The Tale of Lokaria

Xewleer

Chapter 1

The rain is hard. You are traveling with a large group of people towards the only inn in sight. You are the last one in, Lokaria, strange name. Fortunately, your traveling companions are more interested in a bed than a tale and an ale, so you are able to find a comfortable corner seat in the inn, very close to an old man who is telling stories, both of battles and humor. Eventually, you are full of food and ready to listen. You laugh along with everyone else at the story of the League of Almost Superheroes.

Most of the children are asleep, and the old man decides to tell his most dramatic story. You feel interested as he captivates the listeners then begins his story...

"The world we live in is a world of heroes and villains. Long ago, though, there was one big villain who controlled all the other villains and fought all the heroes who dared fight him. It was long before he fell but, in the middle of his reign, he had two 'Hands.' One was his foremost general, who died the same year he conquered the world through sheer military brilliance that can only be horribly mangled in emulation today. The other was a personal friend who would die for him at a single word. This friend, indeed, died many times for him but was revived constantly in the now forbidden Resurrection Capsule.

It was in the middle of the villain's reign that his 'Dragon,' that is, second in command, left him for love alone. It marked the beginning of the slow end that was nearly a hundred generations long, and is still occurring not one hundred miles from this very inn..." You feel yourself nodding off, half listening to the words...

A dark, rather devious looking man, but not without muscles, is sitting on a throne discussing some new type of death-trap to another man, who listens and gives advise on placement. The devious one says that they already placed it, but is interrupted by a man rushing in. He was dressed in normal attire for heroes. Masses of weapons, some kind of object of power and a large, over-sized sword, obviously over-compensating for something.

"Your reign of evil is at an end! Black Master! Your time is up!" He said defiantly, posing heroically.

"No it's not!" Said Black Master. He then pulled a lever, where upon the trap door opened up one foot in front of the hero's feet.

"Hah! You shall have to do more than that to defeat me!" He leaped over the pit, as he was in the air, the second in command pulled another lever.

"Always have a spare..." The hero fell into a pit and a great pillar of fire shot up, incinerating yet one more person who thought they were all that. Black Master and his second in command started to laugh, the stupidity of hero's never ceased to amaze them. "Man, when do they ever quit... Captain!"

The Captain was a veteran from all the wars of the past fifteen years. Hard and tough, he was a dangerous man that few heroes could best without going through Training from Hell, twice. He was tired and had several daggers stuck to his back. He had made himself immune to most poisons in existence, so a poisoned blade was currently a moot point. "Master!!" He said, bowing as soon as he came in. "Forgive me! We are, even now working to fix the damage."

The Black Master wasn't perturbed at all by his minion's failing. The man had been the Captain for fifteen years after his tours of duty, and 'hero incidents' had been cut in half. He learned from his mistakes and was loyal to his very core, notable qualities his unfortunate minions failings. "I forgive you. You have found his entry point?" The Black Master valued and rewarded competent minions and his Legion of Terror knew his blessings were generous. This kept them loyal and competent. "I would prefer this never to happen again..."

"Of course, Liege! He used a shrink spell to get through the gates and then sneaked his way through the complex with invisibility spells. The contractor was late in getting the anti-invisibility shield to us and it wasn't up yet. It won't be a weakness beyond tomorrow. Also, we have sent orders to your engineers to ensure that no one ever exploits that weakness ever again." The Captain looked up, expecting some punishment, none was forthcoming.

"Very good, Captain. See, Dracon, this is what a loyal subordinate should be, loyal, but with plenty of initiative... I trust the soldiers are okay?"

The Captain's chest swelled and he gave his answers with complete confidence. "Only two deaths, two critically injured... and I've got a couple daggers in my back, nothing too bad." The Captain wasn't bleeding, they hadn't even scratched the second-chance armor he wore under his primary armor.

"Good. Get yourself taken care of, I wouldn't want my trusted Captain faltering when I need him most. Dracon, go assess the damage. Maybe you can see a few more flaws that need addressing. Let this be another lesson to us. With each attack we become this much more secure. Dismissed!" The Black Master got up and left to his private chambers.

As soon as he left the Captain heaved a sigh of relief. "I always worry when I have to report bad news..." Dracon just smiled and told him the story of the rather unintelligent hero.

"He was doing pretty well until he ran into us... Poor guy... double check the incinerator." He said, walking with the Captain towards the wall.

"Don't I always? Here we are... As you can see, he entered by shrink spell..." He explained the ins and outs of the door and the vulnerability that was now shown to them.

The Black Master watched from his window, his consort, 'The Black Widow', stretched erotically then grabbed him from behind. "Come on, baby... Guh... forget it... It's not like I have a choice in this matter... ever since you mind raped me into submission, I'm just glad I can still talk with some little freedom."

"Believe me I regret that choice every day. But don't worry, I'll soon tire of you and toss you out, removing the obedience spell, of course. You'll leave a little more used and angry than when I found you." He smiled at his mistress, who was quite disturbed.

"Don't you think it's kinda sad the way things are going down?" She said, finally pushing through his disturbing 'slasher smile.' "I mean. At least you have me, as brainwashed and harpy-tongued as I am... Wait... are you growing on me...?"

"I sure hope not... Are you referring to my dear Dracon's lack of any mate, mind raped or otherwise?" He said. It had been worrying him to. Albeit the both of them were, to nearly all circumstances, Nigh invulnerable and practically immortal, the Black Master once had a girlfriend, she was murdered. That incident was the reason he decided to be a villain. He then met Dracon and they rose to this height together. He was the master and Dracon forever his servant.

"Anyway. it's not healthy for him to have no girl. No real relationship with whom he can sleep next to in complete safety..."

"I hardly have that kind of arrangement now! Evil knows I can barely trust you not to stab me in the back!" He said in frustration. He sat at his desk and began to write memos, ignoring the woman behind him. Eventually, she huffed off. When she was out of the room he stopped and looked outside the window. People like her to fulfill his petty lusts were scum. She would be lucky to leave here alive if she continued ribbing him... He let himself a second of regret for his past then moved on to the present, reading reports and making comments.

He suddenly stood up. Recently, he had a vacation, but he had left Dracon here to hold the fort. Dracon had not had a vacation in nearly a hundred years. He needed one, whether he wanted to or not. He wrote several letters and called for a pile of cash. As soon as the latest upgrades are done, he would leave for a trip, wandering wherever his heart desires! Yes! The perfect trip for someone like him!

So, at dinner, they sat at the normal, small table. While eating, Dracon was briefing on the progress they had made that day. Normal, everything green, no other infiltrations... Boring, normal, nothing surprising. "Well, that's all good, but I have a surprise for you!" He snapped his fingers and servants began to scramble and bring out the gear.

"By all that is unholy, I hope it's not another bomb..." He stopped at the sight of what was obviously top of the line travel gear. "You can't be sane..." He paused again, as the full realization came in. "I can't leave!" He said, standing up.

"Yes you can! Captain is just as competent as you and everything is fool proof. If you want, I'll put the security to it's fullest, you know that we just let some of those guys in on purpose don't you!? I'll be perfectly fine!" He was smiling! Dracon's jaw dropped, a little stunned. Just as The Black Master had planned! "Quickly! While he's stunned! Get the gear on him..." He directed the clothing of his friend and they tossed him into a transport which quickly drove away to another part of the nearly world-wide empire.

Dracon awoke from his stupor and found himself holding a letter. He squinted at it menacingly then opened it.

"Dear Douglas!

I hope you don't find this too sudden, but I'm sending you on a vacation (as long as you want! :) ) with plenty of money and your favorite weapons. Of course I remembered a hood, my half-elven friend. You don't have to worry about me, already Captain is preparing the castle for the lock out mode that shall surely protect me.

You don't have to worry! I'll be fine! If you're bored and see some heroes, tell them about the power crystals, THAT should amuse you.

Your ever lovin' boss,

Roland."

He signed with his old name, and used Dracon's name as well. Dracon had to have a vacation... He sighed then got out of the now halted vehicle. There was an inn nearby. He flipped up his hood and walked in. Inns were notorious for heroes to gather to plot the over throw of the evil Black Master. Lokaria, strange name...

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spaghetti and meatballs (and I made it, pretty good cook I am... twas delicious)

Writing the next chapter. I'll focus on Dracon (Douglas) for now... in fact, that's all I'm focusing on really.

Spaghetti and meatballs (and I made it, pretty good cook I am... twas delicious)

Writing the next chapter. I'll focus on Dracon (Douglas) for now... in fact, that's all I'm focusing on really.

Me haz some spaghetti and meatballs?

Me haz Recon? (Special Halo 3 Armor)

Well, I guess not.

Chapter 2

The Lokaria was a dingy, bare minimum of upkeep ever lavished upon it; as tasteless a building as ever that started an adventure. He walked in with confidence, practically welcoming the stares. The patrons would see two things: One, this man was well dressed, possibly rich and famous, definitely alone. Secondly, they would see the saber at his side, as well as his stance, which would allow him to kill anyone not extremely skilled in a single sweep. Most patrons turned back to their drinks and tried to find oblivion.

The few brave, or stupid ones, either tried to stare him down or began to calculate how, if possible would they be able to bilk this well dressed man out of his money. Dracon felt a little kid try to sneak up on him. Humans wouldn't hear him, but he could. Suddenly, at the last second, he fell to his knees and turned around, staring the boy in the eye. "Nope. Try someone else." The little girl jumped and ran off. The gamblers and salesmen turned around, no money to be had here. One, however, kept looking at him.

Dracon ignored everyone and took a table in a darkened corner of the room. Most of the patrons were seated around the bar, where their fetid ale would come quickly and cheaply. The bar maid, who had seen better days some thirty years ago, came hesitantly up to take his order. Few people with his aura of power came here, and when they did, it was usually a precursor to a renovation, and not because anyone wanted to. "Whatever, I've got my own drink. Just bring me some kind of cooked meat. Preferably no blood and DEAD. Here's five Villeins" The waitress nodded and rushed into the kitchen to bring some of the meat out.

The one patron that continued to stare at him got up and walked over, acting all cool-like. He hoped... stood out like a sore thumb to Dracon. He was dragging with him someone. He passed by the light and it revealed a slave girl, but he didn't get a very good look. The man sat down across from him, the girl was a half-elf, crying. Dracon could tell that she was very fresh, as the ones who are in the 'business' of slave/consorts have this blank, accept anything stare that barely kept them from being considered the living dead.

Half-elves, however, are discriminated against outside of elvish and a few other provinces. They are considered fair game to slavers and treated only better than animals because it was against the law to deny them certain things. That was one of the reasons he was so loyal to The Black Master, because he kept Half-elves like him from a fate like her's. Fortunately, he was in a position to help her. Half-elvens, at least when they are not in mental anguish, can smell each other. That's what drew him here despite his pride.

The man was shuffling his feet. He was one of those thin, balding and liver spotted men you knew was evil at first sight. His hands kept rubbing and he kept a very firm grip on the girl's chain. "What say you, sir? I say that you are a rich man... looking for thrills in a place like this. You have your own ale, and plenty of money... these men barely earn five Villeins a day, much less spend them in one. I have a deal. A thrill at a deal that is... an unbroken maiden... you would be her first man. What say you then? Fifty Villeins for the night. Maybe you can buy her if she... tickles a man's fancy..." His hands began to reach for her. "Do you require a demonstration? I'm sure once you see her with her clothes off..."

The female began to struggle a little. Dracon could finally see the lash marks on her skin that tried to quell her spirit. "That won't be necessary. Let's say, for my very certain... interest... I have to purchase her for all time. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to giver her back..."

"Truly, the rich know more cruelty than even I."

"Which is more cruel? The cruel man or the man who sold her to the cruel man knowing what would happen?" Dracon took an air of aloof apathy. The thin man took up on it instantly, he thought this was a man who knew money and power. A little wheedling and bargaining would come next.

"Too true, too true. As you know... rare beauties like her... a one time use... that's rather expensive, for even a rich nobleman." He was looking slyly at where he thought he knew where the money was. Jokes on him, it was in a different pocket.

"Oh, now I don't know about that. You didn't cut out her vocal cords, did you? Takes all the fun out of it..."

The old man was offended. "No sir! She's pristine and *relatively* untouched."

Dracon smiled his evil smile. "Then what's your price... I am wealthy."

"One thousand Villeins" This number was a direct invitation for a haggling session.

"Please, you insult even me. Twenty times the amount for a single night? Three Hundred!"

"Eight."

"Three-fifty."

"Sir! It takes that and a half more to keep these bones together and to... further invest in my business."

"Five hundred then. Or does it take even more?"

"Hmmmm..."

"Five hundred fifty."

"Deal!" The man tossed over the girls chain and took the money that he was given. He thanked him profusely. Evil man.

"Sit next to me. In the darkness... where few can see us. Hehhhehehh..." He breathed into her ear. She made a funny squeaking sound at the strange tickle. A few of the patrons, the ones within hearing range, giggled at her discomfort.

Once they were thoroughly hidden by darkness, he enveloped her with his cape and whispered in her ear. "Pretend I'm feeling you up." He waited. Most of the drunks would focus of the strange noises that emanated from his cape, rather than the whisper in her ear. "I'm on your side. Touch my ears. Yes... I am a... But don't worry. I won't do anything either of us would regret..." She calmed down. She realized that her safety, even if he was just leading her on for his own sadistic amusement, could be very soon. If not... she just hoped it would be quick and painless.

However, one man had magically augmented himself, illegally. Among them were super-night vision and enhanced hearing. And he was certainly "You're a HALF-ELF?!?!" He said, half-drunkenly. "I DON'T LIKE HALF-ELVES!!!" He staggered off in the wrong direction, but he turned around. Before he got too close, the saber swished out and ended the drunk man's short, illegal life. But the damage was done. This time, Dracon adopted a great deal of bravado.

"I happen to like Half-elves thank you VERY much. And I'll skewer the first person who thinks that, just because I'm a Half-elf, I'm a pansy. So, who wants to test me. Ten thousand years too early! I could kill you all with a spear tied to my neck and all my limbs chopped off and bleeding to death! And live!" He said defiantly.

With a roar they rushed him. They began to fall as soon as they were within his weapon's reach. One of them slipped past him and grabbed Dracon's newest acquisition, holding a knife to her neck. "Die or I'll kill her!" He screamed. Dracon didn't even look and tossed the saber over his shoulder. It cut off the man's hand before cutting the man's throat. Blood spewed everywhere, especially over the female Half-elf.

He then began to beat them to death with his own two hands. Pretty soon, there were very few left. The survivors ran away. He grabbed the evil old man and strangled him. The bar tender, however, knew better than to debate with someone killing off his patrons, and stoically waited for him to finish. "Thanks for not destroying the place." He said, rather sarcastically.

"Have a hundred Villeins." Dracon said. He tossed the money on the bar and helped the girl up from her prone position on the floor. "Hey. Let's go, we have a long way to go tonight. What's your name?"

"Lexander. Name?" She said as he took off the last of the chains and retrieved his saber. He cleaned it with a rag.

"Call me Douglas. Once we reach the next town on my route I'll get you some proper clothes. But for now, content yourself with my coat." He walked out, shouldering his bag, expecting Lucrecia to follow him. Which she did, she had no where else to go.

"Listen, we need to ask around for my brother once we reach the next town, he's sure to be looking for me. Wait... did you really mean what you said... about freeing me?"

"Yes. Yes I did."

Meanwhile-

In another small town, one man held a larger, bulkier man against the wall with his left elbow. He had killed quite a few people, and their bodies lay in various, unfortunate positions around him. "A female, Lucrecia, was seen here in the company of an old man, know him?" He pushed against the man's sternum threateningly.

"YES! *Urk* I saw him pass by. Name's Teleh! Slave trader... mostly young women. Not many Half-elves. Was going Lokaria-way! Don't kill me!"

"Why didn't anyone buy her here?"

"Too much money! Five hundred is a lot after all!" The man let him go.

"Where's Lokaria?" The man, nursing a half-broken chest-bone, pointed in the correct direction. "I'll come for you... If I can't pick up a trail there... I'll kill you!" He yelled as he ran off. The bulky man slumped down until he was lying down. Then he remembered something. The kid had a red bandanna on his left arm, hidden in his crew-neck shirt. One of those rebels... that's a 100 Villein reward! He grinned, and he had just sent him to Lokaria! But first... to find a policeman.

bilk is a uncommon word meaning: to take through cheating, as in cards.

Ex. The crafty gambler was able to bilk the other players of their money.

Dear lord... I thought that word was common knowledge... and you knew what perturbation was? And I've used Bilk before too!

And what of the story?

Dear lord... I thought that word was common knowledge... and you knew what perturbation was? And I've used Bilk before too!

And what of the story?

Well, I got outsmarted at my own game lol.

Continue the story :D I'm very much interested.

And what of the story?

First, I must say... YOU GOT PWNED...

Ok, now with that out of my system, Druids FTW!

Ok, now really, Since I am the gamemaster... And I like my Druid (which Dragoonson controls :o ) Next quest will probably be in nature :D

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Chapter 3

The next town was reached without trouble. Dracon learned more about Lucrecia than he cared to learn. Though he retained a few tidbits that interested him. She was 54 human years old, because Half-elfs have great longevity, that was the same as an eighteen year old. Her brother's name was Troy and he had traveled a great deal, despite his twenty human years. He was human, through a quirk of genetics, Elves and humans together can only produce humans or half-elves, while two half-elves can produce, all three kinds. Dracon never knew that before. Also, she was traveling with her brother, Troy, searching for the lave gem when she had been separated and captured before her brother could reach her. She also knew the healing arts but had no combat ability. "Troy keeps trying to teach me... but I still keep messing up. He's banned me from all swords and axes. Pole-arms are sure to be next!" She said, laughing.

There was a great deal more, of course, but Dracon soon lost track of all the ins and outs of her family, various things she most certainly did not like and a lot more that might be important later if he could remember it. He paid for two rooms and they stayed the night at the local inn.

During the night:

Troy ran into Zokaria. The barman was sweeping up broken glass and organs while the barmaid checked the pockets of the dead for coinage. Troy, after rushing in, settled himself down. He sat in front of the bar and waited for someone to serve him. The barmaid finished first and hurried up to him. He reminded her of the previous patron... all cool and hot blooded, but dangerous when pushed. And he is indeed pushed, she could tell, better to make him happy than mad.

"Anything I can help you with, sir?"

"Yes. Old man, Teleh, selling a half-elf female."

The maid knew the story very well. "Oh yes sir! He's dead. And the female was bought by a rich noble or something. Then someone figured out that the guy was a half-elf. Then... well, you're standing in the old man's blood! And he ran off. Didn't see where... too busy running for my life, see?" She said the last bit sheepishly.

"So... she's in the hands of a sadistic, homicidal maniac...and purchased like a common... SLAVE!" Troy said under his breath. He got up and turned around, three guards had entered the room. "Don't get in my way!"

"You are hereby arrested for sedition and rebellion against our lord, Black Master!" Said the captain of the party. "Surrender or die somewhat horribly!"

Troy breathed out fiercely. "Forget this!" He put up his fists and charged the three men. "You'll die for getting in my way!" He headbutted the first in the chest, with such force that the man's heart exploded. The one next to him charged him, but Troy ducked under the man's hay-maker punches and punched, flat handed and upwards, sending his nose's cartilage in to the man's brain. He then punched the third officer's head so hard that the neck broke instantly.

Troy breathed heavily for a second, then charged off into the night. He soon picked up a trail of bloody footsteps. Two, in fact, both obviously half-elves. "I'm coming Lucrecia!" He breathed as he ran off into the night. He would kill that Half-Elf! Purchasing his sister! It was unforgivable!

Morning:

Dracon awoke an hour after the sun rose. It felt good to sleep in. He put on and collected his varied gear, preparing himself for the journey, and shopping, ahead. He had unpleasant memories concerning shopping with females. Half-elfs, having neither the wisdom that comes with immortality, nor the common sense of humans, that comes with the short life-spans, were horrible shoppers, it took years of training to get himself to be able to shop wisely, preparing both for the now and the future.

"Good morning! I thought a warrior of your caliber would wake up earlier!" Lucrecia said with a smile, she had been waiting outside the door. She was already wearing the gear he had given her yesterday night.

"Do you do this often? Well. Let's go. I saw an adventurer's shop next door. You can't go around wearing my gear. I need it for my own use." He said. He took a calm tone. She surprised him, thank goodness she wasn't a normal half-elf, probably the influence of her brother. "You know when your brother will come for you? Or are you just hoping he'll track you?"

"Hoping he'll track me! Don't worry! He's a pretty good guy! I'm sure he won't kill you or anything." She said with another smile. She was chipper in the mornings. Suppose it was a good thing he could take it. "I'll need..." She launched into a list of things she would need. She did know what she would need with no extravagances. YES!!! He nearly cheered but, he was probably overreacting. One shouldn't become biased from your own mother's choices.

The store was very well stocked. Dracon would have been interested had he not had better stuff already. Lucrecia had excellent taste, and soon had some very excellent acquisitions. He waltzed over from the barrel of sabers to pay for it when the manager came in. "We don't serve her kind here." He said, narrowing his eyes at her ears. "Get out before I have Trent here toss you out!"

Lucrecia was about to say something when Dracon clamped a hand over her mouth. "I'll handle this. I'll bring out the gear soon." Lucrecia took the cue from the tone of his voice and backs out. "Now then." He pulled out a badge. It was small and hidden well, it had a black sun with a grotesque smiley face in the middle. The universal symbol of a servant of the Black Master's empire. "Are you willing to sell these items now?"

The manager was completely frightened, those who imitated the badge died some of the most horrible deaths imaginable. No one forged them any more, too much fear. His stance and the fact that he was actually with a half-elf, only ensured his belief in his elevated status. He was still underestimating him, however. "I'll pay for it all, of course... unless you chose to continue to... obstruct me and my mission..." He said this menacingly, thumbing his saber.

The man gave him all he wanted to buy. Dracon walked out satisfied. "Thanks for taking care of it... did you kill them? I hope not!" She said, walking towards the inn. "I have to change, wait outside for me! Maybe sign us out or something." Dracon had already done so, but he was sure the hotel man would let them use the rooms again for a day.

Meanwhile:

Troy ran through the streets. Various signs, namely footprints, led him to the hotel outside. A man was standing outside, his head was covered with a hood, so it was hard to tell his features. "Hey! Seen a female half-elf around here?" The man was dozing in the sun, so he didn't quite here. Troy shook him again. "Hey! Deaf guy! Wake up! Have you seen a female Half-elf around here."

The man woke up properly and glared at him fiercely. "And what's it to you!?" He said, grabbing his saber. "You got a death wish for dealing with me like that?!" He was beginning to draw it when Lucrecia left the building.

"Troy! You finally found me!" She said, launching herself into her human brother's chest. He held her in disbelief, how'd she get that gear? It was very expensive. She left him and stood next to the stranger, who flipped down his hood and revealed himself to be a Half-elf. "He found me and saved me! Treat him well!" She was holding his hand!

"My name is Douglas." He said amiably, no trace of his previous antagonism or violence.

"Funny, I recognize you from somewhere else, under a different name perhaps... Troy."

The two stared at each other, both forcing their wills upon each other. A fire developed between them. They would have to have a reckoning soon, otherwise their aggression would manifest itself in more destructive ways.

And what of the story?

First, I must say... YOU GOT PWNED...

Ok, now with that out of my system, Druids FTW!

Ok, now really, Since I am the gamemaster... And I like my Druid (which Dragoonson controls :o ) Next quest will probably be in nature :D

I thought I continued it... Dang it, Guess I have to do it tomorrow.

Chapter 4

They arrived at the Varsuvius volcano after a day of walking. Dracon, known as Douglas to his companions, was still surprised how he had been coerced into this mission. He went with them because Lucrecia said she had a 'surprise' for him if he did... Tempting. What was more worrying was Troy. He was barely sane, and he was obviously a rebel with suspicions of Dracon's true identity. Goodness knows what you can learn when you listen to a human talk in his sleep. He couldn't leave Lucrecia in the hands of this borderline madman.

"So... we have to climb this intermittently active volcano... not what I call fun." Dracon said, staring up it's heights.

Lucrecia was very positive about it. "Not all the way, silly! We just have to get into that temple near the top! Then we go through it to the lava gem!" She then began walking up the volcano with the other two following. Troy had kept to himself most of the trip, thinking about how to kill 'Douglas' no doubt. The temple was easily reached. The volcano was a human construct, and an amazing feat of engineering; the unusual slope would provide that no lave would flow into the temple, or the path to it, unless there was a massive explosion. The pressure of the lava was carefully controlled so that it could never do that.

Dracon knew more about that volcano than either of them. Couldn't they see that this thing was just an elaborate ruse to give rebels hope before yanking it away? You can't make a volcano temple! He wanted to tell them that but he couldn't. They entered in.

The temple was still in good shape despite it's four hundred year age. Dracon had a memory going back five hundred years, and he knew that he was older than that, and remembered being on the team that created it of course. It was fairly straight forward, but very long and just plain hard to cross. A lot of magma and bats and a fire king, along with a small amount of fiery minions of a random nature stood in their way. Fortunately for the team, they were all easy kills, except for the fire king, they should be fine.

"Alright, if I remember from a book I read, the only thing we have to worry about are pit falls, magma rivers and the Fire King at the end. Everyone got it?" Troy nodded the affirmative. Lucrecia wasn't paying attention and was walking forward. "No! You're... Don't worry Lucrecia! If you follow the tunnel in front of you I'm sure you'll meet up with us toward the end! How do I know? I'm genre savvy! That's why! Genre? Listen! Just get on with it! Okay? Bye! Let this be a lesson to you Troy."

Troy was staring at him strangely. "Dracon."

"Yes?" No point of denying it. The logical argument Troy had had with himself had kept Dracon up at night and was quite sound.

"I'll kill you! My sister stopped me by her presence... but now that she's down there... we can talk plainly." He was drawing his sword.

Dracon brought out his saber. "How about a race-fight. First to the end wins. If Lucrecia shows up we stop."

"Agreed." Troy ran off as soon as the word left his mouth. Dracon ran after him. The human was an extremely powerful athlete, but he didn't conserve his energy. Well, it was entirely possible that he had the energy to go through without conserving...

Dracon picked up the pace. Soon, they were neck and neck, but also in range of each others blade. First they were swinging at each other, just to get the range and flow of the battle. Both their weapons were very close in length, and they soon ricocheted off each other and began to run across the walls. These were very jagged and rough, no big problems for defying gravity. They jumped back to the floor.

There were a great many stalagmites on it, most of them could be avoided, but Troy had his own way of getting through things. He, from somewhere, pulled a long, thin club, attached to a chain, and started to swing it, destroying a stalagmite in his way. Dracon felt a pang of envy as Troy tossed the club up and implanted it into the ceiling, he then swung above the lava pit in front of him. Dracon jumped onto the wall and then used his momentum to walk the wall before jumping. Troy was waiting for him. "I'm much more prepared than you are. How have you survived for so long? You must be what, four hundred, five hundred years old, if the histories can be trusted?"

"Something nearer to a thousand, but I could just be messing with your mind." He said, panting a little. The heat was starting to get to him. Troy too, by the look of him, and he didn't have the advantage of hundreds of years of physical conditioning. "The next stretch is monster oriented rather than lava pits. We'll have fun." Troy smiled, but his breathing was very ragged. "You gotta take care of that body better, you're not going to live more than fifty years treating it like that." But Troy was already running forward.

The first monsters were already heading towards him, they were also the first to be killed as he charged forward, wielding sword and club. Dracon ran up and took a slash at Troy, he blocked it with his club before leaping up and killing a Fire Orc with a single blow. They ran on, killing anything that would get in their way, taking potshots at each other. Eventually, Dracon stopped them, this was where Lucrecia would come up. They had completed the run in only five minutes, killing at least half of the monsters in the dungeon, but all that remained was the dungeon boss. Obviously, no contest would be had with the two of them fighting.

"Tie, I suppose." Troy was sitting down, he could barely stand. Heat and exhaustion had taken it's toll. Dracon had discovered that he had been on the go for nearly a week, and to keep up with Dracon, who was certainly at his current fittest, was simply amazing. He would have to ask Lucretia, some time, about his childhood. "When do you think Lucretia is going to pop up?"

"Minute or two. You alright? Lucretia won't have an issue, no monsters down there." Dracon said, he was feeling a little nervous. Centuries had passed since his last visit, who knows whether or not the monsters had stayed in their places.

Lucretia popped up from a trapdoor dusty and a little cut up. "I realized something while I was RUNNING from monsters and whatever else was pursuing me. WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS THROW ME A ROPE!?!?!" She said, very indignant and a little angry.

"Neither of us have any." Dracon said. Troy was struggling up. He was barely conscious by the looks of him. Lucrecia ran over and used a potion, pouring it into his mouth. She quickly checked his pulse and a few other vital signs.

"Again? You'll work yourself to death. That's it, as soon as we finish this mission you are resting, brother, and you aren't going to stop until I can guarantee to myself that you are able to work again." She looked him in the eye. "You understand? Doctor's orders!" She smiled at him. "What were you two doing? Racing? Beating on each other? BOTH?!?"

"umm... racing, actually. He suggested it. I can take the boss of this dungeon alone. Stay outside." Dracon walked through the door. Lucretia listened as yells, crashes and the odd explosion rang throughout the cavern. Eventually, Dracon walked out. He was a little scorch, but he was holding the gem proudly. "Brings back memories of my younger years!" He left the gem with Lucretia and bodily lifted Troy up. "SO Sorry to embarrass you... But Let's go." Lucretia wondered at the face of her brother, who was certainly not contemplating anything except physical harm.

I don't drink coffee.

Sorry for my absence. Real life is incredibly busy, and I've got more important things to do. (rather be here though, believe me!)

I do write intermittedly, I've got a character who I might introduce, but I am unsure of how to do it... or even whether to do it at all, but I've decided. I mean, Dracon has to get with the rebels somehow? Oh wait... was that a spoiler?

Edit: Also, I'm adding something you might enjoy: part of a day of guard training! But I am not finished with the chapter just yet...

ahhh... I've ruined my "1337" post count.