*Official* WoW topic. All discussion & questions here!

donutjunkie

[mod edit - ok since there are a lot of WoW threads popping up lately, I'm making this one a bit more open-ended. So please any discussions about WoW or if you have any questions relating to that game then please post it here. - Phil]

ok this differs from my other post because all i want to know is what races i should have for each class and what talents should i have for my classes (im going to get all 9)

example:

shaman=tauren because apparently their warstomp gives you enough time to cast again

also what talents should i assign to each class, because i really dont want to stuff it up.

im going horde AND alliance, pvp

also money. what proffessions do you suggest i get?

at the moment it is either mining and smithing

mining and engineering

mining and enchanting

i finally quit runescape to play world of warcraft. i play on frostmourne, alliance

check out my thread

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=479665&highlight=

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off. theres already like 10 wow threads on the first page with loads of info

second. for races and classes, theres too many just look on worldofwarcraft.com or buy the game and read the manual.

third, theres so many different talents you can use in the game. you get 40 points in talents, theres so many different combinations its rediculous. read the wow fourms rather than runescape forums for help.

first off. theres already like 10 wow threads on the first page with loads of info

second. for races and classes, theres too many just look on worldofwarcraft.com or buy the game and read the manual.

third, theres so many different talents you can use in the game. you get 40 points in talents, theres so many different combinations its rediculous. read the wow fourms rather than runescape forums for help.

thats funny i cant see any threads on the 1st page relating to wow except my own.

also u say read the manual? i have done so, may also say, the manual is a cheap piece of crap that fell to bits before i started reading it

i finally quit runescape to play world of warcraft. i play on frostmourne, alliance

check out my thread

When did OT become Wow help & advice?

Sorry dude, but we're not exactly best equipped to help you here. There's bound to be a really good community site which has the answers for you, which I'm sure you'll find if you PM some WoW players (TheSith etc)

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com

Here is where you should be cheacking dude. It has hints and everything about class races, and also a tallent calaculator... oh btw, its the acutle site....

(The manual is awsome, and after reading it all, you should know everything. As ive said before on the other thread, there is no right or wrong answers, that is not what a RPGis about. Its about making your own choices, and learning to live with them. Dont try to chose the best character from the start, mold that character to be the best.)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Okay, let me start. The manual DOES NOT help as much as it would if the game first came out, it has changed ALOT.

You should really try leveling one character at once, dont bother with all 9 classes at a time. The game really only starts at 60, from 1-59 its basically learning the whole concept of instancing, parties and loot. At 60 it changes a whole lot, you can either become a end-game raider (which takes alot of time out of your life haha) or a PvP'er gaining ranks and items through them.. or you can be both it doesn't matter you do what you want etc...

You have 51 talent points, send me a private message with what character you want to discuss about with talents...

http://www.wowhead.com (this website will show you different talents each class have...)

Well if you roll a Tauren Shaman, I have one myself at level 60 with multiple epic sets, beaten every boss ingame, waiting for Naxx to come out.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?512726

Check out my Profile, the Talent spec that you requested is there.

I suggest you don't go all 9 classes at once. Pick one and focus on it. One developed and decked out level 60 character is so much better then 9 level 30 characters with green items. Though it might be your playstyle to play many classes at once.

Good luck, and if you got any questions. Just message me.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?zzLVhZxGTss0dtVc

thats what i have at the moment can anyone send me a screenie of what i should get instead of that?

Maaybe, i dont play as a druid, so i dont kn ow, ummmmm have you even played it first? i suggest that...

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

You got the right idea, I gotta' say.

Drop Thick Hide and get Omen of Clarity and one of the talents (bear/cat) under Sharpened Claws, those are much more useful. And fill up the +threat and +cat speed one with the rest, or leave them in Thick Hide...Whichever. I picked the run speed/threat talent over thick hide because thick hide is only useful in bear form, which you won't be spending a TON of time in. If you intend on tanking instances (noone will let you :P) then Thick hide is useful.

Over all though, you have a decent build there. Trust me, I've seen first timers do a lot worse.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?zzLVhZxGTss0dtVc

thats what i have at the moment can anyone send me a screenie of what i should get instead of that?

Maaybe, i dont play as a druid, so i dont kn ow, ummmmm have you even played it first? i suggest that...

yep i played at a friends house, i made a gnome warrior and got to lvl 2 :)

what talents should i get for a shamen?

this is my updated talents:

i changed my talents after that suggestion, i dropped thick hide, got blood frenzy 2/2 and got omen of clarity 1/1 and got improved shred maxed

check out my thread

I don't play the game, but everytime I hear the game gets patched, some class gets nerfed and another becomes invincible. So, by that logic, it's pot luck.

Lol, it all depends what you want to do. Every patch Shamans become better at PvP and every other class gets worse.

also what talents should i assign to each class, because i really dont want to stuff it up.

IMHO, that's the wrong way to approach trying out any new class, especially during your first few weeks in the game.

Specc as you see fit, examine the talent trees and make your mind up. But be prepared to change it several times before you find a spec you like.

It might also be worth mentioned that while certain specc's are great for leveling (Maxing out Dark Pact on a warlock for example), at lvl 60 they can become rather boring and/or worthless. Most speed leveling tactics involve at least one respec, some involve several.

You will respec. Accept it and choose your talents based on what seems like a good idea now, and change them later.

That being said, the best place to look for advice and spec guides are on the official forums. There's usually large extensive breakdowns of individual skills/talents, along with suggestions of how to use them.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

^^^

thats the thing, respeccing costs money, it costs more money every time and that is something i do not want to do

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?0zLVooZx0gsfrdtV

thanks now i know my shaman and my druid

can someone please suggest how to make money in the game, because at the moment i have absolutely no idea what proffessions im going to choose

now its time to go nuts ....

wat talents should i have for a

rogue

mage

warrior

paladin

priest

warlock

hunter

druid (done)

shaman (done)

i dont expect all of these to get answered

check out my thread

i should have made this topic more broad ... ok me and my friends who play wow are arguing about how to make money.

one of my friends says that mining and smithing is best because you can make weapons, my other friend says that smithing is only good once you are level 60 and says that mining and engineering is good, my other friend says that mining and enchanting is best because you can make money by disenchanting other peoples items, or something like that

can someone give me their opinions, ill edit this into the 1st post too

check out my thread

...THERE IS NO FREAKING RIGHT ANSWERES.

Now that thats out of the way, a friend of mine and I both came up with an excellent little way of making money, although it means m ore money in the long run, cause then I have to buy my own armour and wepons #-o . Take enchanting, and tailoring. The tailoring doesnt need a gathering skill, so just go out and kill humanoids for the cloth. And once you get to lve 30, you can start to make green coloured items, which then you disenchant witht he enchant spell to get the basic ingredients for enchanting. Then just keep doing that till you get high lve enchanting, and then make money from enchanting other peoples wepons and armour.

BTW, just stick to one class and one right now, at the most of have two on two diffrent servers.

I suggest you gett he game soon, the new patch just came out, and it was a [bleep] to download, took my comp 3 hours... and it was only 15-30 minutes to install the game.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

I just quit playing, it's becoming an endless raid-fest. While raiding doesn't take long itself, farming for it does. I just don't have the 5 hrs per day anymore that I am willing to spend in that department. They need to put some "War" back in "Warcraft" before Warhammer Online comes out, or they're gonna' be losing a chunk of players...Not that they care. :lol:

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I was made aware of the loads of WoW topics that were popping up so decided to make one for everyone. Edited the main post.

Please use this topic for any discussions relating to the WoW game. :)

sig2ho7.jpg

Yaaa, im glad this finaly was done, anyways...

Ya, since this is general now, i play mostly on bloodhoof, where my main is. (Lv 21 night elf Rouge, named Nightfetcher).

Id like to start on a pvp server so if anyone starts playing on there, i might just join you.

BTW, i was just thinking, we once had a Halo Tip.it Clan... why not a WoW tip.it clan?

It would have to be a choic between aliance or horde though...

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Any questions about Rogues/PvP just ask over here :P 60 UD Rogue on Bladefist.

PS: All Alliance are (hmm filter..) "Scaredy Cats" in BG's, fact, it is ALWAYS the horde who start the charge, there are a few honourable Ally's but frankly most of them are RP'ers who are scared to die ( I play a pvp shard ). Personally if you go Alliance it's because you want to maintain your humanistic reality and build it onto your character, trying to put your personality onto it, and if people don't want to die IRL then they won't let themselves ingame, just my take on things if any Ally's are here feel free to disagree.

FOR THE HORDE

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

Any questions about Rogues/PvP just ask over here :P 60 UD Rogue on Bladefist.

PS: All Alliance are (hmm filter..) "Scaredy Cats" in BG's, fact, it is ALWAYS the horde who start the charge, there are a few honourable Ally's but frankly most of them are RP'ers who are scared to die ( I play a pvp shard ). Personally if you go Alliance it's because you want to maintain your humanistic reality and build it onto your character, trying to put your personality onto it, and if people don't want to die IRL then they won't let themselves ingame, just my take on things if any Ally's are here feel free to disagree.

FOR THE HORDE

Ha ha, not, i always charge, i even put on sprint to reach horde first, and i always play defensivly in all games i play, so the first enemy i see i try to kill.

Id rather get kills then the flag, i never last if i have the flag. (Ive only played in warsong gulch).

(Wow, bad grammer in this post...)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Hm true, I must admit that Alliance don't run as much in low level bg's, when you hit 60 let me know what they are like then, i'm interested if they are all screaming "OH GOD ITS THE HORDE LETS RUN AWAY" or if it's just a natural instinct :-k :lol:

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(