How to record RS videos on a PC (hypercam)

weezcake

A tip: when taking screenshots of almost anything except a photograph, PNG images will give you far better quality for lower filesize than jpeg.

Really? I'll have to check that out.

I thought that .gif gave a low filesize too, but a lower quality.

Like to make a note... Gif only uses 256 colors but it has 256 degress of transparency and multiple frames too... Jpeg was made for photos, and when you set it to max quality, it is usually better quality than png... unfortunatley, most things automatically save at 85 - 95% quality... its all about the formulas...

I like DivX, just krank it up to max quality and you've got yourself a nice vid...

Screw hypercam... I see so many noobs (no offence any modern day durials out there >.> ) who make a good film, only to have it ruined with a big "Unregistered Hypercam" stuck in the corner... hypercam sucks resources, and sticks that in, and usually can't run for more than 10 minutes without force saving (at least on my pc)

I use Camstudio... lightweight, easy, no annoying boxes, and even better, IT CAN RECORD SOUND! so all that "Theme music" everyone hates can become background music instead of the film's bane...

Catch my drift?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF you want to use hypercam, watch

In lieu of having people click the link (what with the recent hacking thing), you could just go to youtube, search for "how to remove hypercam logo" and click the first link, which takes you to the above video.

It's probably illegal, and I'm not sure why it works, but it does, and it gets rid of the problem.

The only other option I know of would be Fraps.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hypercam isn't working with RuneScape for me. It used to, but now it doesn't anymore, regardless of what i do. any help?

Watch me on Youtube

Current Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun

Future Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Golden Sun II: The Lost Age

Holier_Nx.png

A tip: when taking screenshots of almost anything except a photograph, PNG images will give you far better quality for lower filesize than jpeg.

Really? I'll have to check that out.

I thought that .gif gave a low filesize too, but a lower quality.

Like to make a note... Gif only uses 256 colors but it has 256 degress of transparency and multiple frames too... Jpeg was made for photos, and when you set it to max quality, it is usually better quality than png... unfortunatley, most things automatically save at 85 - 95% quality... its all about the formulas...

I like DivX, just krank it up to max quality and you've got yourself a nice vid...

Screw hypercam... I see so many noobs (no offence any modern day durials out there >.> ) who make a good film, only to have it ruined with a big "Unregistered Hypercam" stuck in the corner... hypercam sucks resources, and sticks that in, and usually can't run for more than 10 minutes without force saving (at least on my pc)

I use Camstudio... lightweight, easy, no annoying boxes, and even better, IT CAN RECORD SOUND! so all that "Theme music" everyone hates can become background music instead of the film's bane...

Catch my drift?

No.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 years later...