Nadril

The official World of Warcraft thread.

Progression raiding is definitely more exciting than seeing the dumbed down LFR content. Of course, there is always a casual approach to any game, if you compared blue gear to Runescape it would be like walking around in rune armour and trying to Nex. There is always a hardcore crowd who strives to be the best. 

Low_C.png

To each his own.

That being said, this has to be the only RPG game ever where you wish you didn't level up.

If you don't level in dungeons then you don't accumulate gear to level in future dungeons.

In fact at level 80, I managed to level myself out of dungeon finder.

How?

Well it told me that I need 180 inventory level (lol blizzard) and I only had 175.

So what gear was below 180 you may ask?

Only two things, the trinkets.

Yeah that's right trinkets, the trinkets... holy shit....

What trinkets did I have?

Well, I had one that removed CC and one that gave me and extra melee attack.
Very nice and scale with level.

Did I find anything better in my travels up to 80, [bleep] no?

So, I had to buy something useless at the auction house just to get back into the dungeons only to get one shot because of the ridiculous difficulty spike from lich king to cataclysm in NORMAL DUNGEONS.

Good thing I'm only buying 1 month membership cards at a time.

When I hit a wall I'm out.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Quests should give you good enough gear to advance through levels, hell even dungeon quest rewards should keep your ilvl sufficient. WoW is based around total gear score. 

Low_C.png

I do quests.

I end up 10 levels higher than zones I'm in.

I have to hurry and run dungeons to get gear for the dungeons I can play.

Now raid finder is the same BS.

I just can't understand how WOW can be so popular.

They can't even do the basics of role playing games right.

You have one level system.

Not two that [bleep]s you over at every turn.

Thank god I'm almost 90 and there is a cap.

Maybe I can train some pets or work on my professionals without leveling out of the game.

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Quests should give you good enough gear to advance through levels, hell even dungeon quest rewards should keep your ilvl sufficient. WoW is based around total gear score. 

They do, but then you get the problem of people like me, I'm almost level 80 (I don't play that much) from dungeons and questing and in all honesty, I don't know anything a seasoned player would know. One of the reasons I try to avoid any group things outside of the dungeon queue, its gotta be frustrating, I also do not know half of the jargon that gets thrown around. :P

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Join a guild with a TS and ask lots of questions. Learn your class and your roll and ask for help on how to improve. 

I haven't played since WoTLK but I remember doing battlegrounds while leveling was similar tactics to dungeon queues, so if you got a good guild with a TS you can ask them to queue up with you and give you advice on how to play your class.

Progressed to 8/14 Normal SoO raiding so far. Really enjoying progression raiding with a guild. I didn't think i would enjoy scheduled gameplay but we're only raiding 2 nights 3 hours a night with 3rd day tentative. 

Low_C.png

Timeless island was a disappointment.

It's balls hard.

Can't see how anybody thinks your supposed to get good gear from that unless you already have it.

However, that being said, I discovered PVP gear was damn good and easy to get.

It's a huge step up from what you can get in dungeons.

I made the mistake of buying some crap on the AH when I should have went straight to PVP.

It's definitely what you want to do after you hit 90.

Golvellius.png

you can easily outfit yrself in all the gear you need if you don't mind dying a few times.

run around the island a few times, picking up all the moss-covered chests you can find, get the three weekly chests (the one on the ropes, the one on the pillars, and the one at the very tippy top w/the crane statue. do yr best to not fight rares on yr own, most people will announce them in chat. get the one time chests in the cave w/zarhym, the two chests at the yaungol camps, the spelurk cave, etc.

the only mobs that should really give you trouble are the steam guys, the snakes and the second tier of yaungol dudes, all easily avoidable.

either save the coins you get for a weapon or use them opening up kukuru's chests for more gear and some burdens of eternity.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Blizzard released the Pre-purchase for the next expansion Warlords of Draenor. If you pre-purchase for $49.99 you receive a level 90 character boost from level 1 that you can use as soon as you pay through the battle.net store. Those who wish to try out the game or return will be given a toon with 483 ilvl and you will be spawned on the timeless isle with artisan flying and the ability to jump strait into raiding. 

Low_C.png

...think it will be released in 4th quarter of 2014...the lvl 90 boost is somewhat pointless to existing players..but I guess it does make a fair incentive for people to try it out.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

Alts are pointless?

Low_C.png

I knew it was only a matter or time before Blizzard removed my game mode (LFR) and told me go raid with the elistest.

You can see over at wowhead that they are removing LFR at the start of the expansion and then bringing it back at some later undetermined date as a tourist mode with no gear.

/unsub

The only mistake I made was buying the WOD expansion so I could mess around with another 90 character.

This is like the twink thing all over again. Twinks aren't legitimate PVP, LFR isn't legitimate raiding.

Kiss my ass Blizzard.

Your game gets boring fast and your community is nothing but elitist trash. 

I dare them to remove PUG PVP and tell them go play in premades with the "all-stars".

Golvellius.png

LFR is still intact, they're removing tier gear from LFR... Not sure how that equates to them removing it entirely. 

and 

two youtube vids by mikepreachwow detailing the changes and the misconceptions to LFR in the coming expansion. 

Oh, and LFR has never been legitimate raiding.. The gear is 528 if completely upgraded it is 536. The new season 15 PVP gear is 550 which is already higher and better in any PVE environment due to Mists of Pandaria's new itemization. Flex gear is 548 completely upgraded, Normal is 553/561 respectively. Normal can now be cross realmed with Oque or Openraid meaning it is now easier than ever to pug for 553/561 gear. 

Blizzard will never make LFR "legitimate". 

Low_C.png

What illusion?

That WOW was a game with great replay value.

Yeah... I guess that was dispelled.

I played LFR and I liked it enough to sub and stick around long enough to get a tier set.

Since that's gone, then I see no reason to sub.

I'll probably buy a month of playtime next year just to see WOD (if I remember).

As for the loremaster goal, I just couldn't bring myself to do the all the zones in cataclysm.

The storylines are just so boringly stupid...

Such a horrible expansion.

Glad I quit back in Wrath.

WOW a 5 out of 10 star MMO with 7 million subscribers... I'll never get it.

Golvellius.png

probably because the competition are sub 5 at best. 

Low_C.png

Ended up in a guild with somebody named Tranquil, lol

bGum9Bz.png

Is anyone else hyped for Warlords of Draenor? Patch 6.0 hits in 2 weeks, they're adding the new player models, stat squish, new raid format, and an updated 5 man Upper Blackrock Spire. 

Low_C.png

I thought they weren't releasing it until November.

Not that I really care.

I was only going to play LFR and since I'm not considered a legitimate player by Blizzard and it's community then they don't have to worry about me being a paying customer.

Golvellius.png

I tried that game and bought an extension for 20 bucks or so. I played to level 40 and didn't like it. Its more repetitive than Runescapes agility skill.

Can't believe theres no hype for Warlords. 

Low_C.png

Mostly because this forums dead. But I'll be playing WoD tonight 

• Like 1

I plan on leveling tonight, you're welcome to add me if you'd like. Lowc15#1495 is my Battletag.

Low_C.png

XtuARPC.png

Warforged + tertiary + socketed, what are the odds

WoW reached 10m subs as of launch. With the 5 dollar sale for 1-90 content and free 30 days i could see them pushing 2012 numbers. The expansion is enjoyable thus far. Raiding and Pvp opens this coming tuesday, after i play that content i'll decide if i continue subscribing but i believe its worth it so far judging by the content they've released so far. 

Low_C.png