James Kanon's Story -Part Two- Now Added!

Hawks

This will be continued as parts are typed. Setting is Post-Nearly-Apocolyptic-World-Disasters United States in about 2080.

(Link to Character Sheet for James Kanon)

James walks silently along the deserted street, illuminated every few feet by street lamps. As he passes under them, he can be seen as in his early twenties, with slightly shaggy black hair but a clean-shaven face. He seems to be one you wouldnt want around your kids. He wears a black zip-up hoodie over a green T-shirt emblazoned with a dragon, and baggy black jeans.

He finally ducks into a decrepit, graphitized building. Inside it wasnt lit much better than outside. He nods to a man behind the desk, probably checking his e-mail on the state-of-the-art laptop sitting in front of him. James walks through to a second desk, once again nodding to the woman at the desk. He ascends the staircase and steps into another office.

James.

Yes, Alexander?

I have the information.

The agreement was an object, actually two if I remember correctly,

I cant get them! You knew that when you gave the objective! The police would have been on my tail for years!

That was the agreement.

Fine. One half the payment and you dont ask for more information or help.

Nein. One quarter now, one quarter on delivery.

Very well. The cash? Alexander asks as James pulls out a wad of cash, handing a few dozen Benjamins to him.

You should find these up to your standards,

Yes Alexander pulls a small folder from a desk drawer. This is all of it. I kept nothing on the computer, it cannot be traced to me.

James accepts the folder, and inspects the contents. Then, satisfied, he hands Alexander the rest of the roll.

Surely this is too much?

Perhaps. Consider it compensation for the past, present, and future,

Ah. I will be seeing you then.

Yes. Goodbye. James heads down the stairs and promptly exits the building.

He walks home to his apartment and opens the file to examine its contents more closely. Included is a holodisk, which he inspects for any sign of damage or corruption, then pops it into his prototype XG Hand Held 3.1. All it contained was a file on the subjects and

Whats this? he thought opening the strange file. It showed a GPS location, two actually. James couldnt believe his luck.

YES! he filed through the rest before locking the file up in a cabinet. He dug a bag out from under a pile of books and papers, pulled out another smaller bag, and stuck the handheld in it.

• 1 month later...

He left the apartment and got into his car. It was small and reminiscent of a Toyota, although those no longer existed. It was all a part of Americas Plan for the Future; they got rid of all established car companies as they were too corrupt and created new companies that were unfortunately controlled by the government. Many Americans were oblivious to that fact and continued to go about their everyday business.

James was one who knew the truth; a member of the underground resistance named Integrate. Their goal was to end the failing corruption of the United States and create new corporations following the ideas of capitalism and a global economy. They held a large amount of power over the government, and that was against their beliefs, but as soon as the ideal had been reached, they would step out and return to helping the world.

He was on his way to a meeting of the World Congress, a U.S. government-sponsored project that let any government speak about its problems, granted that it could get a representative to the Congress site in Washington, D.C. The U.S. would pay for some, but not all of it.

All knew the U.S. supported it, but few knew that the Presidents Secretary of Defense, who just so happened to be a member of Integrate, had originally suggested it The Secretary of State and Vice President were involved in Integrate as well.

When James reached the Congress, it was already in session. He took a seat in the visitors section, where you watched but didnt vote. A class of sixth graders was visiting as well, filling out worksheets on their school-owned tablet computers. He noticed with a smile that they were XG Industries XG Tablex 2.0, with the Schools Pack Add-On. While they werent expensive, he was surprised to see that every student had one, and the teacher had the MultiWatch edition, which let him tell which students were on task, off task, and done.

He shook his head a moment to return to the task at hand. The representative from Japan was protesting helping South Korea. He spoke in Japanese, but it was instantly translated and projected onto a large screen, using a holoprojector. James didnt bother reading the screen, for he spoke Japanese fluently among other languages.

The man spoke against aiding South Korea because they had been taken over by a triad naming themselves Urban Knights. This was unknown by those in South Korea, for the most part. The ambassador felt that this was a lie; people knew the triad ruled, they didnt need the aid, so he would vote against it.

The U.S. Peacekeeper stepped up and called for the vote. Of the Nations present, 57 voted yes, 22 voted no, and some 30 refrained from voting. James left as the vote concluded, hurrying off to where he knew he was needed now.

Parking the Stael outside a large building neighboring that of the FBI, he stepped to the door where a doorman opened it for him. His retina was scanned, his identity confirmed as James Kanon, 23, Head Designer on the XGAME Projects for XG Industries, Inc. He continued in, taking three elevators up and walking to his office. Logging the computer on, he e-mailed his boss and told him a meeting was needed. The near-instant reply was, Meet in Con 12.

James logged off the computer and left his office. In Conference 12, seven people were gathered. His boss, Evan Dansbourgh, sat at the head, while his coworkers filled the sides.

I have the information we have been waiting for,

Theyve been located? Evan asked.

Yes. With your leave I will find them.

Where?

Somewhere in Michigan, an area called Grand Rapids or something of the sort.

So you will take the Mag-Rail?

Yes. My company ID will take care of passage.

Then go. We will formulate the plan.

James left the building again, this time going into the Mag-Rail station. He headed to the ticket booth, showed the ID, and got the ticket to Michigan. He got into the Mag-Rail, which appeared as a normal train, although slightly more high-tech.