The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More TIF'ers need to roll an alliance character on Shattered Hand. All my old friends have quit. There's only two rl friends active at the moment... and another one who might migrate there with his paladin (on the condition that we all contribute with 1/4 of the migration fee... stingy bugger). It's lonely!

Smeg, I forgot your Eu! I might join you, what did you say your class was? It would be good to roll something that compliments it (if I ever get to your level >.<)

Haha, that'd be sweet.

My main is a 62 rogue. However, I am sorta holding that one on ice for the time being, in case my paladin friend is joining us. He is level 60 with that one, and we figured it'd be cool to run instances together. So, I'm mainly playing on my mage right now, currently level 15.

If you decide to roll one on SH, however, then my rogue's name is Azvareth (shocker), and my mage's name is Scrivs.

Choice of class? I'll leave that decision for you to take. :P

Well, seeing as I went Shaman on Rebel's server, I'm gonna go Warlock on this one. Gnome of course ;)

Haha, this made me lol

orly.jpg

Go to 66.19 in Tanaris if you want to see the Owl. :P

I have to check that out.

Oh and I dinged 50 on the rogue, respeced full combat for my 41point talent :).

What's a good weapon for a level 40 ret pally? Didn't get Ravager - should I still try for it? Didn't get Mograine's Might either. Both have a lower drop rate compared to the other drops and have run both Arm and Cath many, many times. Maybe I should just buy a slow green of the Bear 2H until.. what?

Help!

I'm using Sword of Omen + Aegis of the Scarlet Commander now. Nice defense but for a ret pally, poor DPS. =[

sithbridgeay2.jpg

YEAH!! Attuned to Onyxia and BWL!! [/img]

Why lol?

Bubsa: Great choice, my main is a warlock (only level 56) and he's tons of fun. You ought to enjoy it.

The_Sith: Go to

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

How fun are warriors? Ive really only done shamans before, and only healing and elemental. If i start playing with my friends, i think i want to either go enhancement, or play a more physical class, ie. warrior.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

YEAH!! Attuned to Onyxia and BWL!! [/img]

Why lol?

Because my guild still does the occasional run down the old instances - i just need to get MC attuned and them im all set.

Yeah I think we're going to run some old raids to get set for Kara - alot of us haven't done the instance raids and are quite clueless (myself included - only raids I've done are PvP).

We've gained some really decent guildies lately, including a Holy/Disc priest whom none of us knew, but has turned out to be awesome - she has 13k kills, hasn't played that much since TBC but is keen to get back into it.

She got 70 today and joined us for a Shattered Halls run - myself (rogue), a guildie friend (tank) and some other guys we know from the more experienced guilds on our realm (a lock and a mage). Smoothest 70 instance run I've ever done, only two wipes. Those friggin' orcs resist alot don't they??

Anyways I got this, this and finally upgraded out of the green level 68 shoulders I was using to these. Happy days.

Anyone play on Rexxar? (sp.)

When I get WoW (any day now) I'll be there because my best friend plays there.

Sorry have a feeling noone saw that so im just saying again.

Just so you don't think everyone is ignoring you, sorry I don't.

What's a good weapon for a level 40 ret pally? Didn't get Ravager - should I still try for it? Didn't get Mograine's Might either. Both have a lower drop rate compared to the other drops and have run both Arm and Cath many, many times. Maybe I should just buy a slow green of the Bear 2H until.. what?

Help!

I'm using Sword of Omen + Aegis of the Scarlet Commander now. Nice defense but for a ret pally, poor DPS. =[

I'm not sure if there is anything decent coming up. There are some good 2H weapons in ulda but that isn't until 45 or so and they are a tough drop.

I would really try to get ravager if I were you, its well well worth it for a ret paladin.

How fun are warriors? Ive really only done shamans before, and only healing and elemental. If i start playing with my friends, i think i want to either go enhancement, or play a more physical class, ie. warrior.

Warriors are fun but expect to tank. However, likewise expect to heal as a shaman.

Now the good thing about warriors is that fury warriors can really DPS at end game well. What you can do is just tank through heroic 5 mans, get good DPS gear and then respec fury to DPS in raids.

Enhancment and elemental shaman are both getting nerfed in 2.1 (WF having the 3 second cooldown between proc chances so it screws over Dual wielding, elemental is getting clear casting bonus from 100% to 60%) and really I don't see the class turning around any time soon.

If you want to play a melee DPS class try a rogue if you haven't. They are a lot of fun and you don't need to worry about 'holding back' because of mana.

Warriors are the same way, don't need to hold back because of rage. Only reason I didn't stick with my warrior is because the DPS wasn't as high and the expectancy to tank sometimes is anoying.

Honestly I don't see my self playing another mana class anytime soon because I hate having to play in a way that I save as much mana as possible >_<.

Mostly I would just stick with a class Lion. It took me a while and I'm glad I'm finaly really sticking with my rogue. All I needa do is do the horrible 50-58 trek (Quests are so scattered around) and then its outland time!

Oh and as far as my rogue goes I'm having a fun time with full combat. I didn't notice the 20% chance to proc +15 energy before on my OH because it was 2.2 speed but then I switched and bought a green 1.4 speed dagger (that had 4 dps less but w/e its OH).

Its so much better now. I'm not only having poisons proc from my OH a lot more often but that energy proc is very nice to keep sustained damage up. As far as combat goes too I think i'm going to stick with it until at least the low-mid 60's if I can. When I get into the 60's I wanna try a build I saw before that revolved around backstab. (it was mostly assination/sub with 3 into imp gouge). Watched a PvP video and it was great.

Oh and a final thing, sunken temple. When I did this place on my shaman I only did it a few times and mostly it went fine. However it seems like now when I'm doing it on my rogue all I get are idiots. Take our tank last night for instance.

He was lvl 48 warrior who proclaimed he had something like 40s. Well he was tanking with a 1h axe / shield.

Anyways, I was leveling up my dagger on the trash before the instance because I still did decent dps overall with it as a MH (LOL) and also because I needed to get it up for my OH. Well, sooner or later I noticed I was pulling agro with this weapon from the tank, constantly. At the time my dagger skill was ~200 and I could pull agro like no other.

Now, the guy was doing stuff right and wasn't a bad tank par-say. He sundered and did all that good stuff but couldn't hold agro from even my auto attacks hardly.

Well looked him up on the armory and found he only had 200 axe skill out of 240 at the time. #-o The guy was bellow the healer on the DPS chart!

Of course I ended up doing 45% of total damage in the group (rikus was 2nd with 25%) and finaly the warrior just logged. No word, nothing. Ended up stopping the instance right there.

Does anyone else find ST groups to be really bad? I mean, I know some of the pulls are larger than instances before it but honestly. I mean, I'd tank if I didn't take 500 dmg from mobs each swing. :lol:

Honestly I don't see my self playing another mana class anytime soon because I hate having to play in a way that I save as much mana as possible >_<.

Have you tried to come to the dark side yet? Warlocks can Lifetap-Drain Life. Mana, Schmana 8-)

EDIT: As for ST groups, worst 5 man instance ever for pugs. I ran that thing 8 times, and each one gave me a headache. You always get idiots who think they know their way around (whoever designed that place is going to hell btw) or train all the whelplings at the worst possible moment. I'm so glad I never have to run that thing again.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Have you tried to come to the dark side yet? Warlocks can Lifetap-Drain Life. Mana, Schmana 8-)

I have a 29 warlock, didn't really like it that much. Always felt like it was Dot > Dot > Dot > Wand until dead. Getting mana back like that was nice but PvE through dots was anoying.

Yeah they are a pretty easy class to play (espceially with the felguard <3: ). Maybe that's why they're the most hated class in the game :oops:

Do you think they are the most hated?

I dislike fighting Locks but I never mind grouping/raiding with them - most people sneer at Rogues; "Shut up EZmoder, CLoS some more k".

Ahh, such is the MMORPG scene - filled with flamers and whiners.

EDIT: LOL I forgot..

lostpx4.png

It's not new or clever, but it still freaks guildies and people on the trade channel out.

I dislike fighting Locks but I never mind grouping/raiding with them - most people sneer at Rogues; "Shut up EZmoder, CLoS some more k".

I like the people who say "lol rogues are usless in 5 man and raids" (which I see a lot on the forums).

If someone tries saying that in a group I just show them a damage meter with me doing upwards of 40% of the entire 5 mans damage. Yup, me pulling for almost half the damage of the group is worthless amirite?

If you wanna see all the love Locks get, check out the warlock wow forums. Half the threads are made by shamans and mages [bleep]ing about fear/death coil/felguard etc. Rogues give some rap too about paranoia and them changing the trinket in the next patch to break stun lock.

Nad, what's the name of your new rogue on BB?

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

If you wanna see all the love Locks get, check out the warlock wow forums. Half the threads are made by shamans and mages [bleep] about fear/death coil/felguard etc. Rogues give some rap too about paranoia and them changing the trinket in the next patch to break stun lock.

Nad, what's the name of your new rogue on BB?

Cyrant, you might see some of my posts on the offical forums.

Oh and most rogues are just laughing at all the locks who think this trinket will change much. We're actualy pretty damn content save for the few that will QQ about anything, just check out our forums ;p.

Everyonce and a while we get the ocasional lock coming in who crys about CloS, thats about it.

EDIT: LOL I forgot..

lostpx4.png

It's not new or clever, but it still freaks guildies and people on the trade channel out.

I'm truly jealous... I've been wanting to do that since I started playing. Shame I'm too lazy to get up that high.

Although, I had a brainstorm. Deleted all my characters and now I'm working on getting an Undead Rogue up to 70. I think it'll be better for sneaking into cities seen as I've played Alliance mostly. I know where the hidey holes are. :mrgreen:

You should post a few more pictures in cities you shouldn't be. I hear Org is getting snipers or something for the tops of the "buildings" in 2.1. So you might wanna play around there before it goes live.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Correct me if I am way off here, but I daresay there are at least one or two European WoW players on this board. Perhaps more. And well, with my previous post in mind, and me being European myself, would it not be a bit silly of me, would I have adressed you non-Europeans? Since, you know, we can't play together.

Oh wait, I didn't.

I dunno... Me and Andy quit WoW temporarily, and you decide to come back and level? *slaps Azvi*

Well, I'll be starting again on Friday so I suppose I'll gank you if I see you about in Outland. :lol:

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

I'm truly jealous... I've been wanting to do that since I started playing. Shame I'm too lazy to get up that high.

Ah it's so so easy with UC - the sewer. You can take one step inside it, you'll be flagged and "inside". The first guard is a long way in, so it's not excessively dangerous.

It would be smegging hard to get into Stormwind as a rogue. Perception's a [bleep].

It's been done lots of times on my realm - one night there was 5 of them and we flushed em out. They tend to hide around Old City and Dwarven Quarter.

Correct me if I am way off here, but I daresay there are at least one or two European WoW players on this board. Perhaps more. And well, with my previous post in mind, and me being European myself, would it not be a bit silly of me, would I have adressed you non-Europeans? Since, you know, we can't play together.

Oh wait, I didn't.

I dunno... Me and Andy quit WoW temporarily, and you decide to come back and level? *slaps Azvi*

Well, I'll be starting again on Friday so I suppose I'll gank you if I see you about in Outland. :lol:

Dude! Why not make an alliance char? I'll boost you guys through DM like the good old days. ;)

It'd also be cool to have some friends to group with on my mage.

Do it!

(also, the upcoming patch is very awesome)

2009rb9.jpg

Oh wait, I didn't.

Dude! Why not make an alliance char? I'll boost you guys through DM like the good old days. ;)

It'd also be cool to have some friends to group with on my mage.

Do it!

(also, the upcoming patch is very awesome)

Andy's staying Alliance, I'm going Horde for a double team that no annoying same faction members can ruin. That and a few people that were a bit dishonorable that I met, and want to repeatedly kill. I'll still be on WoW, just won't be able to talk to you and ask you for boosts every 2 mins. :P

Plus, the whole Alliance thing's been done. I got my Rogue up to 53 before getting utterly and completely bored with him. I think I had about 25 days played too. Not to mention my imba twink with around 10 days played at level 19...

Gotta split.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Alright mate, your choice -- at least Andy's staying. Don't be surprised if you see me scouting the X-roads for your [wagon], though. ;)

2009rb9.jpg