up to you what you do with the loot, personally I pick up the gold items, but ONLY if I have the inventory space for them (more detailed description of the loot below).

Aswell as giving quite a nice experience reward, you can also find Pharoah's Sceptres from the chests, which are currently worth around 500k-1m (I think?), and give you the ability to teleport to certain Pyramids within the desert (as shown above), which is a nice bonus while training thieving. The coffins can also give the sceptres, but they don't give any thieiving experience (they do give a small amount fo strength experience), which is why I suggest only thieving the last one.

This can take a while to get used to doing, but once you've got it, it is very fast experience.

When thieving the doors to get to the next room you'll notice that you get a message telling you that it would be easier with a lock pick. It is not worth bringing a lock pick, because using one will only cut the experience for thieving the door in half, and you rarely fail anyway. :)

5. Experience Table:

Each room has 13 Urns, 1 Chest and 1 Sarcophagus. The door is experience shown is without a pick lock. The searching for loot experience shown is the experience after checking for snakes.

-Room One-

*Checking for Snakes - 20

*Searching for Loot - 40

*Sarcophagus - 20 Strength experience

*Chest - 40

*Door - 40

- Room Two-

*Checking for Snakes - 30

*Searching for Loot - 60

*Sarcophagus - 30 Strength experience

*Chest - 60

*Door - 60

-Room Three-

*Checking for Snakes - 50

*Searching for Loot - 100

*Sarcophagus - 50 Strength experience

*Chest - 100

*Door - 100

-Room Four-

*Checking for Snakes - 70

*Searching for Loot - 140

*Sarcophagus - 70 Strength experience

*Chest - 140

*Door - 140

-Room Five-

*Checking for Snakes - 100

*Searching for Loot - 200

*Sarcophagus - 100 Strength experience

*Chest - 200

*Door - 200

-Room Six-

*Checking for Snakes - 150

*Searching for Loot - 300

*Sarcophagus - 150 Strength experience

*Chest - 300

*Door - 300

-Room Seven-

*Checking for Snakes - 225

*Searching for Loot - 450

*Sarcophagus - 225 Strength experience

*Chest - 450

*Door - 450

-Room Eight-

*Checking for Snakes - 275

*Searching for Loot - 550

*Sarcophagus - 275 Strength experience

*Chest - 550

*Door - 0

6. Loot:

Below is a list of items that you can receive from the minigame. The number next to the item is how much gp you can exchange each item for with the Agility Pyramid owner. Unfortunately, you can not sell them to him noted. You cannot sell the Sceptre to him, he offers 100gp, and your character refuses to sell for that price. :P

The loot is also used to charge the Pharoah Sceptres (3 teleport charges when full). You will need 6 gold items, 12 stone items, or 24 pottery items/combs to charge the staff. To charge it, speak to the mummy with those items (unnoted) in your inventory.

Note: If you do happen to get a Pharoah's Sceptre while searching the chests or Sarcophagus, the mummy will appear and say something about having to reset the rooms. You will get a message in the chatbox too, if you click 'click to continue', you will be teleported out of the pyramid. However if you don't click continue, you will not be teleported out, and can continue on with your thieving.

lootfs8.png

Pharoahs-Teleport.gif

Just a picture of the Pharoah's Sceptre teleport for

your enjoyment. Thanks to Headnazgul for this. :D

7. Room Map:

Each room requires a higher thieving level to get into, the room requirements are as follows:

Room 1 - 21 Thieving

Room 2 - 31 Thieving

Room 3 - 41 Thieving

Room 4 - 51 Thieving

Room 5 - 61 Thieving

Room 6 - 71 Thieving

Room 7 - 81 Thieving

Room 8 - 91 Thieving

It's recommended that you try to learn where the doors are in each room, so you can move on to the next room easier. The pictures of the rooms below will hopefully help you memorise each room. Personally I start at the door that's closest to the chest, and is also next to the entrance hall, and then move in a clockwise direction to each door until I find the correct one. The only exceptionto this is room 5, because the sarcophagus kind've blocks off one of the doors (you'll notice when you get to it), this is the only room I move in an anti-clockwise direction in.

roomsqp8.png

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask here, or pm me in game. My pm is always on if i'm online. :) Any suggestions on what I can add to the guide are also appreciated. :)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, thanks :oops: I'd actually noticed I did that earlier, and even edited the pic, guess I forgot to rehost it :P Changed now though. :) Hope it helps when you try it out :D

Dork.jpeg

Nice guide. I'll try and search the urns next time for snakes because I don't do that. I've so far got from lvl 71 to 85 at Pyramid Plunder. :D

It is up to you what you do with the loot, personally I pick up the gold items, but ONLY if I have the inventory space for them (more detailed description of the loot below).

Same method I use to. I did a couple of trips to Simon and made around 120k lol. :P

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Last I checked, the XP with the flute is less than the xp without. And since failing does not stun you, it is the best option. In room 8, the difference is 275 xp per urn.

Also, don't bring a lockpick. You get double xp on the doors.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Omg best guide ever :3>

Hehe, thanks :3>

Nice guide. I'll try and search the urns next time for snakes because I don't do that. I've so far got from lvl 71 to 85 at Pyramid Plunder.

I just prefer checking for snakes because to me, it seems like it takes around the same amount of time anyway, after all the extra fails from not checking :P Hehe, i've gone from 82-92 so far :)

Same method I use to. I did a couple of trips to Simon and made around 120k lol. :P

I have around 250 scarabs, and 100 statuettes to trade in now, just to lazy to get around to it :XD:

Last I checked, the XP with the flute is less than the xp without. And since failing does not stun you, it is the best option. In room 8, the difference is 275 xp per urn.

Just double checked that, you're right, it halves the experience you get from searching, added tothe guide. :)

Also, don't bring a lockpick. You get double xp on the doors.

Already have something about that in the guide ;)

Awesome guide :D So we can now finally make some good cash and fast xp from thieving? Sounds good, I'll try it one day.

Yup :) Even if you get a Sceptre every 3 hours, that's still better than most money making skills (wcing,fishing, etc.) :)

I will be trying to get to 60 thiev, do you recommend the pyramid or knocking bandits? i guess im too low level to go to the pyramid and be efective right?

Nope, at 51-60 thieving Plunder gives around 50-60k experience an hour, you should be fine :)

Dork.jpeg

to tell you the truth, the anti/superanti poisons are not required. The poison does a MAX of 2 if i am not mistaken? and if you happen to use the antipoison and search the next urn, chances are that you are going to get poisoned again. now, if you have super anti's just flowing out of your bank, go ahead and use them, but there is no true need to go out and buy/make anti/superanti pots for plundering.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

to tell you the truth, the anti/superanti poisons are not required. The poison does a MAX of 2 if i am not mistaken? and if you happen to use the antipoison and search the next urn, chances are that you are going to get poisoned again.

Erm, I guess you're not sure how antipoison potions work then. If you drink a normal antipoison, it not only heals your poison, but it makes you immune to poison for 1 minute. If you drink a super antipoison it heals your poisonand makes you immune for 5 minutes. So no, you won't just be repoisoned on the next urn.

Which means 1 dose of anti poison will keep you from being hit an extra 12 hitpoints (2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1), and you get 4 doses, much better than using the extra shark to heal from poison.

Dork.jpeg

Very nice guide thank you...this is coming from a guide making perfectionist.

Glad you like it :D

Oh, and don't expect any sceptres. I went from level 95-99+ there, and I didn't get a single sceptre.

I've had 5 from 82-92 :? Just bad luck I guess

You could use guthans to heal and lunar spells for antipoison and be there extremely long times if you dropped all reward items?

Gotta try this pyramid next time I train thieving.

Yes, you could :P But it could take a while to get guthan to heal for youand there's not much to kill apart from the mummy's that come out of the sarcophagus, or plague frogs outside (but they only have 10 hits), and it really doesn't take much time at all to bank anyway. :) Let me know how it goes if you do decide to use the method you mentioned though :D

Dork.jpeg

Pretty good guide. The Tallest1 was gonna make a guide for this soon but looks like you beat him to it. At least yours isn't bad, but I have some suggestions.

--A table of the experience gained from each task. Searching urns, doors, chests, sarcaphogi, etc.

--Diagrams showing the order in which to check the doors in each room to achieve the quickest path. I know it's random but going from a door on one side of the room to the door on the other side is highly inefficient and if someone hasn't memorized where the other doors are, it can suck up a lot of time going back and forth.

It's also probably worth mentioning that if you are being attacked by Scarabs, you can't open a sarcaphogus. So if you wanna check the last one, it's a good idea to check that sarcaphogus first, then the center chest.

Lastly, the scepter's price tag just depends on how much people are willing to pay for it. I've had several people offer 1.4m for mine, and then some offer 500k. I even saw a player mod attempting to buy one for 50k on world 2 :roll:. Seems to vary greatly. It's hard to say exactly how rare or common it is though... like Esper, I've known many people who trained there for ages without ever receiving one, when I got two of them in two trips, from the same chest no less. Though I was doing it for the scepters and not the xp, so I checked all the center chests going through it.

I'm curious though, you said, "You can just search before checking for snakes in this room, and still get the same amount of xp, but by not checking the chance of failing is increased, which means you'll lose more hp, and take around the same time anyway." But then earlier you said to check for snakes in the room prior to your maximum but not loot them, why is that? If you get the same experience without checking for snakes, then why bother? Or did you mean overall experience is the same, but food usage is higher if you don't check?

That's all I can really think of atm unless you want my .gif of the Pharoah's Scepter teleport. I'm sure Tallest will have some other stuff to contribute when he gets around to it.

Nazgul.jpeg

Oops, thanks I'd actually noticed I did that earlier, and even edited the pic, guess I forgot to rehost it. Changed now though. Hope it helps when you try it out

You are gonna make me addicted to rs again.

Sorry :oops: :P

Pretty good guide. The Tallest1 was gonna make a guide for this soon but looks like you beat him to it. At least yours isn't bad, but I have some suggestions.

--A table of the experience gained from each task. Searching urns, doors, chests, sarcaphogi, etc.

Ah, will do :) I actually had an experience table on the guide I wrote for RSOF, not sure why I haven't included it here to be honest :-k

--Diagrams showing the order in which to check the doors in each room to achieve the quickest path. I know it's random but going from a door on one side of the room to the door on the other side is highly inefficient and if someone hasn't memorized where the other doors are, it can suck up a lot of time going back and forth.

Nice idea, will do that :) It will take up alot of space, so i'll will try to find a way around that, maybe just take pictures of the minimap. Also, just curious, which do you find is the best way to take the doors? Personally I go clockwise from the door that's usually closest to the chest, with the exception of room 5 of course.

It's also probably worth mentioning that if you are being attacked by Scarabs, you can't open a sarcaphogus. So if you wanna check the last one, it's a good idea to check that sarcaphogus first, then the center chest.

Ok, i'll add that. :)

Lastly, the scepter's price tag just depends on how much people are willing to pay for it. I've had several people offer 1.4m for mine, and then some offer 500k. I even saw a player mod attempting to buy one for 50k on world 2 :roll:. Seems to vary greatly. It's hard to say exactly how rare or common it is though... like Esper, I've known many people who trained there for ages without ever receiving one, when I got two of them in two trips, from the same chest no less. Though I was doing it for the scepters and not the xp, so I checked all the center chests going through it.

Yes, i've noticed the how much the price varies too, I think it's because most people don't even know they exist. :?

I'm curious though, you said, "You can just search before checking for snakes in this room, and still get the same amount of xp, but by not checking the chance of failing is increased, which means you'll lose more hp, and take around the same time anyway." But then earlier you said to check for snakes in the room prior to your maximum but not loot them, why is that? If you get the same experience without checking for snakes, then why bother? Or did you mean overall experience is the same, but food usage is higher if you don't check?

I'll try to explain it a little clearer. If you check a chest in the first room you get 20 experience, if you then search it you'll receive another 40 experience. However, if you don't check it, but just search, you get the full 60 experience in one go. The reason I still prefer tocheck first is that if you check, then search you have a far less chance of failing, so it's actually faster, and because you won't be failing as much you'll also use less food.

The reason I don't loot the urns in the second last room is because there just isn't enough time to do so, and still get through the last room too, especially after 91 thieving. But asI suggested in the guide, if you're finishing with alot of time left over, you should try to experiment to see if you can also search the urns in thesecond last room too.

I hope i've explained that ok (Hopefully when I add the experience table it will be clearer for others, too).

That's all I can really think of atm unless you want my .gif of the Pharoah's Scepter teleport. I'm sure Tallest will have some other stuff to contribute when he gets around to it.

If you'd like to let me use it i'd be glad to put it on, with credit to you for it of course. :) Thank you for your suggestions :D

Dork.jpeg

Oh, and don't expect any sceptres. I went from level 95-99+ there, and I didn't get a single sceptre.

And I've had three or four from 77-81 :-k

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Having done it for awhile myself, and getting a sceptre of my own, I also think searching's the best option. The time it takes to get the experience is less of an issue once you GET there. The thing with searching is that it gives you the maximum amount of exp. If you've got guthans, hp matters very little, and poison is completely neglectable. However, the time to go to your highest level in the pyramid takes some time. For that time, it makes sense to get the highest exp possible.

Just my two cents. I suggest searching, personally, for the maximum exp for your time.

Having done it for awhile myself, and getting a sceptre of my own, I also think searching's the best option. The time it takes to get the experience is less of an issue once you GET there. The thing with searching is that it gives you the maximum amount of exp. If you've got guthans, hp matters very little, and poison is completely neglectable. However, the time to go to your highest level in the pyramid takes some time. For that time, it makes sense to get the highest exp possible.

Just my two cents. I suggest searching, personally, for the maximum exp for your time.

But it's not just the fact that failing takes more food, it also takes more time than checking, too. So after checking/searching, you've failed less, and actually taken less time. Also, if you're using guthans you're not going to be getting the maximum exp for your time anyway, as I said earlier, there isn't much you can heal on except mummies and frogs, and you also have to hope that guthans decides to heal you. It also weighs alot more, and you'll be running out of energy alot quicker.

Dork.jpeg

Pharoahs-Teleport.gif

And the direction I check the doors depends on the room. Whichever door is closest to me I start there and work my way around until I hit the right one.

Now that I think about it though I do recall seeing your guide on rs forums. The xp table of the objects surprised me quite a bit :-s

Nazgul.jpeg