Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Advice Account Security RuneScape Classic

• Please log in to reply
809 replies to this topic

Saunamajuri
[ Display Name History ]

Saunamajuri

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Saunamajuri
  • RSN2:Logigalize
  • Clan:Nobody tells me what "Clan" is :(

So you ask to not be bellitled when you very clearly go out of your way to troll a rant post? Don't play the moral high ground code on me either dude, you admit that you grief yet you say swearing at people is wrong... WTF are you smoking, I worry to think about how misguided the rest of your judgement processes must be

"When you can't answer a question, attack the one who questions."

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I just got muted for two days, I'm fully aware that I deserved it, because I did use pretty strong language... But all the same, I was venting my frustration at this idiot who had no idea how to key. I spent 20 Mins of a 45 min dung begging him to drop keys to various doors I had gated, and in every single instance he just ran to the door, it could gave been a sub 30 min large if he wasn't so damn idiotic... I said some bad words and told him to go back to 117 and never key again... Stupid tho really, any player who's done dung (including most jagex employees and pmods) know exactly how frustrating a bad keyer can be.. I had half a mind to report him for griefing the rest of the group :/

/endrage

Edit: I might also add that I've had the account since like '00 and have never been muted or temp banned or so much as warned before, people have gotten way too sensitive on this game

Your behavior was hardly constructive. Next time, instead of yelling, try politely explaining to him the error of his ways. Yelling accomplishes nothing, if anything, it only makes the person want to annoy you even more. If you try to help them, the floor may not go any faster, but at least they'll be better the next time they dunge.

Demoncorps
[ Display Name History ]

Demoncorps

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • RSN:Mandos
  • Clan:AOD

I just got muted for two days, I'm fully aware that I deserved it, because I did use pretty strong language... But all the same, I was venting my frustration at this idiot who had no idea how to key. I spent 20 Mins of a 45 min dung begging him to drop keys to various doors I had gated, and in every single instance he just ran to the door, it could gave been a sub 30 min large if he wasn't so damn idiotic... I said some bad words and told him to go back to 117 and never key again... Stupid tho really, any player who's done dung (including most jagex employees and pmods) know exactly how frustrating a bad keyer can be.. I had half a mind to report him for griefing the rest of the group :/

/endrage

Edit: I might also add that I've had the account since like '00 and have never been muted or temp banned or so much as warned before, people have gotten way too sensitive on this game

Your behavior was hardly constructive. Next time, instead of yelling, try politely explaining to him the error of his ways. Yelling accomplishes nothing, if anything, it only makes the person want to annoy you even more. If you try to help them, the floor may not go any faster, but at least they'll be better the next time they dunge.

I'm well aware that my behavior was unproductive, it wasn't meant to solve the problem and in a sense it accomplished what I wanted it to, which was vent. As far as try to explain to him what he was doing wrong, I did, the ENTIRE dungeon.... He didn't listen once, he didn't even acknowledge that somebody was trying to communicate with him and help him... I wasn't yelling at him or being beligerent the entire time, I only decided to use some choice wording at the very end after the boss.
Posted Image
Yes, Mandos is my screen name, this sig isnt stolen, i just use this nick for everything else.

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Nomrombom

I only decided to use some choice wording at the very end after the boss.

And you were rightfully muted.

I am still surprised that you actually wanted to report him for griefing...
PM me for fitocracy invite

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd
I got a 14 day ban for sarcasm and the appeal has not been processed in 6 weeks. This is bloody ridiculous.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

I got a 14 day ban for sarcasm and the appeal has not been processed in 6 weeks. This is bloody ridiculous.

I'm expecting something similar for my current mute.
I know who reported me, however, and know that he's a griefer. I was essentially muted for calling myself an [wagon] (This is my typical humor) and saying "[bleep] yes" (A justifiable statement after having found 3 magic seeds withinin 18 nests and as a result making ~1m in a few seconds).

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RSN:Nomrombom

I'm expecting something similar for my current mute.
I know who reported me, however, and know that he's a griefer. I was essentially muted for calling myself an [wagon] (This is my typical humor) and saying "[bleep] yes" (A justifiable statement after having found 3 magic seeds withinin 18 nests and as a result making ~1m in a few seconds).

Neither of those things is mutable EVER according to Jamflex's own rules :roll:
PM me for fitocracy invite

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Neither of those things is mutable EVER according to Jamflex's own rules :roll:

Guess what happened one week later? Muted for either telling a guy to find an artist's website so he could legally download songs, or by sarcastically referencing Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal when someone tried to bring up abortion in the chat (After the chat mods warned people to stay off politics and religion). On the positive side, I can probably start advertising that Jmods are too stupid to get 19th century literary references. English majors of the world, watch out. :razz:

I think I'll just stop going to HYT if somebody is going to report me every week. My primary goal now is to actually deserve a mute :cool:

RoswellCrash
[ Display Name History ]

RoswellCrash

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,374 posts
Kinda got over it.. And realised it was probably a silly joke to post in the first place.

MirageOfDeath
[ Display Name History ]

MirageOfDeath

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • RSN:hells_mishap
I've been playing for 6 years and kinda quit 2 years ago but still came once in a while especially for holiday events. Recently (about 2 months ago) I noticed for the first time rares have dramatically gone up since I played regularly so I thought it would be a good idea to buy red h'ween mask and let it sit on my account. Anyway I've been accumulating the extra millions I needed to upgrade my blue h'ween mask by mining runite in f2p. While doing so I've noticed a massive amount of bots in the mining guild and was made aware they've gained 45 dungeoneering just to auto mine the 3 runite ores there. So I wasn't surprised when every other person that saw me accused me of botting which I simply replied that "I'm not." Obviously I'm not going to tell every single person that doesn't even talk that I'm not a bot when so I guess it's one of those I didn't talk to that reported me (I mean, why would you even think a lvl 126 running around in a blue h'ween mask would risk his account by botting?)

Anyway I log on today to find out to my surprise that I've been permanently banned for major macroing. I appealed, explaining my situation and why people may have suspected me of botting. I don't have much hope of getting my account back because I've heard people suspected of botting never get their appeal approved, but I appealed anyway. Now I guess that people here will just assume I botted and that I'm lying. I've even tried to talk to pmods just to ask how long it takes to process an appeal but they just ignored me and assumed the worst saying that I'm a botter. Yes, I realize it was pointless to ask but I was upset at the time and just wanted some info. And yes I talked to them in a civil and calm manner about it yet I was ignored. I wish one of them would just think to themselves that out of the thousands and thousands of people being banned for botting that it's possible for Jagex to make a mistake and unfairly ban someone.

It's just been a very frustrating experience when I know for a fact that I didn't cheat yet I've been cast out as one. I've never had so much as a black mark or a mute on my account. I guess at this point all I can do is wait for the appeal reply and hope even though I'm not expecting much.

EDIT: So how long does it take for them to reply to my appeal?
Posted Image

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

I've been playing for 6 years and kinda quit 2 years ago but still came once in a while especially for holiday events. Recently (about 2 months ago) I noticed for the first time rares have dramatically gone up since I played regularly so I thought it would be a good idea to buy red h'ween mask and let it sit on my account. Anyway I've been accumulating the extra millions I needed to upgrade my blue h'ween mask by mining runite in f2p. While doing so I've noticed a massive amount of bots in the mining guild and was made aware they've gained 45 dungeoneering just to auto mine the 3 runite ores there. So I wasn't surprised when every other person that saw me accused me of botting which I simply replied that "I'm not." Obviously I'm not going to tell every single person that doesn't even talk that I'm not a bot when so I guess it's one of those I didn't talk to that reported me (I mean, why would you even think a lvl 126 running around in a blue h'ween mask would risk his account by botting?)

Anyway I log on today to find out to my surprise that I've been permanently banned for major macroing. I appealed, explaining my situation and why people may have suspected me of botting. I don't have much hope of getting my account back because I've heard people suspected of botting never get their appeal approved, but I appealed anyway. Now I guess that people here will just assume I botted and that I'm lying. I've even tried to talk to pmods just to ask how long it takes to process an appeal but they just ignored me and assumed the worst saying that I'm a botter. Yes, I realize it was pointless to ask but I was upset at the time and just wanted some info. And yes I talked to them in a civil and calm manner about it yet I was ignored. I wish one of them would just think to themselves that out of the thousands and thousands of people being banned for botting that it's possible for Jagex to make a mistake and unfairly ban someone.

It's just been a very frustrating experience when I know for a fact that I didn't cheat yet I've been cast out as one. I've never had so much as a black mark or a mute on my account. I guess at this point all I can do is wait for the appeal reply and hope even though I'm not expecting much.

EDIT: So how long does it take for them to reply to my appeal?

I am sorry to say, but they don't ban you because players think so, they ban you because they have the evidence that you have botted, may it be now or a year ago, if you really didn't bot then you did get hacked and someone else did bot on you account. All the people who get banned are screaming that jagex made a mistake.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

MirageOfDeath
[ Display Name History ]

MirageOfDeath

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • RSN:hells_mishap
No one has had access to my account except me. I know this because I check how long it has been since my account logged in when I get on. Not to mention I was carrying around valuables in my inventory because I had become f2p for a while and didn't have room to bank them, yet none of it has ever been stolen.

All the people who get banned are screaming that jagex made a mistake.

And this is ultimately why next to no one would believe someone that was actually been hard done by Jagex. I understand why you may be skeptical, but what I don't understand is the 100% blind trust some people have Jagex. It's not exactly like they have a track record of never ever making a mistake. I know for a fact Jagex doesn't have evidence of me botting. All they are doing is suspecting I am one. However no matter what they decide I can't prove my innocence (unless I recorded every single second I was on Runescape) because it is them that holds this "evidence" and withholds it. I know the reasons they withhold it and I'm not holding that against them. All I want at this point is Jagex reviewing my case and seeing whatever error it is they made.
Posted Image

Whit
[ Display Name History ]

Whit

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • RSN:Whitnay
A long time ago, I got muted for buying spottier capes for 5k.. >.> I guess I said it to much or something. I have to L2Type Slower I guess. :( that was pretty lame though.

Zooey C. Deschanel
[ Display Name History ]

Zooey C. Deschanel

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • RSN:ILoveZooeyD
  • Clan:Carlsberg
Only got muted once ever for "item scamming"

Went f2p world and asked for a bronze platebody then after trade was done i said

"lol i wont trim it"
Posted Image

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
I once got muted for saying "Uranus"

Artillery
[ Display Name History ]

Artillery

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • RSN:Ultramus
I've had three accounts banned. I didn't do anything wrong, each time I got banned and ran a virus check, problem was key loggers. I couldn't prove it though. Now I'm working on my 6th or 7th account (lost track) and hopefully won't get banned again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

sjefderat
[ Display Name History ]

sjefderat

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 172 posts
Well I used to be kinda famous.
I am a skiller who does not really like trading to get crafting, smithing and so on...
I like to keep what I mine, I like to keep or burn what I cut from a tree and so on...
I have really bad connection because I mainly play from China...my job brought me to China in 2004 and I started playing in 2005.
I played runescape mainly because it was the only online game that I could find that could be played with a lag around 1 second or more...
So when I did combat I feared all monsters...try waiting 40 seconds in disconnect with a fire giant hitting you...So I mainly did safespot with ranged.
I gathered 41m slayer exp with ranged or mage (giving me also 173m ranged exp and over 60m in constitution).
1 sunday morning a little over 5 weeks ago (must have been September 23) I got a disconnect, it happens a lot...
I tried to log back in (11:00 am China time on the dot, I think 3am GMT) but got a message saying I had to go to message center...
From China this is very hard to do, so I used a token from my company to set up a VPN line and got connected...
I found out I was permanently banned for macroing/gold farming, no evidence available, no black marks ever...
I appealed, but found out on forums that you have to be lucky to get a review, and that Jagex does not plan to review any appeals regarding the banning of macroers/bots.

Needless to say I have never botted, my computer is very well protected against hackers and virusses, so I am certain I am banned with no cause/reason.

Are you scared to be banned after many years of hard work and membership? You should be, Jagex will ban you and not review your appeal...
Had 5.5 months of membership left on my account.
Not sure what I will do next...àç!é"è('§('§è('!è§('ù^:,,^'"é('é"( add you favorite words for ranting here...
2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)
99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
That sucks. The same thing happened to Sonic, and, like you, it seems the only thing he did wrong was live in China (but I think he's having better luck in recovering his account). Jagex better pull their heads out of their asses on this one and realize that not everyone who lives in China is a gold farmer. <_<

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Travis D
[ Display Name History ]

Travis D

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Clan:9gag
My friend Oscar gets himself into a lot of conundrums, he's been permanently banned like six times :/

Travis_D.png       k_Lw.png

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd
Got muted extremely early this morning (EST time). This guy and his friend who did not speak nor understand English crashed me at Bandos. I asked nicely for them to hop as there are many free worlds. One of the two people simply responded "que?" over and over when I said something and the other person never spoke. After about 5 minutes, I get fed up and basically told the guy to "SMD" but the full version and not the chat speak abbreviation. Fifteen minutes later, I try to type and I am muted. The other person had to have been a player moderator.

I appealed the mute of course. Basically, I said something along the lines of the following, only more condensed:

"Whilst I know you will not unmute me or even get to this appeal before the mute runs out, I would still like to make a point even if you automate this appeal. This is 2012, not every person plays a game for recreational purposes anymore. You should be able to determine that alone by the amount of hours any given player has on his or her account. Video games, especially MMORPGs, are more competitive and not family-friendly like they were designed for back in 2002. Look at gaming in Korea and again, the hours the top-page players have logged. When it comes to high level PvM in RuneScape, your staff who play and are able to even access it should know it gets competitive. When things get competitive, people get more aggressive, things tend to heat up, and players have less patience when it comes to other people or groups interfering. People tend to use harsher language to indicate and to vent their frustrations.

You have a chat filter to block any offensive content anyone might say. If someone could still get muted for saying something which could easily get picked up by the filter, what is the point of the filter in the first place? Also, instead of being muted across all chat channels, players should be muted in the channel in which they committed the violation. I should still be able to communicate with my clan or friends if I committed an offence towards a player via public chat, if I am temporarily muted of course. You are killing any social chance for how ever many days that player is muted. Your player mod team should also be focusing resources on the gambling and website spam rather than someone dropping a bad word towards another player. I hope you actually read this and not just use your appeal bot to deny it"

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Advice, Account Security, RuneScape Classic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users