Why is "safing" bad?

Under_Score

Whenever I'm PKing in F2P worlds, I always see people getting called safers because they eat when they aren't in danger of being K0ed. But, why is this bad? Don't you have the right to use your own food in the manner you so choose? I think if I took the time to fish, cook, and/or buy the food, that I can eat it whenever I want during a fight. People act like it's bug abuse. Discuss.

linktipitsigfb1.png

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safing isn't "bad" it's just that people are angry because they can't quickly R2H you for a kill or something. It's more bogus than other "honor" rules of the wilderness, like no teleporting or praying. I guess someone was about to pk something good, but the person ate right before they unleashed specials or something. Safing is a disadvantage though, because it makes it harder to live because you eat the food more often, and sooner.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

Safing is bad because it takes the point out of PKing.

People PK not for loot, but for the excitement. If both players safe, neither player has any chance of getting k0ed. Therefore, you're both wasting food, potions, and time. The fight is pathetically boring and therefore no one wants to fight you.

It's called "professional courtesy". If you give them a fair chance of winning, they give you a fair chance of winning, both people enjoy the fight more.

And if you're too scared to risk the items, then you shouldn't expect people who enjoy taking risks to fight you. They're better off fighting other people who are willing to take the risks.

I'm not going to argue about it much but all I will say is this:

It truly shows the weakness of the combat system if people have to try and get others not to eat food in order to get a kill.

"Safing" is a product of RS2, ever stop to wonder why?

Because you couldn't do it in RSC, which many people will agree have a much superior combat system.

People PK not for loot, but for the excitement. If both players safe, neither player has any chance of getting k0ed. Therefore, you're both wasting food, potions, and time. The fight is pathetically boring and therefore no one wants to fight you.

It's called "professional courtesy". If you give them a fair chance of winning, they give you a fair chance of winning, both people enjoy the fight more.

And if you're too scared to risk the items, then you shouldn't expect people who enjoy taking risks to fight you. They're better off fighting other people who are willing to take the risks.

The people in f2p which he speaks of (the noob pures who have just been created after viewing a Mahatma PK video) only pk for loot. They get mad when they cannot kill you. They think that everyone they fight will die.

On my f2p "rune pure" I eat once I hit 15-20hp. The pures my level hit 15s easily ... then they call me a safer from eating. If I didn't eat, I would have been killed on the next hit :roll:

77yLQy8.png

The people in f2p which he speaks of (the noob pures who have just been created after viewing a Mahatma PK video) only pk for loot. They get mad when they cannot kill you. They think that everyone they fight will die.

On my f2p "rune pure" I eat once I hit 15-20hp. The pures my level hit 15s easily ... then they call me a safer from eating. If I didn't eat, I would have been killed on the next hit :roll:

True. A lot of wanna-be-pures just complain about safing because they want kills.

The reason I posted above is for actual pures, and PKers who are out there for fun rather than loot.

The original pures were just players who wanted to increase the excitement in fights on both ends. They have a much higher chance of dying, but in return they also have an extraordinarily high chance of actually killing their opponent.

These days, the term "pure" refers to mostly scamming, rule breaking players who'd do anything to turn a profit and suffer from a major attitude problem.

Nothing's wrong with safing. The only people who hate safers are those who want to take someone down in 1 hit. Anyone who uses a fast and/or powerful weapon hates safers because then the pker knows he won't be able to kill his foe quickly and painlessly.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

'Safing' is a [developmentally delayed]s s excuse for you not keeling over to die and kindly donate them your items. The combat system makes it much too easy to escape but coming up with the idea that 'safing' is bad is just a pathetic scam to try and guilt trip you into handing over your items.

I would rather safe then die.

Exactly. You rather not die. So go fight the other people that are out there for loot.

Some people are out there because they enjoy the risk, as well as the higher chance of rewards. Therefore, it's courtesy to fight people with an equal attitude towards the chances of dying. If you choose to safe, and whoever you're fighting would rather not waste their food and time, then they're at perfect liberty to run.

Flaming IS an issue though. The way I see it, just telling the other person you don't want to fight is fine. Calling people safers doesn't make things better. The only reason anyone should flame for this is if you persist in trying to attack them even if they've made it clear they will not fight you.

Notice only pures luse that word? I often find myself on the recieving end of a stre pure's 2h. I also often find myself on their bad-mouthing.

I understand that because all the time and effort that went into making that pure is killed by safing, the pure is angry. But i spent even more time and effort making my non-pure acct. The fact that i safe is to balance the combat advantage that pures have.

But to be honest, i dont really get ticked off when im called a 'safer'. I just say "yep, and proud of it". What really annoys me is when someone asks "no armor fight?"

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

This "safing" is DEFINITELY not a bad thing! Eating keeps you from dying, and you cant get a good Pk if you're the one who got Pk'ed!

Even if you followed all of these stupid "rules" of the wild, you would still be called a "noob" for getting a nice kill.

~Maruder~

The Maruder1- unbanned on 11-24-07! Whoo!

Safer, Def noob, no armor noob, prayer noob, running noob, tele noob.

What will they think of next? :twisted:

I've found that people will call you a noob for anything. It's such a cliche it's lost all meaning whatsoever.

An example would be me (lvl 94) getting called a noob by a level 60-ish for not responding when he said 'str lvl'? Give me a break. Look it up on the [bleep]ing highscores if its so important to you.

So I suppose you'd call me a 'silence noob'? :lol: Whatever. This is why I generally stick to the off-topic forum, runescape and the whole community annoy me.

Some people are out there because they enjoy the risk, as well as the higher chance of rewards. Therefore, it's courtesy to fight people with an equal attitude towards the chances of dying. If you choose to safe, and whoever you're fighting would rather not waste their food and time, then they're at perfect liberty to run.

I think your idea of what is courteous or not is very much debatable. These moron pures think it's courteous for me to die in one hit, I've no doubt. Maybe my rule of courtesy is for you to leave me alone when I'm out there.

For me, courtesy in Runescape extends only to the point where I lose items. Will I share a training spot? Sure. Will I answer questions? Sure. Will I play by your rules in the wilderness so you can get my stuff? No.

It's mainly a term used by pures/rune pures against non pures. If you both keep hp relatively low, then you have a higher shot of being ko'ed with food remaining based on the fact they have higher strength. If you both keep hp high and neither person runs or teles, you would likely win because you can last a longer fight with defense.

So yeah, it is mainly used by pures because ko'ing people is what they are good at.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

People call other people safers for the same reason they call them telenoobs, prayer noobs, def noobs (lol... :roll:), and any other kind of 'noob' you can think of. Because they want your items. Sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent a loss from being incurred on me, just like any other time when I'm playing RuneScape. If you're not good enough to kill someone before they teleport, PK in deeper wilderness, or get your magic to 85. If you don't like someone praying melee on you; pray melee on them right back. If you don't like fighting people who safe; then don't :wink:

It seems no one has replied to my comment yet :(.

Calling someone a noob is always generaly stupid. (although many times you have to know that it's simply a mind trick. if someone doesn't like being teased like that they may not eat, or they may even miss a click from getting angry).

However, the term was brought with runescape 2. I'm not sure how it is now but it was deffinitly easier to die in RSC, because of the 3 hit system in effect.

However, just ignore them. If it's part of the game mechanics go ahead, just don't get angry when they say that because your only playing into their plan.

While I've never been called a 'safer' I have been called many other things. While I go into the wilderness as little as possible, I still go in occasionally for some training (mainly green drags, occasionally Abyss and Black Unicorns), and I will do whatever is necessary to defend my items and me. If they don't like it, they can play another game, thank you very much. That said, I still die roughly every 8 times I'm attacked.

But it always gives me a giggle to get a private message from the pure that just killed me complaining on my PM about how I forced him to eat, retreat out of the wildy to restock his food, get more prayer... and all he got was 3 unicorn horns... That would be because you followed me from Varrock, carrying 3 items, watched me kill 3 unicorns and attacked as soon as there was a chance to. #-o

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Pkers who call people "safers" are just selfish people who want your stuff.

Notice there all those irritating pures who say "noob" when you kill them.

I mean, come on! you lost the fight your the "noob" not him!

I own 4 pures, 1 of them being a skiller.

NONE of them call people safers.

In fact, when people call my pures safers, i just say "sry" and continue to safe.The pures all died .=)

"Safing" is a term used by people who are not strong enough to ko you in an attempt to taunt you into not eating, when you ordinarily would have. It's a stupid term; your food is yours to use as you want. Granted, not "safing" gives you more time to attack, giving you a greater chance of killing your opponet. Likewise, they can ko you more easily. Not safing leads to much faster and riskier fights; it's up to you whether or not you want that, not the person you are fighting.

pissant22.png

Currently subsisting off of God Wars: 3 shards, 1 bandos hilt, 2 sara swords, 1 steam staff, and 2 zamorak spears.

all those pures who call people safers need to learn that not everybody in this game has add :lol: on topic i love being called a def nub when i show off my 58 def (72 combat) they're like wtf? why i'm not hitting? ffs trust me in f2p they called people safers when we eat are damn food

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

However, the term was brought with runescape 2. I'm not sure how it is now but it was deffinitly easier to die in RSC, because of the 3 hit system in effect.

Umm... I'm a bit of an RS2 product... What was the 3-hit system?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Combat revolved around 3 hits. Whenever you attacked someone (or a monster) it initiated a fight that lasted 3 hits. (you both have 3 hits against each other). During those 3 hits you could not run, teleport or eat food.

Combat revolved around 3 hits. Whenever you attacked someone (or a monster) it initiated a fight that lasted 3 hits. (you both have 3 hits against each other). During those 3 hits you could not run, teleport or eat food.

So you were locked in a fight for 3 hits then after those 3 hits you could leave?

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

I'm a pure. I do not insult other players while pking.

They safe, have def, pray, tele....does not bother me. I just change my pking style.

And i dont see killing someone on low hp as excitement. Theres no skill in that, just some luck. I find more excitement in killing someone who puts up a fight.

Those "pures" that insult people are what i call 'indisposable'. Therefore i dont see them as true pures.

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation