Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

For me, the least admirable are probably Fletching and Cooking.

Having no skill over 70 besides str tho i cant really say :oops:

Most admirable would probably be herblore. Or slayer. I can safely say that I am addicted to these skills, though low leveled in them. For those who think that herblore is buyable, think again. I never buy my herbs.

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just 'cause you don't buy your herbs doesn't mean others can't. It is a buyable stat, but it is also a stat you can supply through other methods, all on your lonesome.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

I'd say cooking or fletching is probably least admirable, just like everyone else said. From experience, you can put on some headphones, click fletch-x then surf a website for about a minute, bank and repeat. Fairly easy... Cooking is the same, probably easier as you don't have to string.

One of the hardest would be Farming. I love the skill, but it does take a while to level. You can buy the skill to some extent, but you have to wait for trees/fruit trees to grow and even if sitting on a comp for hours, a fruit tree still takes 15 hrs to grow. Yew and Magic trees also take a while to grow. Time and dedication is needed for Farming and I believe it is a Skill of Champions...Too bad everyone hates it :uhh:

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

Can i ask why many of u think that herblore and prayer are so respected?

They are par compared to fletchin, cookin xp when u pour some money into it.

Do u really expect ppl to collect their own herbs and seconds in the 90s of herblore or bury normal bones in the 90s of prayer?

All u need for 99 prayer and herblore is money.

Fire cape - 10th attempt - 28/10/06

94 Magic Achieved December 26th 2006|99 Magic Achieved January 20th 2007

illidan+98.png

Jack and Jill went up the hill

For prayer, it's not the fact that it's easy. It's the dedication to training something beyond a level it really needs to be. If you want all of the benefits out of prayer, you can stop at 60. But training it to 99 is a lot of cash in the ground or grinder.

demonslayer2.png

If you want all of the benefits out of prayer, you can stop at 60.

Nah mate, prayers awsome for barrows/dking ect. And dontcha mean 52?

Fire cape - 10th attempt - 28/10/06

94 Magic Achieved December 26th 2006|99 Magic Achieved January 20th 2007

illidan+98.png

Jack and Jill went up the hill

I'd say cooking or fletching is probably least admirable, just like everyone else said. From experience, you can put on some headphones, click fletch-x then surf a website for about a minute, bank and repeat. Fairly easy... Cooking is the same, probably easier as you don't have to string.

One of the hardest would be Farming. I love the skill, but it does take a while to level. You can buy the skill to some extent, but you have to wait for trees/fruit trees to grow and even if sitting on a comp for hours, a fruit tree still takes 15 hrs to grow. Yew and Magic trees also take a while to grow. Time and dedication is needed for Farming and I believe it is a Skill of Champions...Too bad everyone hates it :uhh:

I love it. I hope to one day see a level 99 farmer and hope they talk to me when i ask for advice.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Well, I have a cooking cape, and I do know for a fact that it is the easiest cape to get. But even though it is easiest, it's still mega time consuming and no so easy. To get from 80-94 Cooking, it takes 49,000+ Lobsters. To get from 94-99 Cooking, it takes 24,000+ Sharks. That's a total of 73,000 fish to cook. I never really timed myself but I'd say it would take at least 1 hour to cook 1k of anything. That's 73+ hours of cooking my friends.

Combat FTL

Combat_FTL.png

Strangly enough, the Quest Cape. I've seen around 10 fletching capes, 7 firemaking capes (Trouble Brewing ftw), and a few cooking capes, but tons and tons of Quest Capes.

The quest cape is sort of in a different category, since for one thing having a quest cape and a skill cape doesn't count as having 2 skill capes for getting it trimmed. Also, I think that getting a quest cape takes longer than getting some skills (cooking/fletching/firemaking/thieving (pyramidal plunder ftw)), it's just that doing quests is more fun.

I agree that tons of people have quest capes (including me... <3: quests), but quests aren't really the same as skills and this is a discussion of *skill* capes.

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

hey boy, im looking at your sig. Dont bash the cape unless you got a skill over 80?

Kthnxbai

Hey boy, lets not get started okay? I'd like to keep this thread a presentable, decent thread without any flaming. Now, lets set you straight and settle this.

Did I "bash" a cape? No, I explicitly stated that all 99s are admirable. Anyone that has a cape has obviously taken the time and money to achieve it and has most definitely earned it. I'm just asking which ones others think are too over-rated, and stating my opinions. Happy?

"kthnxbai"

Oh, and sorry for the double post guys. I got caught up in the moment.

You also said they were easy, obviously there too hard for you.

And to keep with the irony:

"kthnxbai"

non-honorable; not praise-worthy

If these skills are so easy to get, then why do you not have 99 cooking, fletching and firemaking?

Any skill at level 99 deserves respect, as none of them are easy to get, even cooking and fletching taking weeks or more.

If you are going to skill train, skill train. Just get off your soap-box and stop saying your skills are better than others'.

Private Chat Is Always On

10,183rd To 99 Fletching

I guess what your saying is right...but, i mean, anyone with a skill cape is respectable...sure it may be easier but until over half of the runescape community has each of those three capes then they still have there greatness....really...think about it d armor, for example which many people have, MANY , is still a wonderful site even if i one day get full drag or my freind or maybe 50 other people or more then that it will still have its greatness because its the best armor in the game :XD: and anyways im working on 99 cooking so dont make me feel bad ::' ::' lol

Diablosjewel.jpg

Thanks To MaxiDaTaxi For The Great Sig! Thnx!

Keep in mind all the "buyable" 99s still require lotsa money, which in itself is a considerable achievement. Many 99s are rather "easy" to each, if you use the easier methods (coughpestcontrolcough). However, the one I respect most is without a doubt slayer, it requires a massive investment in time, and even though to some extent you can buy it (cannoncannoncannon), if still takes a LONG time. You are likely to max quite a few other stats on the road to 99 slayer....

99 str. impressive because they focused alot of time and have some sweet hits

but there are over 9000 ppl that have 99..

thanks to pestcontrol

NO caombat skill is impressive (apart from prayer :XD: )

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

If these skills are so easy to get, then why do you not have 99 cooking, fletching and firemaking?

If you are going to skill train, skill train. Just get off your soap-box and stop saying your skills are better than others'.

It's simple. I don't want 99 in any of those; how's that for an answer? If I ever end up with a 99 in one of them, that's great; I won't be wearing the cape for them.

And I'm on a soapbox, eh? When did I say my skills are better, eh? I've already addressed this issue once, and don't feel like doing it again. I'm not saying these skills are easy, as in you can do them in one sitting; I'm saying they are easy as compared to the other 99s you can get. Please read everything before you come in and flame senselessly such as this.

demonslayer2.png

Well at least get a decent level in cooking / fletching before you undermine the people who have maxed them. Or you don't really have room to talk.

You also feature the afforementioned skills in your signature, so you're a hypocrite too?

Private Chat Is Always On

10,183rd To 99 Fletching