Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Fight Caves

• Please log in to reply
1330 replies to this topic

Dr_Dismay
[ Display Name History ]

Dr_Dismay

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 40 posts

Gonna attempt fight caves with 72 range, 43 prayer, and 70 def. Gonna equip black d'hide body, chaps, verac helm, snakeskin boots, glory, accumulator, rune xbow/shield with diamond bolts (e).
Is this setup going to work? Should I try broad bolts instead of diamond (e)? And perhaps should I use dragon boots instead of snakeskin?

use plain runite instead of diamond (e). never use dragon boots in the fight caves, they lower your ranged att. it'll be difficult with a prayer level that low, you'll probably run out of prayer potions :\

I'd like to mention how awesome it is that muggiwhplar is still responding to posts after four years.

pkthedreamer
[ Display Name History ]

pkthedreamer

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:King Bawoul
  • Clan:200
:/ died within like 10 seconds of fighting Jad just now, didn't even hit him wtf. Last time I tried for a fire cape was 5 years ago and now I remember why...
I switched to the correct prayers but he still hit me, maybe switching in time is the problem?
Also, I just realized I miscounted and took too many super restores. I had 10 left over and had 0 brews when I got to Jad.

Anyways, this is an awesome guide, one of the best I've read so far. Goes into great detail and describes each strategy. The only thing is that some of the images don't show up.

Thanks so much!

Zoov
[ Display Name History ]

Zoov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • RSN:Zoov
If I can deflect ranged and magic with ancient curses, would you recommend using the ancient curses spellbook?

I think it may be a bad idea for prayer being drained faster (higher level), but I do not know how fast prayer is drained when using ancient curses.

Thanks.

Posted Image
Signature by Unoalexi.
Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.
Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

swagcake
[ Display Name History ]

swagcake

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Durmstrang
  • RSN2:Muskee
  • Clan:RS sucks now
most of the other guide i've seen suggest rune cbow and broads/diamond (e) over elf bow and dfs over books

and also how many range pots would i bring if i want to do the range method using v helm/karil plate/v skirt/dfs/archers ring/snakeskin boots/fury/trimmed skill cape
Posted Image
Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

Zoov
[ Display Name History ]

Zoov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 342 posts
I just did the Caves and died after getting Jad down by about 1/3 of his health. I had plenty of potions left.

Things to note:

• I used Enhanced Excalibur for healing and defense raising; it was very useful for saving brews and not lowering stats.
  • Reason I died: Jad's flinch/getting hit animation looks a lot like his magic attack "rolling" animation. Be careful to not switch to magic protection when he is just flinching.
  • His attack speed was slower than I was ready to guard against - my adrenaline may have been the death of me.
  • Ancient curses work very well for deflecting attacks (and have the same drain rate as normal prayers).

I will try again, this time ready for focus.

Posted Image
Signature by Unoalexi.

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
Should be noted that a) this guide is very out-of-date and b) using only deflect curses and vengeance for the last 60% health or so will kill Jad without the healers.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Zoov
[ Display Name History ]

Zoov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 342 posts
I just tried again and killed Jad.

I did not use ranged once, nor did I ever have to worry about healers.

I used completely deflection curses. The healers do not spawn if you do not hit him with an actual attack!

Here is a video I used as a guide.

Posted Image
Signature by Unoalexi.

swagcake
[ Display Name History ]

swagcake

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Durmstrang
  • RSN2:Muskee
  • Clan:RS sucks now

I just tried again and killed Jad.

I did not use ranged once, nor did I ever have to worry about healers.

I used completely deflection curses. The healers do not spawn if you do not hit him with an actual attack!

Here is a video I used as a guide.

what gear did u use for this and what was your invo?
Posted Image
Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

Zoov
[ Display Name History ]

Zoov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 342 posts
86 ranged
86 hitpoitpoints
71 prayer (with ancient curses on)
84 defense

Helm: Neitiznot
Neck: Fury
Cape: Accumulator
Chest: Black d'hide body or equivalent
Legs: Proselyte
Gloves: Barrows
Boots: Snakeskin
Weapon: Rune crossbow with broad-tipped bolts

Inventory:
3 Ranged potions
8 Saradomin Brews (although I only used 3 the entire run)
16 Super Restore Potions
1 Enhanced Excalibur <---- This was a huge help. Instead of blowing through potions to heal, I used this for a quick 200 hitpoints and defense boost. Then, I did not need to use potions really until the very end (except a few for prayer)

During the Jad fight I used a full brew to heal myself after he hit me (misclick on my prayer switching) and maybe 3-4 super restores. It was pretty easy without the healers.

Posted Image
Signature by Unoalexi.

Xenful
[ Display Name History ]

Xenful

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • RSN:Xenful
Great guide. I really need to get back to trying to get it. Lag always kills me -.-

Edit: Zomg I finally got it. First try after many months ^^

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Stack
  • RSN2:sohkmj1
Got my cape. This guide was awesome.
Used
Head: Full Slayer helm (on task)
Neck: Fury
Body: ACP
Legs: Verac's Plateskirt
Boots: Snakeskin
Cape: Ava's alerter
Gloves: Barrows
Weapon: Rune Crossbow with Diamond bolts (used around 800)

Inventory is the same as Zoov's.

I used deflects. They are really awesome for anyone who can access curses. Deflects also make 360s less of a chore (although you sacrifice Eagle Eye so I'm not sure how much the tradeoff is).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users