New Players (NOOBS) Getting A Bad Rap? - Post here!!!

chunky_monkey5

My problem is the wave of people who came in with RS2, im only lvl 60 because i've been playing on and off for about 3 years, and then with RS2 came all the rude people(im not saying all the RS2 mob are rude, just alot of them tend to be the CS Z0MG! I P00N J00!!1!) I've called a noob for not being a high lvl because of how long i've been on

OT: Luring is sooo easy to avoid. That's what those nice signposts are for.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm....yeah random people calling other people "noob" randomly.

Well here are my views..

-The word "noob" is now used to offend people. People such as these in my view are not intellectual, so they have to come up with terms such as "noob, no0b, cho0b, fr00b" to offend people. Just to point out these are not actual english words.

-And i agree with the person who posted this topic. I' m sad to say there are less people with common courtesy in RuneScape these days.

People should be kind, and maybe, just maybe we will return to the game RuneScape once was....fun and friendships.

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

at the last count a NOOB was an immiture player, this topic seems to be focusing on the term 'newb' which seems to have left the game.

If you are in lumby on a non member world, you see 'newbs' or newbies. basically players who are new, dont know what to do and are lost.

All members of Runescape and Jagex should try to make life easier for the newbs. perhaps a friend system for experienced players to help them.

NOOBS on the other hand are immature players, regardless of level. I have jsut started PC and there are people LOWER level than me calling me a NOOB becasue i cant quite get the hits on portals of 50hits.

Then there are players who like to laugh at peopel when they do random things (not eatign while killing a hero in ardy). NOOBs are annoying and can ruin games for people.

The ignroe list works wondors for NOOBS. Newbs hoever are tarred witht he same brush and this should not happen. it just puts people off the game. Lv 3-20'are exploreing the game. Give Newbs a break.

(end of rant)

noob,maximu160490.gif

maximu160490.gif

My problem is the wave of people who came in with RS2, im only lvl 60 because i've been playing on and off for about 3 years, and then with RS2 came all the rude people(im not saying all the RS2 mob are rude, just alot of them tend to be the CS Z0MG! I P00N J00!!1!) I've called a noob for not being a high lvl because of how long i've been on

I've only been playing RS2 for 3 months - so i guess that makes me a true newbie. I hope i don't fall into the category of rude players - i'm still learning RS2 etiquette, but it seems to me that there are a lot of players who are just out for themselves at the expense of others. Please forgive my ignorance but what does all this shorthand mean? eg: CS Z0MG! I P00N J00!!. Sorry if this is a dumb question! :oops:

Life's too short, enjoy every moment!

not sure if anyone else will reply but it is a thing called leetspeak. It was a tem used ofr what nerds used in the 80's (i think) to communicate with each other.

Nowadays it is used by the less inteligent to make them see more so.

I P00n JO 4 D@ (joking i hate this way of speaking)

noob,maximu160490.gif

maximu160490.gif

WTF was up with that long "noob" rant? sheesh

cry me a river cuz ur a low lvl :boohoo: . i really don't care. the word noob is abused and nerdy. we need a new word. or we need to stop saying the other one.

that huge speech was terrible "whiter then sour cream" ok. 1) stolen from white and nerdy :roll:

second of all. that was a pitiful rant of someone who is jealous. im lvl 82 been playing since june. good'ish stats. but when someone looks @ my defence they go NOOB :ohnoes: like. whoopdedoo???

anyway. BLAH i rant! noob is overused and abused.

kingmerik999.png

Tis the great kingmerik!

Indeed, the word noob is being used for the wrong reasons. when DO you have the right to call them a noob? when they are an annoyance. as in nonstop begging for free things.

when NOT to call a noob?

if they do things that makes them harder to kill in wilderness, like eating or praying or teleporting. they are trying to be safe. I'm sure if you were in there position you'd do the same. after all, who WOULD want to stand there and let their player die when they can stop it?

or when someone asks for help. nobody starts runescape with a full knowledge of the game. people forget that. I am kind of new to these forums myself, and i dont even know how to make an avatar or signiture. but i don't really want to ask. I have already been yelled at too much for that.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

My story...

Some level 3 come up to me when I am mining near lumby.

"Selling bolts"

I just ignore

"Will you buy my bolts?"

"No"

"pls"

"No"

"Noob!"

"I'm not a noob, you're the noob, you can't force someone to buy things!"

I continue mining and the noob walks away.

Just because I have no money on me, and I don't want to go all the way to the bank, I get called a noob. At lvl 35. By a lvl 3. <.<

Luigisig.png

I'm back after having some technical difficulties, and I've needed to make a new account. But anyways, this is chunky_monkey5. GonandGary- What is your problem????? Combat levels DO NOT determine if you're a noob. I bet right now, there are about 100 level 3s who are smart and more mature than you. :notalk:

souryw6.png

If there weren't so many mid-upper level "FA's", then fewer of us would be considered "noobs." I get to a new level and ask a question like, how much is that worth, and get, "GO AWAY, NOOB!",, Hey, all of ya'll were "NOOBS", before you became high and mighty.

jokerdude50.png

Most people under level 90 ARE noobs. Especially level 40-70

Oh my God. You know what, screw you. That was the dumbest thing I've ever seen here. I'm level 70. But I have never been a noob in my entire LIFE. Call me a noob again, and I'll figure out a way to punch you in the face repeatedly through the Internet.

Sheesh.

Level 61 here, and I think I've seen someone above lvl 90 thats a bigger noob than me.... *cough* GonAndGary *cough*

At least im not a froob GonAndGary

09f719550fdb82a41cc724ce46d5f579.png

The moment I finished this year's Christmas activity, I had a level 57 following me, pestering me why I wouldn't put the reindeer hat on. I tried to explain that my hat was members only, but my member credit had just run out, and I wasn't sure when I could renew next, but my bank was filled with things I really needed. I couldn't take them off because if I did, I would have to drop something I liked. Then the guy was like "Froob! Member *swear*! You member *swear*s are always rubbin it in how much better you guys are than us! REPORTED!" :XD: Hey he asked. I don't think I was at fault here, I was very polite.

souryw6.png

The word "noob" should be deleted from the English language.

OFFTOPIC: I'm posting this from my Wii. How insane is that?! \' :XD:

Omg, That's AWESOME!!! \'

Gosh, I wish Santy Claus would bring me a Wii! They sound Uber cool!

:P

Sorry, went off topic there.

Yeah, the new Zelda game is insanely awesome. My friend says Trauma Center is swell, too.

I waited 17 hours overnight for my Wii... worth every second! \'

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Yeah, the new Zelda game is insanely awesome. My friend says Trauma Center is swell, too.

I waited 17 hours overnight for my Wii... worth every second! \'

Wow! :anxious:

I know I'm getting a Wii for Christmas, mainly because I saw it in the basement. I think my parents got it the first day it came out at Toys R Us lol.

^^ umm > ????

too true ..

ive been called that numerous times and im lvl 60 cmbt wearing full sara ..

i guess ppl uses the word noob in a sense of frustration? or a representation of a swear word as many of them are blocked

... eg. wen i was at hillz pking with friends yesty

they wud call anyone noobs inc.. 70s because they kept on tele'ing

chen+istry.png

i got called a noob for not wanting to sell my dbaxe for 200k when it was my only wep and i was training

i also rember when i was lvl 20ish a lvl 110 (on f2p at the time) asked his freind what the guthans full set spec was and i was only one who could tell him id been playig fro 3 months i just liiked teh game and had reserched stuff about it

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

The word "noob" is being used to describe the wrong type of person lately. If a newer player asks a general question about the game, and they honestly don't know it, just tell them, don't call them noob. Not they're fault they haven't been playing for a few years. Even when I ask a question (I'm level 42) that I honestly can't find the answer to on my own, many people still call me a noob. Come on people, lighten up! Almost everyone gets confused every once in a while. Cut them some slack!

i totally agree. The word 'noob' is rediculously over used and cliche. I am level 93, and have been called a noob for not responding to someone. :-s [/code]That is seriously rediculous.