Arrrgh, Macroers!

Forum_User

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a lot of macroers, because I wc a lot. I always report macroers when I see them, but when I tell people that I did, a majority of them call me a mod wannabe, or say its worthless because reporting them does nothing. Its those people with those kinds of attitudes that make macroing such a huge problem (I wouldn't be surprised if those people owned a few macroers themselves... :shame:). Jagex can't do ANYTHING about macroing unless you players help them out! \'

Buying feathers? Is that so they can train fishing?

No, so they can sell them for a profit.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Okay so I am in World 15, fishing lobbies in Karamja. So everything is going good until a [bleep] TROOP; honestly an army of autoers comes all at the same time. A line of about 50 autoers, obviously all from the same computer, comes marching down to Karamja. Thusfar rules broken:

1) Macroing

2) Multi-logging

Okay so these guys are ferocious fishers, eating up all the lobbies and none of us actually get any lobbies. So I say switch worlds, screw it I don't mind. I go to World 3, figuring there would be a bunch of people there but no autoers (they tend to stick to worlds with less people). So this is going to be better right? WRONG!

There are four level threes at one spot fishing, so I individually call them out, see if they respond, a test I usually do to see if they are autoing. NONE of them respond, so I figure they are all autoing, then low and behold YET ANOTHER army of autoers comes marching along, this time only about 10 but still breaking those two rules seen up there^^.

Guys, this has gotten out of control, Runescape is losing it's fun and something needs to be done. Sign the petition and TRY to make a difference, because macroing should be downright ILLEGAL, and should not be tolerated in the least bit. There needs to be a system in runescape that detects and third party clients and IMMEDIATELY shuts down and permanently bans that account for 1 week, and if a third party client ever shows up from that IP again, that IP will be banned completely! This is serious, I know, but I am fed the [bleep] up with this!

I see a lot of macroers, because I wc a lot. I always report macroers when I see them, but when I tell people that I did, a majority of them call me a mod wannabe, or say its worthless because reporting them does nothing. Its those people with those kinds of attitudes that make macroing such a huge problem (I wouldn't be surprised if those people owned a few macroers themselves... :shame:). Jagex can't do ANYTHING about macroing unless you players help them out! \'

i thoguht this too but then jsut a day ago my friend got banned for it.. so dont think they cant be stopped!!

Always Buying:Rune Hatchet(6.6k) Rune Daggers(3k) Steel 2h (200)

Obviously macroing is a huge problem in tons of areas of runescape, but complaining is one thing. Acting on it is another. What, then, do you propose to do about it? I suggest banning all people who stay lvl 3 for more than a month, unless they pass some sort of test (so skillers don't get unfairly banned). This would lead to the short term banning of thousands of macroers, but it might not work in the long term, since some macroers will just get up to lvl 4 before starting their "work".

There losers, with no lives. If anyone here autos, realise that it's just a game, then shoot yourself in the head. O:)

wait a second. i say they should give someone else the gun. otherwise they'll use another macro to get through that and just go back :P besides i wouldn;t mind getting a macroer lol

Ps: This comment does not endorse violence in any way. the poster will not take responsibility for and stupidness that occurs as a result of this post.

A big reason why I really dislike Jagex way to try to stop autoers-

They made a change bewtween pure ess and normal ess. Yeah, it stopped a lil on the macro on the essense. But guess what, they are on yews. What's next for Jagex, making yews member only? They'll just attack coals and iron next. Jagex cannot win unless they wipe out by tracking a group of auto at a time. If the only thing they do is make F2P life worst, hoping they make 5 bucks more per month, even though they are a company, they are failing.

Ranged Crave

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

Totally agree with that. I've just managed to get my WC up to 60 by cutting the willows south of Port Sarim jail and never fail to see at least 5 autoers going around there. Naturally I've reported every single one of them!

dbhibs.png

There once was a time where there was 100+ marcos behind varrack castle they were all running on the same program, because it was the only maro program that would work in runescape 100%, these people who made it added a UID to the program, jagex then clamed that they had something to detech UID, the next day there was massive IP bans for the people who used these, I came incounter with this program 2 times, the first time was my friend who used it he got a IP ban, the other was a website where EVERY ONE downloaded it from, the offical web site, my friend gave me the link. I think every one who was at that time think the marcos here and now are nothing compared to the one back then.

how can you be sure they are macroing?

When woodcutting I usually report every lvl 3 with the default clothes and hair, is there any better way to recognise them and be sure? I don't want to be banned by reporting players that are not macroing ...

btw: if the macroers get banned, do they disappear out of the ranking? cause I'd like to get in the woodcutting ranking, but it is kind of hard with al these macroers

littlepieter.png

the lone wolf is howling at the moon, fear his strenght, or meet his teeth

how can you be sure they are macroing?

When woodcutting I usually report every lvl 3 with the default clothes and hair, is there any better way to recognise them and be sure? I don't want to be banned by reporting players that are not macroing ...

btw: if the macroers get banned, do they disappear out of the ranking? cause I'd like to get in the woodcutting ranking, but it is kind of hard with al these macroers

Yea, anyone who gets permanantly banned gets removed from the HS (Just look up durial321! :P ). As for identifying macroers, just watch them for a while. If they stay by a stump or mined rock for a while, and if they don't respond to randoms when they come up (sadly, most macroers do respond to randoms eventually :( ), then you can be fairly sure that they're a macroer. Don't worry about reporting people who act like macroers but actually just aren't paying attention. I'm sure Jagex would have some people accidently report non macroers than have no one report macroers because they aren't totally sure.

I know alot of people that work with macros on daily bases whether it's placing time is a document, or rerouting payroll accounts. Macros are not evil as jagex proclaims them to be. In fact World of Warcraft gives you the option to design your own macros in-game.

I think if i developed a simple mouse movement macro I should be allowed to use it. The only problem with this is that jagex says it would give me an "unfair advantage" over others.

Well i think that kids that play all day with no trig homework have an unfair advantage over me... So a simple macro to cut a few trees to make up for lost time should'nt hurt anyone.

04%20archer.png