Discuss Tip.It's stance here

Gohan_Dku_Leader

I think that if the people who post here already get really active here for about a month, then everyone else will see that this place is getting big, then new people will decide to come here, and the word will get out that RT is growing :P

...A top 20 list up-to-date, maybe clan of the month that could be held on the Tip.It site. With a link and an explanation to why they were chosen. Of course you need to give people the power to be able to do this, and someone with a good clan knowledge to pick a clan every month...

This idea will prove problematic, as many will claim the 'picker' may be bias, and eventually it'll lose novelty and die. We will be using the main website to bait more users into this section via the Website Clan Database that is a work-in-progress.

More options of how to recruit your clans might help. Some tips of clan building for the newbies. :-w

There is a guide in Clan Archive, but mainly we're trying to accommodate the more stable Clans.

Rumours started to spread about tip.it having "keyloggers" on adds that appears when people go to the forums. Most of which were instigated by RSC users.

Im sure most of you remember this?

Complete lies, fabricated by a minority of spoilers. Of course we do not have keyloggers on our adverts.

We're not going to be hostile towards other Clan sites, but we will defend ourselves if unproven allegations are made - especially against those who deliberately try to spread lies to gain.

Forum layout:

Clans (category)

-Clan Discussion

-Wars

-PK Run Ins

-Clan Recruitment

Again another work in progress, although I hope to include the addition of a few more forums (one being a Clan Achievements forum). Expect a topic about this soon :wink:

Offline and unavailable.

I'm wondering if you want the list of top 20 clans to not be called bias,

Why not make sure the top 20 meet a criteria (most member, best pkers, best skillers etc..) And if there's a tie, get the public to vote on who they think is the best clan.

Perhaps that could solve the 'bias' issue a little bit?

Proud founder of the Myriad

I'm wondering if you want the list of top 20 clans to not be called bias,

Why not make sure the top 20 meet a criteria (most member, best pkers, best skillers etc..) And if there's a tie, get the public to vote on who they think is the best clan.

Perhaps that could solve the 'bias' issue a little bit?

Yeah I agree with this guy.

If theres ever a list, it should be in a highscores sorta format based on things like he said.

It shouldn't be listed as just one list because clans are 3 dimensional. :-k

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I admit to checking out RSC for quest guides if and ONLY IF they post them first/before Tipit does...

But tip was first

And its still the best.

I've been playing since july of 2002.

Tip.it will ALWAYS be my first choice.

Don't worry tip.it... clans suck any way :P

Wars/PKing = dumb

I think more TET and something along the lines of involvement with clans would boost popularity.

Or, you can do what everyone does...

Analyze the situation, why is RSC better? And copy it...

**Remembers SWG's copy of WoW... Sheds tear**

-Stemman9000

Well I have used tip.it to recruit as ytimba and I started a new clan and found it to be less snobby than some of the other sites. It's a bit like the 'noob' thing - new clan means - 'nooby clan' as we have no history yet. However, we have both risen from CB1 to 121 and 118 in record time and we both got to cb100 pre pesty and have excellent total levels as we train skills too :P. Ytimba is now one of the most knowledgable players in RS as he has a photographic memory he sees something once and it is there forever more. The main problem as I see it is Jaggex don t do enough to support clans with in game options - construction - let us build a clan bank where we can keep donated items, build a an armoury for wars and pk, allow us to craft clan cloaks and armour i.e. capes with our insignia on etc, more clan related mini games, clan halls etc and maybe tip.it could help by having a forum called 'Future clan development suggestions' or something and if an idea gets a lot of backing it can be brought to Jaggex's attention. As we are the customer and we can have a say in the way Jaggex improves or modifies the game.

A lot of fly by night clans come and go very rapidly and I think that a way to improve things on tip.it would be to have a clan ranking system based on say a number of categories:

Friendliness of Members

Organisation of Clan Events

Organisation of Clan Ranks

Leadership

Forums

Wesite

Number of Members

A clan could be rated out of 10 for each category and overall rating given. This way clans old and new can be judged in a more equitable manner and potential recruits will have an idea on how far along a particular clan is in terms of its progression from an idea into a working clan unit.

What would also be nice is maybe a clan leaders' section where we can go and discuss subjects relating to the running of a clan etc. For instance I think a 'Clan Embassy Forum' would be good where leaders can meet and discuss alliances and make declarations of war, a clan leaders' rants section would also be good where leaders can post about the really annoying things some members of their clan do and generally let off steam. Clan leaders could also create an allied embassy forum on their own clan forums so that stronger links can be fostered between the two clans etc which brings me to the possibility of a clan 'Leadership ideas' how to keep your clan running smoothly and others like clan event ideas how to keep things interesting and so on and so forth

ged_deschain.png

I think that the best system for those categories is the voting system; rather than a bunch of people making their own lists on their own posts, we could have several different categories like Deschain said, and people would vote on the best for them. A mod or whomever working on it would look at these posts, and then print the number of votes for each clan on the main topic.

That's because a lot of the categories he mentioned are pretty arbitrary, like "Clan Friendliness", so personally I think it would be easier for people to pick out the best rather than write a whole LIST about it. War and pking strength probably wouldn't have to go by the votes.

That was just a thought that popped into my head.

Igna.gif

a few suggestions:

1: MUCH closer cooperation with Runehead. It is the best list of clans out there, with weekly updated rankings of clans and individuals within each clan.

2: A United Nations of some sort, where only leaders and the highest officials of any and all clans can speak their minds. Afterall, it is these people that are followed by the majority of the regular clan members, so their opinions count.

3: Much more detailed "How to build a clan" guide, and also a follow-up guide with several suggestions how you can expand your clan (examples of this are ofcourse depending on what type of clan a person wants; PK, Merchant, Skill, or Hybrid). Examples of deals made between clans (Allies and what is expected form such an alliance, Trade agreements, you name it) that can inspire more of such things.

4: Help people who need a clan with a list of sugestions. Certain notable people, who have an extensive knowledge of the clans out there can help with this ofcourse.

5: Appeal to the little guys. 5 clans of 30 people each will cause for much more interesting reads then 1 clan of 150 people.

6: Re-arange the forums, or allow peopel to arange the catagory of forums as they see fit. If the latter is impossible, here is my suggestion:

Announcements (and all its content)

RuneScape Discussions (and all its content and include forums Clues and Rate this)

Clans

Market Place

Help and Advice

everythign else down form here...

Since the forums are rather large, I have a suggestion that will allow quick switching between sections, much like I have on my own clan site (see sig ofc). If this needs to be explained further, have some forum admin please contact me, it is well worth the effort.

Some final words...

Basicly, if the information is here, the people will come. You have my support, and so also that of my clan (even though we're kinda tiny atm).

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Or one of your admins could pm me for a much simpler solution :)

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

When will ideas be implemented. I definatley think if you want clans to come back you need this above marketplace. That place does not atract people coming here on the sole bases of looking at the market.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

As i see it you got to give the clan community something which they dont have already, how do you think runehead got so big? I mean, we've grown with over 300% over the last 6 months, that is without a doubt due to the fact that we have something partly unique and usable. What can Tip.It offer that RSC can't? 'cept for more strict rules and less tolerant admins (judging from the above posts, this is the general feel towards tip.it among the clan leaders, maybe that reputation should be dealt with before)...?

Another reason players left Clan Discussion was because of the rudeness & flaming :x

When I first joined Tip.It's forums, the CD was extremely active. I also realized that there was so many put-downs, rudeness, & flaming. This probably caused many players to migrate over to RSC. I'm glad Tip.It's CD is a lot calmer now. Even though the rules are strict, they keep everyone behaved. Maybe there needs some "less strictness" though?

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

My own opinions on how the Clan section in Tip.It can be improved...

I. Rearrange the Clan Recruitment forum by the CB Level Requirements. For example; 3-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80, 81-90, 91-100, 101+. This would greatly help Tip.Iters that are looking for clans with certain level requirements. Clan Section organized by CB Req's > Unorganized, jumbled up threads with all sorts of req's.

II. Allow the "Clan Name" that is listed in the users profile, link to the clan's website/forums.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

Clan Disscusion in tip.it is basicly dead:

Tip.it needs a new structure overall, more than two mods to overlook the whole forums. There should be a dramatic rehaul of the whole system of clans simliar that of the layout of RSC. Theirs is much more organised and efficent. Inorder to increase the amount of activity in whole clan dissucssuion they should make it compulsory for clans advertising in the recruitment section to post about their activties on tip.it.

Perhaps the recruitment of some well known clan figures as mod would help spur the growth. Hosting a mini war tornament would increase the amount of post, however do get a willing amount of particpants would require a large deal of work. But to increase the amount of clans posting i think it would be good good to be more leaniant on the rules and allow more freedom. Encourage clans to post the topic they post on rsc on tip.it would increase post hence views.....

Wondering what to do with life .....

antonwhy hit the nail on the head. The larger clans have to bring themselves over. Alot of flaming used to happen here yeah, but you know what? that's what made it interesting and as you can tell some of the larger clans decided to boycott tip.it in retailiation to the bans of certian people.

Like I said if you were wanting the larger clans back here then you would have to offer them alot more then what RSC is, they have catered to what the clan community wanted... a structure suitable for all, gave out modship to a good amount clan figures.

As I see it right now CD here has nothing that stands out :(

maybe not... thats why its a perfect place to not appeal to the big fish... but to the small clans (3 to ~60 members)...

they can get a say out here, and its said in an atmosphere of people that care. you cant convince me to get in 1 word between the flames of al the supersized clans out there...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

As I see it right now CD here has nothing that stands out :(

The more higher ranked clans probably won't return unless their clan leader(s) do. Maybe some of their members will talk here or there, but that's pretty much it. Tip.It staff will need to talk to some other clan leaders out there to bring Tip.It's CD alive again. I miss the old days :cry: (Except for all the flaming back then)

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg