:: Pyramid Plunder Guide - Fastest Experience ::

Dork

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about viability, but baskets of strawberries heal 35 hp each, and all you have to do is keep an extra spot open so you can take out a strawberry. Might be better than sharks?

Ah, 5 hp per strawberry, with 5 in each basket I think, so 25. It's really up to you which food you want to bring, shark is just a good outline because you'll use roughly 1 shark per 2 doses of antipoison. :)

I assume each room requires a level to enter, what is the level required to each room? Is the same for all players or not?

Oops, i'll add that now. :)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Not sure about viability, but baskets of strawberries heal 35 hp each, and all you have to do is keep an extra spot open so you can take out a strawberry. Might be better than sharks?

Ah, 5 hp per strawberry, with 5 in each basket I think, so 25. It's really up to you which food you want to bring, shark is just a good outline because you'll use roughly 1 shark per 2 doses of antipoison. :)

Strawberries heal you depending on your hp lvl.

I'll use this guide for 65 thieving - my friend wrote a guide on pickpocketing desert bandits, it's 250k per hour :shock:

Is the sceptre really worth it? Seems like a pain to recharge it. How much does it cost atm?

77yLQy8.png

Strawberries heal you depending on your hp lvl.

I'll use this guide for 65 thieving - my friend wrote a guide on pickpocketing desert bandits, it's 250k per hour :shock:

Is the sceptre really worth it? Seems like a pain to recharge it. How much does it cost atm?

Ohh, didn't know that about strawberries, thanks ;)

Using black jack to thieve menaphites definately isn't 250k, and it's much more tedious than playing plunder, each to their own though ;)

It's probably not worh buying, but getting one for free, it's very handy getting back to the pyramid. :P

Dork.jpeg

First, it's a great guide. Here's my strategies:

~Getting There~

As you listed

House Teleport (set to Pollivneach): I use this for now

Camulet

Scepter: I'll use this when I get it

~Inventory~

2 pots Super Anti-poison

22 Monkfish (sharks, strawberries, Sara pots!!!)

I wear monk top and bottom and god book (make prayer last longer)

I like anti-poison as it lasts the entire run, in addition it saves food you'd lose to poison damage so it's very worth it. I use prayer when scarabs appear or rogue mummy. Like above, I do not carry lockpicks or flutes.

~Tactics~

Use 2 or 3 men, hey you all end the run at the same time even if different level. With more guys, you find the correct door quicker to the next level.

Goto room below highest room you can achieve to start thieving.

Thieve urns till 1/2 to 1/3 time is remaining. I do not search for snakes, I just click on urns to search. It's much faster after expermentation. I only try to save the gold items (currently have 100 of them banked).

Before heading for final room, I check the center chest with 1 spot open in inventory (it's usually a gold item). If scarabs appear, I put on prayer and head to next room.

Thieve urns till 1 block remains on time (I'm usually done by then anyway). Open an inventory spot and thieve the center chest, then thieve urns till you're kicked out.

With this, at 76 thieving, I get above 10k xp per run consistently. My super anti-poison and monkfish usually wear out at the same time. I also have about 16 gold items by then also.

Now if only I can get a stupid scepter.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Sorry I haven't been posting, been preoccupied with other things :P

beautiful guide!

Thank you :)

Also nuke, do u think you would get about 120kxp an hour?

cause im 76 thieving as well, and that would be nice

Yes, 71-80 is 120k+ an hour, if done right. :)

Dork.jpeg

Awesome guide! I must say I use a method similiar to Nuke by turning prayer on and ignoring the scarabs or mummy.

One thing you might add for those people hitting all the center chests on their way to the highest room, when you do get a sceptre, the guardian mummy appears, complains about you finding his master's sceptre, and tele's you outside saying he needs to reset it again. If you did not have an empty spot in inventory when that happens, I would think the sceptre ends up on the floor, and you may not make it back before it disappears.

Awesome guide! I must say I use a method similiar to Nuke by turning prayer on and ignoring the scarabs or mummy..

I have that in the guide o.O

One thing you might add for those people hitting all the center chests on their way to the highest room, when you do get a sceptre, the guardian mummy appears, complains about you finding his master's sceptre, and tele's you outside saying he needs to reset it again. If you did not have an empty spot in inventory when that happens, I would think the sceptre ends up on the floor, and you may not make it back before it disappears.

Ah, didn't know that o.O After 5 sceptres i've never een teleported out, guess I move onto the next room too fast, lol :P

Dork.jpeg

One thing you might add for those people hitting all the center chests on their way to the highest room' date=' when you do get a sceptre, the guardian mummy appears, complains about you finding his master's sceptre, and tele's you outside saying he needs to reset it again. If you did not have an empty spot in inventory when that happens, I would think the sceptre ends up on the floor, and you may not make it back before it disappears.[/quote]

Ah, didn't know that o.O After 5 sceptres i've never een teleported out, guess I move onto the next room too fast, lol :P

Perhaps it is new? I managed to get the sceptre a couple of days ago. I am certain I was in room 5 and the center chest (room 7 is my max), and it kicked me outside, and the sceptre was in my inventory.

Awesome guide! I must say I use a method similiar to Nuke by turning prayer on and ignoring the scarabs or mummy..

I have that in the guide o.O

I have had this happen to me twice. And I know how to fix it :P Basically, the guardian mummy appears, as previously mentioned and will tele you out ONLY if you press "Continue." If you do press continue, you get the Sceptre and are teled out. Again, if you press continue, have NO inventory space, you are teled out and the Sceptre appears on the floor back in the pyramid (in other words, you don't get it). However, if you don't press continue, and instead, just click on the floor below you, or on an urn, or an empty space 3 squares away, you will NOT be teleported out and you will still get your sceptre. For example, if your inventory is full and you get a sceptre, instead of pressing continue, drop something in your inventory (the message should disappear and you should not be teleported out) and pick up the sceptre, which should be below you.

This should work, as it has worked for me :P One time I was teleported out, and the next I tried the method I stated above and it worked fine, I wasn't teleported that time.

So I'm asuming Dork just didn't press "Continue" ;)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

This is one of the best guides i have seen. Good work!

Probably doing something wrong here but I seem to maximize my xp if i DONT loot the chests on my way to my hilvl room.

To maximaze I hurry to my 2nd highest room, loot 6-8 urns and then move to next room and loot all the urns and the chest....

I usually tele out with my glory, bank and tele back to pyramide after. Every 3rd trip I bring enough stone thingies to recharge the sceptre.

Another sceptre would be nice, but I still want to get the most xp possible.

Tripsis:

That makes sense. I got my second sceptre last night, and it did not tele me out. I clicked on the door right after the center chest, and continued on.

Thanks for the help!

You're welcome :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Sorry I haven't been posting, been preoccupied with other things :P

beautiful guide!

Thank you :)

Also nuke, do u think you would get about 120kxp an hour?

cause im 76 thieving as well, and that would be nice

Yes, 71-80 is 120k+ an hour, if done right. :)

Awesome, thanks very much for replying. Already got 77 =]

Jimmy+Kak.png

currently smithing

I have had this happen to me twice. And I know how to fix it :P Basically, the guardian mummy appears, as previously mentioned and will tele you out ONLY if you press "Continue." If you do press continue, you get the Sceptre and are teled out. Again, if you press continue, have NO inventory space, you are teled out and the Sceptre appears on the floor back in the pyramid (in other words, you don't get it). However, if you don't press continue, and instead, just click on the floor below you, or on an urn, or an empty space 3 squares away, you will NOT be teleported out and you will still get your sceptre. For example, if your inventory is full and you get a sceptre, instead of pressing continue, drop something in your inventory (the message should disappear and you should not be teleported out) and pick up the sceptre, which should be below you.

This should work, as it has worked for me :P One time I was teleported out, and the next I tried the method I stated above and it worked fine, I wasn't teleported that time.

So I'm asuming Dork just didn't press "Continue" ;)

Thanks :3> :3> I'll add something about it to the front page. :)

Awesome, thanks very much for replying. Already got 77 =]

Congratulations :D

Dork.jpeg

This is one of the best guides i have seen. Good work!

Probably doing something wrong here but I seem to maximize my xp if i DONT loot the chests on my way to my hilvl room.

To maximaze I hurry to my 2nd highest room, loot 6-8 urns and then move to next room and loot all the urns and the chest....

I usually tele out with my glory, bank and tele back to pyramide after. Every 3rd trip I bring enough stone thingies to recharge the sceptre.

Another sceptre would be nice, but I still want to get the most xp possible.

Thank you, glad you like it :D The reason why I prefer t search the chest in every room is because it only takes a second or so to do so, almost immediately after clicking the chest, you can then click on the door to thieve it. And because it gives you the chance at a sceptre, why not search it ;)

Edit: Oops, was supposed to edit these 2 last posts together, sorry 'bout the double post :oops:

Dork.jpeg

There's currently a glitch in the minigame, if you find it (it's pretty obvious what it is when you see it), don't abuse it, it's not worth losing your account over. Also added to the top of the guide.

Dork.jpeg

It may not be a bug. If it's on the 8th level, it could be a thank you to the 91+ level thieves.

Guess we'll find out when someone posts the reply to the bug report later.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

It may not be a bug. If it's on the 8th level, it could be a thank you to the 91+ level thieves.

Guess we'll find out when someone posts the reply to the bug report later.

When was the last time Jagex gave high levels a good update? lol :P It's definately a bug though, you can tell by what happens to one of the other urns when you thieve the bugged one :P

Dork.jpeg

Well, the glitch has been fixed, guess it wasn't a thank you :P

Also, they've changed scarabs now so they can poison without hitting :? Added both to the first post. :)

Dork.jpeg