the old, forgotten legends of rs

Dragonwizerd

I consider anyone that started pre-Summer 2001 and is still playing today is a legend in their own right. I remember tons of characters that helped craft what RS is today back in the old days. I personally envied King Sabre more than most.

I feel we don't get as much respect as we deserve, but what we did was behind the scenes, simply playing the game for so long. Unsung heroes, if you will..

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sort of true. Since n0va has been taking a break, he'll be forgotten pretty soon as the generation of older players quits and the newer ones come in, noone will be there to tell the story :( . Kind of sad if you ask me. (old nite will soon be forgotten as well :cry: )

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

i might not be anymore in players memory or such legend but im going to log in now for one hour in rs...i stopped active playing late 2002 but my character is still exist.

If anyone remember name M Oldfield and is seeing this now, im able to talk in game in 15min...

though im quite sure i will see either Lady Lynda or zcav when i log in..they seems to be always there when i log in for short moment few times in year.

edit: was helping some noobs out and dropped some stuff and food in lumby....ill be back when there is next holiday event.

Isn't lillyuffie a forgotten legend she's prettty low on the highscores now

and zezima isn't that active either n0valyfe has almost caught up with him

- but n0va is quitting after he gets 200mil fletching exp and hopefully a phat :cry: - this is not fake you can check out his website- (forgot the name of it)

Getting another sig

[removed]

hers one of my favorite quotes im not sure where its from, "hero's are remembered, but legends never die"

seems like a very true quote i miss the good old days :cry:

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

Bonebreaker6 is up there too in my legends book.

I remember seeing him powerfish in f2p world a few times when I first started.

Zonghui is a bit more well known (I think), same with l6vi and snake slava, all for different reasons.

And Tres, are you M_Oldfield? :o

160vy.png

i hope S A X still plays, i have a pic of him like 4 months ago, he is a nice guy saxyk8.png

Well, I hope you enjoy RL as much as I soon will. Gl in RL to you man, and you never let me wear the peehat set. :cry:
thank god for him not letting you wear his phat set you friggin nub. :roll:

Bonebreaker6 is up there too in my legends book.

I remember seeing him powerfish in f2p world a few times when I first started.

Zonghui is a bit more well known (I think), same with l6vi and snake slava, all for different reasons.

And Tres, are you M_Oldfield? :o

]

OMG yes l6vi! He was number one for soooo long. I think it was TKS who finally overtook him (well there were a few people, but TKS pulled to the top after it settled down). I recall that number one was about 1400 skill total at the time (and seemed like an amazing feat).

and yes, M Oldfield I remember you very well!

Swtkttn, Motherofrage are both my most favourite players from rs (erm rsc lol) cause they were really good friends to me!

TKS- Use to be top fisher/cooker

Ashley-First person above 900 Skill Total in early 2002

Bluerose13x-First 99 smither

Mushashi22-First 99 smither that free smithed

Snake Slava (banned for macro)-first 99 ranger

There's a couple I remember... Damn, I've been playing a while. I played during the origonal PK/Non-PK system, pre-wilderness with coin banks. Tough times, couldn't store items, if you died, you died, and had to go get everything back.

rubyamuletew1.png

Ruby Amulet/Rune pure in training.

Current :: 66a/47d/79s - Goal :: 62a/44d/90s

Some others I remember from my permanent return to Runescape:

Ltangel - The first 99 crafter.

Zonghui and Gearshifter - The pride of Runescape's gods (first to 99 prayer, they were racing for it so I forgot who actually got there first).

Whitemagem - Musashi22's rival, accused of account sharing to surpass Musashi's experience.

Katnieks - The creator of AutoRune, the cause of the infamous party hat dupe accident.

I'm not mistaken, Fook a ji was the first to hit 99 thieving but got banned due to his name. :notalk:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Zonghui and Gearshifter - The pride of Runescape's gods (first to 99 prayer, they were racing for it so I forgot who actually got there first).

I'm not mistaken, Fook a ji was the first to hit 99 thieving but got banned due to his name. :notalk:

I don't remember the two of them ever racing for 99 Prayer because that was inconceivable in RSC. Gear managed to get that highest combat level on RSC which was (is) 123 by getting 93 Prayer.

Fook never got 99 Thieving and I don't know where you pulled that story from. The first to 99 Thieving was Swedemike.

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

I don't remember the two of them ever racing for 99 Prayer because that was inconceivable in RSC. Gear managed to get that highest combat level on RSC which was (is) 123 by getting 93 Prayer.

Fook never got 99 Thieving and I don't know where you pulled that story from. The first to 99 Thieving was Swedemike.

Actually, they were tieing for the maxed combat level, which was finally based on their prayer. Hence, a race.

I checked the high scores often and he did post along his race to 99 here, but my memory isn't that sharp to remember that well... I have a life you know. :P

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Alchemon and someone else faught for the top fighter for a long time I thought.

Here are the top 10 overall players on sep 22 2002 (from wayback machine)

L6vi

Ashley

Tiwi

Lightning

Zaptone Z

Alchemon

G Bub

M Oldfield

Hiana

Doublebubble

Here is a link which shows the highscore for that time

http://web.archive.org/web/200112110352 ... s-0-0.html

I played around with different dates for a while but without much luck. If anyone else tries the wayback machine, I had better luck looking up http://www.runescape.com

Alchemon, and Sandytrain have also been widely forgotten but were farmous back in their time.

Tiwi - Banned

M Oldfield - Banned

Hiana - Banned/Shared

Cant be legends if they cheat i dont think

Best player i have ever seen is L6vi

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

:? i didn't actually mean legends, lol erg... :wall: like old players who quit, why they were great ect.
Simple: They were pioneers in their own doing. For instance Blue was the first player to reach 99 smithing, which at the time was a very difficult feat. On the other hand, Musashi's plan on "free smithing" lead to the drastically low costs of Rune equipment in a short timespan, making them very easily affordable to the Runescape population.

Of course, the current generation of Escapers is mostly full of newbies who have no idea who these people are and their impact on the game. :P

Just to clarify, because I know Musa's ears are probably burning right now. But he only started free smithing for the public when a number of other smithers had done so for quite some time, he was never the pioneer of free smithing. Rune items were always steadily dropping, but they did take a massive hit when Zezima reached rune smithing. Whitemagem came into the equation well after the rune market had it's day, he was a second time round smither in the greater scheme of things.

I've seen some people up there in high scores, the only one i've seen in game was NOVA-whatever his/her name is (it's guy ingame but who knows out of game) in the rogues den, I didn't know he was famous and wen't on with my bissness, he wore a guilded plate,d legs, legend cape, but i'm sure you all seen the pictures.

Did somebody call my name? ;)

It seems that whenever people talk about oldschool people, nobody ever remembers your name Greg, yet they talk about others behind you. :lol:

There are a few inacurate posts here, but mostly nice to remember old names.

Here is a list of a few of the people who have been number 1 overall, im sure i've forgotten someone along the way though.

Lightning

Mystic Magic (sp?)

Tiwi

L6vi

Bonebreaker6

Tks

The Old Nite

Zezima

N0valyfe

Arsenes.png

sigqx5.jpg

I consider anyone that started pre-Summer 2001 and is still playing today is a legend in their own right.

meh its not as good as you think, if the chance comes up you definitely brag about it but the only thing ive gotten out of it is is hearing people preaching about experiences they never had and then argue with people who actually lived them about the accuracy of them

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

I consider anyone that started pre-Summer 2001 and is still playing today is a legend in their own right.

meh its not as good as you think, if the chance comes up you definitely brag about it but the only thing ive gotten out of it is is hearing people preaching about experiences they never had and then argue with people who actually lived them about the accuracy of them

lol true, I always get a kick out of arguing with someone who said they have been playing "for 8 or 9 years, since 1999 at least".

Arsenes.png

sigqx5.jpg

It seems that whenever people talk about oldschool people, nobody ever remembers your name Greg, yet they talk about others behind you. :lol:

Here is a list of a few of the people who have been number 1 overall, im sure i've forgotten someone along the way though.

Lightning

Mystic Magic (sp?)

Tiwi

L6vi

Bonebreaker6

Tks

The Old Nite

Zezima

N0valyfe

Isn't Lilyuffie(or however you spell it) suppose to be on there?

pujolsrocks.png

afflictionbanner2.png

Lightning

Mystic Magic (sp?)

Tiwi

L6vi

Bonebreaker6

Tks

The Old Nite

Zezima

N0valyfe

so true about greg, one of the true rsc legends, as were you, and myself (well at least i am in my own mind, Wanderers and all that crap)

Why do people forget trixstar?

wolf?

danny1880?

hohto?

rsn_lead?

who da best

robin hood2,

stud690 erixson dirtydevil angry nocc russ an azot bluerose hasnt been mentioned yet?

pugsxi dmxkobe8 footballguru, joe1002,militant

sexy razor

muhahahahahah

md831, phillip, moridin, sleets, krest, gormis, bwareofmef, oergg-you get props here for hugging al sharpton, king sabre, why is garm sabre forgotton? , the legendary fkedyurmom, fulkner and his insane dm challanges, c h a d , almedian3. sunjon/p0rkchop.lotta might, godly, skone751, yaurada6, mctavish, amazonia, yaurrada6, Rab. The people i remember idolizing and fighting,i never see anymore.

There is no such thing as legends in a java game. Most people havent heard of the wanderers, messiahs, earth, bdk, or the russians/ bos/or even the sabres. wheres judiactor anyway? fear ninja? sir beachy? ladykilljoy? hehasnoidea? pker dude jr? (oh wait, there in kofh , shameless plug i know)'

but my point. legends of 2001-2003 are now forgotten mostly

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln