Lady Shahdie's Journey to 99 Smithing - MOVED TO THE BLOG TAB!

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 levels to go till blog revamp :ohnoes:.

Woot! \'

Can't wait for the blog to start up again!

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Just wanted to let my fellow rune miners out there know that my guide has been updated with a new Excel Rune Respawn Calc I created. You simply input the world number and population, IT DOES THE REST! To obtain it, click the "Everthing You Need to Know to Mine Like a Pro" link in my signature and look under the Runite Mining section ;) .

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

how long have you been crew?

I be a NewBEE CrewBEE \'!

A very big congrats! :thumbsup:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Congratz on being crew, Lady!

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

What rhymes sticks and is kind of sappy?

It's my friend the Lady of Happy.

The challenge is accepted my friend, your lose shall be the end? :)

~Knotch

(I consider the consonance of B as a rhyme)

Congratz on being crew, Lady!

It is well deserved, good thing she got 99 mining before though! :twisted:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I laughed when I saw u had 0 quest points.

Sorry, but I couldn't help it >_<

how is the smithing going? :P I have to admit, I've switched to getting 99 fishing, mostly because I want the instant trim on my (future) mining cape.

Well good luck on 99 smithing, and hope I get to make that party. ;)

hope 2 cu in rs soon *(hope u haven't deleted me)* anyways bye

::' \' ::' :thumbsup: \'

::'

I laughed when I saw u had 0 quest points.

I have completed all the free player quests silly :P. The calc doesn't automatically update that, I just was too lazy to add it heh.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Well Lady Happiness has some big news...as some of you may have remembered I posted a little riddle regarding the status of my account. Well on the day I posted that it got me to thinking...I had seen an opening for a TA job on my university's job listings that had reasonable hours and a pay that wasn't half bad. It was a very popular TAship and many applicants had already applied. With a hope and a prayer I sent in my application and thought nothing more of it. I just got news as of this moment that its MINE \'! So how does this relate to RuneScape you may ask? Well...thanks to the pay of this job I can now afford RuneScape Membership and a few other indulges...WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Guess I couldn't wait till summer after all rofl...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Lady "Happiness" indeed. :D

Well guys I finally made it to 79 Smithing! Which means this blog is now officially...OPEN FOR BUSINESS! Below is just a quote of my old blog for historical purposes. Thanks all for sticking with me this far and always motivating me to chase my RuneScape dreams ::'!

headerau5.jpg

"To dream an impossible dream"...a dream realized.

Lady Shahdie here, pleasure to make your acquaintance! Some who have glimpsed my signature know well enough by now that I am one of the crazed hopefuls dreaming of 99 mining ::' . I have no deadline to accomplish this goal but I do seek to complete it. Whether in another few months or years, this blog will track my journey to the ultimate level 99. The next sections will cover a little about myself, why I have decided to attempt 99 mining, and display a few pictures of my accomplishments along the way. In the words of Don Quixote to attempt this goal is: "To dream the impossible dream."

[hide=Lady Shahdie in Real Life]kodakhdpicssmallls1.jpg

I am a 19 year old college student. I am currently attending a Cal State college and majoring in English. I have future plans however to go to Cinema school and get an education in the art of film making. I always had a passion to tell stories and I love the way film can bring a story to life. I was born in America but do possess Persian blood in me and my RuneScape name "Shahdie" means happiness (so you can also refer to me as Lady Happiness :D). I am a total cat person and owner of a mischievous Maincoon but recently adopted a dog into my family. I am a rare breed of girl who enjoys playing video games, computer games, and any other enticing virtual adventure. I am particularly fond of RPGs (probably due to my story telling background). I also love graphic design and try some amateurish attempts in Photoshop (like designing my own sigs and headers).[/hide]

[hide=Lady Shahdie on RuneScape]The following is a run through of my character on RuneScape.

ladyshahdieit3.png

Where'd You Hear About RuneScape?

A friend of mine at school mentioned it once. I became intrigued by his description of it, so I started researching it and decided to sign up.

F2p or P2p?

F2p. This is due to a certain way my parents raised me. I mostly earn the possessions I have; including this computer I am typing on. Since I am in sophmore year of college, my education is more of a priority than a job at the moment. Though a lovely little cape to go with the achievement of 99 mining would be grand, I will still be happy to make it there never-the-less.

Favorite World?

Randomness is my mantra. I have no favorite world or home world. I usually pick a randomly crowded world for better ore respawn times and jump to empty worlds to hang out with friends or fish to pass the time (ironically this bumped up my fishing and cooking levels to the 50s).

Why the Air Tiara?

I've been getting this one alot lately so here's the story. Ever since I was a noob on RuneScape I always wanted a piece of clothing that would define my look (apart from the terrible looking bronze armor). I would scavenge for chef hats or shop at the Varrock clothing store and wear the items short periods of time before dumping them. One day as I passed the Falador air altar I saw a silver object on the ground that attracted me (similar to the way a child is attracted to "Oooo shiny!") I picked up the tiara and immediately fell in love with it. Even when I matured from noobdom and reached levels where I could wear more appropriate runite gear, I could not bear to give up the tiara and allowed it to be the signature item that would define my look. I certainly love how it goes quite well with my Saradomin now ::'.

Other Stats?

Though I am truly committed to mining at the moment, I occasionally take a break from my pickaxe and casually level other stats...(please don't poke too much fun at their noobiness :oops:)

June 29, 2007 (Beginning of Blog)

levelsdx0.gif

Current Stats

Lady_Shahdie.png

Why 99 Mining?

Now here's the question I have been waiting for! I am the type who loves to max out stats on the RPGs I play. Before starting the game I had been pondering what stat could possess a certain challenge that the others did not and could not be bought. I also wanted to find a stat that was rarely maxed and most would cringe to attempt. Woodcutting almost convinced me for the first 2 weeks of my RuneScape career and I immediately hit oaks at day 2 (and sometime later hit willows). The allure started to fade away when I would see member after member stroll by in F2p worlds with the familiar brown cape with a tree on it. I dropped my axe and never looked back. For some time I just randomly leveled different stats and did not really care anymore to find a stat to challenge me. After a month passed, I approached a mining pit somewhere in the expanse of F2p RuneScape and saw a level 80 combat wield a pickaxe. I was very curious why this person did not wield a weapon of biblical proportions and only a measly pick. He said he was powermining to reach level 85 mining so he could start hitting rune. I asked him if he ever wanted to max out the skill, he said "Never in a million years." When I heard a miner of such caliber and combat level say that, I was immediately hooked. It was then I saw mining to be one of the most challenging skills that even the most powerful of player shudder to test fate and max out![/hide]

[hide=Level Ups]Latest Level:

a59m46.png

Past Levels:

Level 80 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 81 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 82 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 83 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 84 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 85 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 86 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 87 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 88 Mining ACHIEVED - original post lost due to forum rollback

Level 89 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 90 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 91 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 92 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 93 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 94 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 95 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 96 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 97 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 98 Mining ACHIEVED

Level 99 Mining ACHIEVED[/hide]

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Lvl 80 Smithing ACHIEVED!!!

Achieving Level 80 Smithing Screenshot

80smithinglsrs184704.png

Great news blog readers! Lady Shahdie is officially both a mining...and SMITHING NOOB! As of moments ago I finally achieved 80 smithing. My journey is serious now and there is a long arduous way ahead. My bank is crying for help but I squeeze it mercilessly for every last penny. Now that I am members, I have been mixing up my training style. If you look closely at the picture you will notice an sc hammer in mid-swing :mrgreen:...yes thats right, I'm indulging in a bit of SC to use a hammer or two to nudge things along. While it may be time efficient to just power through the time it takes to earn the hammers by training smithing...I find SC a nice way to break up the mundaneness of typical smith training. Mage may not level at the rate it was going when I was superheating nonstop but even if I manage to get around 85 by the time I am finished with smithing...I will be very satisfied. Now I am left a mere 5 levels away from being both a rune miner...and RUNE SMITHER! Stay tuned :D...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Best of luck on 99 smithing, new blog is great! Smithing has always been my joint fav skill, but i know that i will not even attempt it for some time. You can easily make it!

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining