Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Arrrgh, Macroers!

• Please log in to reply
665 replies to this topic

lya_helix
[ Display Name History ]

lya_helix

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 171 posts
... whats a macroer?

Captainkidd
[ Display Name History ]

Captainkidd

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,864 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
There once was a time where there was 100+ marcos behind varrack castle they were all running on the same program, because it was the only maro program that would work in runescape 100%, these people who made it added a UID to the program, jagex then clamed that they had something to detech UID, the next day there was massive IP bans for the people who used these, I came incounter with this program 2 times, the first time was my friend who used it he got a IP ban, the other was a website where EVERY ONE downloaded it from, the offical web site, my friend gave me the link. I think every one who was at that time think the marcos here and now are nothing compared to the one back then.

littlepieter
[ Display Name History ]

littlepieter

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 42 posts
how can you be sure they are macroing?

When woodcutting I usually report every lvl 3 with the default clothes and hair, is there any better way to recognise them and be sure? I don't want to be banned by reporting players that are not macroing ...

btw: if the macroers get banned, do they disappear out of the ranking? cause I'd like to get in the woodcutting ranking, but it is kind of hard with al these macroers
Posted Image

the lone wolf is howling at the moon, fear his strenght, or meet his teeth

Psycho_Robot
[ Display Name History ]

Psycho_Robot

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 976 posts
  • RSN:Psycho_Robot
  • Clan:Runescapions

how can you be sure they are macroing?

When woodcutting I usually report every lvl 3 with the default clothes and hair, is there any better way to recognise them and be sure? I don't want to be banned by reporting players that are not macroing ...

btw: if the macroers get banned, do they disappear out of the ranking? cause I'd like to get in the woodcutting ranking, but it is kind of hard with al these macroers

Yea, anyone who gets permanantly banned gets removed from the HS (Just look up durial321! :P ). As for identifying macroers, just watch them for a while. If they stay by a stump or mined rock for a while, and if they don't respond to randoms when they come up (sadly, most macroers do respond to randoms eventually :( ), then you can be fairly sure that they're a macroer. Don't worry about reporting people who act like macroers but actually just aren't paying attention. I'm sure Jagex would have some people accidently report non macroers than have no one report macroers because they aren't totally sure.

04arch3r
[ Display Name History ]

04arch3r

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 64 posts
I know alot of people that work with macros on daily bases whether it's placing time is a document, or rerouting payroll accounts. Macros are not evil as jagex proclaims them to be. In fact World of Warcraft gives you the option to design your own macros in-game.

I think if i developed a simple mouse movement macro I should be allowed to use it. The only problem with this is that jagex says it would give me an "unfair advantage" over others.

Well i think that kids that play all day with no trig homework have an unfair advantage over me... So a simple macro to cut a few trees to make up for lost time should'nt hurt anyone.
Posted Image

Psycho_Robot
[ Display Name History ]

Psycho_Robot

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 976 posts
  • RSN:Psycho_Robot
  • Clan:Runescapions

I know alot of people that work with macros on daily bases whether it's placing time is a document, or rerouting payroll accounts. Macros are not evil as jagex proclaims them to be. In fact World of Warcraft gives you the option to design your own macros in-game.

I think if i developed a simple mouse movement macro I should be allowed to use it. The only problem with this is that jagex says it would give me an "unfair advantage" over others.

Well i think that kids that play all day with no trig homework have an unfair advantage over me... So a simple macro to cut a few trees to make up for lost time should'nt hurt anyone.

You are grossly oversimplifying the issue.... First of all, macroers would let you cut yews all day and all night, something that no one would ever be able to do otherwise. Unfair advantage. Also, YOU'RE not doing any work whatsoever, yet you're getting all, and sometimes even more, of the rewards that people who work hard get. Unfair advantage. Also, Jagex doesn't want people running around downloading free macro programs off the internet when so many sites claim to offer these but are really just designed to steal your passwords. Jagex owns runescape and everything in it. Their rules, no matter how much you disagree with them, are law. If you don't like them, deal with it, or stop playing.

Goldlord1
[ Display Name History ]

Goldlord1

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 86 posts
Ok, I really dislike it when I am fishing and I wear noob clothes all the time. I don't macro. I just hate being a big show-off running around carrying Dragon Daggers and Rune Armor and all this show-off stuff.

I can't tell you how many times someone sees me and starts calling me a macro. Usually anyone level 50+ isn't a macro.
Posted Image

04arch3r
[ Display Name History ]

04arch3r

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 64 posts
I make my own.
Posted Image

spikerkid
[ Display Name History ]

spikerkid

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,766 posts
They should have a mass ban soon then in tutorial island make you have to tpye a random word in to pass to the next section. It would help prevent autoers a bit.
Quit RuneScape :)

Nel Tu Oderschvank
[ Display Name History ]

Nel Tu Oderschvank

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
erm i dont know id this is true or not but once, a pmod i knew told me that if u reported someone who's suspected to be a macro, the system will mark him/her.

so i guess they will do something to verify that its a real macroer before they actually take action. So if anyone reported you as a macroer, u dont have to be worried. likewise if u wrongly reported someone as a macroer, he or you wont be penalised.

Overflow_C
[ Display Name History ]

Overflow_C

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 160 posts
Weird, people want lower prices, AND want no macroers.

Hypercrits?
Klashmere

F2P PURE created on New Years

Ilakbomb
[ Display Name History ]

Ilakbomb

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
Macroes have basically killed some of the livelyhood of the RS f2p economy.

Although they keep prices down for lobs and yews, I think they still have a mostly negative impact on the game. I think that Jagex needs to improve the ways in which they detect the third-party clients and such.

I don't report macroes very often, seeing as to I stay in p2p most of the time.
Posted Image
Yes.. I made that long ago.

Duke_Kaleb
[ Display Name History ]

Duke_Kaleb

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:Duke Kaleb
Woot! Person Record!!!

Reported 19 macros in under a minute! God I'm good!
Posted Image

Kiriyama
[ Display Name History ]

Kiriyama

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,073 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kiriyama

Woot! Person Record!!!

Anyone else notice what is wrong with what he said?

Anyway I don't mind Green Dragon Autos, easy pk for hides and some prayer exp :XD:
Posted Image
Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

04arch3r
[ Display Name History ]

04arch3r

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 64 posts

Woot! Person Record!!!

No you didnt...

You can only report once per minute.

Macros=good.
Posted Image

Sag2k
[ Display Name History ]

Sag2k

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts
Bah!The P ess update did'nt stop anyone, my bro always sees around 20 in the mine on p2p(such a waste of money)...
Posted ImagePosted Image
usually logged on,private may be on friends.
They call me...Noob!

fakeitormakeit
[ Display Name History ]

fakeitormakeit

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • RSN:kaisershami
  • Clan:pmtorecruit
I see them all the time while passing by either catherby or going behind the varrock castle! Its annoying, we work hard getting a good account while they have it automatically(o well they don;t know the fun they are missing).

In this thread, someone has taken a screenshot of themself with about 5 autoers...

and I am going for 54 rc and 75 magic(after 99 thieving) and I had started abit by mining and half the time I was there When I mined about 2k p ess, I saw about 30 autoers.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

XG_5000
[ Display Name History ]

XG_5000

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 69 posts
i really h8 them always will...

ever noticed how they have a group of ppl wodcutting and they happen to have some similarities to thier names??? for example a name then 33 or bobjerry and jerrybob and they happen to have the same wc lv!!!! in highscores!!!!!!!1 i also hate how some are programed to respond to whne u try to trade them or type nonsense

lol i was trading a bot an he some how magicly typed

green:jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjyyyyyyyyy

then i traded him again and he said

green:yyyyyyyjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj really realy fast

i mean how on earth can some1 type that fast??!?!?!?!? answer: bots/macroers!!!

hate :twisted: = macorers/bots

s00o_00o0o00
[ Display Name History ]

s00o_00o0o00

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 53 posts
i dont know how long ago

but jagex done something so that people using aryan cant play runescape

and there was a mass ban with over 5000 autoers banned

how awesome is that

Spud you seriously have to stay off the forums when you get into the weed.

Heres a hammer, some planks and a few nails, now all you gotta do is build a bridge and get over it.

karistjan
[ Display Name History ]

karistjan

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 39 posts
i confess i made a lil joke with my mate once...

i made a lvl 3 acc and triedout a macro spammer

its like where ever you click a message will appear and well since i did it in a bank and i was shouting selling undergarments i got banned in like 10 mins...

i just laughed along tho( i did not hack lol )
Posted Image
KAH BAH GEE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users