The Best F2P Combat Guide (all levels)

Zaaps1

I'm currently experimenting at Ankous, still can't find anything though.

I'm trying to see if it is better to bring trout/salmon or pike to the SoS.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=D> , ultimate Sos-guide anyone?

Very nice Zaaps. Looks like I'll have to head down there again sometime...

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Very nice Zaaps. Looks like I'll have to head down there again sometime...

Thank you. Hope you find it to your best interest.

I found a safespot at lvl 4 at a chamber with Ankou's and Skelettons, add Xanotex i'll show u.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

I found a safespot at lvl 4 at a chamber with Ankou's and Skelettons, add Xanotex i'll show u.

Can you please take a picture? I'm mining right now.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=3343035#3343035

The Ankou safespot appears in this post, the spot is on the south wall of the south room, close to the entrance. It is highly defensible, with a wide field of fire, though occasional pop-outs may occur if your target is not in clear range. You may be forced to eliminate the occasional skeleton, even if specifically taking on the Ankou - it's faster than trying to dodge them.

Worked well, the spot is about 95% safe - unless one enters the spot while you are out to take a drop, it is rarely challenged. There are also enough Ankou in range that two players can stack on the same safespot without compromise.

The Northeast room has cover spots that are frequently challenged, and only work when they are non-aggressive.

Main Ankou drops, other than the sceptre piece (F2P drops) are:

Law runes, coins (various), Noted ess, Noted mithril ore, Addy arrows

now I know a little bit about SoS (Sending out an SoS! Sending out an SoS!)

Lol, if my new pure gets badly hurt I'll send out an SoS!

anyway, nice guide btw, hopefully my pure could get in some interesting shape :/

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

now I know a little bit about SoS (Sending out an SoS! Sending out an SoS!)

Lol, if my new pure gets badly hurt I'll send out an SoS!

anyway, nice guide btw, hopefully my pure could get in some interesting shape :/

Lol, true that.

Made a few corrections here and there, but not of major importance.

Another point to make...

There are 3 ways to use the stronghold, and 2 of them are NOT training.

1. Training, with a bias toward the Minotaurs and Wolves over fences for lower level mage/range safespot training, and the auto-aggressive flesh crawlers for mid-level melee.

2. The boot run, getting through all the levels (without combat), to claim the best melee boots in F2P, plus a few other rewards, also opens up all the portal jumps for later.

3. Sceptre chasing, not too hard for higher levels, to gain the only 1-space teleport item in F2P, but for lower levels, it's the F2P equivalent of Barrows. Getting the sceptre on a lower level (so far , I've done a 34 and a 32) tends to result in awe from those who know how much of a challenge it is.

Another point to make...

There are 3 ways to use the stronghold, and 2 of them are NOT training.

1. Training, with a bias toward the Minotaurs and Wolves over fences for lower level mage/range safespot training, and the auto-aggressive flesh crawlers for mid-level melee.

2. The boot run, getting through all the levels (without combat), to claim the best melee boots in F2P, plus a few other rewards, also opens up all the portal jumps for later.

3. Sceptre chasing, not too hard for higher levels, to gain the only 1-space teleport item in F2P, but for lower levels, it's the F2P equivalent of Barrows. Getting the sceptre on a lower level (so far , I've done a 34 and a 32) tends to result in awe from those who know how much of a challenge it is.

I think I included all in my guide.

maybe instead of tele runes, you could use a completed sceptre. Closest bank from there is edgeville and/or the fishing spot.

Nice guide.

Also, people COULD collect a lot of sceptre parts and keep them in their banks so they dont have to collect them again.

maybe instead of tele runes, you could use a completed sceptre. Closest bank from there is edgeville and/or the fishing spot.

Nice guide.

Also, people COULD collect a lot of sceptre parts and keep them in their banks so they dont have to collect them again.

I guess, but would takes a lot of time, and would ruin the fun of the "mini-game"

nice guide 9/10

ummmmm.. what is the scepter?..

It's the new weapon that has is the center piece of my banner at the top of my guide. It's not very good, but can teleport you to right by the SoS Entrance. You get it by collecting sceptre pieces from monsters in my guide. Not all drop the pieces though. I stated in my guide which ones do.

Quick Note: The person you call "Litria" is really called "Litara"...

I would say more since I have given people help here and there regarding training like mad on Ankous, but I feel it may be overkill to drop it within your thread. :? ... Let me know in this thread via reply if you wish for me to compile it here for everyone to use in combination with the stuff you have provided. :D ...

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Quick Note: The person you call "Litria" is really called "Litara"...

I would say more since I have given people help here and there regarding training like mad on Ankous, but I feel it may be overkill to drop it within your thread. :? ... Let me know in this thread via reply if you wish for me to compile it here for everyone to use in combination with the stuff you have provided. :D ...

~Mr. Devnull

Of course! I am always looking to improve my guide. I'll change the name problem now, thanks for that too.

Nice guide 9/10, but why is fishing bait better than feathers? As I recall trout and salmon heal more, am I missing something?

trout- 7

Pike- 8

Salmon- 9

fly fishing gets you trout AND salmon. At low fishing levels, you will get more trout, so by fishing pike you get to overall stay longer.