Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Sign in to follow this  
yomom1919

Medical Question

Just some background info:

I have a question for you guys that requires no medical knowledge. The past few days i have not been feeling well with a rapid heart rate, and other symptoms of tachycardia. but thats not why im here to ask. my aunt (head nurse at a hospital, with alot of medical knowledge in pharmacy and all that) thinks its "growing pain". im going to a cardiologist soon to rule it all out (he found nothing 1 year ago).

so im here to ask you guys (guys specifically, for the growing pain info, but if any girls also had it thats also appreciated) around teenage years (im 15) if youve ever experienced a tightness in the chest or rapid heart rate or heart hurting or sharp arm pain, or anything like that that came and went and didnt come back for a while (symptoms ive had), and how long it stayed.

your help is greatly appreciated :)

happiehour.jpeg

Rapid heart rate can be a serious problem, it doesn't run in my family but somehow my mother caught it about 10 years ago. It needs medical treatment.

Sharp pain in the chest area, that still happens to me often (and has happened since maybe age 12). Just arch your back or lay down. 8-) Sometimes it's so intense you must leave whatever you're doing at that moment. A doctor has yet to tell me what it's about.

And as far as I know you're definitely not the only one...

Rapid heart rate can be a serious problem, it doesn't run in my family but somehow my mother caught it about 10 years ago. It needs medical treatment.

Sharp pain in the chest area, that still happens to me often (and has happened since maybe age 12). Just arch your back or lay down. 8-) Sometimes it's so intense you must leave whatever you're doing at that moment. A doctor has yet to tell me what it's about.

And as far as I know you're definitely not the only one...

yeah my doctor couldnt tell me either. glad to hear im not the only one i guess my aunt was half correct. thanks again.

happiehour.jpeg

sometimes my chest tightens up and it hurts it happens occasionally i just put it off as nothing

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg

I have a question for you guys that requires no medical knowledge. The past few days i have not been feeling well with a rapid heart rate, and other symptoms of tachycardia. but thats not why im here to ask. my aunt (head nurse at a hospital, with alot of medical knowledge in pharmacy and all that) thinks its "growing pain". im going to a cardiologist soon to rule it all out (he found nothing 1 year ago).

so im here to ask you guys (guys specifically, for the growing pain info, but if any girls also had it thats also appreciated) around teenage years (im 15) if youve ever experienced a tightness in the chest or rapid heart rate or heart hurting or sharp arm pain, or anything like that that came and went and didnt come back for a while (symptoms ive had), and how long it stayed.

I have sorta like all that im 13 and sometimes i have very sharp painfull pains around the heart area and sometimes i had to sit/lay down and it helps and i have pains in my knees and sometimes my shuolders ache for no reason and im healthly been to doctor once said it was growing pains 8-) hope it helps

Is it only 1 arm that hurts, or does it vary? And what is tachycardia?

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

The chest tightness happens to almost every teenager at some point. It's just a part of your body growing. I've asked my dad(doctor) and a couple others, and that's all it is. Nothing to worry about.

As for the heart rate, that almost seems like palpatations(sp?) which can occur if you eat too much sugar or chocolate. They arn't bad, but if they occur a whole lot, like for a long period of time everyday, you should see someone about that. For me, I sometimes get those around holidays whenever I don't care about what I'm eating :P

But, never take advice from an online forum. You should go see a pediatrician if it really worries you.

Go OoC!! 4,009,493+ Cabbages!

sig1si0.png

Cabbage count as of August 2, 2008

are u involved in any sports? my brother is a soccer fanatic and he said he had the same things(15)

plus i resently had shortness of breath and my heart was racing ike a machine gun but after 2 days of rest it all went away.

and if you are worried i suggest consult a doctor of this field.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

are u involved in any sports? my brother is a soccer fanatic and he said he had the same things(15)

plus i resently had shortness of breath and my heart was racing ike a machine gun but after 2 days of rest it all went away.

and if you are worried i suggest consult a doctor of this field.

i had to quit soccer because of it :x.

its been occuring for 4 days now, increased symptoms at night. tachy is usually 1-2 days. ill have to ask my doctor if it sometimes lasts longer, or my amoxil or benadryll effected (i was sick for a week) it (thats what my aunt thinks, and benadryll does affect heart rate, but it slows it down, and its known im allergic to penecillin (amoxicillin is what i was taking))

yes, my heart does palpatate, and its only my left arm (the arm i dont use to play ping- pong :P). ive been wresteling alot lately, but i dont think its from that.

tachycardia is basically a rapid resting heart rate(when your just sitting down, or not in any physical activity or anything) (usually 130-250). it causes your heart to sometimes palpatate (a sensation of it turning over or rolling over in your chest) it also causes irregular heartbeats. medication treats it easily, but its usually constant and lasting, so medication is basically every day for years.

thanks everyone for your input and help :D

happiehour.jpeg

Growing pains are just basicly soreness... what you have... well ill just say that nurse is an idiot

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Yeah, had both of those. The tightness thing usually lasts for a few minutes for me, but not much longer. The arm pain also happens on and off, but for half an hour to an hour at a time. I'm 14, by the way, and male.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

Have you taken anything with caffeine in it or anything for a cold like sudafed before your heart started racing?

That never happened to me.

The only growing pains I experienced were in my knees. God, I never want to go through that again.

3898000bYVcx.png

Your symptoms are pretty common I think. In my phys-ed classes in high school, one of the students asked the teacher about the students you mentioned, and then like 15 guys in the class were like "Yeah, I've got that too".

It's happened to me as well, I wasn't ever worried about it and it's gone away.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I'm glad I have extremely low blood pressure.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

Ive had that before..it was just gas in my chest area...easily solved with soda(so you can burb) and time.

I've never felt any kind of tightness is the chest, but I have felt tightness in my legs/arms that were growing pains. Kind of like a soreness feeling.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

Have you taken anything with caffeine in it or anything for a cold like sudafed before your heart started racing?

yep caffine. but its been racing for 5 days now. last time i had it was 3 days ago, and i havent had caffine for 5 days now. suddafed sticks in you for a while tho so it still might be that.

happiehour.jpeg

I soo don't wanna have any chest pains now :ohnoes: Last time I had a chest pain I just left it thinking it'll pass I never knew it was a symptom of pneumonia :ohnoes:

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

I used to get chest pains sometimes, then I discovered it was just heartburn (which I hadn't experienced before) and that drinking a pint of water made it subside.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I sometimes get sharp arm pains and the area around my heart becomes tight. I rarely get shortness of breath. I am pretty sure it's growing pains so I am not worried about it. Other pains I have had are that sometimes my hands feel like they dislocate and reconnect (its really unpleasant :( ) sometimes when Im sleeping my leg becomes really painful and the pain is next to unbearable and you can't move your leg a lot, and when you do it usually hurts more (Worst of them all :( ) , and aches in the knees, arms, etc. :?

Whoa. This is a big relief for me.

I've been getting them quite alot recently and it really started to scare me, I thought I was having minor heart attacks or something. :P

But yeah, I've been getting them alot in the past year and I'm almost 16, now... From the input I've seen, alot of other people get them too...

-Mitch

New sig to come!