Arrrgh, Macroers!

Forum_User

I know alot of people that work with macros on daily bases whether it's placing time is a document, or rerouting payroll accounts. Macros are not evil as jagex proclaims them to be. In fact World of Warcraft gives you the option to design your own macros in-game.

no, macros on wow are simple speach binds similar to binds on call of duty. autoers or bots (as they call them on wow) get banned just the same. and what is the use of a macro f yuo just use it casually you dont even enjoy the game anyway

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know alot of people that work with macros on daily bases whether it's placing time is a document, or rerouting payroll accounts. Macros are not evil as jagex proclaims them to be. In fact World of Warcraft gives you the option to design your own macros in-game.

no, macros on wow are simple speach binds similar to binds on call of duty. autoers or bots (as they call them on wow) get banned just the same. and what is the use of a macro f yuo just use it casually you dont even enjoy the game anyway

He's right, WoW doesn't let macroers in the same terms that we're talking about...not to say that there arn't any :wink:

I think macroers are horrible people. Their mains can't just enjoy the game and like the rest of us, while being challenged.

Edited because of all the debate!

firesigrk8.jpg

Retired as of August 23rd with 91 Firemaking and 6m xp in it.

I think macroers are horrible people. Their mains can't just enjoy the game and like the rest of us, while being challenged. They have to scam and cheat to make good cash for that blue phat. While all of us would get like 99 rcing for it!! It seems like everywhere i go, i found a new type of autoer :( This is getting out of control, when you see one to test if their an autoer call out their names a couple times, then trade em a couple. Within 3 minutes, if they don't respiond, PLEASE REPORT THEM. Im tired of them scamming, and hogging all the fish, feathers, runes from port sarim stores, etc!!
what if they have public chat off...

I know Zzzamorak has chat off, and he's level 3, and I know I have chat off, and I'm level 3 (Nivel 3) ... neither one of us are macroers. Your abusing customer support by doing that. Your the one who should be banned. Let Jagex deal with it, all your doing is getting legit accounts locked <.<

I think macroers are horrible people. Their mains can't just enjoy the game and like the rest of us, while being challenged. They have to scam and cheat to make good cash for that blue phat. While all of us would get like 99 rcing for it!! It seems like everywhere i go, i found a new type of autoer :( This is getting out of control, when you see one to test if their an autoer call out their names a couple times, then trade em a couple. Within 3 minutes, if they don't respiond, PLEASE REPORT THEM. Im tired of them scamming, and hogging all the fish, feathers, runes from port sarim stores, etc!!

1) when the hell did macroing have to do with scamming?

2) honestly, who buys fish from the port sarim store

3) If you were half as intelligent as N2N or anyone else that understands economics concerning supply and demand, you wouldn't mind knowing what items macroers are collecting and selling so that you can use that to your advantage i.e. buy the iron while it's cheap (you can get them 50 ea from macroers who are too lazy to check the forums) find the guildmining macroers, buy cheap coal and sell steel bars which surprisingly haven't dropped in price.

4) again with the supply and demand, think it through genius.

When I'm power-training i turn off trades and public chat because I hate seeing my screen spammed with noobs trying to buy rune for 300gp and 10 feathers. You're going to be banned before long for abusing the report abuse button

1) when the hell did macroing have to do with scamming?

2) honestly, who buys fish from the port sarim store

3) If you were half as intelligent as N2N or anyone else that understands economics concerning supply and demand, you wouldn't mind knowing what items macroers are collecting and selling so that you can use that to your advantage i.e. buy the iron while it's cheap (you can get them 50 ea from macroers who are too lazy to check the forums) find the guildmining macroers, buy cheap coal and sell steel bars which surprisingly haven't dropped in price.

4) again with the supply and demand, think it through genius.

When I'm power-training i turn off trades and public chat because I hate seeing my screen spammed with noobs trying to buy rune for 300gp and 10 feathers. You're going to be banned before long for abusing the report abuse button

rofl, he could be talking about me :lol:

I was buying fish at the Port Sarim fishing shop to get to 60 fishing and dropping the fish...making me look extreemly like a macroer, but I wasn't...there's no profit in cooking and little profit in buying the little things that that shop has = no reason for macroers to macro there...

Iamnotadam knows what he's talking about. Macroer or not.

I don't understand why people are getting angry over the macros. Yes they make it difficult to play the game fairly.

But please, think of the big picture!

If no one buys their gold in exchange for real currency, then the autoers will eventually leave.

I don't really know of a way that Jagex could stop these transactions from happening. They can't legally spy on the gold sites.

Does anybody have any ideas of how to put these autoers out of business?

The only way I see it is to stop all unbalanced trades (drop trades, pk kills, player death, etc..)

tablw5.png

Kill corporate radio. http://www.killradio.org

I hate macroers!!! I have to go waaaaaaay outin the middle of nowhere where there is no bank to mine or woodcut just because they take over the mines and yews. they should have a rule...anyone on for more than 4 hours doin the same thing in the same spot should be kicked off first, then banned for a week the second time then banned forever the third!! :wall: :(

I like bananas :) peanut butter jelly time!!! peanut butter jelly time!!!

seabees4.png

seabees4.gif

BANANAS%20FTW!!!.png

heh, welcome to the world of noobscape, its made up of purescape, autoscape, and sadscape, it makes up 60% of all of runescape :(

I don't understand why people are getting angry over the macros. Yes they make it difficult to play the game fairly.

But please, think of the big picture!

If no one buys their gold in exchange for real currency, then the autoers will eventually leave.

I don't really know of a way that Jagex could stop these transactions from happening. They can't legally spy on the gold sites.

Does anybody have any ideas of how to put these autoers out of business?

The only way I see it is to stop all unbalanced trades (drop trades, pk kills, player death, etc..)

unless they looked over every death, what'd dropped, and look over every trade (which they do for teh most part if it is way unbalanced...there are a few ways possible...but all of them would require a ton of man-power :)

Macroers in the fishing guild, constantly... making spots move, whirlpools come about... you've gotta hate 'em :evil:

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

When I was a member for a short time I would just throw a gnomeball at the flax picking ones and their system crashes, it is funny to watch. I also ask my player mod friend to come over and say something and they all simutaneously log out, if he comes, and says something.

Loi86.png

i think one way to stop them from macroing wcing is for jaged x to put at requirements on the pic axes and wcing axes (just like they do when u try to equip them).. this would stop lvl 3's from macroing and getting such high lvls and making certian types of pures

Only when the last wolf is dead,

The last tree is cut down,

The last river dammed

And the last field is paved over, Will humans realize, that we can't survive on money alone!

Author unknown.

Ugh. Macroers are the price of popularity =\ As soon as there's a big enough player base of 9 year olds who find it physically impossibile to read the rules of a game, then they start getting their parents to buy them runescape money, and TADA! There's a market for macroers to feed. The price of popularity.

Report one dozen, the next dozen gets created. It's vicious.

If someone looks like a macro report them! dont worry if they have public chat off or anything esle like that. Jagex will check to see if they are a macro or not, as as long as you don't report them about 20 times you wont break any rules ether.

mithmwccape,nashy19.gif

nashy19.gif

mypet.jpg Click the image to pat my pet!

When you make a runescape account, you agree to play by Jagex rules.

Jagex rules FORBID macroing.

If you're going to macro, go do it on a game that allows it. Macroers ruin the game for players who *do* have respect for the contracts they agree to.

I noticed that some of the people on this thread don't seem to think macroing is so bad. It is. The game was made to be played a certain way, and the rules forbid macroing so that the game will be played that certain way- if you can't bear to train a skill legitimately, then you're missing the entire point of the game.

If that isn't bad enough, if you use a macro, you have broken your contract with Jagex and that makes you just as low as thief or a mugger. If there's no respect for agreements with other people, then there's nothing.

I just had another thought. If all these bot accounts are so expendable, then there would be no point in making them unless they all give their ill-gotten goods to a few central accounts, who don't macro, don't get reported, and sell all the goods. Isn't there some way that these central accounts could be tracked down and banned? Now *that* would be a kick in the pants for all these bot farmers around here.

I just had another thought. If all these bot accounts are so expendable, then there would be no point in making them unless they all give their ill-gotten goods to a few central accounts, who don't macro, don't get reported, and sell all the goods. Isn't there some way that these central accounts could be tracked down and banned? Now *that* would be a kick in the pants for all these bot farmers around here.

This is a very good point. Lots of people macro with one account while they do whatever they want with another. My (former) friend used to do this: he would have his main computer, and two laptops on his desk. He would use his main computer to play runescape normally, but the two laptops he would log in with 2 other accounts and they would chop yews at lumbridge graveyard. I don't know if he macroed or not, but that's still multiple logging in and cheating. So while he goes and does quests, trains combat, etc. his 2 other accounts are cutting yews the entire time, and he glances at them ever few mins to check for random events and to bank. And then when his cutters have gotten a load of yews (like 10k) he sells them or fletches them. Easy money.

How many times has this happend to you.

Your woodcutting/fishing/skilling and then you see this.

Bus001

Bus002

Bus003

Bus004

Ect.

I can't even believe how dumb they are and yet they are probilly richer then me and yet no one even feels the need to report anymore because they just keep on comming.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Ok, so I'm struggling along mining in the guild, it's packed and there are 3 level 3s in there with iron squares and lagging between mining. One of them is called ))()()()()7 . (clearly false, apart from the number). So I hop worlds, first thing I see, (same name) ()()()()8 , So someone has hordes of these drones earning him 1000s of coal ores, for free, and with no effort, while I mine something like 200 in an hour. Apart from that, the fact that they've reached level 60 at all is crazy, they really ought to have been banned well before then. It's a plague I tell you.

Polnar.png