Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

I was just posting on another topic about the best skill to get 99 in. Granted, any 99 is a 99 and is worthy of praise, but some are less admirable than others. To me, these include the Cooking, Fletching, and to an extent Firemaking. These skills are way to easy to buy, meaning you don't have to work that hard to obtain them; patience and lots of clicking is all you need.

Cooking is way too easy nowadays because of the Cook-X option. If Skill Capes existed back in RSC, then a Cooking Cape would be a rarer sight, and very honorable, in my opinion.

Fletching, in which prices have been lowered due to autoers, is now easier than ever to buy. Just click a few times and your guy (or gal) fletches away worry free, while you go about doing whatever else. Way too easy, in my opinion.

Firemaking; it may have a cool emote ( <3: ), but it's easy to buy as well. It takes a bit more, because you can't really do much multi-tasking whilst firemaking. It requires concentration to keep a steady experience-flow. But still, much too easy to buy.

What about the other Capes? Everyone nowadays is going for these 3 capes mainly. I see them way too often. Their emote has lost it's glamour. Wow, you can fletch a bow in 5 seconds flat.. So can thousands of other people. Oh, you can flip a pie? Yep, so can thousands of others.

I'd like to see more originality from people nowadays in obtaining a 99 in a skill. Yea, it's still cool to have a 99 in anything, but think of something else besides these I've mentioned. How often do you see a "99 Herblore" thread, or even a "99 Runecrafting" thread? Not often at all.

So my question is: What do you think the least admirable Skill Cape would be? Do you think any of them are overrated? Share, elaborate, flame, praise. Whatever.

Note: This isn't a rant.. so yea. I have nothing against these people, I'm just saying it's too common nowadays.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see way too much cooking and fletching capes the least admireble one is probly fishing or wc not many pppl try to get those instead they go for the easy onees like fletching and cooking

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Yay, I have the 2 easiest skill capes(cook and fletch). Yet i'm still bugged to see them, so I guess they arn't that common as you say if dozens of people ask me to do it each and everyday.

To me skill total capes would be alot better because you have to train a little of every skill instead of an easy one to 99 :pray:

Quit RuneScape :)

in the combat based game that runescape for the most part is...

id say that you actually cant count out the 99 attack strength and defence capes out as being rather easy to get...

especially with the addition of pc now :wink:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

As for which aren't quite as impressive, since they're just so common, I think we can all agree on cooking and fletching.

As for the capes/emotes themselves.. I'd have to go with thieving. I think many of us (especially those of us who have the cape) can agree that the emote is very disappointing.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

i see way too much cooking and fletching capes the least admireble one is probly fishing or wc not many pppl try to get those instead they go for the easy onees like fletching and cooking

I think you have the definition of least-admirable mixed up.

Least-Admirable (adj) (leest-ad-mur-a-bull) - being non-honorable; not praise-worthy; having the quality of Multi-Taskery embued in it's fabrics.

ex) You are the least-admirable cook I've seen; you steal everyone elses' recipes and claim them for yourself!

See? I hope that cleared it up. Fishing and Woodcutting actually take time and dedication to do. You cannot buy those. Think of it this way: There are Supply-Skills,Supplied-Skills, and Independent Skills.

Supply Skills are skills that make the resources for the Supplied-Skills. These skills are:

• Fishing

Woodcutting

Mining

Runecrafting

Hunting

Supplied Skills are skills that get resources from other skills. These skills are:

• Smithing

Cooking

Fletching

Firemaking

Herblore

Crafting

Farming

Magic

Range

Independent Skills are skills that you don't use other skills to directly gain experience in that skill. These skills are:

• Agility

Construction

Attack

Strength

Defense

Hitpoints

Thieving

Slayer

demonslayer2.png

cooking, firemaking, and fletching are too common, but technically constructiona dn herblore are both buyable but respected

fletching you gain money, cooking cost a couple mil loss, firemaking from level 81 to 99 is 12mil not that much really

i would really like to see you buy herblore and cons

cons easily breaks 50m

and herblore is very diffcult to get the herbs and selling them

legends2.jpg

I was just thinking the same thing, foofoomagoo (nice name btw).

Construction is the one skill that you pretty much have to buy. It is semi-admirable to me; the fact that it's only accessable to rich people with lots of cash to spare turns me off of it.

Herblore you can supply yourself if you train combat a lot and keep all your herbs. But it is mostly a bought skill. Yet it takes a lot more time and patience to get 99 in Herblore, and is one of the highest ranked stats in my book.

demonslayer2.png

I seen cooking and fletching too much until i'm bored of that cape, I do see a couple of woodcutting capes but i am proud to own one of the rarest capes in game: mining. The emote is hawt too ::'

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

cooking, firemaking, and fletching are too common, but technically constructiona dn herblore are both buyable but respected

fletching you gain money, cooking cost a couple mil loss, firemaking from level 81 to 99 is 12mil not that much really

cons easily breaks 50m

*Cough* ~120m *cough* :lol:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Firemaking; it may have a cool emote ( Love ), but it's easy to buy as well. It takes a bit more, because you can't really do much multi-tasking whilst firemaking. It requires concentration to keep a steady experience-flow. But still, much too easy to buy.

Firemaking is not easy. Its rather expensive to buy, or if you go cheaper with cheaper logs, it takes even longer.

35b9enp.jpg

cons easily breaks 50m

*Cough* ~120m *cough* :lol:

on the herblore note, my best friend farms non-stop and gotten 96 farming off herbs, and she is still only 91 herblore, and she has been doing this for about a year'ish, herblore can be bought, but it is pain in the behind

Firemaking; it may have a cool emote ( Love ), but it's easy to buy as well. It takes a bit more, because you can't really do much multi-tasking whilst firemaking. It requires concentration to keep a steady experience-flow. But still, much too easy to buy.

Firemaking is not easy. Its rather expensive to buy, or if you go cheaper with cheaper logs, it takes even longer.

im currently level 81

i need 12mil in yew logs <.< its about a mil gp per level really

legends2.jpg

Well Lunar_Drifter did mention in his first post that all 99 skills are certainly admirable. Expanding on that, they all take a degree of patience and dedication. But that does not deny the fact that firemaking is one of the easier skills. Yes, it does take a few weeks unless you "no-life it" ( \' ) but it's one of the faster skills in the game and not too expensive. I think this is particularly evident in the increasing number of people who we see setting 99 firemaking goals on various "Goals & Achievements" threads.

Personal experience there Tripsis? Haha.. Construction noob.

Joking, joking! (please don't ban meh! :XD: )

Lol I'll try to resist :wink: :twisted:

Posted Image

Now now, Spoofy-Woofy. Don't get your underwear in a wad. I didn't say actually achieving it was easy. I said buying it was easy. You could easily buy the logs, but it does take time and concentration, as I said.

Easy to buy, yet hard to carry it out, seeing as it's pretty uneventful.

Tinderbox -> log, move west, tinderbox -> log... You get the point.

demonslayer2.png

in my opinion the least admirable skill cape would have to be construction.

a freind of mine maxed it in 4 days using oak larders, cost him something like 70m ( :shock: ) and its so easy to buy.

i think the cooking cape is cool though! well mostly cuz i like the colour ::'

herblore, belive it or not, isn't so easy to buy, for 95k xp it costs about 400k in cash.

multiply that by 130 and you get a hellava lotta money!

but then again prayer pots probably arent the best method. :wink:

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

I hear ya on that one. I've never once bought a single ingredient or herb for herblore. It's only at 29. I've gotten 2 of those levels just from ID'ing herbs while training combat. Herblore is one of the most admirable-yet-buyable skills out there.

And construction may be able to be bought, but that cape shows that you've had a lot of spare money to waste, and you could probably do it again if you wanted! Although I don't see why you would want to.

So far, the capes I've never seen in-game are:

• Construction

Thieving

Crafting

Slayer

Hunter

Smithing

I've seen all the other capes, however.

demonslayer2.png

hey boy, im looking at your sig. Dont bash the cape unless you got a skill over 80?

Kthnxbai

Hey boy, lets not get started okay? I'd like to keep this thread a presentable, decent thread without any flaming. Now, lets set you straight and settle this.

Did I "bash" a cape? No, I explicitly stated that all 99s are admirable. Anyone that has a cape has obviously taken the time and money to achieve it and has most definitely earned it. I'm just asking which ones others think are too over-rated, and stating my opinions. Happy?

"kthnxbai"

Oh, and sorry for the double post guys. I got caught up in the moment.

demonslayer2.png

a freind of mine maxed it in 4 days using oak larders, cost him something like 70m ( :shock: ) and its so easy to buy.

If you plank your own logs with oak, yes it does take about 70m. But the way I see it, having the patience to plank ~217k logs is very, very admirable. If you just buy planks, however, it is about 120m.

While the actual skill itself is very easy and fast, I think we have to look at more than just the xp you get per hour - rather how you got the money to pay for that xp. I think that's the admiral part of construction.

And mind you.. In order to get 99 construction in four days, you'd have to play about 16 hours a day :shock:

Posted Image

If you plank your own logs with oak, yes it does take about 70m. But the way I see it, having the patience to plank ~217k logs is very, very admirable. If you just buy planks, however, it is about 120m.

While the actual skill itself is very easy and fast, I think we have to look at more than just the xp you get per hour - rather how you got the money to pay for that xp. I think that's the admiral part of construction.

And mind you.. In order to get 99 construction in four days, you'd have to play about 16 hours a day :shock:

i just knew that you would love to inform him about the fact that getting the money is the part that has the most respect about the construction cape....

but you didnt answer where you scratched your money together for it in there though did you? a rare paper party hat did ye sell? :wink:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

:shock: WOW... That's all I can say is wow.. :wall:

I'd say Cooking. Toast has it, and he's a noob, everyone knows. So whatever Toast =