Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Nadril

The official World of Warcraft thread.

Tried ToC10 HC again last night, more failure. think we must have wiped about 12 times or so which is slightly annoying to say the least.

We can get through Phase 1 pretty much 100% of the time now which is good, we just seem to be failing on acid maw and dreadscale.

I had the highest DPS in pretty much all the tries, I averaged 4.5k dps with the next highest at about 4k dps. Which I assume is why we're failing. Although it's nice being top of DPS thanks to a slight rotation change (which seems to have improved my DPS over long periods by around 300-500dps) at one point I even ended one of the tries on over 6k DPS before we died on the acidmaw pull >_<

If your highest dps is 4.5k its really a problem. You need to do abub in one chase phase, we had problems with this at the start but once we went with 2 healers and dps knew when to switch to the adds we got close to a kill. You should also remmeber that rogues, mages and paladins can kite anub arak without breaking any ice if you are having problems with using up too many of the frozen orbs.

Oh, we're not even on Anub, still on Northrend beasts :-#

Did EoE10 yesterday and had 6k dps without using any sparks which was fun =P

Tried ToC10 HC again last night, more failure. think we must have wiped about 12 times or so which is slightly annoying to say the least.

We can get through Phase 1 pretty much 100% of the time now which is good, we just seem to be failing on acid maw and dreadscale.

I had the highest DPS in pretty much all the tries, I averaged 4.5k dps with the next highest at about 4k dps. Which I assume is why we're failing. Although it's nice being top of DPS thanks to a slight rotation change (which seems to have improved my DPS over long periods by around 300-500dps) at one point I even ended one of the tries on over 6k DPS before we died on the acidmaw pull >_<

If your highest dps is 4.5k its really a problem. You need to do abub in one chase phase, we had problems with this at the start but once we went with 2 healers and dps knew when to switch to the adds we got close to a kill. You should also remmeber that rogues, mages and paladins can kite anub arak without breaking any ice if you are having problems with using up too many of the frozen orbs.

we were trying 10 man HC yesterday and managed to get him into P3 with 3 healers, but yeah, it was way too tight, and we'll probably switch to 2.

Definatly go with 2 healers. do not be phased by the raid damage in phase 3, it does not need to be healed at all, all your healers need to have Penetrating Cold added to there raid frames and the only people who should be healed at all sre the tanks and the penetrating cold targets being left at around half health so the ticking debuff doesnt kill them.

The problem we had on the first reset was our holy paladin getting one shot by adds because he was doing 30k healing [bleep]es on the tanks and we had a feral druid on the tanks. eventually corrected that by having the healers stood right behind the anub'arak tank so that the adds have a frost patch aswell as another tank there to pick them up if needs be.

tifsdac6mc.gif

my server's PvE is DEAD. All this means is that I'm going to have to spend 15 quid to transfer when IC comes out, but its annoying nonetheless.

Tk5SF.png

Hey can somebody suggest a server/guild for me? I want to start to play the game again but I havn't got very far last time so I decided to start a new toon. Can somebody recommend an active PvE server based on EST timezone? I am looking for a social/casual guild too who doesn't force people to raid in order to stay in the guild. So any suggestions? :smile:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Grr... Anybody have any advice for ToGC25 Northrend Beasts? 2/3 the time our tanks die at the end of phase 1. We're going with 2 tanks, and one tank usually ends up getting 4 stacks on him, and then he is either hit by an Impale swing + Impale DoT within .2 seconds, killing him, or a melee swing and an Impale swing in the same amount of time, also killing him.

Our guild has spent 2 weeks wiping on this guy (and when we do get past him, we end up wiping in the transition between Dreadscale and Icehowl.

If you have a couple of paladins, Hand of Protection works wonders for getting rid of the Impale stack. That's what we use in 10man HC. Then you get your tanks to cancel it straight away.

For the second phase Nuke down Acid Maw and just ignore Dreadscale, his enrage is fairly useless.

Icehowl is straight forward.

ToGC10 man progressions is going along now, two weeks in a row we've got to the faction champions. Beasts are fairly straight forward now, downed it this week with 30 seconds left in both Phase 1 and Phase 2.

do you guys 2 heal ToC?

i wish i knew healers that good... the three i thought who were good cant even keep up a decent team for 10 man XT HM

i let my sub expire, i dunno when i'll renew it

We got with 3 healers, although for Faction Champions one of them switches to DPS.

Need about 4-4.5k DPS average with 5 DPS to down the first boss, which is fairly easy to do.

I guess all we can do is keep trying. If Gormok doesn't kill us, half the raid gets sprayed with Paralytic Toxin right off the bat, wiping us. If we don't get killed by the first wave of toxin, too many dps stand in the poison clouds and die. If nobody dies, too many are frozen by the toxin, and can't dps, so Icehowl comes out before Dreadscale is down. His first Icy Breath then proceeds to wipe the 2/3 of the raid clumped up next to Dreadscale. More gear, and more practice, and we'll get it. And believe it or not, our guild has done 10 man heroic runs and killed him before.

BTW, love the new t10 armor models:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/tier-10-armor-sets-hd-preview/msg1571580/?topicseen#new

Ok, let's say I accidentally obtained a copy of this game and let's say I actually want to try it out... what server would be best to play on? And horde or alliance? I'm at GMT +1, for what it's worth.

Ok, let's say I accidentally obtained a copy of this game and let's say I actually want to try it out... what server would be best to play on? And horde or alliance? I'm at GMT +1, for what it's worth.

I dont think too many people here are playing at the moment, at least on the EU side of things.

I will be playing on Talnivarr - alliance once icecrown (thats a patch thats coming out in the nearish future) comes out. Its a decent enough server, well populated, and a pretty decent horde to alliance ratio

Tk5SF.png

Looks like the game is trying to save me from myself. The version I installed from the DVD is 2.1.0, and when it tries to patch itself I get an error.

Looks like the game is trying to save me from myself. The version I installed from the DVD is 2.1.0, and when it tries to patch itself I get an error.

did you not buy either of the expansions as well?

Tk5SF.png

Nope.

I have no idea then, 2.10 well over 2 years old iirc, I have no idea how to deal with any problem with version that old. If downloading the patch is your problem I'd suggest finding a patch mirror.

Heres one that seems to be for the patch version you're at.

http://www.fileshack.com/file_download.x/12514#

Tk5SF.png

I'm from England so my timezone is GMT, I suggest rolling on Frostwhisper, which is my server, since there really isn't any EU players anymore. I'm on the horde side if you must know. The current patch is 3.2.2 and you are on 2.1... so you got....

3.1.8 (?)

And I'm sure there are some patches inbetween 2.1 and 2.4 somewhere.

Yeah they take ages to download but to be fair, the game is worth it. Also something to mention, give the game at least until you start doing endgame things. Some people enjoy levelling so that won't be a problem but levelling up to 80 is a must as the game starts at 80.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Got the Violet Proto Drake a couple of weeks ago, realised i've wasted a year of my life. Not going to renew my account for a while, probably until Cataclysm although 3.3 does look good.

keen.png

3.3 does indeed look veeeeery good.....

I HAVE to resist playing though.

Tk5SF.png

Well, I'm level 7 now, doing minor quests and stuff like that. I did save up enough money to buy an ornate blunderbuss, but unfortunately I haven't been able to try it yet due to my writing job keeping me busy on Mondays.

:oops: I couldn't stay away. I renewed my subscription. Aion just seems too drawn out. I will play both for now.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

What class would hte wc3 warden be? :P

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

I would imagine a rogue of some sort.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Made some huge steps forward with my character today. I'm now level 11 (went to the hunter trainer for the pet quests immediately after getting level 10, the XP from those already put me halfway to level 11), and a journeyman in skinning and leatherworking. Just kind of exploring right now, heading in the general direction of Loch Modan. Getting a bear has made so much difference for me in combat that it's not even funny.