Withdrawal Symptoms, From Runescape?

adx

It's quite funny, when i get chance to sit on the computer and talk to friends from Runescape i naturally get fairly nostalgic, however i started to think about it and wonder about the differences to back and present day.

I mean i look at how my life is now, i've got a job which i love, i've got a girlfriend who i love (don't tell her that though :-$ ) and i've just bought a new car which i already love lol.. (more than her but again :-$) I'm generally never in the house unless i'm eating or sleeping lol. (this is really not me stroking my ego i'm simply setting the scene and will inevitably take the piss out of myself sooner or later) All in all i could probably go as far as to say i'm 'happy' now, that of course is a relative term as i'll probably get run over by a bus tomorro and crippled haha \' however, for now i'm more than content which honestly is surprising cause i'm the kind of person who generally wants what they can't have.

I look back at how things where when i was playing Runescape 'full time' and i can't help but laugh.. I mean i was in college which i hated, i didn't have a girlfriend and i didn't have my drivers license let alone a car lol back then i was in the house more often than not and the inportant factor in that was when i was in the house, i was either sleeping or playing Runescape. I still went out frequently enough i'd never quite have classed myself as a complete hermit but i went out less than 30% of the amount i do now..

Anyway the point of this whole thing is that without doubt i class my life now as alot better on the whole than it was back then and yet i'm stuck with this niggling feeling.. If i could re-wind time and go back to that time would i? :-k What it is that amuses me is that i probably would :shock: It's a very strange feeling, i look back at how i was and i'm amused hell i make many jokes about it and i even remember a time when my girlfriend asked me how i afforded my car and i told her Runescape paid for it lol :thumbsup: i showed her Runescape (classic) and she looked at me with basically disgust :-s and in all honesty if you never played classic and look at it for the first time it's somewhat.. Embarressing?

I honestly used to love Runescape, if i was in the house i would invariably be playing it.. If i was doing college work it was on in the background etc, there was always something to do, always someone to talk to/argue with or kill lol :twisted: I've stayed in touch with alot of people from Runescape who i'd speak to out-of-game (msn etc?) and therefore i know i'm not the only one who thinks the same way as me but i was curious how many people do actually agree.. My experiences may have been far different from other peoples on Runescape and they may not have enjoyed it as much as i did, i still think that anyone who played for a lengthy period of time will more often than not agree with me and this shows due to the amount of people still playing although i'd call those playing Rs2 ''Special Cases'' (take that how you will)

In Runescape we all had a soap opera, an action film, a romantic comedy (I Wicked I - Unilove Just off the top of my head) to laugh at or join in with.. By action movie i'd refer to the ongoing saga between Max333 and Zar Family2 but before that there was I Wicked I vs Levidog2, due to time-zones there was constantly someone to talk to despite what time you were playing, if you were bored you could always find someone to pk, could always read some ongoing arguement/flame war on tip.it (amongst others) and in general never needed to be bored.

I find myself nowadays on the computer actively seeking a way to provoke an arguement because it was far more fun argueing on tip.it than it is provoking some rabid drunk in the pub who'll try and tell you the sky is red and he's secretly a KGB spy (hell maybe Eugene finally found me? :-k )

Anyway the point of this was to find out actually how many people agree with me or how many people still feel that niggling sense of nostalgia, would you be happy to go back to how things were despite how your life is now? By back i mean your favourite time during Runescape :-k

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol u warned me about this topic when you were in the process of writing it. i have to admit it wasn't as dull as i thought it might of been :D.

i sometimes get that feeling and i have no clue if i would change it. oh well im not making much sense im half asleep :P...

The thing with old Runescape is that it never got old... No matter how hard you trained or how much skills you leveled, it all wound up into PK. Whoever played would most likely enter the wilderness, and therefore PKing was fun as hell. Fast training XP meant wilderness, and no matter how much food I had to waste on 3 itemers, loggers, etc, it seemed all worth it. I can remember the time I played RS everyday for hours... Castle PKing in the afternoon and later on at night when there were very few people online I would have to go to hobs or rune rocks to find someone worth fighting... No matter how much time I spent in the Wilderness there was always something new, or maybe just something entertaining. I never really played RS to make friends, but just for the fun of it all. Well, when I was playing like that I was about 14-15 years old (18 now and in college), but before my responsabilities were only going to school so there wasnt much to care about anymore... Sure I went out, but always when I'd get back from something I had to log in for a few good minutes of PK. It's also sad to say that there was a time I woke up early to school so I would get about 1 or 2 trips with nice catch... internet was awsome early in the morning.

Well, I had those symptons too but I moved on to RS2. I think it's quite natural, when you're getting older you remember the things from your youth, and ofcourse for most RuneScapers it was their youth.

signature4s.jpg

I agree with you totally hell im glad that i played when i did but it really did take over my life. I look back at the time ive wasted, the experiences i never got to experience, and how much i fell behind my social life and growing as a person. i wasnt a computer geek or anything i still was one of the most popular guys in my grade but i was really addicted to runescape

now the question would i go back in time and change anything the answer is yes i wouldve liked to of started playing the game a little more seriously when members came out and stopped at the end of 2003.

yea i try to keep runescape under wraps im kinda embarrased i used make fun of all the time by my bro and his friends lol well whatever its all good.

runescape was still a good experience but i wouldve liked to stop sooner

Awesome post mate. Yeah i'd have to agree with you i miss Rsc heaps, even now sometimes i wish i could just pk for the fun of it. a few of my real mates Aka Forceyou, gh3tt0 m0f0 - Kan3y. etc still talk about rsc and remember all the awesome fun we used to have. The Thing i miss the most is the friends, and not keeping in touch. I'm an apprentice chef now days and hardly ever home lol so yeah. In my peak of rsc it was the best, i'd come home from school, play rsc for like ages go to bed at like 2-3 lol then do the same thing over and over again, it was awesome and i wouldnt change a thing. Sometimes i wonder what people that you used to pk/train with are upto these days. But these things happen, rsc was apart of everyone's life in a huge way im sure, no matter what anyone says rsc was the best yeah it had its bad points but what doesn't? seriously? it still kept most of us coming back for more. when i was a lower pker back when crazyambo, wintonic etc were praybeasts i lost my first set of rune, i was hell pissed lol but i still came back and played, thats because rsc was the way it was, nothing but fun. Well anyways too bad rsc is dead, im not a fan of rs2 but yeah what can you do?.

When I played Runescape I was about 12-13, I'm now 17 and yes I would go back in time to play RSC. Life was alot simpler back then than it is now, I have so much work to do now I don't really have time to play as many games, as you get older your life gets more complicated.

I'm not going to turn this into a post on how RS2 sucks but it does, RSC was a million times better and yes I admit the graphics when you first see them are very bad. However thats what made RSC a great game, people that didn't care about graphics played the game and they all had that in common they all loved the game for what it was, a good community. I personally only played Runescape a couple of monthes in January when I returned to the game after several years, I didn't last very long and soon quit again. I will never be playing Runescape again unless Runescape Classic is ever released for f2p, that is when I will return to the game.

That may look very unlikely, but we never know right? :lol:

It's quite funny, when i get chance to sit on the computer and talk to friends from Runescape i naturally get fairly nostalgic, however i started to think about it and wonder about the differences to back and present day.

I mean i look at how my life is now, i've got a job which i love, i've got a girlfriend who i love (don't tell her that though :-$ ) and i've just bought a new car which i already love lol.. (more than her but again :-$) I'm generally never in the house unless i'm eating or sleeping lol. (this is really not me stroking my ego i'm simply setting the scene and will inevitably take the piss out of myself sooner or later) All in all i could probably go as far as to say i'm 'happy' now, that of course is a relative term as i'll probably get run over by a bus tomorro and crippled haha \' however, for now i'm more than content which honestly is surprising cause i'm the kind of person who generally wants what they can't have.

I look back at how things where when i was playing Runescape 'full time' and i can't help but laugh.. I mean i was in college which i hated, i didn't have a girlfriend and i didn't have my drivers license let alone a car lol back then i was in the house more often than not and the inportant factor in that was when i was in the house, i was either sleeping or playing Runescape. I still went out frequently enough i'd never quite have classed myself as a complete hermit but i went out less than 30% of the amount i do now..

Anyway the point of this whole thing is that without doubt i class my life now as alot better on the whole than it was back then and yet i'm stuck with this niggling feeling.. If i could re-wind time and go back to that time would i? :-k What it is that amuses me is that i probably would :shock: It's a very strange feeling, i look back at how i was and i'm amused hell i make many jokes about it and i even remember a time when my girlfriend asked me how i afforded my car and i told her Runescape paid for it lol :thumbsup: i showed her Runescape (classic) and she looked at me with basically disgust :-s and in all honesty if you never played classic and look at it for the first time it's somewhat.. Embarressing?

I honestly used to love Runescape, if i was in the house i would invariably be playing it.. If i was doing college work it was on in the background etc, there was always something to do, always someone to talk to/argue with or kill lol :twisted: I've stayed in touch with alot of people from Runescape who i'd speak to out-of-game (msn etc?) and therefore i know i'm not the only one who thinks the same way as me but i was curious how many people do actually agree.. My experiences may have been far different from other peoples on Runescape and they may not have enjoyed it as much as i did, i still think that anyone who played for a lengthy period of time will more often than not agree with me and this shows due to the amount of people still playing although i'd call those playing Rs2 ''Special Cases'' (take that how you will)

In Runescape we all had a soap opera, an action film, a romantic comedy (I Wicked I - Unilove Just off the top of my head) to laugh at or join in with.. By action movie i'd refer to the ongoing saga between Max333 and Zar Family2 but before that there was I Wicked I vs Levidog2, due to time-zones there was constantly someone to talk to despite what time you were playing, if you were bored you could always find someone to pk, could always read some ongoing arguement/flame war on tip.it (amongst others) and in general never needed to be bored.

I find myself nowadays on the computer actively seeking a way to provoke an arguement because it was far more fun argueing on tip.it than it is provoking some rabid drunk in the pub who'll try and tell you the sky is red and he's secretly a KGB spy (hell maybe Eugene finally found me? :-k )

Anyway the point of this was to find out actually how many people agree with me or how many people still feel that niggling sense of nostalgia, would you be happy to go back to how things were despite how your life is now? By back i mean your favourite time during Runescape :-k

LOL Round 1, Knight Lite VS Dittos ftw!!!!

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

It was an immediate KO for you sir. Since you got banned for autoing.

Your sig makes me laugh too.

Enjoying it here?

Well sorry to burst your ego bubble, but you had 1.5 years of KO's buddy. Then you went all covert ops for a while. Funny tho, soon as I was banned, you kinda quit the forums, like your lifelong mission was finally completed

x843.png

Enjoying it here?

Well sorry to burst your ego bubble, but you had 1.5 years of KO's buddy. Then you went all covert ops for a while. Funny tho, soon as I was banned, you kinda quit the forums, like your lifelong mission was finally completed

Hm. Let's see, I quitted these forums on Dittos in like 02 august 2005? What happened then?

Don't make yourself too important.

Enjoying it here?

Hm. Let's see, I quitted these forums on Dittos in like 02 august 2005? What happened then?

Don't make yourself too important.

Actually, you quit November 20, 2005.

You still are a prat

x843.png

nice post. haha

before i played rs i actually went out and did stuff.. then i played rs ilke a fool.. and greywanderer made fun of me once because i went from level 70- 95 in like 2 weeks at hobs... then after rsc was closed i actually went out and got alife and i started up gymnstics and skating (which i quit earlier from rs) and i got 2 jobs and my liscence and a lover boy and everything within a month....

now i play rs and i just have 1 job and i never do anything agian

tifsbti6oi.gif

You're both prats...

:lol:

Anyway on topic:

Yeh I miss RSC and old tip.it forums. I wish there was archives of the old Graveyard. I used to love reading the arguements between the high levels 110+s. Back in the day 110+ combat was actually an achievment unlike now every Tom, Dick and Harry have it. :roll:

I remember Zar Family 2 posting pk's at the axe hut of him pking in a dragon med and it was like 4 mil or something at the time and I was like woah! :shock: pking in d med! =P~ (Good times :oops: )

Always used to love watching Swifty and Maniac 666 get flamed off their faces too! :P I never posted in them days , stil don't now, I guess i'm abit of a lurker lol but I always read these forums, probably the best way of getting to know the game. :)

The old graveyard was so much cooler, there was no pking videos back then so pictures ruled the forum :P, if someone posts a killpost with just pictures now no one is interested because of videos dominating the forum. All it would take is for one high level to kill another, post it, then the flame war began. Usually spanning 10 pages or so of utter crap but so funny and enjoyable to read. :P

I would give up my Rs2 character and all of rs2 to be destroyed to bring back all the old school players ad the old graveyard and ... Runescape Classic in all it's glory. :D

single_skill1135706929.png

ca%20tr%20in%20a.gif

thx sean :(

:? I'm not Sean...

Aren't (weren't) you X Binder X?

"adx

Goblin Armour

RSN: adx1"

Doesn't take a genius to figure out. :oops:

single_skill1135706929.png

ca%20tr%20in%20a.gif

thx sean :(

:? I'm not Sean...

Aren't (weren't) you X Binder X?

"adx

Goblin Armour

RSN: adx1"

Doesn't take a genius to figure out. :oops:

Same person... different char? Difficult Concept....

x843.png

Isn't Knightlite the dork who was always protesting against autoing, and at the time (a year - maybe more - ago) I told everyone that "noone would protest THAT much unless they were guilty themselves of it", and he like, would always whine saying he'd never auto?

Yea, I'm ALWAYS right.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!