~Farming with Profit and Vinesweeper Guide!~

Lord_Shalaj

Farming is what people call a boring skill. Some call it hard, some call it slow, the end result being Farming is one of the few skills hated by the majority.

How wrong they are..

I can assure you, This will change your thoughts about the skill of Farming.

Contents

1.0 FARMING WITH PROFIT

1.1 Introduction

1.2 About the guide

1.3 Requirements

1.4 Getting Started

1.5 Herbs and Flowers

1.5.1 Inventory

1.5.2 Route

1.5.3 Tips

1.6 Trees

2.0 THE MOST EFFICIENT WAY TO PLAY VINESWEEPER

2.1 Getting Started

2.2 Terms and Tips

2.3 The solutions to major Patterns!

2.4 Conclusion

FARMING WITH PROFIT

"Money grows on trees"

=-=-=-=-=-=

Introduction

=-=-=-=-=-=

Farming is a bit complex at the beginning. However, after a few runs, you'll easily get the hang of it. If you're a person who logs in randomly for short periods of time every day, then this is most definitely for you! Apart from getting tons of easy money, this will also help you get the Farming levels up, no longer making it one of your lowest.

Herbs are your crux for farming with profit. You will make profit always if you follow this guide.

The best part of farming is that you hardly do any work! You plant, the plant grows by itself and you go and take the herbs.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

About the guide

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

What this guide DOES teach you -

~ How to make tons of profit and xp with farming doing only 10% of the work.

~ The fastest way to complete runs, and also the most efficient route.

~ Why you should farm and how.

~ The most efficient way to play Vinesweeper.

What this DOES NOT teach you -

~ How to start farming.

~ How to get maximum xp for farming.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Requirements

=-=-=-=-=-=

Quests required -

~ Eadgers Ruse

~ My arm's Big adventure

~ Ghosts Ahoy

~ Fairy Tales Part I

Skills required -

~ 32+ Farming

~ 40+ Summoning

~ 40+ Defence (for running past trolls)

~ 47+ Agility (for using Trollheim shortcuts and also for terrorbird/bull ant scrolls)

~ All the skills for the above quests.

Achievements needed -

~ Lumbridge diary 1, 2 and 3.

~ A basic knowledge of either Minesweeper or Vinesweeper.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Advantages/Disadvantages

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Pros of Farming

~ You can easily do any other skill with this.

~ Its fun!

Cons of Farming

~ It may be slow xp for some people.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Getting Started

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This guide teaches you how to make profit with 3 types of plants - Herbs, Flowers and Trees.

Your leprechaun should have -

farmg1.jpg

Firstly, before we begin, I strongly suggest you make a separate bank tab just for runs, which will contain the following things

farmg2.jpg

Herbs - The ones which you harvested.

Seeds - Those for planting

Ectophial - You will use this for your runs.

Explorers Ring - You will use this for your runs.

Baskets - You need this as payments to farmers for trees.

Pineapples - For making supercompost.

Axe - For cutting down your trees.

Buckets - For collecting the super compost.

Willow saplings - For planting.

Baskets of cooking apples - For payment to farmers.

Law tabs - So that you can runecraft your own laws.

Willow branch - You will collect these.

Tomatoes/Bananas - Payment incase you want to plant something else.

Spirit Terrorbird and its scrolls - for using during runs.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Herbs and flowers

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

As mentioned, Herbs play a vital role in giving you profit and xp. All herbs do not of course. Lower farming leveled players would benefit from farming ranarrs while higher will from snapdragons.

=-=-=-=-=

Inventory

=-=-=-=-=

farmg4.jpg

Herb seeds and Limpwurt seeds - For planting.

Runes - For teleing to different patches.

Ectophial and Explorer's ring - For teleing.

Axe - For cutting down your trees

Spirit Terrorbird scrolls and pouch - You will use them in your runs.

If you are 32+ farming but below 62, then you will be planting Ranarrs. They are good xp for your level, but get low xp after a farming level of 55+.

=-=-=

Route

=-=-=

Route for people who have terrorbirds and explorer's ring.

Trollheim

farmg16.jpg

1. Tele to Trollheim, climb down using short cuts, run to the stronghold, run to the patch.

2. Take 3 buckets of supercompost and seed dibber, rake, secateurs and spade from the leprechaun.

3. Pick the herbs, use compost as it is believed it gets better yields on this disease free patch , plant a new seed.

4. Before teleing, store the empty bucket with the leprechaun and store all your yielded herbs into the terrorbird/bull ant.

5. Use explorer's ring for direct teleport to draynor patch.

Draynor

farmg17.jpg

1. Run north from the cabbage field and you will reach the patch.

2. Pick your limpwurts, use compost, plant seed.

3. Pick herbs, use compost, plant seed.

4. Store all your empty buckets with leprechaun and take out 2 more supercompost.

5. Teleport to Ardougne.

Ardougne

farmg15.jpg

1. If needed, then bank, Ardougne has the closest bank with this method which is why it comes in the middle of your runs.

2. After banking run east out of the ardougne wall, then run north. You will pass the Ardougne mining spot, keep going north and slight west. You will reach the patch.

3. Pick herbs, store in bird/ant, use compost and plant seed.

4. Pick limpwurts, use compost, plant seed.

5. Store your empty buckets with leprechaun and take out 2 more supercompost.

6. Use ectophial to tele to reach the ectofunctus.

Ectofunctus

farmg13.jpg

1. Refill your phial and keep going west, past the farm with undead cows and you'll see the patch.

2. Pick herbs, store in bird/ant, use compost and plant seed.

3. Pick limpwurts, use compost, plant seed.

4. Store your empty buckets with leprechaun and take out 2 more supercompost.

5. Teleport to Camelot.

Catherby

farmg14.jpg

1. Head west and then directly head south, you will reach the patch.

2. Pick herbs, store in bird/ant, use compost and plant seed.

3. Pick limpwurts, use compost, plant seed.

4. Go bank all your herbs and roots, and then take out 15 Buckets (or take from leprechaun) and 15 pineapples. Store all your pineapples in the bird to make space.

5. Open your compost bin, fill all the buckets with supercompost.

6. Store your compost with leprechaun then store pineapples in the compost bin and close the lid.

-----

Route for people who don't use Explorer's ring will then put the patches in this order -

1. Trollheim

2. Ectofunctus

3. Draynor (Bank here as with glory this becomes the closest bank)

4. Ardougne (no need to bank now)

5. Catherby.

=-=-=

Tips

=-=-=

You will always keep Catherby last as this is the closest bank to a patch so this allotment is wear you make the super compost. I strongly suggest you make all the super compost yourself.

96+ Summoning players could use Pack yaks which totally make you require no banking at all. They have completed runs in 6 minutes using Pack yaks.

If you're good, then each run would take less than 10 minutes. I take around 7-8 minutes for each which gives me an average of 125k+ profit. 125k profit for 10 minutes work..

Many people don't plant flowers, but I do because -

~ They help in Herblore

~ They extend you profit by a great amount for something so easy.

~ They increase your xp, though slightly.

Trees.

As of today, there is only one tree that gives profit - Willow.

Willow trees can yield upto 6 branches each which bring you more profit and pay for the seeds as well. However you have 2 options.

1. Either you take the branches from the same trees round, thus extending your profit by 20k higher each and every round!

2. You can plant willow trees after every 3 days so you have collected enough branches to pay for the seeds. This method gives you an extra 16k farming xp every week but it it doesn't give you any profit. (does'nt give loss too.)

Willow seed: 4k

Willow tree branch: 892 gp each

Each tree yields 6 branches, which is: 892 x 6 = 5.3k

But if you keep taking branches from the same trees, you make an extra profit of 21k each run.

Inventory should contain -

1. Runes for Falador, varrock, Lumbride teleports.

2. Magic Secatuers

3. Terrorbird scrolls and pouches.

Route

1. Teleport to Lumbridge, run west of the Lumbridge guide to the patch, cut your branches, teleport to falador.

2. Run west into the Falador park to the patch, cut your branches, teleport to Varrock

3. Run north into the varrock Castle Courtyard, cut your branches, then run west into the grand exchange.

4. Use the Spirit Tree network to teleport to the Gnome Stronghold, run southwest to the patch. After cutting your branches, you can choose to use the Lletya tree patch if you wish.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

What to do while crops grow

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This is one of the best things of Farming. It allows you to carry on with another skill, task, game. Some of the things which you can do are -

~ Do a slayer task

This goes well with the crops as most of the slayer tasks don't take more than 90 minutes (some do).

~ Craft the runes needed for your runs and prepare all the items like pineapples, baskets of apples etc.

~ Train any skill you feel like training, also herblore with the herbs you harvested

~ Log out and come back later!

~ Play Vinesweeper for maximum efficiency.

I hope this helped, any doubts, please hold them for the end of my Vinesweeper guide just below. Finally, some pictures to show the profit and yield -

farmg11.jpg

farmg18-1.jpg

Profit from batch 1

Total -

farmg6.jpg

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Note on Deaths

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

You will have to learn to expect them, you will still make profit always. As you go higher, you get less deaths and higher yields from herbs. There are percentages that show the amount of deaths per 10 seeds, but I won't bring them here. Just bring a positive approach each run! :)

THE MOST EFFICIENT WAY TO PLAY VINESWEEPER

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Introduction

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Vinesweeper is easy to understand, easy to play and a moderate stage for farming xp. It is best played ALONE. Yes, alone. Playing with others has a lot of negative aspects as compared to when you do it alone. This doesn't mean you take an empty world. Play on the Vinesweeper world but away from the crowd.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Getting Started

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Note: This guide doesn't and won't explain how to start playing Vinesweeper. If its your first time there then, I suggest that you first play the famous game Minesweeper avalaible on your computer for better understanding. Also, there are 3 signs at the minigame in runescape that will help you out.

For Vinesweeper, you only need -

~ Spade

~ Coins (Take 50k for safety, but you follow this guide, you will use no money)

Familiars and Pets are not allowed.

It is advisable that you only play vinesweeper after planting crops, so it increases your efficiency. Also although vinesweeper combined with herbs, flowers and trees is the fastest way to farm currently, the mini game in itself doesn't give you profit, in fact the xp it gives reduces the xp you could get with herbs and make more money of course, But only herbs to farm is slow xp, so with Vinesweeper, you'll still be able to make above 140-150M+ money if you go for 99 Farming. (A certain player only farmed snapdragons and limps for 9 months, he started at 63 Farming, and after 9 months he was at 93 Farming and had made 115m money. He chose to make pots from that though.)

You can start Vinesweeper from any of the Leprechauns

People think that Vinesweeper is all about numbers hence it is not for those who are weak with maths. This is not true! With my guide, if you just keep an eye out for certain patterns, you will surely get the points!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Terms and Tips

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Terms

Cascade - A cascade is when you open up a large area on empty spots surrounded on the border by numbers. These are your crux to finding seeds.

Flag - A flag is used to mark where a seed is.

Pattern - You will face numerous patterns of numbers like 1`,1,1 or 1,2,1 etc.

Tips

~ Always take your own separate patch.

~ Clear the area from rabbits by feeding them ogleroots ALWAYS! Don't wait for them to head to your flag because if they do, your flag is gone.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Solutions to all major Patterns!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Cascades are mostly found at edges. But digging near the edges would mean you would be in close proximity to rabbit holes which is not at all desirable.

farmg12.jpg

So it is advised to dig near the fences surrounding the house.

Key to Patterns -

F - Flagged spot

X - Spot which hasn't be dug or Flagged

1,2,3 - Numbers

S - seed which has been dug up.

_ - Empty spot (comes with cascades)

--- - Fence

Pattern 1 -

1 1 1

1 X 1

1 1 1

This is the easiest of patterns and definitely the spot at the centre is to be flagged. At times you can get this pattern halfway like

-----

1 X 1

1 1 1

Almost the same. The answers are -

1 1 1

1 F 1

1 1 1

-----

1 F 1

1 1 1

Pattern 2 -

---------------------

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

X X X X X X X X X X X

Occasionaly when you dig at the fences, you will get a series of 1s. The answer is simple. The seeds in this area are at a distance of 2 holes away from each other. So that means if you know where the first seed is, you can then find upto 5-6 more seeds. So I strongly suggest you start digging up from the first seed to find the starting seed. So your first step will be -

-----------------------

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

1 X X X X X X X X X X X

Incase the first spot is a one, you dig the next spot

-----------------------

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

1 1 X X X X X X X X X X

Now remember what I said, all seeds in this pattern are at a distance of 2 spots each, so it means that the third spot contains a seed and now you can find upto 3-4 seeds using the pattern. So you will flag all these spots -

-----------------------

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

1 1 F X X F X X F X X F

Now incase you think that what if the seed was there in the first 2 spots? I still say you dig them up to know which was the starting seed. You lose 10 points if you dig up a seed, but around 75-150 points if you flag one. You lose 10 points on the first seed but make around 400-500 on this pattern.

Pattern 3 -

-----

2 3 2

X X X

I've seen people digging up a pattern like this and then saying ":/" or "aww, bad one". Those guys are missing like 300 points here.

Simple flag all the 3 spots, they all contain seeds.

-----

2 3 2

F F F

Pattern 4 -

-------

1 2 2 1

X X X X

This is another one people leave, as they don't understand the pattern. Simply flag both the 2s.

farmg9.jpg

-------

1 2 2 1

X F F X

Pattern 5 -

The most common pattern is the kind which comes with cascades. Any number formation which forms an "L" which the angle open to the exterior of the cascade has a seed. A litte hard definition, so I'll provide pics and patterns -

1 1 1 1 X X X X

1 _ _ 1 X X X X

1 _ _ 1 1 1 1 X

1 _ _ _ _ _ 1 X

1 1 1 1 1 1 X

farmg8.jpg

You see the "L" in the formation? The most important thing to note is that the "L" should be "open" to the outside, so the spot directly diagonal has a seed -

1 1 1 1 X X X X

1 _ _ 1 F X X X

1 _ _ 1 1 1 1 X

1 _ _ _ _ _ 1 X

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 X

If the pattern is like this -

1 1 1 1

1 _ _ 1

1 1 1 1

You could say there are 4 "L's in this, but they face the inside of the cascade so they don't contain a seed.

-----------

Always clear the area from rabbits. Buy atleast 10 ogle roots in the beginning, you'll keep getting more while you dig.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Conclusion

=-=-=-=-=-=

Following my guide, you can make from 15k-30k xp/hour with only Vinesweeper (not adding herb runs), so that means 1 hour of vinesweeper is nearly equal to around 6 herbs trips which take like 8 hours to grow.

This guide took me 4 days to write, and 2 weeks to collect data. Hope its useful. Now that I have finished my longest guide ever (took tons of effort), I'll be taking a break from making guides (depending on the response I get on this one, I may entirely stop too).

=-=-=-=

Credits

=-=-=-=

1. Lord Shalaj [ Didn't want to give him credit, but he forced me to]

2. Iron Faery - I cannot honestly have gained so much knowledge about the farming methods if it was not for this person. She, among few others, are the true masters of the skill of Farming.

3. Pure Xman55 - For clearing my queries and showing me the fastest route for herb runs.

4. Max2129 - For the price checks

Thank you :D

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Good guide, but I see alot of errors.

* Each run is easily possible in 5 minutes.

* Even with a pack yak, I would reccomend a terrobird for it's price, energy restore, and it's conveniance.

* Skills necklace for getting to the fishing guild, then farming.

* You don't need to overbank, really. I would bring all 5 Supercompost to begin, just for conveniance/speed.

* Don't forget that you can teleport to Catherby IF you are on lunar mage.

* Trollheim, ectofungus, Catherby, fishing guild, then Cabbage teleport is probably the best option.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

* Even with a pack yak, I would reccomend a terrobird for it's price, energy restore, and it's conveniance.

* You don't need to overbank, really. I would bring all 5 Supercompost to begin, just for conveniance/speed.

* Trollheim, ectofungus, Catherby, fishing guild, then Cabbage teleport is probably the best option.

Thanks for that.

* I usually take an average of 10 minutes, but people do it faster, even better :)

* The whole point of the Pack Yak is that you don't need to bank, so thats where you use skills necklace and explorer's ring (run recharges).

* I would have used a skills necklace, but you see, I always need to bank. (unless my herbs had died). So I prefer banking and running from there. I also plant limps which take extra 3 spaces.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Great guide. It certainly is useful.

You should, however, organize the guide a bit better with more colors and hide tags. They are very useful is big posts.

You may also want to mention growing bushes and cactuses, since they yield quite a profit also. (Cactus spines are 2k?) You also, like willows, do not need to replant.

* is probably the best option.

Thanks for that.

* I usually take an average of 10 minutes, but people do it faster, even better :)

* The whole point of the Pack Yak is that you don't need to bank, so thats where you use skills necklace and explorer's ring (run recharges).

* I would have used a skills necklace, but you see, I always need to bank. (unless my herbs had died). So I prefer banking and running from there. I also plant limps which take extra 3 spaces.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

My route is Trollheim, Combat bracelet(faster), Catherby, then Cabbage teleport, ectofungus, where I also plant mushrooms, then I go through the fairy ring, and get a slayer task after a little running.

Occasionaly, when I am doing a larger route for xp(all trees), I go to oo'glog, chartering a ship there from catherby, and then to part sarim.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

Actually, if you did My Arm's Adventure, you will know anyway :)

After you enter, go direct left. Keep going until you reach some stairs leading downwards, just north of the stairs is a door. Open it and head right. You will see a ladder, so climb it up. You will reach the roof with the patch to the north.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

After you enter, go direct left. Keep going until you reach some stairs leading downwards, just north of the stairs is a door. Open it and head right. You will see a ladder, so climb it up. You will reach the roof with the patch to the north.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

If I click on the ladder, it says something like 'I won't go up these stairs without a reason.' :ohnoes:

Proud owner of the Quest Cape since 31/08

M200.png

Quest suggestion: The Shadow of a Delver

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

If I click on the ladder, it says something like 'I won't go up these stairs without a reason.' :ohnoes:

That's your cue to do the quest ::'

I don't think that your route is the fastest. I start with Trollheim, then go to ecto, then tele to ardy. Tele to fally and bank at east bank(on the way to the patch). Then tele to cammy and you're done. It's not very fast to bank at ardy south bank, as there's also a northern bank that you could bank at.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

Banking at Falador and running to patch from there wastes tons of time. You would be better using an Explorer's ring for direct teleport to the patch. As I said, the bank closest to tele with this method is Ardougne, which is why it falls right in the middle of your runs. :)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

If you haven't done those quests, is this still the fastest/most profitable way to farm (missing out those patches?)?

Great guide, this must have taken ages!

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

Well My Arm's Adventure is very important for this route, as it gives a disease-free patch. Sure helps increase your profit.

Fairy Tales gives Magic Secateurs as its reward, which lessens the percentage of death and gives more herbs. You can do these runs without it, but you'll make less money. I suggest you use the Secatuers.

Edgar's Ruse is a pre-requisite quest for My Arm's Adventure. And you need the Trollheim teleport for faster access to the patch.

Ghosts Ahoy gives you the ectophial. It isn't nescessary, but it saves a lot of time. You could use Kharyll Teleport as an alternative.

And this guide took a fair amount of time to make :)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

I did quite a lot of herb runs, and I'm pretty sure the method I use now is the fastest.

Trollheim tele - run to patch - harvest

Ecto tele - run to patch - harvest

Deposit herbs in terrorbird

Cabbage tele - run to patch - harvest

If you have 3 or more spaces left, duelling ring to duel arena and harvest 3 cactus spines. If not, do this later.

Camelot tele - Bank - run to patch - harvest

Skills necklace to fishing guild - run to patch - harvest

Pick cactus spines if you didn't have inv space for that earlier. Glory to edge or duelling ring to cwars.

2dvjurb.png

Thankyou, this guide has helped so much. Looks like its quest time... :lol:

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

• 2 weeks later...
Thankyou, this guide has helped so much. Looks like its quest time... :lol:

Glad I could help :)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a note, you forgot that theres a tree patch in Taverly. You can get there many ways.

From best to worst, heres what you can do:

1. Tele castle wars, withdraw 1 Willow Log, use the balloon to Taverly (requires some quest like... Enlightened Journey? idk)

2. Put your house in Taverly and tele there

3/4. Games room teleport on Games Necklace

3/4. Falador teleport

Other than that this is a great guide =]

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Thanks for that.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

If you're taking ten minutes, you need to shave some time off. ;)

I can get my herb runs done within 5 minutes easily. You should never need to make a detour on foot to hit a bank during your runs, which is probably what's making yours take so much longer. Use a wielded ring of duelling for all of your banking needs, and you should save a lot of time. This is especially important since you plant limpwurt roots, which is probably the other big factor slowing you down.

Aside: it also makes the order of the patches largely irrelevant; however, I do Trollheim first because using up my fire runes frees an inventory space, it takes the most run energy to get there, and the Tool Leprechaun is placed conveniently on the shortest path to the patch (unlike the Falador, Ardougne, Catherby, or Phasmatys patches where he's off to the side). Oh, and if I were to get an unusually large harvest and run out of inventory space, it would really suck there most of all, so it's good to go with an empty pack.

Oh, and Kent is right to suggest a skills necklace; it's definitely faster than Ardy teleport. Also, save your images as .png, not as .jpg. Jpegs are blurrier. Finally, take exactly 5 herb seeds (and 4 limp seeds I guess) for your runs. Just hit Withdraw-5 in your bank instead of whatever you were hitting before. This helps if you blank out on how many patches you have left to visit, so you don't accidentally hit the same patch twice. It also gives you an extra inventory space or two for that last patch when you use up the final seed.

But most important is the ring of duelling. Use it.

Thanks for that.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

If you're taking ten minutes, you need to shave some time off. ;)

I can get my herb runs done within 5 minutes easily. You should never need to make a detour on foot to hit a bank during your runs, which is probably what's making yours take so much longer. Use a wielded ring of duelling for all of your banking needs, and you should save a lot of time. This is especially important since you plant limpwurt roots, which is probably the other big factor slowing you down.

Aside: it also makes the order of the patches largely irrelevant; however, I do Trollheim first because using up my fire runes frees an inventory space, it takes the most run energy to get there, and the Tool Leprechaun is placed conveniently on the shortest path to the patch (unlike the Falador, Ardougne, Catherby, or Phasmatys patches where he's off to the side). Oh, and if I were to get an unusually large harvest and run out of inventory space, it would really suck there most of all, so it's good to go with an empty pack.

Oh, and Kent is right to suggest a skills necklace; it's definitely faster than Ardy teleport. Also, save your images as .png, not as .jpg. Jpegs are blurrier. Finally, take exactly 5 herb seeds (and 4 limp seeds I guess) for your runs. Just hit Withdraw-5 in your bank instead of whatever you were hitting before. This helps if you blank out on how many patches you have left to visit, so you don't accidentally hit the same patch twice. It also gives you an extra inventory space or two for that last patch when you use up the final seed.

But most important is the ring of duelling. Use it.

Agreed, except for the herb run time. Easily under 5 minutes seems a bit exaggerated for me, I sometimes time myself and the best I've got was just under 5 minutes (I average around 5:20 or something if I pay attention), but that was mostly because 1 herb died and the rest of the harvests were fail too. You shouldn't forget banking too, filling your inventory/checking your skills neck is charged etc takes 10 secs at the very least, more if you don't have a herb run tab.

2dvjurb.png

Agreed, except for the herb run time. Easily under 5 minutes seems a bit exaggerated for me, I sometimes time myself and the best I've got was just under 5 minutes (I average around 5:20 or something if I pay attention), but that was mostly because 1 herb died and the rest of the harvests were fail too. You shouldn't forget banking too, filling your inventory/checking your skills neck is charged etc takes 10 secs at the very least, more if you don't have a herb run tab.

Well I wouldn't need to check if my skills necklace was charged or not, because if it was uncharged it would be stacked with the other uncharged ones in a different bank slot. :thumbup:

I won't stand firmly by the 5 minutes, because I only got it in the first place by glancing at the timer of my spirit terrorbird on those occasions where I had it out already before I started the run. But it's definitely plausible to expect a similar time.

Well I wouldn't need to check if my skills necklace was charged or not, because if it was uncharged it would be stacked with the other uncharged ones in a different bank slot. :thumbup:

I usually don't unequip it between herb runs :P

Either way, 10 minutes is just too much.

2dvjurb.png

I usually don't unequip it between herb runs :P

Either way, 10 minutes is just too much.

Oh, I keep my nature ammy equipped most of the time. Meh. *shrug*