Grand Theft Auto IV Thread!

eyehawk78

gta4yo1.gif

It seems my thread was lost in the great forum rollback of 2008, unfortunately I can't find any records of its initial post on cache sites.

Basically this thread is a place for discussions on the game, problems, bugs.... whatever really.

Enjoy :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now have two loves for this game:

Jumping off of the tallest buildings (I know how to survive falling off of the GetALife one ;))

And driving along sidewalks.

It's funny as hell to hear people's responses to you landing on the ground next to them. Even better when you land on their car.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Jumping off of the tallest buildings (I know how to survive falling off of the GetALife one ;))

It's funny as hell to hear people's responses to you landing on the ground next to them. Even better when you land on their car.

Doesn't work so nicely for me when I jump out of a choppa. I always get killed by the choppah blades.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Can't wait for this to come out on PC :( Probally going to be over a year and I'll need to update my software.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Nothing better than spawning a motorbike at the top of a skyscraper \'

I enjoyed it I guess, not as much as Vice City though. Personally, I couldn't give a crap about the achievements, nobody other than me is actually going to care. The story was alright, but a lot of the missions were becoming same-y by the second island.

Ending missions were depressing. This game isn't so great after you've beaten it, though. Still fun, but not as much.

Yeah they were. I do give credit to rockstar for pulling off a great story though.

However I really haven't picked it up since. Well, I did once and then it crashed. :wall:

Was a fun ride but then again I was never big on any of the GTA's, so 4 still beats them for me.

I've completed it 4 times now. And i still more play it more or less every day haha, just fun cruising round in a sentinel; doing jumps, running people over etc etc haha.

The only thing that annoys me is it seems to be lacking stuff, i.e. Not being able to mod a car, limited set of clothes, NO SILENCED WEAPONS!!!, Not many secondary weapons, i.e. Knifes why no axes chains etc. And having a minatue golf course and not being able to play on it! wtf lol

People say stuff like this will be coming in dlc, but i've already paid for the game, why am i going to have to pay again?

Beat it in under 30 hours with no cheats, completing achievements -.-, and finding sweet things in the game.

My sister ran through the toll booth once without getting a star. I couldn't figure out how. After tests, I found this out:

1. Drive up behind a person or push them up to the gate.

2. They will pay

3. The toll booth thing will go up

4. You drive through

5. No stars

You just drive normal yet you are pushing a car past the gate. I am going to film it and put it on YouTube sometime.

The craziest thing happened tonight, though. I was getting the Daredevil Achievement. I was about to go off a jump when three motorcycles, uninhabited, crashed past me waaay faster than I was going. I slammed on the brakes and turn the camera to look behind me. There were 5 motorcycles parked in various places. No people. I got off my bike and look around.

There was a guy stuck in the fence in a mounted position like he was riding a bike. When I touched him, he fell down dead. Another guy was sprawled out on the ground. No one else.

Then, 10 minutes later, a truck fell through the bridge I was riding under and landed on top of me, killing me. It must of glitched or something because it didn't drive off the bridge. It just fell through it.

Pretty weird...

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Has anyone done the cannon glitch/trick yet??

No...Please tell.

If you have a fairly high wanted level and your flying around in a chopper. If you have the penthouse in northwood you can bail out onto the patio, run inside and save to lose it. (I haven't tried it myself but I heard it works.) I did however bail out of an Annihilator chopper, landed on the patio and Niko smashed headfirst into a wall. :shock:

Untitled-8-1-1.jpg

Has anyone done the cannon glitch/trick yet??

No...Please tell.

If you have a fairly high wanted level and your flying around in a chopper. If you have the penthouse in northwood you can bail out onto the patio, run inside and save to lose it. (I haven't tried it myself but I heard it works.) I did however bail out of an Annihilator chopper, landed on the patio and Niko smashed headfirst into a wall. :shock:

Haha it's pretty sick

That vid explains it all, and shows you where to go to do it :D :lol:

Ha! That is quite possibly the best glitch I've ever seen. I hit a homeless person by mistake and just after he dragged me out of the car and I was just about to shoot him...The car LAUNCHED out of the swings, killing him instantly (Strangely he dropped cash.) and knocking me over.

Untitled-8-1-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got 100% on this yet? Im on 85%, have to find all the hidden objects still and do all the jumps as well as a few other things :wall: .

Also, anyone know when the DLC is coming out?

keen.png

Anyone got 100% on this yet? Im on 85%, have to find all the hidden objects still and do all the jumps as well as a few other things :wall: .

Also, anyone know when the DLC is coming out?

http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=cat&id=319

100% savegame for PS3

It has pop-ups, but so does Tip.It -.-

sig4.png

Does anyone know an aprox. date of when it's coming to PC?

I think i've heard autumn if i recall correctly.

I'm buying a new computer in a month, so doesn't really matter if it comes sooner or later (orderd Test Drive Unlimited, so will have time to spend before GTA4 comes^^).

Seen pictures and checked videos, looks really neat!

I played GTA on PS1 (or was it just PS?), GTA2 on PC, and just a little bit GTA3.

So this is gonna be sweet!

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Can't wait for this to come out on PC :( Probally going to be over a year and I'll need to update my software.

Usually it comes out 6 months later so i'll be expecting it in October/November. I hope its not a year, I can't wait that long :(

Also Oldjoe, have you played Vice City or San Andreas? If not you've missed out heaps.

happysigbp0.jpg

Usually it comes out 6 months later so i'll be expecting it in October/November. I hope its not a year, I can't wait that long :(

Also Oldjoe, have you played Vice City or San Andreas? If not you've missed out heaps.

I've played a couple of GTA3 games before on PS2 at a friends house, but never really got into them. GTA4 seems really neat... I'd really like to play it, but i'm buying a PS3 just for one game lol. The computer is enough for me =)

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

The ending was great and i loved the dynamic between you and jacob who reminded a bit off Lance wance in vice city before the twist in vice citys story.Its not as good as the ps2 gta's for me because vice city is up there with my favourite games ever, it was just the most fun and the atmosphere of the 80's was such a nice change.

its a 9.5 and not a 10 that the gta fanboys hail it as, at least for me.I would love to see a next gen gta set in vice city, neon technology has come so far in gaming 8-)

tifsdac6mc.gif