Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course there are going to be less admired skill capes though. The only way they can be equal is if they are all the same skill. However everyone is very stereo-typical. If you fished your way to 99 fishing and cooking, it's more respectable. And you can just buy Herblore and Construction, yet those are some of the less common 99's. Construction is insanely easy if you have like 500m to waste. Same with plenty of other skills. Smithing, farming, prayer, but yet when someone has 99 prayer, and they bought it, what's the difference between someone who got 99 cooking and bought it? Prayer can be faster xp. 252 per bone and it's your speed clicking. Just grab some runners and you'll have 99 prayer in days. Yet when I spend 3m and 1 week on getting my cooking cape, I get looked down upon. Sure you're going to say '200m and 3m are totally different numbers' and I realize this. But still. IT IS A BUYABLE SKILL. COOKING IS A BUYABLE SKILL. Prayer=Cooking? No Prayer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cooking.

And if everyone thinks it's so easy to get 99 cooking or fletching, go get it then. Most people who say that don't even have enough xp for one 99 skill.

Heh.. you are forgiven, fearspudgod! <3: Happy Holidays.

And Phisher. It isn't easy, per say. It's easy when you compare it to the other skills. I see where you're coming from though. I still respect anyone that has a skill cape in any skill, but I'm just saying that it is more admirable for someone to get it in another skill other than Cooking or Fletching.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Fletching is probably the most worthless one, followed by cooking.

Yes firemaking is cheap and quick, but it can also be difficult due to the fact you have to constantly click on the same thing, over and over and over.

There's also practically no alternate ways to train firemake. Shades give less than 1/4 the xp per hour than you can expect from powerburning. Even fletching and cooking have alternates: you can string bows for a while instead of fletching them, attach adamant arrowheads to shafts, and there are like a million things your able to cook.

Construction, Hunter, and Prayer are also relatively easy to get if you have the money. The only reason Hunter is so respected is because it was released so recently. Construction and Prayer are extremely expensive, so it shows wealth more than perseverance, which has it's own appeal.

Yea, fletching is pretty over rated. Don't get me wrong; it's awesome to have 85+ Fletching. It's a great money maker. But if you had to have only one skill cape, that wouldn't be the one I'd choose, seeing as so many people already have it.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

the firemaking skill cape emote is boring..but orange is my favorite colour so that cancels itself out :lol:

erm i really dont know..the capes are supposed to show people that you have 99 in X skill..thats what they do..what more do you want.

sig1zs0.jpg

De_Pk - Level 117 - Banned September 30th '06.

the prayer skill cape is certainily the most well respected 1 out there because it takes forever to raise prayer even in lower lvs :wall:
for wealthy players prayer can be one of the skills with fastest exp out there... If that made sense.. lol

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

prayer is never a fast skill.. even if you buy it.. because if you get xp fast, you should calc in the time you used to get the money too.

take construction, you can say that it takes a few days to max out, but this is kind of wrong too... remember that the time you used to get ca. 100 millions should be counted too, as you can't train it without the money (at least not very fast)

Scherzo.png

one of my friends has smithing AND mining skill capes, and to me that is a huge accomplishment. im looking forward to slaving away to get 99 range, and no, i will not go and pc all the xp, i hate that place :shame:

ill probably go with mossies and greaters for most of the xp :(

herblore and runecrafting are probably the hardest skill to get capes for, its tedious and can get insanely expensive. mining is hard, even if your powermining. and unless your power-ranging, which i wont be, ranging is not a 'fun' skill to raise.

mmhm, oh yes, prayer can go both ways, if they got all the bones themselves as drops, wow thats insane, if they bought them all, bleh.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I'm currently getting close to 99 cook, mainly for the cape. To be honest, I see more melle related capes then cooking or fletching. I also seem to see more fletching then cooking. People saying skills that are buyable are wrong, 99 cooking has taken me a while and I will be very proud when I get it.

fighterblingnx5ne2.gif

7622nd to 99 cooking. ^_^

i agree that every 99 skill is hard, but contrary to popular believe firemaking is hard, you cant multi-task while getting it, where as i am right now fletching(i have a excess of logs)

doublebirdsnestsny7.png

Best nest to date, two in one swing...

1,001st to 99 Firemaking.

3 Barrows drops: Torags legs, Dharoks legs, Veracs plateskirt

Cooking is way too easy nowadays because of the Cook-X option. If Skill Capes existed back in RSC, then a Cooking Cape would be a rarer sight, and very honorable, in my opinion.

Spending your free time clicking on something over and over.. honorable... *cough.

Can everyone please enlighten me as to how having a high skill total means one deserves respect? Seriously, the Runescape player mind is warped. For Christ's sake, we are congratulating a guy for sitting in his basement doing mindless tasks that take no skill, nor mental ability beyond the capacity of a 3 year old, and wasting his life away.

I mean, I almost look down on higher skill levels :? . I'm sure some people have realistic drives for these levels other than addiction, but I still fail to see any aspect of having a high level that really deserves respect from others.

Please, try and avoid the flames- I know it's tempting; heck, reading through that again I practically want to flame myself. I want an honest, truthful answer to this; my question(s) aren't rhetorical.

Why do you respect people who have high levels? Is there anything beyond admiring patience there?

some would argue that life is a pointless and repetetive enterprise, and that living and striving is not worthy of respect either, and, infact, that respect is a silly and meaningless concept. They would say the runescape is a microcosm of life, and that we do things to derive pleasure in this as much in anything else. Thus we admire the reckless persuit of some small pleasure such as a 99 skill.

Note on the above. I've had the equivalent of 10 shots of vodka in the past hour, so I may not be coherent/happy.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

Cooking is way too easy nowadays because of the Cook-X option. If Skill Capes existed back in RSC, then a Cooking Cape would be a rarer sight, and very honorable, in my opinion.

Spending your free time clicking on something over and over.. honorable... *cough.

Can everyone please enlighten me as to how having a high skill total means one deserves respect? Seriously, the Runescape player mind is warped. For Christ's sake, we are congratulating a guy for sitting in his basement doing mindless tasks that take no skill, nor mental ability beyond the capacity of a 3 year old, and wasting his life away.

I mean, I almost look down on higher skill levels :? . I'm sure some people have realistic drives for these levels other than addiction, but I still fail to see any aspect of having a high level that really deserves respect from others.

Please, try and avoid the flames- I know it's tempting; heck, reading through that again I practically want to flame myself. I want an honest, truthful answer to this; my question(s) aren't rhetorical.

Why do you respect people who have high levels? Is there anything beyond admiring patience there?

Please check my sig... (Values?)

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

I pretty much think that skills that you can buy are the least admirable. I remember when skill capes first came out I never saw anybody with a Firemaking cape. Nowadays EVERYONE has a Firemaking cape. I rarely see anyone with a Herblore cape though which is why I respect those with one. I've seen a few smithing and a few combat related ones but with Pest Control it's much too easy to level up combat. IMO the only skillcape that's slightly admirable that you can buy is construction because it shows you're a moneybags xD. Skills like Agility, Fishing, and Farming are the skills of true champions in my opinion just for the fact that any merchant or other sort of very rich person with some spare time and money can get a 99 in a skill.

tanmdefcape,Hobiruk.gif

ROSA PARKS HAS JUST BEEN HIT BY A PIECE OF CHICKEN

Retired until further notice since quite frankly RuneScape has been boring me and it's not getting any better and WoW happened.

Looking at my own stats, I'd say fletching. I've gotten to 94 so far without really trying (just fletching the maple logs I get from MTK 'cos I don't like merchanting and I don't want them stuck in the bank either).

I don't put much value in those capes anyway. I have the quest one, but I only wear it when I do combat, because it's a cheaper alternative for the obby cape. The rest of the time I wear my wonderful Ava's Attractor.

As for the whole discussion why we respect 99's, well, of course in a sense it's ridiculous to respect people who mindlessly click away. But then again, we are all playing this game and it's typical of games that you get involved in them. We all like to win the game, show that we're good at it. Isn't that the whole point of playing? If you're not involved enough to see that, well, frankly, I wonder why you're even still playing.

Theres also another very easy, but less noticed skill: Thieving.

Training thieving via pyramid plunder is easy, fast and less hassle, all you need is 2.5k monks, and maybe 200 super antis. I'm 97 thieving atm and I can't believe how insanely fast I'm racking in the exp.

And those that got into the 90s in classic are just a bit annoyed ;)

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+