Farming Circuit and General Advice v3

Cryptogram

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

swesome guide 10/10 =D> :thumbsup:

but might I recomend you use for insted of 4 and the insted of teh? it gets sort-of annoying :wink:

EDIT: tip.it made an april fools joke! t--he bcomes the, f--or becomes 4, h--u-n--t-e--r become hunter

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

This a very good guide, good info and well written and organized

You should add how to get some payment for the farmer to take care of Your plants i give u 9/10

add how to get some difficult payments and u will gety 11/10 :wink:

w00t!

.......The only use for the fruits is to hollow them out and store 4 measures of my Slayer's Respite in them......

Weel you could dump them in a compost bin in stead of hollowing them out, they turn into super compost, but with watermelons in every alotment, you have supercompostable items aplenty.

I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and yours. If you believe this add this to your sig. Dancing

martin_danio.png

Martin_Danio.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't thought of composting them, but I have over 1k watermelons which I use for that.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

• 4 weeks later...
this is a good guide

but y do u plant sweetcorn instead of watermelons?

I would need to spend too much time and money on watermelon seeds which are quite rare. Sweetcorn seeds are easier to obtain and never die on me.

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

Good point. Most of the payments are things that you are currently able to grow. Especially for the fruit trees as they usually ask for fruit from the tree that comes before it. You'll never be asked for something that you can't yet grow.

Now you are level 60, to plant a yew seed and get it looked after will cost you 10 cactus spines.

Crypto - Nice guide, but here is a thought about farmer payments. On my way to 77 farming, I did a bit of calculating and found that my trees die about 1 in 10 times. That holds for both yew and mage trees. A cost/benefit analysys will show you paying for your trees is a money losing option.

Yew Trees:

10 tree payments is 100 spines. According to the tipit price guide they sell for 3-4k EACH! That means you can let one in ten trees die and lose out on the 55-65k value of the seed, but save 300,000 to 400,000 every ten trees.

Magic Trees:

Magics are even worse at 25 coconuts each. It takes 250 coconuts to pay for 10 trees. Coconuts sell for 2-5k. That is a minimum value of 500,000gp to pay for 10 magics, and at the max of 5k each you are giving away 1.25mil, enough to break even, even if 10 out of 10 trees die.

Even with kingdom Manamement on Maples 100% you don't get many yews or mages, so you can use the money saved to buy more high xp yielding seeds. If you had the payment ready anyway, then sell it buy more seeds.

I am not a 'tree killer' and I do feel bad for my poor trees when they die, but looking at farming economically, not paying the farmers is the logical choice.

• 1 month later...
Good point. Most of the payments are things that you are currently able to grow. Especially for the fruit trees as they usually ask for fruit from the tree that comes before it. You'll never be asked for something that you can't yet grow.

Now you are level 60, to plant a yew seed and get it looked after will cost you 10 cactus spines.

Crypto - Nice guide, but here is a thought about farmer payments. On my way to 77 farming, I did a bit of calculating and found that my trees die about 1 in 10 times. That holds for both yew and mage trees. A cost/benefit analysys will show you paying for your trees is a money losing option.

Yew Trees:

10 tree payments is 100 spines. According to the tipit price guide they sell for 3-4k EACH! That means you can let one in ten trees die and lose out on the 55-65k value of the seed, but save 300,000 to 400,000 every ten trees.

Magic Trees:

Magics are even worse at 25 coconuts each. It takes 250 coconuts to pay for 10 trees. Coconuts sell for 2-5k. That is a minimum value of 500,000gp to pay for 10 magics, and at the max of 5k each you are giving away 1.25mil, enough to break even, even if 10 out of 10 trees die.

Even with kingdom Manamement on Maples 100% you don't get many yews or mages, so you can use the money saved to buy more high xp yielding seeds. If you had the payment ready anyway, then sell it buy more seeds.

I am not a 'tree killer' and I do feel bad for my poor trees when they die, but looking at farming economically, not paying the farmers is the logical choice.

Yeah, I'm beginning to notice this. My bush patches almost never die either (maybe 1 in 40). Good point well made.

• 3 weeks later...

This work has now been edited to include the spirit tree. ::'

• 4 months later...

Few comments about this:

1) Running from the CW to the tree gnome village patch is horribly long distance, so forget that and use the spirit tree later when you bypass gnome stronghold, so from CW you should just run to yanille hops patch there.

2) The varrock tele isn't necessary, again you could spirit tree from gnome stronghold to GE, which you can access the varrock patches from there.

3)A skills necklace provides a fishing guild tele which can save a ardougne tele runes and is nearer to the ardougne patch

4)You should include where you could bank and where you can avoid a banking trip in the guide.. for obvious reasons :XD:

8/10.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Few comments about this:

1) Running from the CW to the tree gnome village patch is horribly long distance, so forget that and use the spirit tree later when you bypass gnome stronghold, so from CW you should just run to yanille hops patch there.

2) The varrock tele isn't necessary, again you could spirit tree from gnome stronghold to GE, which you can access the varrock patches from there.

3)A skills necklace provides a fishing guild tele which can save a ardougne tele runes and is nearer to the ardougne patch

4)You should include where you could bank and where you can avoid a banking trip in the guide.. for obvious reasons :XD:

8/10.

1. Good point, I'll check that out.

2. I'll check this out too, but bear in mind there was no GE when this circuit was posted.

3. Yes, yes. But I also do the Jade Vine now and it's on the way. I've yet to add the Jade Vine into the guide.

4. Again, good point.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the post a bit. Reworded a few things and added the Jade Vine and an alternative start to the circuit. Thanks for all the comments so far. I'm very pleased to see more and more farmers along this circuit, and it's really good to know some of you are using it.

Please please keep the comments coming in. ::'

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: 10/10.

Great guide, i'm sure it will help the people who have managed to raise farming.

I just got 74 farming this morning and will start using this guide now (I just found it)

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Grats on the 74 farming Bobby :D

I hope the circuit helps, but if you have any new ideas, please share them here. I'm sure this can be improved. ::'