Guide to Everything Fletching (AOW Discussion) ~Updated!

Karmastocracy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now a faster method for stringing.. I'll try and get some pics and stuff..

First make your inventory look like this:

68155293tg9.png

Then click the bow next to the knife:

45638820tr2.png

Double-click the string next to, then double-click the bow.

87937049qk9.png

Do this over and over until your bows are stringed.

98552537nr0.png

Open bank and withdraw strings. Then put your bows in and take (u)'s out.

80209348lj6.png

Do again:

68155293tg9.png

Hope this helps! :D

This is the method that i use for some things.

I was wondering about how you string all the bows with 1 unstrung left, hehe now I know :XD:

Yeah, its great.

Personally i have knife at the top, so I cant 'use knife with yew longbow(u).'

Happy fletching. =P~

Communism is not fit for humans. We are not good enough for it.

Tip.It is officially Red. o.0

~Guide Updated~

2/17/07 Update Includes:

- A New Setup for Stringing Bows.

- The Barbarian Assault Willow Method.

- Lumbridge Bank-Flax Spinning.

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

• 2 weeks later...

~Guide Updated~

3/04/07 Update Includes:

-The Unofficial Fletcher's Guild (In "Tips & Tricks.")

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to give a friendly tip that you can find a Goal Signiture that is legal over at Draynor.net.

It is very usefull if your working on a fletching goal and you want a reminder, or a little achievement for how far your getting levelling. I am going to put up a little subsection about Goal Signitures when I get the time. ::'

Also since there's no where else to put it, I really haven't had much time to donate to Runescape, Tip.it, or this guide; that is why I haven't been active in about a week. My stepbrother is coming back for spring break and he's an avid 'scaper, so that's when I will probably be getting back.

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How come this is totally devoid of bolts, and x-bows :-k
Very good question acually. :)

It was the same with Arrows; I just don't have enough experience in that area properly help you. Like I did with the Arrows section I will just put a little note, and summary of why I excluded it.

But as of today there is an Arrows section! Snipercam7 kindly took it upon himself to donate to this guide, and wrote a Arrows section! Right now it is devoid of pictures, but I will soon be fixing that :wink:

So...

~Guide Updated~

5/04/07 Update Includes:

- A Whole New Fanmade Arrows Section!

- A few corrections to some grammatical errors.

Once again, thanks to Snipercam7 for the new section! I also always love new comments whether they are suggestions, compliments, or critisim! Your feedback is what helps make this guide good! :P

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

• 2 weeks later...

I got from 1-85 in about 2 months without a guide. =D Go ahead and buy a crapload of willows. If you want to, just sell the unstrung bows to a shop to get some money back for it. I went straight to 75 with willows... then did loads of 2k yews, strung, then sold for about 100 profit per bow. 300 for yew logs, 200 for bs. The long bows now sell for around 600 each. So, when getting from 75 to 85, you can make about 1.3 mil! I sure did! :D

slayingseedszh1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I got to 70 fletching from 12k willows or so thehehe! Not stringing that is!

(nice and cheap!)

That's acually how I did it too :wink:

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

You'll have to update the guide; there's a new feature on RuneScape that allows you to click "string all" so you don't have to keep clicking. Greatest update ever!!! (due to the fact i'm 28k strings from 99 fletching hehe).

Well, I think this is a great fletching guide (I am currently 77) but if i might add.. if you purchase yews/strings/nats you will result in a loss of money rather than a gain. If you calculate (at minimum price) Yew logs 290, Bow strings 190 Nature runes 290, the total cost comes out to 770 coming to a total of -2 per bow alched which although is not a great number, you must keep in mind these are the lowest possible purchase prices. Just thought I would throw that in there before people invest too much time and money in this. But this is a great guide over all

beenbeen.png

Well, I think this is a great fletching guide (I am currently 77) but if i might add.. if you purchase yews/strings/nats you will result in a loss of money rather than a gain. If you calculate (at minimum price) Yew logs 290, Bow strings 190 Nature runes 290, the total cost comes out to 770 coming to a total of -2 per bow alched which although is not a great number, you must keep in mind these are the lowest possible purchase prices. Just thought I would throw that in there before people invest too much time and money in this. But this is a great guide over all
Hehe, you acually didn't read the guide in its entirety :wink:

What about if you buy nature runes for 225 each? :) Confused? Read over "Tricks of the Trade."

[quote=jcuki5

]You'll have to update the guide; there's a new feature on RuneScape that allows you to click "string all" so you don't have to keep clicking. Greatest update ever!!! (due to the fact i'm 28k strings from 99 fletching hehe).

:shock:

In the "Bits and Pieces"? I must have skipped over that! Jeez, that is going to have a big impact on Fletching...

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

great guide, make sure you change your stringing part tho, as jagex now made it impossible to do it that way. now "string all" is the only possible way to string. but, once you make that change 10/10. write more guides to skills, you know how to write them well and you provide great pictures :thumbsup:

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Well thanks to the new update, Stringing just got a whole lot less cramping...

~Guide Updated~

6/21/07 Update Includes:

- Renaming of Section 1.8

- Fanreview Section :wink:

- An update on how to stringing bows

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

I don't know if it has already been mentioned(sp?), but you should add to the "Power Fletching" part

that you can sell your Willow longs (u) to the Charter ships for 24 each, even at "full" stock.

So if you buy your willows at 24 each (possible, I did it tons of times) you don't have to "have a load of money that you want to burn".

I did that from lvl 40 to 61(and raising) with no money loss at all! :thumbsup:

joduxw4.png