F2p Mage Proposal *Read it now!* 105 supporters!!!!

Komodoman360

Mage armour now? Ok that's all. Oh wait you said the same about runecrafting, about the update to ranging the Stronghold of Security. I mean really there will always be people wanting something extra for f2p its like feeding a hungry dog. Seriously get over it you don't pay you deserve nothing its been said ten thousand times. Mage isn't good enough for you? Well train Ranged.

1. Read the stuff that I put after my suggestions, there are reasons why people can't be p2p.

2. The reason why ranged was updated was because it was worse off than mage is now, but now mage is the one at a major disadvantage.

3. What did I say about the stronghold, oh wait, I didn't

4. Runecrafting isn't that big of an issue right now, there isn't a huge initiative out there asking to craft more types of runes

5. And for every 10,000 times you say you don't pay, so you don't deserve anything, there will be another 10,000 reasons why some of us can't.

(HOORAY for reaching 2 pages!)

sigs066.gifLUIGI IS AWESOME

supportrobesze8.png

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to neutralize this out. Magic is supposed to hit high and have pathetic defense. That's what it's like on P2P, with ancients and wave spells, although lunar and infinity armor are bad. On F2P, the spells are high-hitting at first, then there are no new spells. The robes are as pathetic as they should be. So give F2P a new set of spells between waves and blasts. That SHOULD fix it...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Well if i remember correctly there are no robes between mystic and wizard, even on p2p... So a great solution would be to release a set of robes requiring 20 mage for both p2p and f2p. Although Mystic wouldn't be too bad being as Melee and Ranged have wieldable f2p items at 40.

Off-Topic:

(YIKES, I'm supporting 5 different additions! I must be nuts! ...)
"Smart and insane guy wearing purple all the time", was that not how you described yourself?

You HAD to bring that up from the other thread, didn't you?!?!?

On-Topic:

Looking at blue mystic (I've never actually owned it, hehehe), I'm thinking the jump from blue wizard robes to blue mystic is pretty drastic. A price factor of about 100, and a bonus factor of 9. I'd definitely opt for something inbetween - ghostly robes would work, but there isn't much chance that desert treasure is going to become a non-member quest. :-w

Thinking something like...

apprentice gloves +3/+1

apprentice boots +2/+3

apprentice hat +3/+3

apprentice top +6/+5

apprentice bottom +4/+4

full apprentice +18/+16, req 30 magic and 10 defense, costs ~20k.

Just to throw some numbers out there.

Possibly add snare as well, seeing as bind is laughable. :-k

Does that magic armor exist already? Also, does it provide any defense boosts to melee/ranged? If not, it really should. Just a little in the gloves and boots, equivalent to what normal gloves and boots give. Then it might be something for F2P to use...

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

1. Read the stuff that I put after my suggestions, there are reasons why people can't be p2p.

2. The reason why ranged was updated was because it was worse off than mage is now, but now mage is the one at a major disadvantage.

4. Runecrafting isn't that big of an issue right now, there isn't a huge initiative out there asking to craft more types of runes

5. And for every 10,000 times you say you don't pay, so you don't deserve anything, there will be another 10,000 reasons why some of us can't.

1. That doesn't interest me it's 5 dollars for members, you don't pay a damn thing, seriously I don't know how you are going to survive in the real world if you think that Jagex as a business need to continually be giving you free stuff because in some dumb little world you live in you believe you deserve it.

2. Why do I get the impression you could use this argument forever?

3. Oh wait, it was an example of of f2p whining for free stuff then getting bored of it within a few weeks.

4. It was just an example of a skill that was brought out for f2p opening lots of different avenues for it.

5. You need to realise that Jagex are a business that don't owe you anything and ifyou can't pay be thankful you can play at all, most MMORPG's cost a monthly subscription to play them, there is no option of an everlasting "f2p".

That's not whining for free stuff. That's an educated suggestion.

This is whinning for free stuff.

I want Jagex to make Runescape's member server free! My parents don't want to pay $5/month! And I've heard they chargh you extra for using weapons! Who here wants to play the FULL version of Runescape and not have to pay? If YOU want to, then sign here RIGHT NOW!!!!

Not all of us are like that.

single_skill1165514760.png

Thank the world for spell checkers.

1. That doesn't interest me it's 5 dollars for members, you don't pay a damn thing, seriously I don't know how you are going to survive in the real world if you think that Jagex as a business need to continually be giving you free stuff because in some dumb little world you live in you believe you deserve it.

3. Oh wait, it was an example of of f2p whining for free stuff then getting bored of it within a few weeks.

4. It was just an example of a skill that was brought out for f2p opening lots of different avenues for it.

5. You need to realise that Jagex are a business that don't owe you anything and ifyou can't pay be thankful you can play at all, most MMORPG's cost a monthly subscription to play them, there is no option of an everlasting "f2p".

You need to calm down.

1. They do deserve some stuff, without them, then Jagex, wouldn't get money from ads, and i'm guessing that thats about 25-30% of the profits

2. No comment

3. So you bias your answer on what some F2Pers say? Actually, i bet most of them were expecting some awesome shoes, not cheap bronze knock-offs

4. No comment

5. He is right, and most MMORPGS have 'everlasting' F2P

Money in ads? Do you know how much they make from them? I don't and I don't see how you do? 25-30%? Did you just make that up because it supported your argument?

I suppose here you're saying the stronghold wasn't good enough for you? Ok a 3/4 level dungeon with ample monsters to kill opening up some great training spots as well as helping younger users secure their account? I thought that was a generous update for f2p.

Most MMORPG's? Well i'd like to here some examples and that is of companies on the scale of Jagex.

The random numbers (or at least seemingly) get pretty annoying...

and i kinda dout that they will do this, even tho they should because f2p ranged bonus is a lot more than mage.

and f2p dosnt pay jagex at all... i wouldnt consider clicking on a link "paying" jagex. they might pay for internet, but jagex dosnt get any of that.

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

You can buy the robes in Varrock or get them as drops from the Wizards in the tower.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

You need to calm down.

1. They do deserve some stuff, without them, then Jagex, wouldn't get money from ads, and i'm guessing that thats about 25-30% of the profits

2. No comment

3. So you bias your answer on what some F2Pers say? Actually, i bet most of them were expecting some awesome shoes, not cheap bronze knock-offs

4. No comment

I'm a member, but I'm somewhere in the middle. So I'm not an arrogant member, or a whining F2Per.

1. Yes, they DO deserve SOME stuff. SOME. They don't give 25-30% of the profits. They give...Maybe less than 5%...? That's 1/20, which multiplied by 52 (Number of weeks a year) is 2.6. So 2-3 updates a year (Not counting graphical and holiday ones.) is all F2P should get.

2. My comment. The combat-triangle is even. It's nearly always been even since it was made.

3. I was a F2Per when it was announced, and I was expecting something like Melzar's Maze, with a decent piece of armor at the end. Boots aren't decent, but the monsters were A LOT better than I expected.

4. My comment. A lot of things Jagex does/doesn't do is to try and drag in more members. Some of those aren't working (*Ahem*...Bank space...?) and need to be fixed. Runecrafting could possibly be one that IS working, as the high costs of chaos+ runes may make some F2Pers want to craft them themselves.

5. Uh...No. It's usually the pathetic MMORPGS have everlasting free trials.

doublesmileyface1.png

The combat-triangle is even. It's nearly always been even since it was made.

ROFL ... EVEN???? Not even close. At fully equal levels, Mage versus a Warrior is at a total disadvantage, same as Mage versus a Ranger. This was NEVER supposed to be the case.

Mages are going to need a boost, preferably in the shirts and hats. That is, unless Jagex wants to make boots, cape, and gloves that would help a Mage and still provide the needed defense bonuses of basic boots, cape, and gloves. That or maybe make a Monk Robe with Prayer and Mage boosts... Hmm, leaves quite the thing to think about. :-k

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

The combat-triangle is even. It's nearly always been even since it was made.

ROFL ... EVEN???? Not even close. At fully equal levels, Mage versus a Warrior is at a total disadvantage, same as Mage versus a Ranger. This was NEVER supposed to be the case.

Mages are going to need a boost, preferably in the shirts and hats. That is, unless Jagex wants to make boots, cape, and gloves that would help a Mage and still provide the needed defense bonuses of basic boots, cape, and gloves. That or maybe make a Monk Robe with Prayer and Mage boosts... Hmm, leaves quite the thing to think about. :-k

~Mr. Devnull

Oops...I guess I was thinking about P2P. It's even there. F2P, rangers and warriors are nearly even. Mages just don't hit high enough. So like I said, get a new spell set between blasts and waves. That'll get mages to hit higher than warriors, but still cost more and have worse defense.

doublesmileyface1.png

F2P, rangers and warriors are nearly even. Mages just don't hit high enough. So like I said, get a new spell set between blasts and waves. That'll get mages to hit higher than warriors, but still cost more and have worse defense.

Even if a mage hits hard, they still need to have the defense to go "toe to toe" with a Warrior, else what I said about 'disadvantages' stands and remains. Attack without Defense is TRUELY USELESS...

Hmm, that just gave me an idea. "Armored Wizard Robe" (shirt) and "Armored Wizard Hat" ... give them higher mage stats for attack and defense, but also give SMALL armoring stats for range (no more than +1 each) and for melee (no more than +4 or +5 each) ... It would at least balance out range and melee versus mage a bit, in my personal opinion, and would give proper stats to enhanced armor like that, but without being so good as to not be "F2P-allowable"...

Just my 'next chunk' on the matter.

~Mr. Devnull

If they were to give F2P mystic armor(blue only) that would help the F2P and P2P.

F2P - They get an update AND new armor. Wo0o0o!

P2P - FINALLY! We can sell our mystic armor for more then 130k

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

If they were to give F2P mystic armor(blue only) that would help the F2P and P2P.

That makes perfect sense. Members get to gain money, F2P gets armor.

That makes perfect sense. Members get to gain money, F2P gets armor.

Except most members have minds too small to understand that. All they care about are their precious little whips.

That's some. I'm not part of that some. [blue] mystic currently goes for 200K. That's how much I bought mine for. Of course, it would rise to 500K or something if it became F2P, but after a week or so...It'd be down to 150K. Good at first though, bad in the long run. But it wouldn't be too bad...Not that many people sell mystic, and I'd be able to make some money. :lol:

doublesmileyface1.png

I agree. Mages get owned by melee in F2P too easily.

And it is not one of these threads: "F2P deserves upgrades."

It is about the combat triangle.

No! You'll die if you try to kill that farmer!
nah whips should be as left as is. besides theyre the intestine of an abbysal demon (i think) have fun crafting that.

You need to calm down.

2. No comment

4. No comment

Money in ads? Do you know how much they make from them? I don't and I don't see how you do? 25-30%? Did you just make that up because it supported your argument?

I suppose here you're saying the stronghold wasn't good enough for you? Ok a 3/4 level dungeon with ample monsters to kill opening up some great training spots as well as helping younger users secure their account? I thought that was a generous update for f2p.

Most MMORPG's? Well i'd like to here some examples and that is of companies on the scale of Jagex.

As a member, I have to say I agree with penguingeek. Upping the attack of mage would even things out. Offense is good without defense because mages can attack from FAR away, so by the time the warrior gets there he's low on health and only a few more attacks to go.

On the MMORPG's, try Guild Wars, I'd say NCSoft is a pretty big company :D

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

Better... mage armor with defense against melee and with a prayer boost... not too strong for it to not be F2P-allowable, but strong enough to balance the combat triangle... Kinda like what I mentioned in my last post here... :)

Why split what you can combine? :-s

~Mr. Devnull

I like what all of you have been putting up, but, I have an idea I'd like to run past you all to consider adding in here... here it goes:

Dark Wizzy Robes: I don't know if they have those, I forgot to check the mage guide, but the could be gotten from the dark wizzy tower, and members could bring them into a f2p world and sell them for 5-15k. They'd be level 10-15 (higher than the level of armor that we have now, so an improvement) and consist of a hood, skirt, robes, boots, and gloves. The armor would have a bonus of Offensive: +25-35 (with ammy), defensive of +25-30, there would also be a small prayer bonus of +5. If you like this idea, let me know, and I'll add it to the proposal.

Here's a Picture of it, the armor would look like that.

DarkWizardRobes.jpg

Komodoman360

sigs066.gifLUIGI IS AWESOME

supportrobesze8.png

I like what all of you have been putting up, but, I have an idea I'd like to run past you all to consider adding in here... here it goes:

Dark Wizzy Robes: I don't know if they have those, I forgot to check the mage guide, but the could be gotten from the dark wizzy tower, and members could bring them into a f2p world and sell them for 5-15k. They'd be level 10-15 (higher than the level of armor that we have now, so an improvement) and consist of a hood, skirt, robes, boots, and gloves. The robes would have a bonus of Offensive: +25-30 (with ammy), defensive of +20-25, there would also be a small prayer bonus of +5. If you like this idea, let me kow, and also if someone who has photo shop would like to, I'd appreciate some help in showing it like I have in the post right now for the new armor proposal.

Komodoman360

I support this idea mainly because of the "hood" idea. Hoods Own!! :thumbsup:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D