Nadril

The official World of Warcraft thread.

After like 5 deatths, i reached thelsamar(sp?)

Are you a dwarf?

I can't see how someone dies 5 times going to thelsamar, unless you fell alot.

And Ironforge is in Dun Murogh, not azuremyst. Azuremyst is the starting zone for the draenei, which is unavailable to trials.

22031_s.gif

So I can't afford subscription but I wanted to try this game out, friend has an accout he gets free time for 27 years for (Brother of a GM ftw?) and isn't using so lends it to me. Turns out he deleted every character on it and I'm levelling a Mage on The Maelstrom EU. No I won't change, this server is like 1:1 Ally to Horde ratio and the battlegroup is AMAZING (Cyclone and Rampage 2 best EU merged).

I'm loving it, 7 hours played and I'm almost level 28. I'm officer of a levelling guild which is brand new and everyone is really friendly. The GM actually trusts everyone even on low level accounts and it's great. Everyone loves achievements and since we are all mostly casual we are working on getting all guild achievements. We have some people doing PvP for levelling to get those achievements and some of us doing questing/dungeoning for those too.

I have to say it, but WoW is so much better than in WotLK. The way classes work, how you level, new talent trees, everything is fantastic. Except for level 85 balance that is [cabbage] :P Mages and priests are awful apparently. The guild levelling system is great and the raids look really top notch and I'm receiving good feedback from my friends who are still raiding.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

After like 5 deatths, i reached thelsamar(sp?)

Are you a dwarf?

I can't see how someone dies 5 times going to thelsamar, unless you fell alot.

And Ironforge is in Dun Murogh, not azuremyst. Azuremyst is the starting zone for the draenei, which is unavailable to trials.

Im a gnome

about the deaths:from the poison lands to Thelsamar

im on the Azuremyst realm :P

And why cant i tell anymore?

i had a conversation with somebody who wanted to help me out and after 5 sentences i cant speak anymore

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

For my fellow mount collectors (Red Dragonhawk sup), and for anyone who hasn't seen it yet or is interested, Wowhead's guide to every new Cataclysm mount.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

That's helpful, I seriously can't keep track of all these Stone Drakes, they all look the same to me. >_>

Not really actively going for mounts beyond Anzu and the White Hawkstrider atm. I hope they add in like... a 150 mount achievement, that would be something nice to work towards. I only know like... two people with 150 mounts. Maybe that's too high, then. Would be a nice FoS, I guess. ._.

And the new battlegrounds are great. Gilneas is much more concentrated than AB, so the battles are a lot larger, and even the people who fight on the roads help out, since the roads are all pretty heavily trafficked. Not much to say for Twin Peaks except that the aesthetics are a great change from seeing WSG over and over and over. WTB more CTF maps. Hopefully they'll distill all the BGs into just modes with different maps, but then you'd get people whining about certain maps favouring factions and etc (to a greater degree than people whine now).

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I think before Cata, and pre-Shattering (4.0.3) there were about 130 or so mounts total in-game, that's including TCG mounts. I'll have to check the exact number but I'm certain it was around there.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

75, and the 75-79 battlegrounds are kind of silly due to the 77-79 Cata gear. Mages running around with 35k hp lol.

Also looking at some of the comps that are being run, I'm feeling pretty good about Lock/Holy Pal. My 3v3 got switched up to a Lock/Ele Sham/Holy Pal (Shaman instead of Rogue, he rerolled) so that should be interesting. Way I see it bloodlust and getting dots up on 3 targets easy is going to be real nice.

Any locks here PvP @85 able to say how you're doing so far? I know holy paladins are [bleep]ing OP as balls (pretty much every decent comp has one it seems) so at the very least that'll be easy to deal with. I also know that locks have always been good, and I'll most likely end up doing affliction after all for arenas.

Kind of mad though I found out today that SoTA is a rated bg. WHY? It is the most imbalanced, boring trash map ever. Vehicles suck and there is a bug where every now and then you can attack enemy tanks before the game even starts. Just a stupid battleground.

Mages and priests are awful apparently.

What? From what I understand Mages and Feral druids are ridiculously overpowered in PvP currently. Priests are garbage tho, you're right on that one.

Oh yeah, mages are great in PvP at the moment, but they aren't OP. In PvE mages are "terrible" however recently I've actually seen mages put out some decent damage as frost using Frostfire Orb, Brain Freeze with Frostfire Bolt, Deep Freeze (100k crits lolling) and Frostbolt spam. It's just fire and arcane aren't good for PvE yet but it's supposed that fier will be better late expansion.

Priests are awful at healing though now, they are just broken, PvE or PvP. Shadow is amazing for both though, in PvP they don't die :(

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Feral druids have always been OP if they're played correctly iirc.

I'm planning on rolling an affliction/destro worgen lock for pvp (altready started it, like lvl 11 lmao). I'll get it to 85 once I max my pally (5 mil to go)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

No they haven't? lol

No they haven't? lol

Dunno about pvp, but in pve they can crank out some insane dps if played well. I suppose you were only referring to pvp though...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

No they haven't? lol

Dunno about pvp, but in pve they can crank out some insane dps if played well. I suppose you were only referring to pvp though...

Yeah I don't care about what goes on in pve.

e:

1128598578_fyf9N-L.jpg

Sorry for double post but

I've gotten 60% through level 77 today purely doing battlegrounds. In a bit over 2 hours /played so far. Who says battlegrounds aren't good XP? :P

Also already have 2000+ honor saved up.

Sorry for double post but

I've gotten 60% through level 77 today purely doing battlegrounds. In a bit over 2 hours /played so far. Who says battlegrounds aren't good XP? :P

They weren't.

Except for back before they nerfed AV exp, and you could do 70-80 in about 2 days, at 150k exp per bg.

Tk5SF.png

before the AV nerf it was 20k per tower and winning gave 150k (AV weekend)

i lvled my warr that way. 72-80 in one afternoon. that was back when 80 was included in the bracket. a guild of 80s basically won the game for us over and over

So my time ran out on Friday, I go on the WoW website today and see the 10 day Cataclysm trial. I figure I have a week till my friends start coming home and its 10 days of free time so why the hell not. Cranked out to 1 xp to 81 (trial has limitations) in about an hour or so then decided to start working on Merrymaker. In the 80-84 bracket, in every game, I'm top damage and killing blows. Against 84s... WAT? 80 twink anyone?

So my time ran out on Friday, I go on the WoW website today and see the 10 day Cataclysm trial. I figure I have a week till my friends start coming home and its 10 days of free time so why the hell not. Cranked out to 1 xp to 81 (trial has limitations) in about an hour or so then decided to start working on Merrymaker. In the 80-84 bracket, in every game, I'm top damage and killing blows. Against 84s... WAT? 80 twink anyone?

The highest your level the more crit rating you need per crit % etc. Which is why DPS doesn't change a huge amount on the way to 85 and even goes down in some cases from 80.

People are gearing up more and making a mistake in a heroic is more forgiving than it was a week ago, thank god. Waiting until tomorrow to buy my last volatile earths for hardened elementium bars so I can get 525 engineering :D

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

OK, something that's been bothering me for a while, but for many things that (I assume) are new models and textures (for example, the wyvern wings on the Org Flight Trainer for some reason) appear incomplete, either with a bright green skin that burns my eyes (on NPC's), or as a blue and white checkered cube (for objects).

How the hell do I fix this problem <_< ?

Oh and P.S. Silverpine Forest is amazing. It makes SFK even more satisfying when you complete it, coupled with Cromush yelling "FIX HER!!!" at the end of the zone made my day.

22031_s.gif

When I go above "fair" graphics I can't see the surface of water and just see all the plants/fish as if they were just growing on land.

Just got my first epic bracers from Uldum reputation along with my camel mount. Also have my engineering tanking goggles enchanted with my Earthen ring tanking enchant. Next up is exalted Dragonmaw for the epic boots.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

OK, something that's been bothering me for a while, but for many things that (I assume) are new models and textures (for example, the wyvern wings on the Org Flight Trainer for some reason) appear incomplete, either with a bright green skin that burns my eyes (on NPC's), or as a blue and white checkered cube (for objects).

Bright green skin sounds like file corruption or a graphics issue. The blue 'n white cubes are used as placeholder models on the beta server...no idea why you're seeing those. It sounds like you might indeed be suffering from file corruption. Tried running the repair tool yet?

Bright green skin sounds like file corruption or a graphics issue. The blue 'n white cubes are used as placeholder models on the beta server...no idea why you're seeing those. It sounds like you might indeed be suffering from file corruption. Tried running the repair tool yet?

Well, funny story that just happened....

I tried logging in, and it told me that it was downloading non-critical updates, no biggie there, maybe a hotfix or something?

Then I was playing around as a worgen. I was trying to buy a recipe, but it didn't allow me for some reason, so I exited game and retried.

When i tried logging in again, it tells me I need to make space for 200 mb more of data <_< on my hard disk. I thought 60 gb would be enough, but nope, it aint. Looking through my programs, I only have two programs that are over 1 gb: itunes at 5 gb and WoW at (wait for it...) 1 gb. Im seriously wondering how the hell I filled up a 60 gb hard disk by just playing WoW for a bit with no other big applications. I tried deleting some stuff, but that got me reduced to around 50 mb more needed, and I couldn't delete any more items. Tried deleting one more program, and somehow my memory needed jumped up to 200 mb again. restarting reduced back to around 56 mb needed. I thought it would be some extra files or something in my WoW folder, but after deleteing some character info on some characters I dont use, and repairing, it jumped up to 80 more needed. Now I deleted everything but the bare essentials, and I still need some more space.

I know this is supposed to go in tech support, but I'm thinking some WoWies could help me more.

EDIT: now it's up to 106 mb needed, just from entering tip.it *sigh*.

22031_s.gif

Wow needs about 30gb of hd space. Try running ccleaner to clear out cache stuff, should free some hd space.