1-99 Hunter in Three Weeks! ::PICTURES UPDATED::

Coandca5

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some people will play for 48 hrs+ nolifing, 6 hrs is nothing for some people.

Proud Ubuntu User!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Scott Adams

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.-Emo Phillips

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png

• 4 weeks later...

I am very new to this hunting thing so I could be completely wrong on this.

You get 250xp using a net trap to catch penguins. Chinchompa you get less than 200xp. Why is catching Chinchompa faster xp? I did both and I couldn't seem to get a break from constantly catching penguins. On the other hand, box traps were a pain to setup. They kept going off and catching nothing. The net traps require no bait or torching! Ofcourse I have no idea what to do with the penguins once I catch them but who cares? I am going for xp. Am I missing something?

• 1 month later...

Not sure if any of these have been mentioned, but...

You could add Orange Salamanders for higher levels. You may not make any money, but it's around 90k exp an hour.

Grenwall are an alternative to Red Chins - Slightly less exp per hour but a lot more cash. You make around 200m (I believe) getting to 99 on them. I know I made about 6m from 87-88 (well, I will whenever I finish :rolleyes:)

Also, for anyone who's interested, the best place to hunt Implings is Mos Le'Harmless. Easily.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

You could add Orange Salamanders for higher levels. You may not make any money, but it's around 90k exp an hour.

Grenwall are an alternative to Red Chins - Slightly less exp per hour but a lot more cash. You make around 200m (I believe) getting to 99 on them. I know I made about 6m from 87-88 (well, I will whenever I finish :rolleyes:)

Also, for anyone who's interested, the best place to hunt Implings is Mos Le'Harmless. Easily.

I didn't find orange salamanders worth it considering the use of waterskins. I'm going to post a link to a grenwall hunting guide because I have no frigging clue on how to do it.

Coandca5.png

99Defence.png99Hitpoints.png99Range.png99Attack.png99Strength.png

[hide]

I didn't find orange salamanders worth it considering the use of waterskins. I'm going to post a link to a grenwall hunting guide because I have no frigging clue on how to do it.

[/hide]

Not so bad if you have the enchanted water tiara after Dealing with Scabaras methinks, but yeah, I found that annoying too. I hate anything to do with the desert, but I just mentioned it since I figure some people don't mind it as much as I do.

And alright. Also, now it's crossed my mind, Red Salamanders are an alternative from 60 (or 59, I personally say 60 since you can set four traps) to 80. Chinchompas REALLY aren't worth doing straight away in my opinion. D: Such slow experience and money.

And Roflcoptor: I know someone who got to level 94 in less than a week. :P Some people just don't stop.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

[hide]

[/hide]

Not so bad if you have the enchanted water tiara after Dealing with Scabaras methinks, but yeah, I found that annoying too. I hate anything to do with the desert, but I just mentioned it since I figure some people don't mind it as much as I do.

And alright. Also, now it's crossed my mind, Red Salamanders are an alternative from 60 (or 59, I personally say 60 since you can set four traps) to 80. Chinchompas REALLY aren't worth doing straight away in my opinion. D: Such slow experience and money.

And Roflcoptor: I know someone who got to level 94 in less than a week. :P Some people just don't stop.

About the to 94 in less than a week, go back in the thread. I was around when hunter, construction, farming and slayer came out and goddamn people trained those skills wayyy faster the day- week of the release than they do now. If you go earlier in the thread, people were saying 99 in 2 weeks (Thread title at the time) was impossible, but within 4 days of the release someone had 99. It's ridiculous, I play maybe 6 hours a day on weekdays, and that's extreme. Also, I despise the desert. ABSOLUTELY HATE IT. If I don't have to go there, I never will. Red salamanders are fast, but I found chinchompas to be better in the long run because of the profit (I was the poorest person ever at the time i wrote this guide.)

Coandca5.png

99Defence.png99Hitpoints.png99Range.png99Attack.png99Strength.png

• 4 months later...

1-99 Hunter in three weeks only proves to me that someone spends all day and night in front of the computer playing Runescape.

Too many people tend to forget that Hunter can be used as sort of a prerequisite for Ranged. Once you get 99 Hunter you may as well go for 99 Ranged.

Hunter is for many much quicker than Fishing and I will probably go concentrate on that skill next after I get Defense to 99.

I was thinking of doing Red Salamanders to 80 Hunter because I want to use five traps for red chins, not four. I heard that Red Salamanders give anywhere from 40k to roughly 60k xp per hour, which is fine for me.

For Red Chins I heard it was around 60k-100k xp per hour. If that is so then I will go ahead and train Hunter soon. I've neglected the skill for several months now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping the oled thread but I am just starting hunting now.

Question I had is - should I use spirit familiars to boost my hunting lvl? If it is a considerable help then I will use them all throughout until red chins at least.

For sure, grab a few arctic bears, they do make a difference.

No spot locations on minimap, to show precise traplaying, bad text/picture collisions on the thread, not v organized looking either. No detail on certain xp rates, alternatives, etc.. No reasons why you should do red chins instead of x things aside from "You get 99 range or a ton of money!!11". I don't like this guide at all :|.

553VriC.png?1

No spot locations on minimap, to show precise traplaying, bad text/picture collisions on the thread, not v organized looking either. No detail on certain xp rates, alternatives, etc.. No reasons why you should do red chins instead of x things aside from "You get 99 range or a ton of money!!11". I don't like this guide at all :|.

Keep in mind, this guide was written in '07, and the standards for guides were much lower.

Keep in mind, this guide was written in '07, and the standards for guides were much lower.

Duefully noted. Hoping someone updates this or writes a new guide.

553VriC.png?1