How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

waaay back in the day I used to scam people all the time, people would sit in the varrock east bank and sell pure essence 1000 for 100k (this was before it actually said 100k it just said 100000) so I would put up 100k and they would put up 1000 pure ess, I would "accidentally" click decline, then I would offer 10k because the difference between 100000 and 10000 was hard to notice especially because you want to hurry up because of the time I wasted by declining (pure ess people are busy) and I would walk away with a 90k profit 90% of the time they didn't even notice until after I was gone, wasn't reported once either.

this even worked the opposite way, I would offer up 1000 pure ess decline and reoffer 100, because they would be in such a rush they wouldn't notice, although 100-1000 is much easier to notice than 10000-100000 so I got caught a few times

those were the good ol days.

oh speaking of hacking, I got hacked once, this was when I was retired but still F2P, and a friend told me I was logging on and not talking to them, so I changed my info and got it back, when I got on it I had raised 10 magic levels (60-70) had 200+ blood runes and had gained 400k cash with no items missing, in fact I had also gained a Zamorak staff and cape. Guess I was a lucky one ^-^

not sure if troll

td2sig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This happened when I was a bit of a noob on my little Barrows pure i started back in 07, I had seen a guy give his friend a blue h'ween mask. So i thought it was amazing that someone actually gave that up for free, so I asked the guy if he could convince his friend (since he told me his friend had a lotta rares) to give me a mask. He told me to trade my whip for it and he would, I ended up trading him the whip and he logged. Then I found the guy later who gave him the mask and he gave me a whip back cause he felt bad. I also remember the time were I was trying to go to the Edgeville monastery, cause i was low on health and my friend would lead the way, (this took place back in 2004 remember this). He told me we should take the wildy shortcut cause it was quicker, (i had my 70k bank with me at the time), unluckily for my friend and I we were both killed by i think level 40 mages who binded us and killed us with Earth bolt and fire bolt. I was so mad, I went outside and broke a piece of someone's fence off. I later got in trouble for it :P.

Lesson, don't rage quit irl.

Maltec.png

13034431.png

13034431.png

13034431.png

449428.png

1986068.png

• 4 weeks later...

Some [bleep]wit in virtus and divine pinched my full slayer helmet from me on my way to chaos tunnels. I was already hating slayer but I think I've been soured off it for a long time now. I think I'll go back to mining... <_<

• 1 month later...

Logged on yesterday to find someone hacked me and replaced my Santa Hat with a f****** Fez!!!!! They didn't take anything else! Why take the one item? If you're going to hack me, do it properly!!!

• Like 1

wessan.png

• 2 weeks later...

^ similarly stupid hacker got me today for....wait for it.....5 spirit weed seeds! he banked, tryed to change my pin and went back to where i loged off to make it seem like nothing happened...only i noticed my seeds where missing because i was in the middle of a farming run.....hackers these days.....

My worst loss was on a Bork run. I'd just jumped the wilderness wall & was running to the entrance to teh chaos caverns when I was attacked by a pker. Usually I make them regret that decision but this guy was lucky & I lagged just as he attacked. By the time the lagg was over I was standing in deaths house. Lost a Staff of light, a pocketload of runes a full slayer helm & my ragefire boots.

lord_uathen.png

• 4 months later...

With my very first account (one that was given to me by a friend, since I was new and he wanted me to like the game straight away, this account eventually got banned..) I was killing Green Dragons in the wilderness, I knew other people could kill me there, but most of the time I could tele out (Teleblock was unknown to me at the time, since I just got a membership). So there I was, chilling out, killing dragons, not risking too much stuff, 3 items are kept, I knew this, so I had 3 really good things and the rest was.. not awefull if I'd lose it.

All of the sudden I get teleblocked, my guy auto-retaliates and starts running towards the PK'er. When i'm several spaces away from him, my character stops running, I wondered why for a second and then I choose to attack him 'again'... BAM, skulled! And then the ass-kicking accured... Lost a whip, glory, and some other expensive stuff (at the time, whip was 3m, big money for me back then!).

The worst part was that I didn't understand what happened!! When I finally figured it out I wasn't sad or angry anymore, that was friggin nice!!!

So for those who don't know, 2 players were standing in the same spot, 1 of 'em teleblocked and instantly logged. Leaving the other player behind hoping the attacked person will fight him, if he does, as in my case, a skull will appear and the PK'er only has to finish him off and all items are his. Very clever, yet annoying as ****!!! :)

My worst loss is a stupid Dice game.. I had diced against this person several times and he did have ALOT of rares and cash. So after several high wins (10m and so) I was confident enough to go all-in. 35M...

Needless to say, people gathered and news spread fast! So we traded, we diced, I WON!! And as I yelled "YESSSSS!!!" I started seeing ALOT of people saying "logged lol!". That son of ... logged on me!!! The ENTIRE GE started spamming "omg", "he logged!", "35m lmao" and stuff like that. A good friend of mine was hosting dice games at the other side of the GE and almost instantly after I got scammed, I ran towards him to tell him the news, I said "guess what!" and he instantly answered: "I already heard". Hahaa, that cracked me up so badly!

I know many would say it's crazy to bet 35m, but this guy had already paid me out 20m before, so I figured he was good for it. Looked like he wasn't willing to gimme 70M... That one bummed me out for a looooong time.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had account guardian, recov's and all other methods of account security still got hacked. Requested my account to be locked until I could recover the account, took over a week for Jagex to lock it. Just enough time to cancel bank pin and lost every single item that was tradeable. I had atleast 600m cash-pile and at least 1b in items. I would have just recovered the account as soon as I noticed my password was changed but apparently my registered email was changed. :/

Nagama.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

First off, I love this thread, it is so interesting seeing what people were scammed for ten years ago. Really cool to see these posts.

I've never been scammed before, people seem to pay me no mind, at least in RS3. 
Someone tried to lure me into the wildy part of the Edgeville dungeon in RS3. I believe I was a level 50-something wearing full rune. Sucks for them, because i'm mostly antisocial and just went, "No thanks" and kept walking as they called me a noob. Full rune isn't even worth that much, I don't know what they were trying to do.
On OSRS I've had some people try to get my attention for stupid stuff and then they'd follow me around calling me noob. Yeah, I was a lvl. 20, I knew I was a noob, thanks.

TriGryphonRS.png TriGryphonRS.png<- RS3 StatsTriGryphonRS.png<OSRS Stats