Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Forum_User

Unfortunately, you don't have a chance of getting your account back. From Jagex's permanent ban FAQ:

The duration of a ban is dependent on the severity of the offence. If an account has been permanently banned, it is because we feel that this is the correct punishment. We appreciate the account owner may not agree, but our decision is final.

All players who have been banned for macro use receive a second chance as we allow them to create a new account and start afresh. As long as they resist the temptation to use a macro program, they have no reason to fear their account being banned for macro use.

Basically, they permanently banned you because they thought that you deserved to be banned forever. All you can do is make a new account.

Are you sure that's the hard and fast truth and not just the PR response...?

It's the PR response, but the support team seems to stick to it.

Also it's worth mentioning that the OP wouldn't have been banned if he only actually botted 100k-ish xp. It sucks to accuse someone of lying, but Jagex just doesn't ban people for running a bot for less than an hour.

I have personally witnessed up-close Jagex handing out perm-bans (without appeal) to people who absolutely did not bot at all. So I wouldn't be so quick to accuse that person of lying. Mind you, the person I knew was fortunate enough to be in a famous clan (where J-Mods often visit their teamspeak) and on one occasion after trying to reach Jagex through all means and being ignored, Mod Jacmob happened to be on the clan's teamspeak, and he begged Jacmob to do something, and so Jacmob looked into the case and actually concurred with the supposed botter that there was a mistake and unbanned his account.

Jagex's botting system is far from perfect, and their "Perm bans cannot be appealed" is one of the dumbest things they have ever done.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

know I know, from reading this I know what you're thinking. Look, its another one of those falsely banned people trying to receive redemption. But if you're not going to hear me out and you're just going to put negativity, you might as well leave. Those who are willing to help are welcome biggrin.png. But anyways, on March 30th, 2015, I logged into RuneScape and discovered that I was permanently banned. The reason was because I was macroing apparently. I don't understand why I would get banned for this even though I didn't even macro. But these things don't come without reason and so I think why I got banned has something to do with my use of the application TeamViewer. This allows me to access my laptop through my iPad. And I think that through my use of this, BotWatch detected this as macroing and permanently banned me. Although I have no evidence that supports that I wasn't botting, I can assure you that I did not bot. I had just gotten membership so why would I ruin it for myself? And besides, even if I did macro, I would just create a new account and macro there. But no, I did not bot and I want to be able to clear this misunderstanding on my account. So if you guys have any help for me at all, it would be much appreciated!

Teamviewer seems unlikely - remote accessing your computer won't alter what your computer is sending to jagex and the inevitably messy unco-ordinated input via touch screen wouldn't really look like a bot at work.

Unfortunately they are much stricter now on macro bans and its very rare to see a ban get lifted - but you can try reaching out to the support twitter etc to see if you can get anywhere.

To be brutally honest, I always hold doubts when I see these posts because 99/100 times I see someone make these claims further probing in to the discussion/topic etc it transpires they did actually use a macro - even if only for a few moments.

Also it strikes me as curious if you logged in on the 30th March to discover this why it's over 60 days before you seem to be asking for any help?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hi there, welcome to TIF :)! I just wanted to mention that we do have a sticky for this type of thing here, so as you can see I've merged your topic into here. Unfortunately, I have heard of Teamviewer cause issues, particularly if hooked up using a touchscreen. I'm not sure of the precise details but it registers clicks in one spot and makes you look like a bot, leading to an automatic ban via BotWatch.

I can't offer you much advice aside from politely spamming @JagexSupport on Twitter and maybe sending in an Account Help ticket. If you were botting though, at any point or for any length of time no matter how short, you are literally wasting your time in your attempt to get the account back.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Teamviewer seems unlikely - remote accessing your computer won't alter what your computer is sending to jagex and the inevitably messy unco-ordinated input via touch screen wouldn't really look like a bot at work.

Unfortunately they are much stricter now on macro bans and its very rare to see a ban get lifted - but you can try reaching out to the support twitter etc to see if you can get anywhere.

To be brutally honest, I always hold doubts when I see these posts because 99/100 times I see someone make these claims further probing in to the discussion/topic etc it transpires they did actually use a macro - even if only for a few moments.

Also it strikes me as curious if you logged in on the 30th March to discover this why it's over 60 days before you seem to be asking for any help?

oops lol i meant may 30th, but if u don't believe me thats fine. i just need some help with this 

Hi there, welcome to TIF :)! I just wanted to mention that we do have a sticky for this type of thing here, so as you can see I've merged your topic into here. Unfortunately, I have heard of Teamviewer cause issues, particularly if hooked up using a touchscreen. I'm not sure of the precise details but it registers clicks in one spot and makes you look like a bot, leading to an automatic ban via BotWatch.

I can't offer you much advice aside from politely spamming @JagexSupport on Twitter and maybe sending in an Account Help ticket. If you were botting though, at any point or for any length of time no matter how short, you are literally wasting your time in your attempt to get the account back.

yeah i know that it would be a waste of time. but i can assure you that i did not bot and even if i did, i wouldn't try so hard to get my account back and i would just bot on a new account