Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

• Please log in to reply
719 replies to this topic

Lunar_Drifter
[ Display Name History ]

Lunar_Drifter

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,361 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:M-0--0-S-E
  • RSN2:trunksbomb
I'm going to bed guys. Keep this thread interesting. Lets see some good responses by tomorrow?

Skillcapes r ftw, kthxnite?
Posted Image
Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Holy_Monk
[ Display Name History ]

Holy_Monk

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts

hey boy, im looking at your sig. Dont bash the cape unless you got a skill over 80?

Kthnxbai

...dude, don't talk or post something as stupid as that again..

"Kthnxbai" <--- not cool, quite gay and old...dont type that again.

On Topic: Yeah its a no brainer, the cooking and fletching capes are the ones people dislike most since there so common but hey that will end up being an issue once more capes become more common. i personally like all the capes, why? because it shows that the person worked hard to get to 99 in that skill so i Give them my respects no matter what skill it is.
----Retired Runescape Player 1/13/07-----

toast647
[ Display Name History ]

toast647

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Toast647
  • RSN2:Cursed Toast

hey boy, im looking at your sig. Dont bash the cape unless you got a skill over 80?

Kthnxbai

...dude, don't talk or post something as stupid as that again..

"Kthnxbai" <--- not cool, quite gay and old...dont type that again.

youve said some pretty stupid stuff before so i wouldnt be talking
Posted Image
Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Shaddd
[ Display Name History ]

Shaddd

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 695 posts
Fletching or cooking. Both are buyable skills, easily level-able, and... well. Explained. ;]
Posted Image
Posted Image

Holy_Monk
[ Display Name History ]

Holy_Monk

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts

like?..if you got nothing to back up your comment, dont post at all..
----Retired Runescape Player 1/13/07-----

Umega
[ Display Name History ]

Umega

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,371 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Lord Umega
Theres also another very easy, but less noticed skill: Thieving.

Training thieving via pyramid plunder is easy, fast and less hassle, all you need is 2.5k monks, and maybe 200 super antis. I'm 97 thieving atm and I can't believe how insanely fast I'm racking in the exp.
No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

lifeguard200
[ Display Name History ]

lifeguard200

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 847 posts
Like you said, cooking i think is the least admirable because you dont actually really do anything. Take out of bank, click on fire, click on bank, click on fire, etc.

toast647
[ Display Name History ]

toast647

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • RSN:Toast647
  • RSN2:Cursed Toast

like?..if you got nothing to back up your comment, dont post at all..

you expect me to keep track of all the stupid comments you make? :?
Posted Image
Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

jaskkes
[ Display Name History ]

jaskkes

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 411 posts
I dont think you can call any non admireable because each person may hav gotten it another way from convention.

Sure, fletching yew longs is an easy way to do it, but stringing 15k yew longs multipul times isnt the easiest thing to do..

Some people take LOTS of time to get a cape because they can only play 2 hours a day (in fletching thats about 200k xp).

So it would take well over a month to get 99. I personally see my own levels as an achivement to myself. Sure I got 99 cooking in 2 days, but that still doesnt mean it was 'easy' as giving up 20 + to cook isnt THAT easy.

If you can say that burning OVER 100k willow logs isn't admireable to get 99 firemaking, then I dont know what is. That level 126 with a phat and a FM cape on may have gotten 99 with willows, which is reliativly hard to keep up over time.

Some are looked over more then others. Fletching and cooking being common ones because lots of people have it. But any 99 cape NO MATTER how they got it isn't STILL an easy task, even if they play for 20 + a day.

Herblore isn't hard to get, infact it's just like stringing bows in fletching. So I dont know why you think that can be compared different to fletching. The only thing that is HARD about herblore is buying/selling ingredents and potions.

I think that the most admireable are skills like woodcutting, fishing, mining, hunting etc. as they can be achived in the same time from anyone no matter how much money they have.

I see lots of higher level players with many 99 in bought skills, but with low gathering skills like mining etc. These gathering skills are the only ones that I find are admireable if you compare them to skills like fletching etc.
Posted Image

GreenPixels
[ Display Name History ]

GreenPixels

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 848 posts
Your argument is flawed.

These skills are way to easy to buy, meaning you don't have to work that hard to obtain them; patience and lots of clicking is all you need.

Last time i checked, patience and lots of clicking is all you need every skill in the game - though some need cash as well.

wishkahbanks
[ Display Name History ]

wishkahbanks

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 333 posts

I see that you, wishkahbanks, have that ever-desired Woodcutting cape. How's it feel? Do you feel more proud wearing that than if you had say.. the cooking cape? Which would you wear? And why?

Yep i do feel proud of my wc cape and if i had cooking aswell i would probably wear them both because the trimmed cooking cape looks really nice as does trimmed wc.
Posted Image

swampjedi
[ Display Name History ]

swampjedi

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,402 posts
  • RSN:swampjedi
I think along the same lines as the original poster. I currently have the fletching and cooking cape, and am working towards the firemaking cape. However, I decided that my next 99 needs to be in a non-purchasable skill. At this point I'm thinking thieving.

The combat capes are the most common, even as easy as fletching and cooking are to get.

drgnslyer_15
[ Display Name History ]

drgnslyer_15

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,928 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Drgsnlyer15
  • Clan:Clanless fool

i have seen quiet alot of wc capes out there <.< and wonder how many of them actully did it legit

i got my 99 wc legit.. took longer than i wanted but i got it.. w9 catherby yews lol..

fletching and cookin capes are very common..

When i got 99 fm not many had (280 people) it so i still like that cape even though tons of noobs now have 99 fm
RSN: drgnslyer15
Posted Image
15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Arthu
[ Display Name History ]

Arthu

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • RSN:Arttu

Now now, Spoofy-Woofy. Don't get your underwear in a wad. I didn't say actually achieving it was easy. I said buying it was easy. You could easily buy the logs, but it does take time and concentration, as I said.

Easy to buy, yet hard to carry it out, seeing as it's pretty uneventful.

Tinderbox -> log, move west, tinderbox -> log... You get the point.

You can easily buy mining, too... buy a pickaxe.

Mine, drop ore, mine, drop ore... You get the point.
Posted Image
99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.
9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?
Posted Image
I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Wisp
[ Display Name History ]

Wisp

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,176 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I found out it's possbile to get from 30-99 fm with only 4m.

willows. buy about 140k of them, and you'll get above 99

140k x 27 (average price for willows.) and its about 3,78m
Posted Image
Hegemony-Spain

fat_hobbit22
[ Display Name History ]

fat_hobbit22

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 422 posts

I found out it's possbile to get from 30-99 fm with only 4m.

willows. buy about 140k of them, and you'll get above 99

140k x 27 (average price for willows.) and its about 3,78m

yep done that bought all the logs, started burning and lost the will to live!

no cape is less admirable than others! some are more popular but no cape is easy than any other to get! fletchin can rake in a lot of money thats why loads of people do it, evedintley not many people here have tried to string millions of yew longs... it takes way to long to do! and to say that skill is common and not as admirable as a mining cape is way out of line! it takes the same amount of time to get it! its just more popular

this thread im completley wrong!

firemakeing and fletchin are very hard to get! they require lots of clicking! cooking is the least clicking skill so maybe you can watch t.v. or something while you do it but it still takes the same amount of time to do. I worked out to burn 140k willows to get from lvl 50 to 99 firemakein would take more 1 year to get if i played runescape 2 hours every day!

no lifing would take me about a month of about 12 hours a day. Do not say 1 skill is easier to get than another because its simply not true they can take the same amount of time for every skill as long as you know what your doing, and to say one skill is more of an achievement than another is so completley wrong! they all deserve the same respect, just because one skill is more popular than another it doesnt mean that its easier to get!

Dead_Dude4
[ Display Name History ]

Dead_Dude4

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 234 posts

I dont think you can call any non admireable because each person may hav gotten it another way from convention.

Sure, fletching yew longs is an easy way to do it, but stringing 15k yew longs multipul times isnt the easiest thing to do..

Some people take LOTS of time to get a cape because they can only play 2 hours a day (in fletching thats about 200k xp).

So it would take well over a month to get 99. I personally see my own levels as an achivement to myself. Sure I got 99 cooking in 2 days, but that still doesnt mean it was 'easy' as giving up 20 + to cook isnt THAT easy.

If you can say that burning OVER 100k willow logs isn't admireable to get 99 firemaking, then I dont know what is. That level 126 with a phat and a FM cape on may have gotten 99 with willows, which is reliativly hard to keep up over time.

Some are looked over more then others. Fletching and cooking being common ones because lots of people have it. But any 99 cape NO MATTER how they got it isn't STILL an easy task, even if they play for 20 + a day.

Herblore isn't hard to get, infact it's just like stringing bows in fletching. So I dont know why you think that can be compared different to fletching. The only thing that is HARD about herblore is buying/selling ingredents and potions.

I think that the most admireable are skills like woodcutting, fishing, mining, hunting etc. as they can be achived in the same time from anyone no matter how much money they have.

I see lots of higher level players with many 99 in bought skills, but with low gathering skills like mining etc. These gathering skills are the only ones that I find are admireable if you compare them to skills like fletching etc.

I agree with you on some parts. I myself got 99 fletching and cooking even before the x options were released (fletch-x was released in '04? and cook-x even later) yet ppl think of my achevements as pretty "easy" things to do.

It's the same thing with smithing... Most ppl expect me to have gained my level off gold smelthing when I actually bought 250k ores off a level 3 (yes, he wasn't ranked...), smelthed the ores and smithed iron knifes. (rest of the xp was mostly smithing jobs that my friends supplied)

Even though smithing is a admirable cape, it still bugs me that ppl expect you to train with the most expencive and best "xp per hour" you can get and not thinking of the fact that maybe those methoods weren't around when the player actually got the level (or the player just couldn't afford the fast and expencive way :-w ).

I don't think any cape should deserve the title of not beeing admirable... even though there are 1000+ capes out there of the same skill, there are still millions of ppl out there without one :D
Posted Image

jessy87
[ Display Name History ]

jessy87

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,419 posts

Kthnxbai

seriously like the dumbest comment ever, just because some 1 doesnt have their skills up to that level doesnt mean they arent entitled to a logical opinion

Theres also another very easy, but less noticed skill: Thieving.

Training thieving via pyramid plunder is easy, fast and less hassle, all you need is 2.5k monks, and maybe 200 super antis. I'm 97 thieving atm and I can't believe how insanely fast I'm racking in the exp.

thats because its new, and actually takes some effort, ive seen people goto the pyramid and know exactly which door will be the door that opens next its like i follow them into the first room they go thru the door like 2 secons ahead of me, new room ok so im like omg thats it. so its like i see them goto the first door bam they are thru... its like this for the first 6 rooms...

its definately easy to get up, but still its looked down upon because people dont realize how easy it is. and its not like cooking easy, its like...prayer easy(without the cost) really prayer is fast now with guilded altar but still requires you to do alot of interacting

fat_hobbit22
[ Display Name History ]

fat_hobbit22

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 422 posts
if these skills are as easy as you say why doesn't every1 have 1!!

prehaps because THEY ARE NOT EASIER TO LVL THAN ANY OTHER SKILL!!

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

cooking, firemaking, and fletching are too common, but technically constructiona dn herblore are both buyable but respected

fletching you gain money, cooking cost a couple mil loss, firemaking from level 81 to 99 is 12mil not that much really

i would really like to see you buy herblore and cons

cons easily breaks 50m

and herblore is very diffcult to get the herbs and selling them

*Cough* ~120m *cough* :lol:

Erm... I calculated that I'd need 80m from 72-99. But yeah definatly lots higher than 50m.

I'd say all capes are somewhat respected, but the least is probally quest since it is the most common; next to cooking, then fletching, then combat skills; those are actually more common than cooking but adimittadly harder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users