Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

I see that you, wishkahbanks, have that ever-desired Woodcutting cape. How's it feel? Do you feel more proud wearing that than if you had say.. the cooking cape? Which would you wear? And why?

Yep i do feel proud of my wc cape and if i had cooking aswell i would probably wear them both because the trimmed cooking cape looks really nice as does trimmed wc.

wishkahbanks.gif

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think along the same lines as the original poster. I currently have the fletching and cooking cape, and am working towards the firemaking cape. However, I decided that my next 99 needs to be in a non-purchasable skill. At this point I'm thinking thieving.

The combat capes are the most common, even as easy as fletching and cooking are to get.

i have seen quiet alot of wc capes out there <.< and wonder how many of them actully did it legit
i got my 99 wc legit.. took longer than i wanted but i got it.. w9 catherby yews lol..

fletching and cookin capes are very common..

When i got 99 fm not many had (280 people) it so i still like that cape even though tons of noobs now have 99 fm

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Now now, Spoofy-Woofy. Don't get your underwear in a wad. I didn't say actually achieving it was easy. I said buying it was easy. You could easily buy the logs, but it does take time and concentration, as I said.

Easy to buy, yet hard to carry it out, seeing as it's pretty uneventful.

Tinderbox -> log, move west, tinderbox -> log... You get the point.

You can easily buy mining, too... buy a pickaxe.

Mine, drop ore, mine, drop ore... You get the point.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

I found out it's possbile to get from 30-99 fm with only 4m.

willows. buy about 140k of them, and you'll get above 99

140k x 27 (average price for willows.) and its about 3,78m

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I found out it's possbile to get from 30-99 fm with only 4m.

willows. buy about 140k of them, and you'll get above 99

140k x 27 (average price for willows.) and its about 3,78m

yep done that bought all the logs, started burning and lost the will to live!

no cape is less admirable than others! some are more popular but no cape is easy than any other to get! fletchin can rake in a lot of money thats why loads of people do it, evedintley not many people here have tried to string millions of yew longs... it takes way to long to do! and to say that skill is common and not as admirable as a mining cape is way out of line! it takes the same amount of time to get it! its just more popular

this thread im completley wrong!

firemakeing and fletchin are very hard to get! they require lots of clicking! cooking is the least clicking skill so maybe you can watch t.v. or something while you do it but it still takes the same amount of time to do. I worked out to burn 140k willows to get from lvl 50 to 99 firemakein would take more 1 year to get if i played runescape 2 hours every day!

no lifing would take me about a month of about 12 hours a day. Do not say 1 skill is easier to get than another because its simply not true they can take the same amount of time for every skill as long as you know what your doing, and to say one skill is more of an achievement than another is so completley wrong! they all deserve the same respect, just because one skill is more popular than another it doesnt mean that its easier to get!

I dont think you can call any non admireable because each person may hav gotten it another way from convention.

Sure, fletching yew longs is an easy way to do it, but stringing 15k yew longs multipul times isnt the easiest thing to do..

Some people take LOTS of time to get a cape because they can only play 2 hours a day (in fletching thats about 200k xp).

So it would take well over a month to get 99. I personally see my own levels as an achivement to myself. Sure I got 99 cooking in 2 days, but that still doesnt mean it was 'easy' as giving up 20 + to cook isnt THAT easy.

If you can say that burning OVER 100k willow logs isn't admireable to get 99 firemaking, then I dont know what is. That level 126 with a phat and a FM cape on may have gotten 99 with willows, which is reliativly hard to keep up over time.

Some are looked over more then others. Fletching and cooking being common ones because lots of people have it. But any 99 cape NO MATTER how they got it isn't STILL an easy task, even if they play for 20 + a day.

Herblore isn't hard to get, infact it's just like stringing bows in fletching. So I dont know why you think that can be compared different to fletching. The only thing that is HARD about herblore is buying/selling ingredents and potions.

I think that the most admireable are skills like woodcutting, fishing, mining, hunting etc. as they can be achived in the same time from anyone no matter how much money they have.

I see lots of higher level players with many 99 in bought skills, but with low gathering skills like mining etc. These gathering skills are the only ones that I find are admireable if you compare them to skills like fletching etc.

I agree with you on some parts. I myself got 99 fletching and cooking even before the x options were released (fletch-x was released in '04? and cook-x even later) yet ppl think of my achevements as pretty "easy" things to do.

It's the same thing with smithing... Most ppl expect me to have gained my level off gold smelthing when I actually bought 250k ores off a level 3 (yes, he wasn't ranked...), smelthed the ores and smithed iron knifes. (rest of the xp was mostly smithing jobs that my friends supplied)

Even though smithing is a admirable cape, it still bugs me that ppl expect you to train with the most expencive and best "xp per hour" you can get and not thinking of the fact that maybe those methoods weren't around when the player actually got the level (or the player just couldn't afford the fast and expencive way :-w ).

I don't think any cape should deserve the title of not beeing admirable... even though there are 1000+ capes out there of the same skill, there are still millions of ppl out there without one :D

Dead+Dude4.png

hey boy, im looking at your sig. Dont bash the cape unless you got a skill over 80?

Kthnxbai

seriously like the dumbest comment ever, just because some 1 doesnt have their skills up to that level doesnt mean they arent entitled to a logical opinion

Theres also another very easy, but less noticed skill: Thieving.

Training thieving via pyramid plunder is easy, fast and less hassle, all you need is 2.5k monks, and maybe 200 super antis. I'm 97 thieving atm and I can't believe how insanely fast I'm racking in the exp.

thats because its new, and actually takes some effort, ive seen people goto the pyramid and know exactly which door will be the door that opens next its like i follow them into the first room they go thru the door like 2 secons ahead of me, new room ok so im like omg thats it. so its like i see them goto the first door bam they are thru... its like this for the first 6 rooms...

its definately easy to get up, but still its looked down upon because people dont realize how easy it is. and its not like cooking easy, its like...prayer easy(without the cost) really prayer is fast now with guilded altar but still requires you to do alot of interacting

cooking, firemaking, and fletching are too common, but technically constructiona dn herblore are both buyable but respected

fletching you gain money, cooking cost a couple mil loss, firemaking from level 81 to 99 is 12mil not that much really

i would really like to see you buy herblore and cons

cons easily breaks 50m

and herblore is very diffcult to get the herbs and selling them

*Cough* ~120m *cough* :lol:

Erm... I calculated that I'd need 80m from 72-99. But yeah definatly lots higher than 50m.

I'd say all capes are somewhat respected, but the least is probally quest since it is the most common; next to cooking, then fletching, then combat skills; those are actually more common than cooking but adimittadly harder.

Theres also another very easy, but less noticed skill: Thieving.

Training thieving via pyramid plunder is easy, fast and less hassle, all you need is 2.5k monks, and maybe 200 super antis. I'm 97 thieving atm and I can't believe how insanely fast I'm racking in the exp.

Thieving is, in my opinion, far away the easiest skill in the game. However, it's not as painless as Cooking and not as profitable as Fletching, and also not as well known how easy it is, which is why I think it's not as popular as the other two.

cwscore2.jpg

I think firemaking would be the easiest. From around level 75 to 99, you can buy all your logs for less than 3 mill. I think it's way too easy... The only reason you don't see many people with the firemaking cape is because it's the skill they use so they can have a trimmed version of another cape.

No, the price of yews is still high because of the capes; the autoers haven't affected them quite yet.

Everybody thinks that fletching is an easy skill, but its really not as easy as some. I have 99 cooking and fletching and can say from experience that cooking is insane xp and fletching isn't.

C'mon guys.. Did I say not admirable, or did I say least-admirable? I said that all capes are admirable, no matter what skill it is for. Please read all of it before you post.

For the two people that have said all skills are equally as hard/easy to get up, that is only true in theory. If you had.. say.. enough supplies for 99 cooking and 99 fletching, you'd get them in almost the same amount of time. But, in reallity, skills do take longer than each other to train, due to availability of resources and determination. It most definitely does take longer to get a 99 in a combat skill rather than something like Fletching or Cooking.

Oh.. and mining cannot be bought. Buying a pickaxe does not mean you've bought the skill.. trust me.

And interesting discussion guys and gals, keep it up.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

So what? I spent a week in the rogues den and lost 3m for my cooking cape. But that's 3m and 1 week that only 7000 people have bothered to spend.

Let's take a logical look at this.

Now assuming there's about 2million people avidly playing runescape...there are 7000 people with 99 cooking, 8000 with 99 fletching, and about 700 with 99 firemaking. So that's 16000 out of 2 million, or 1 out of 125. Assuming every world contains an average of 1250 people (for easy statistics) that's 10 total people with one of those skill capes. If you walked all the way around runescape, you'd only see about 10 people with a 99cooking/fletching/firemaking cape. Now 10 people is not a lot. This is spread all across runescape. Assuming there's at least 10,000 squares N-S and E-W and no more than half of that is unaccessable, that's 25,000,000 (25 million) square squares. So on average every 2.5million squares you take you'll see a person with a 99 cooking/fletching/firemaking cape. Hmm, remembering correctly, each total distance is about 5000 squares, so logically, if every person with a skill cape was evenly divided across Runescape, in order to find one person on your current world, you'd have to trek across runescape 500 times. Assuming you go 1 square per second, that's 2,500,000 seconds, whcih is about 28 days of straight walking.

We all know this statistic is greatly obscene. So let's look at this more realistically. There are about 1000x1000 squares that are often used, once again suggesting half are unaccessable, that's 500x500 or 250,000. Walking these 500 squares, you'd have to travel 50 times. Technically this would take you about 7 hours. Assuming at least 5 of these people are in the same general area, every 3-ish hours you'll see someone with a 99 cooking/fletching/firemaking cape. Wow. 3 hours. Most people hardly play 3 hours on the weekends. So every day you'll run into probably one person with one of those capes. One a day, huh? Wow that's too overly common. I guess I can't respect this one person I see every day.

Now assuming there's about 50,000 people deserving skill capes, that's 1/3 times the ratio, 1:40. So just calculating 3 times the people ratios, you'll see 2-3 people with any skill cape on any given day. 2-3 people, and one out of these people will have a cooking/fletching/firemaking cape. Taking the higher statistic, 1 of 3, 1 of 3 people will have a cooking/fletching/firemaking cape. 1 of 3, 1/3, .33333. So 1/3 of skill capes are cooking/fletching/firemaking, meaning about 1/3 of the rest are combat, and the others are divided among the rest of the skills.

So 3 skill capes per day, one of which being a cooking/fletching/firemaking cape, I'd say that's still an achievment.

Now on the other hand, the quest cape...oooh the quest cape. I don't know why JaGex even introduced the quest cape. <.< Right now fishing at the Fishing Colony, I see 3 quest capes. 3. Huh, isn't that supposed to be the amount that you see total?? And what, the highest skill you 'need' is 70 cooking. Come on. Level 80's with 1200 total can finish all the quests. I can get a quest cape, i have all the requirements, but I choose not to. A) it doesn't provide a trim, B) the new quests are worthless xp, I can get more xp training that skill than I can finishing the quest, C) I already have a 99 skill cape, and D) it's a really ugly color ad design. I think that the quest cape is the most disrespected of all the capes. Over 100,000 people CAN get the quest cape. Hmmph, some achievment. -.-

if these skills are as easy as you say why doesn't every1 have 1!!

prehaps because THEY ARE NOT EASIER TO LVL THAN ANY OTHER SKILL!!

not true. i got 99 fletching because it was amazingly easy and profitable. im 91 cooking, and its probably less complex then fletching its. in fact i know it is. because the way i fletched i strung my bows.

why dont i have 99 cooking? simple math i need 59k lobsters to get 99 cooking, well im not going to fish those. and @ 200 ea per raw lobsters the 59k lobsters would cost me 11.8mil. i dont do this because A. take too long to buy/sell them. B. 12mil is considerable amount of cash to hand over(id buy all @ once) C. i dont need 99 cooking @ 91 cooking i burn 1 maybe 2 sharks per load of sharks i catch and wow i fish so rarely... i never use food hardly ever i had 1k monkfish banked for 4months now and im down to 200. and i use those constantly when i goto nechryaels.

so your opinion its just as hard as anything, your wrong. 99 in melee stats toom me MONTHS(well i just maxed def last month). 99 fletching, to be serious about time 2months.

not every1 has 99 in cook/fletch because they cannot afford to/dont want to it doesnt mean its not easier it just means you need resources.

C'mon guys.. Did I say not admirable, or did I say least-admirable? I said that all capes are admirable, no matter what skill it is for. Please read all of it before you post.

For the two people that have said all skills are equally as hard/easy to get up, that is only true in theory. If you had.. say.. enough supplies for 99 cooking and 99 fletching, you'd get them in almost the same amount of time. But, in reallity, skills do take longer than each other to train, due to availability of resources and determination. It most definitely does take longer to get a 99 in a combat skill rather than something like Fletching or Cooking.

Oh.. and mining cannot be bought. Buying a pickaxe does not mean you've bought the skill.. trust me.

And interesting discussion guys and gals, keep it up.

nah, 99 cooking probably takes a week to get if you power cooked constantly on the boarder of suspicion you were auto-cooking. where as 99 fletching can be gotten in 2 days like uular's post says. or you can go even faster about it and make insane amounts of darts...

Because people don't want to take the time getting 99 in a skill that has no evident profit, other than Shade Burning; that's why not everyone has 99 firemaking.

And to Phisher; very well thought-post, so let's discuss. I've not said that you see theses capes every single day, hundreds of times a day. No, I've said that you see them way to often. If we made a ratio of how many skill capes we've seen, cooking, fletching, and the QP cape would most likely be in the highest ratios- followed by combat stats.

It's the simple fact that over time, you'll see more of these capes than you will of the supply-skill skill capes (if you don't know what I mean, I made a post about it earlier). These capes start to lose their "umph!" and glamour after a while since you've seen so many people do them and wear them.

demonslayer2.png

Least Admirable --> Fletching (Seen bout 25 today alone)

Most Admirable (To me at least) --> Farming (Because it takes so damn long!)

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

In my opinion, the easiest cape to get is the Quest one, as you don't need any levels but the combat ones above 70 (maybe agility too). Even so, I've only seen a couple of them. About the skill capes, I find that the fletching one is too common (although I'm not even near to getting it).

This signature is intentionally left blank.

i would just like to say that you all talk bady about the fire and fletching capes. I dont think its to bad. Yes you can bye them aswell as most skills to some degree but it really dosent matter... It still boring as hell to get 99 in anything and it aint cheep either

ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôTo bye a skill you haveto have plenty of money and to get plenty of money you haveto be patient and play long and well

ps: I dont jave any skill cape and dont plan on going for one either... no patience myself

I have not talked badly about any skill cape. I've done nothing but praise them in fact. It may be easy to get the skill, but that's no reason to hate it. Enough with the mindless flaming and lets get back on topic.

demonslayer2.png

Cooking by far, sorry guys. :oops:

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge