How to record RS videos on a PC (hypercam)

weezcake

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a cam program to use with linux?

have you tried WINEing hypercam?

Failing in that:

http://xvidcap.sourceforge.net/

Mastermule52.png

The refuge that you built to flee that places that you've come to fear the most ... is the place that you have come to fear the most.

Operator - http://www.heartunit.org

Council - http://z8.invisionfree.com/skillaz

Moderator - http://forum.meebo.com

hey its been a while sence i've been on tip.it and i wanted to try this out.

i downloaded the stuff and set it to exactly where i wanted it (for runescape use)

i wasnt sure about the place i stored it because i was looking for a file i dont use much that i could store it in so i used an old AOL file (i hate aol and never EVER use it) under common files and stored it in there...

i wrote down the link so i can find it easy on my computer.

I then closed the Hypercam window just to be sure if my link i stored would work but when i tried it..it came up with an error message like so: errrormessageem8.png

Im not sure what to do..should i uninstall and reinstall or seek help from the site...or whatever.

I know it seems like a hassell but please help me, i want to use this for quite a bit of stuff.

although it says to reinstall im a bit afraid i may screw it up so i want to be sure of what im doing before i do it.

Thanks for your time

-tat OoC Nub

how do u keep it from using cuz i dont wanna use any screen cams since if i go to wildy ill lagg and die what do i do??

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've updated the FAQ with Mac info, some FAQ, and a few things here and there. Post if you have any extra questions.

I have windows 98 and it doesn't come with movie maker, do you think theres a way to download it?

I thought microsoft had a download for it, but I guess you need XP. I know my old 98 computer had movie maker though.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

• 1 month later...
Anyone have a good editing program for Windows that's free? Windows Movie Maker can't do what I want it to.

For any OS (well, the big 3, dunno about UNIX, but maybe Mac version, since MacOS is UNIX-based), you could use LiVES to edit your video.

Also, I believe it has a screenrecorder...and it edits audio. It's like + + Audacity all rolled into one!

Hail the power of Open Source!

EDIT:

linux is bollocks.. anyway, make a linux part of this guide..

That is the single funniest thing I've ever read on this forum.

I won't berate you, I'll linkspam you. I'll give you explanations of why Linux is better, an example of a Windows-to-Linux migration, and a resource for more stories on Linux. Also, I'll ask why there's a Google Linux Search and not a Google Mac (link goes to software downloads for Mac or Windows (404 error) version. I'll also point at that both Tip.it and Runescape are brought to you by Linus Torvalds' "bollocks" (hehe gotta laugh at that phrase...:lol: Linus Torvalds' bollocks) invention. And it also powers the majority of the internet, as searching the Netcraft site (used for above reports) for most domains would show. Even Microsoft uses (and distributes for Novell) Linux on its backup servers because the boys in Redmond know it's more stable than Winblows.

Bollocks, eh?

63cu0k4.png

52788436whatsonthetube.PNG

If you believe you came from monkeys, you probably did.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got all the adware off my computer.

I was wondering if hypercam has any adware, spyware etc.

If not, ill go download it now, and make a vid =)

Also, if i play music while recording, will it record it that way? or do i have to edit it in with microsoft movie maker?

katiegirl19.png

one problem, I checked with A mod on the rsof, and this is strictly illigal, YOU MAY NOT RECORD VIDEOS AND PUT THEM ON YOUTUBE (or any other site) you can record to and show to your sibling/friends on your own computer, but you can't host them.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

omfg... PLEASE, for the sake of your viewers, do NOT use hypercam! It is a terrible product since it displays ads on the video if you don't buy it, and if you do want to continue using it, please consider purchasing it. I suggest that you use CamStudio instead. It's free, open source, and it has no advertisements. At all.

bigd56.png

How do I record sound?

There is an option to record sound on most screen recording software (I use CamStudio as it is always free and there is no watermark), however, you must have your sound card configured correctly and only some types will work for the sound to record.

.sigs these of many too read have you backwards this read you If

CapeAnimation.gif

Finding cool stuff = advertising.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on your sound card if you want to record sound, it's called 'What U Hear' on some, I think.

But you can just add music, etc. after you've recorded what you need to.

• 2 weeks later...

I HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!

I am unable to stop the recording of my hypercam!

Everytime before, i was able to, but now the window disappeared and i cant flick f2 or f3. they dont work!

Help pllease!!!

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED!

I restarted my computer and it stopped the recording :lol:

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

CamStudio is a great capturing tool. It is open source, and completely free. No logo, watermark, limits, or anything. It can export to both .AVI and Adobe Flash... .AVI is, of course, the better choice if you wish to share your videos.

http://camstudio.org/

edit: Bigd56 beat me to this at the bottom of page two :P

bleh3.PNG

Resident Tip.it Cow. :^_^:

[blog] [twitter]

• 1 month later...

Okay, if you lag while recording you can try this:

1) Right click on your desktop and Properties

2) Click Setting tab and click Advanced button

3) Click Troubleshoot button and slide the bar to the most left side.

Thats it!

NOTE:YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY IN HD OR ANY OTHER 3D GAME UNTIL YOU DRAG THAT BAR TO THE MOST RIGHT SIDE.

CamStudio is a great capturing tool. It is open source, and completely free. No logo, watermark, limits, or anything. It can export to both .AVI and Adobe Flash... .AVI is, of course, the better choice if you wish to share your videos.

http://camstudio.org/

edit: Bigd56 beat me to this at the bottom of page two :P

Agreed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

can somebody help me please!

I successfully recorded a full waves 1-10 at barbarian assult and when I put it up on moviemaker and dragged it to the timeline and watched it over, it became all blurry and all the pixels got all messed up. you couldnt see what i was saying or anything that was happening.

Any tips?