Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

~~**Useless Runescape Facts**~~ 75,000+ views! 1k+ Replies!

• Please log in to reply
1602 replies to this topic

oolatuck
[ Display Name History ]

oolatuck

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 139 posts

ardougne is pronounced

ar-doy-yen

No it isn't...

Fact: skeletons and stuff carry coins, but where do they keep them? :P
Posted Image
Hyt me ingame pl0x!

cloud_nz23
[ Display Name History ]

cloud_nz23

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • RSN:Oripheus
There are no players in runescape that are obese, and everyone weighs 0kg w/o wearing anything.

Huh, never knew about the banana-rum thing #-o cool.
<~[ FLAME_ON!! ]~>
on/off RSplayer since 2000

Hugh_Mannity
[ Display Name History ]

Hugh_Mannity

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

That "feather-like thing" is called a plume, my good fellow. It's normally made from ostrich feathers. :)

But... But... There are no ostriches in the game!

Where do the feathers come from? Is it... dum..dum...dum.. Magick??

8-)
Posted Image

Nel Tu Oderschvank
[ Display Name History ]

Nel Tu Oderschvank

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Actually, there's one thing i would really like to have an explanation for............

I think i remember reading a thread abt "noobs says the funniest things" and a guy asks if his arrows can hit a ghost.

soooooooooo... wont the arrows just fly thru the spectre??? Legolas shot the King of the Oathbreakers and his arrow flew thru his head..

:roll:

Gyroman26
[ Display Name History ]

Gyroman26

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • RSN:Gyroman25
[quote name="blackrazor"]

3) If you use banana slice (use knife with banana) or banana with Karamja Rum, each makes its own unique object. For some reason, the customs agents don't mind you leaving the island with the Rum, as long as it has banana in it.[quote]

actually even if the put the banana in it you can't take it off the island

by that i mean the customs agents still take it away
Posted Image

The_Fray
[ Display Name History ]

The_Fray

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Rook

Try prenouncing friendsss list... isnt it hard...

why wouldnt any one stupid enough to close the accept aid button??

Why to they need that button anyway??

Do u delete ur friend by pressing the delete button and type in their name or do u just right click their name and remove???

How stupid!!!! Lawl

Wow that is soo true who deletes a friend by typing it in.

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
The maximum amount of money you can have/carry is 2^31 -1.

= 2,147,483,647

funny number don't you think? :-k

EDIT: as the next post points out, the number is related to runescape being programed in java. It's not some arbitrary number that was just made up.

b6brc9.jpg

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts

= 2,147,483,647

Something to do with the Java script thingamabob... :-s :-k
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

cloud_nz23
[ Display Name History ]

cloud_nz23

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • RSN:Oripheus

Wow that is soo true who deletes a friend by typing it in.

#-o
<~[ FLAME_ON!! ]~>
on/off RSplayer since 2000

Doy_Slasher
[ Display Name History ]

Doy_Slasher

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
Delrith is level 27 with 7 hp while we were 3 with 10. Delrith also has his own cool realm now so he's not crowded by us.
Posted Image

Rednik
[ Display Name History ]

Rednik

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 897 posts
If you use a knife with a log in F2P it says that you needs to be on a members server! :anxious:

BlueLancer
[ Display Name History ]

BlueLancer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,114 posts

= 2,147,483,647

Something to do with the Java script thingamabob... :-s :-k

Yep, it's the long integerlong integer[/url] also used in java that stores big numbers, like GP in runescape ("coincidentally", the long integer data limit is 2,147,383,648 bytes).

If we were to be really nerdy though, RS would be destroyed if they tried using a higher integer than 64 bits (which is impossible in java), and the maximum GP would be over a septillion, (9,223,372,036,854,775,808).

If somebody gets that amount of gold, runescape is doomed. It can *not* be stored accurately, it would have to be rounded up or down which means the person would lose a bit of cash. Not sure if he cares, with that level of wealth though, :lol:

Psycho_Robot
[ Display Name History ]

Psycho_Robot

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 976 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Psycho_Robot
  • Clan:Runescapions
I gots 3 things to add!

1. For a Fairy Tale pt. 1, you have to dig up a skull from Draynor Manor. To do that you stand on top of the grave and click on the spade in your inventory. If you do that in a non member world, you still get the skull, except it's a member object! OOOOOhhhh! It's the only way that I know of to get a member object if you are not, and never have been a member of the membership party (will the younger readers get the reference to the McCarty hearings, and will they get this reference to Family Guy?! Who knows?!)

2. If you've done Hand in the Sand, you can buy pink dye from the magic shop in Port Sarim. If you did it as a member, and then became a non member, you can still buy the pink dye from the shop, but when she gives it to you as a member object!

3. I'm sure you've all seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail (If you haven't, go see it. Now. It's the greatest movie ever made!). In the Knights Who Say Ni scene, the Knights Who Say Ni say that they'll only let King Arthur pass if he cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with.... A HERRING!!! If you use a herring, cooked or raw, on any tree in the forest, it says "This is not the mightiest tree in the forest". If you use a herring on the doors or roots of the Grand Tree (the mightiest tree in the RuneScape forest :mrgreen: ) it says "It cannot be done", a direct quote from that scene! (The Grand Tree thing might not be true... my friend told me it, and he might have been kidding, aka: lying)

Guest_Nezikchened_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Nezikchened_
  • Guests

FACT : There are penguins in Lumbridge

Proof - Chose the sheep with the shear option. When you shear it, the penguins will force the costume to hide them.

You can't prove they are penguins, you only see the legs, It could be one of professor Oddensteins experiments. Maybe not... But you can't confirm.

No matter when or where you are fire making, you always build the line of fires towards the west.

Stand right next to the wall east and it goes to east for 2 fires.

swampjedi
[ Display Name History ]

swampjedi

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,402 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:swampjedi
Bluelancer, a BigInteger object would work just perfectly, and can store arbitrarily large numbers.

BlueLancer
[ Display Name History ]

BlueLancer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,114 posts
Sorry for the geekish posts...And are you sure the command xsd:integer / java.math.BigInteger can work outside of XML websites, etc. for binding?

luker2d2
[ Display Name History ]

luker2d2

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,277 posts
  • RSN:Luker2d2
  • Clan:None
after all of the cabbages respawn in the feild there will be the same amount there was when none was picked :-s .
Posted Image
Kiss me, i'm part Irish!

swampjedi
[ Display Name History ]

swampjedi

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,402 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:swampjedi

Sorry for the geekish posts...And are you sure the command xsd:integer / java.math.BigInteger can work outside of XML websites, etc. for binding?

Sure, it's a java.math package. That's kinda like asking if java.lang.String can be used! :-) Are you talking about JSP here? I've done lots of applet/app development, but only know a little about JSP.

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

I gots 3 things to add!

1. For a Fairy Tale pt. 1, you have to dig up a skull from Draynor Manor. To do that you stand on top of the grave and click on the spade in your inventory. If you do that in a non member world, you still get the skull, except it's a member object! OOOOOhhhh! It's the only way that I know of to get a member object if you are not, and never have been a member of the membership party (will the younger readers get the reference to the McCarty hearings, and will they get this reference to Family Guy?! Who knows?!)

2. If you've done Hand in the Sand, you can buy pink dye from the magic shop in Port Sarim. If you did it as a member, and then became a non member, you can still buy the pink dye from the shop, but when she gives it to you as a member object!

3. I'm sure you've all seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail (If you haven't, go see it. Now. It's the greatest movie ever made!). In the Knights Who Say Ni scene, the Knights Who Say Ni say that they'll only let King Arthur pass if he cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with.... A HERRING!!! If you use a herring, cooked or raw, on any tree in the forest, it says "This is not the mightiest tree in the forest". If you use a herring on the doors or roots of the Grand Tree (the mightiest tree in the RuneScape forest :mrgreen: ) it says "It cannot be done", a direct quote from that scene! (The Grand Tree thing might not be true... my friend told me it, and he might have been kidding, aka: lying)

For number 1 it says its a members object so you leave it alone.

I cant test 2 and ill update if i test #3.

b6brc9.jpg

Short_Stuf
[ Display Name History ]

Short_Stuf

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 151 posts
When doing the Romeo and Juliet quest, when you have to give the cadava berries to the apothecary, you can get multiple potions if you bring several sets of berries and drop the potions and get some more.

Here's the biggy: When you drink the potion it plays the dying animation! You can only do it in the apothecary though, it won't let you do it anywhere else. #-o
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users