What things confused you when you were a newb?

benisfab

Well when I was a newb back in Spring 01, there were few people that were considered "experienced"

I remember the quest to get the silverlight as being one of the highlights of the RS experience, it was very difficult back in those days.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crafting - how on earth can I craft?!

I also trained non-combat skills (mostly wc and fm, those were the easiest :lol: ) and thought they raised combat, then I was wondering why my combat isn't raising. #-o

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

I didnt know that axes made an effect on how fats you get logs. Iron axe all the way to lvl 61 wc!!!

I also had no idea how to lvl magic i didnt kno u cud set it on a spell so i kept clicking on it but my guy wudnt use the spell coz i didnt click on the thing....it was only till sum1 told em how to do it....dumb mage...

when i was walking up to varrock one time i thought "better take some shears with me, just in case i find a sheep". The world completely confused me. Now, still a noob, nothing confuses me...except myself...

Moving to new account, subtle_rune. Please PM me there. Now you know that you can trust him!

bannernoobverdeye1.jpg

i toughed combat 10 was ÃÆÃâÃâüberownage :lol:

Yeh, I remember when i was walking through Al Kharid when I was lvl 31 and a low level asked if i was using cheats. I laughed for seconds!

Moving to new account, subtle_rune. Please PM me there. Now you know that you can trust him!

bannernoobverdeye1.jpg

Seeing the gate to Al-Kharid in classic, and thinking that on the other side there must be the key to all riches and levels.

It did cost a mighty 10 gp, no idea what gp was for about a week.

The heady days of classic.

Slide-sig.png

The price of a mithril axe. I went into the store in Lumby, and came out wondering how anyone could make 2K.

Skills

Strength. No one every explained about the attack choices.

Defence. Same as strength.

Magic. I understood the most part, it was a little confusing though.

Crafting. Wasn't explained on TI.

Why there were no arrows (Not the ranging type). This was before signposts, and I spent my first day following the trail north from Lumby for what seemed like hours.

How to get grain/wheat. The field said one, when it went into your inventory, it changed to the other. Jagex SHOULD really change that...

Probably some other things...I have to go soon, if I think of anything, I'll edit this post.

When I got members...

BS. I though they were talking about (Insert bad word(s) here).

Construction. You hvae to admit...It CAN be confusing.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Dumb cooks assitant quest took me half and hour to figure out how to turn the weat into flour. I knew i had to use the mill. AFter a million times of use what with millstone i finnaly figured out there was another floor above. After that no problem.

When I played and didnt really like it that much, I had absoluty no bearings at all. Then I quit for about a month and almost had to re-learn everyting. Also when I was like lvl 10 I thought all worlds were different #-o So i stayed in 58 all the time.

My friend thought his first random event was a real person :lol:

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

First my friend who told me about the game also told me about the wilderness. He left me with the impresion that if I left Lumbridge other people could attack me. :x

Second: I didnt like following roads so it took about 5 mins to get into lumbridge (I came from above draynor manor), I was being guded by the inacurate newcomers map :wall: .

The first time I played I was wandering near the champion's guild thinking: "Wow, this map is really big. I think I'll reach its end soon."

I also got lost in Varrok the first time I visited it... #-o

This signature is intentionally left blank.

i never knew my combat lvl for ever cause i didnt know were to check, I always asked people what it was.

EXACTLY!!! that was wat i did foe a LONG time wen i was a newb... i just kept on killin goblins and makin money that way, made 1k, and decided to look at my stats to see that it said "combat 20"... i was so dum... i also had trouble storing stuff. since there was no bank bak then, and i didn't know wat a general store was for, i had to drop alot of stuff... and i was afraid to leave lumby, until a friend of mine lead me out to varrock and told me bout the world map... :wall:

I could never know how to fish. I kepted on looking for a shop with a fishing rod and never found port sariam. Finally got a fishing rod but then I needed a net.-Spent like 1 week on this

This was before tutorial island

Quit RuneScape :)

Its some years ago i started playing rs... at that point there were nothing called rs2 no1 was even thinking of an update.

The thing that comfused me the most was when i was trying to sell something at Varrock and a group of people came by saying

"Drop Party in museum"

I though what party? I never heard of a party - u see i though they meant that there was a party in the museum which for some reason was cancled.

After a while i figured it cause my bro told me, he had followed the group and gotten a Stell 2h!! omg so cool:)..

It took me 2 months before i finally figured out why people had skulls above their heads :(

This confused me as well, i remember i ran about varrock screamin "i want a skull!" :oops:

Then when i asked somebody why they had it they said it was because they were "dangerous" :shock:

I found out for sure what it ment on my 1st tip in to the wilderness (3 iteming to avoid losing my addy and rune long) i atatcked somebody, and got my skull \' but then i also lost the fight as well as my hard earnt rune and addy :wall: :wall: :wall: didn't do that again :wink:

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

i was thinking that the game was new... (miniclip doh) and i was confused... how cdan ppl get lvl 95 in 1 day! that dude was kewl ill never forget how it looked like... he was wearing a strange dragon mask thing on is head... (red mask ftw!)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined