RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide

RAHK

NEW ITEMS ADDED TO THE GAME MIGHT BE BETTER THAN OLD ITEMS! PLEASE DO NOT REPEATEDLY MENTION THIS SAME IDEA! Sorry, but if I hear "r00n b00tz nub" one more time (No, this isn't the only place I have this guide up), I may just go crazy, lol. If something new comes out that is obviously better than something old, USE IT. I will update this when I can/remember.

Update: I am retiring until summer from rs and tip.it so I will not be a mod or be updating this until then. If an admin/mod would like to take over, feel free but please make it clear which words are yours. Thanks :D

First things first: I wrote this guide for Affliction, which is a lvl 90+ pest control group, and in the first person. Affliction brings higher leveled players together to beat rounds in the fastest possible manner while still getting their required 50 damage. This guide is not aimed at people learning how to play Pest control; it is a guide for people trying to get every teeny tiny edge that they can give themselves to speed games up. Picture it as sharpening a rune axe when wcing. I am sharing the tactics and gear setup that I PERSONALLY use. If you can suggest better gear or improved tactics I would GREATLY appreciate it. I view people that do not help as leeches since they are taking the spot of a USEFUL player and refer to them as such in this guide. This view is my own and not necessarily endorsed by Affliction. If you come across a part that refers to Affliction either ignore it or join: http://z13.invisionfree.com/RS2_Pest_Co ... hp?act=idx :-w

Click the link to join please do not pm me! It has the instructions inside the application.

Note - I am a lvl 110 with 70+ prayer and access to the best gear available (to my knowledge anyway). This is written from my point of view and you should therefore adjust your gear/actions accordingly.

I have tried dharoks, veracs, guthans (yuck), rune, dragon, torags, kharils, and ahrims. Unless you are wanting to throw away loads of cash on runes or super pots this is the best setup to my knowledge for the fastest damage output and therefore fastest rounds. Also, when I say that I "rarely miss" I mean that as compared to a normal npc of equal hp NOT that I hit +90% of the time.

The ultimate pc gear from what I can think of is the following:

pcgearod9.png

Any place that mentions prayer ARMOR (not robes) you should use the best prayer armor from the guy in falador park (Sir Tiffy or something) that you have access to (initiate, proselyte, etc).

I would suggest the following gear if you cannot afford or do not have access to mine:

Berserker > Warrior > Any high defense helm

Fire cape > Obby cape > Legend's cape > God cape > Any other cape

Fury > Glory > Power > Strength > Unholy symbol > Holy symbol > Any other offensive boosting neck wear

Whip > D scimmy > D long > D Baxe > Any other decent weapon

Initiate or better prayer plate > Monk's robetop > Zammy/Shade/etc. robetop > Any other plate or robetop

Initiate or better prayer platelegs > Monk's robe bottom > Zammy/shade/etc. robe bottom > Any other legs or robe bottoms

Rune defender > Obby shield > Zammy book > Any other shield

Dark/Barrows gloves > Other RFD gloves > Klank's/Cooking/etc. guantlets > Any other gloves/vambs/etc.

Rune Boots > Climbing boots > White boots > Any other boots

Berserker Ring > Warrior ring > Any other ring

DDS spec > d baxe spec > d long spec > maul spec > d mace spec > whip spec > any other spec

The reasons for the gear are as follows:

Attack bonuses -

Not NEARLY as important as strength bonuses. I personally rarely miss and therefore want those hits as high as possible. If you find yourself missing a majority of your attacks then you will want to increase your attack bonuses accordingly. Just as in the rest of runescape str > att if you do not miss; otherwise flip it since you can't get 50 damage if you never connect. Fury has -2 strength than the strength ammy but provides FAR superior stats in other areas so is much better in my opinion.

Strength bonuses -

Probably the most important. Since I hardly miss I want my damage output maxed.

Defense bonuses -

Defense is nearly worthless. I have yet to die on a high level world and therefore find armor pointless... BUT since weight isn't an issue because of the end-round-refills I chose initiate over monk robes for that little added bonus.

Mage defense bonuses -

Only one npc type uses mage. Therefore I don't bother with mage defense and rely on the mage protect prayer if I fall below half health (very rare).

Prayer bonuses -

Second most important bonus. This helps keep your massive bonuses from praying active. Since the plate and legs armor slots cannot provide any offensive bonuses and defense is nearly worthless these slots are best filled with prayer boosting gear. Monk robes and zammy robes are decent alternatives.

Start the match by activating Incredible Reflexes and Ultimate Strength. Only use Steel skin if you are getting owned repeatedly AND you have high enough prayer to do so. If you are ending rounds slower than you are running out of prayer either raise it or boost your prayer bonus. Also, you can also change your attack prayer a step lower if you rarely miss.

Drink a dose of regular attack potion. If you have a ton of regular strength potions drink a dose of that as well. Since both pots cost less than 1.5k total you will still be ahead of the game since you are only drinking 2 doses each round.

Get the "boost" at the beginning unless you are going to target the east portal. To get the boost you can click under your character or click left and right a square or two until the game starts.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO EACH OF THE STEPS BETWEEN RUNNING SECTIONS!!! In other words, do NOT stop your running to turn on prayer or drink a pot. The order isn't nearly as important as the fact that you stay moving during the initial charge.

1. Click as close to the gate that you will be leaving.

2. Equip and initialize the special for your dds. If you have time while entering the boat equip the dds. If not, you will still have time during the charge.

3. Adjust your next running position to be next to the gate you are exiting. Do NOT click past the gate since a different gate may be open and it will send you in a different direction.

4. Activate your prayers.

5. Open the gate and/or head to your portal.

6. Drink your pot(s). If you use both attack and strength pots you should drink a dose before loading into the boat if you can't fit both in now.

7. Unload your dds spec bar. This should give you your 50 damage (usually anyway).

8. Switch to whip.

9. If you hit a load of zeroes AND your portal is nearly defeated then target the nearest npc and take it out until you hit your 50.

10. As soon as your portal falls (it will flash when it dies even though it might still appear to be alive) head to the nearest portal that has a lot of life. If the closest two portals are less than 100 but the far one is 200 then head to it.

11. STAY ACTIVE! Unless you beat your portal and the only one left is the far one and it has less than 50 hp, you should be actively targeting portals.

12. Once the round is over and the screen is loading you should have your cursor above where the loading plank is. Click it 3-5 times to load immediately. As soon as you enter the boat, click to the north side and equip and charge your dds if time allows.

Tips, Hints, and additional tactics-

FREE REFILLS! Remember that all of your stats AND run energy are reset at the end of the round so do not be afraid to run the whole time and use your spec bar whenever it fills enough for a dds spec, etc.

DON'T BE SELFISH! If you have your 50 AND there is no more help you can provide (the last portal is at 40 health and on the opposite side of the map) then you should leave the random npcs to the people attacking them. They deserve their 50 just like you do and taking that damage that helps you only in a tiny way is plain selfish. There are two exceptions to this, though: 1. If their combat level is 45 then they have no reason to crowd out our teamates on our chosen worlds. 2. If they stood around and/or attacked brawlers for no reason then they don't deserve the points. These two groups of people steal spots that a USEFUL pcer could be in and therefore slow our games. I personally enjoy seeing "NOOO!11!!! I only have 23 damage! Stop!!" when I take the last hits from a 50 who stood around for half the round.

THE "SWEET SPOT"!!! When you first hit your portal you should try to position yourself in one of the two squares that are above/below or left/right of the middle square in the FRONT of the portal. I call these two locations the "sweet spots". This provides easy access to spinners AND allows you to "block" monsters from heading out to your void knight. This also helps "stack" monsters so that you can get those last few damage points in if the portals fall swiftly.

STAY ACTIVE!!!! If your portal falls and you have 50 or more damage you should head to another portal. Always keep an eye on other portals so that you can know which to target next. Nine times out of ten you will want to head to the portal with the most life left even if it is on the opposite side of the map.

YELLOW PORTAL! Most people know that the yellow portal (north west) is the "softest" and therefore the easiest to get your 50 damage on. Since most people know this they head there first. With 5 people speccing on it the portal usually falls before everybody gets their 50. I only advise the yellow portal if you are the fastest person there or you have serious issues with your zeal. If I do not reach it with the first 3 or 4 people I end up only getting off 1 or 2 specs and am forced to scramble for my 50.

RIGHT-CLICK! When you are in the proper position at the portal you should be constantly right-clicking the monsters between you and the other "sweet spot". Doing this allows you to notice and take out spinners as soon as they appear. Sound plays a big roll here as well.

SPINNERS! If you can actually SEE the spinner (it is the top or only monster in the "stack") then hit it ONCE and return to attacking the portal. If it returns fire just keep plowing the portal while watching for other spinners to spawn. If it does NOT return fire, repeat alternating between the portal and the spinner until it does or dies. If you cannot see the spinner hit it TWICE and then return to the portal. Do NOT waste your time killing spinners since your damage output is better directed at the portals. Also if you listen to the sound you will notice when they are and are not healing the portal. Sound may be the easiest way to determine whether it is attacking you or healing a portal.

ESCAPE!!! As soon as you see the portal flash you should click to it's "back". This frees you from the mess of monsters gathered around you. The faster you escape from the monsters blocking you, the faster you can lay down damage on the next portal and the smaller chance you have of getting swarmed and trapped.

FLIP IT!!! Turn your map until south is north. This makes doing nearly all of your tasks easier. Try it out. Also, try swinging your map to the east or west when you attack those portals.

CHAT! When you are chatting with friends make sure you do it at the appropriate time. The best times are after you have used up your dds' specs and you have switched to your whip OR once the round is nearly complete and there is nothing more you can do to help (i.e. the last portal has 20 hp and is on the opposite side of the map). Turning off your chat is always a nice option to promote the fastest rounds and therefore fastest xp.

DO POT!!! Ok, I am not advising mary jane. What I AM advising is the use of regular attack and strength pots. These are cheap and help speed up rounds and xp. The best ways to get attack pots are to buy them off of other people for 50-200 ea. Just say "Buying all potions and vials! Even reg att pots! 100 ea". Any merchant world in fally east bank are viable options. For strength pots (and attack if you prefer) you should buy all of the stock in the new warrior's guild and then hop worlds and rebuy those. I also buy the regular defense pots as well since all three are cheaper than buying vials on the forums. USE THIS TIP IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD RETAIL PRICES!!! I have seen regular attack pots sold (rarely) for up to 500 ea and regular strength up to 1.2k ea (also rarely). Even at these prices you are taking less than 600 gp worth of doses a round while making at least 900 gp (combat level times 10) each round. Definately a worthy investment.

ICICLES!!! After you unload your specs on the portal and find your damage total low, feel free to unload with an ancient multi-target spell (I prefer ice but they all have the same basic effect). Use this two ways. 1. One cast can easily get your 50 damage when cast on a stack of monsters. 2. This is a great way to "catch" the spinners. If you come to a portal that is abandoned or has idiots attacking it while leaving the spinners, you can cast a spell and take only one turn "catching" all of the spinners. This also works if a brawler or something cuts you off from a spinner; you can cast it on the close monster and hit the spinner that is out of your reach.

D BAXE SPEC! The longer the round, the more beneficial this is. With our tactics and round speed, dds spec's out damage the b axe spec. If you feel like taking a stroll to 78 then I suggest the d baxe spec followed by a double-dose of regular attack pot. With that combo you can get upwards of 500 damage a round EASILY in the 4 or so minutes it takes 78 per round. :wall:

Please post any other advice or tips that I missed... or forgot. If there is any better melee gear I would greatly appreciate the tips. I really hope this helps you speed up your rounds and max out your character. 8-)

Credits and Thanks:

Nomader - Reminded me that dds equipping should be done before launch if possible.

B T - Reminded me of and added to the icicles tip.

Elyria1 - Reminded EVERYBODY to not be selfish with the random npcs.

jessy87 - Provided the following GREAT bit of advice:

remember to keep your mind set on your goals at pest control

i literally do not play more then 30 games at a time. i just cant stand it, i will logout usually after 10 games and go post on forums or check something do this or that.

HAVE A REAL GOAL. seriously people i get 99 strength in a week because i was focus, now my heart has sunk deep in my chest knowing that what i am now is the strongest i will ever be, i shall never hit any harder unless i get a fire cape of gain more hp. i no longer have a goal, 99 attack isn't that appealing i could of had that 2 weeks ago..and well the only thing i care about is prayer and that is dull because it takes so long to level from PC points

use your points wisely pesters. spread around the points a little bit as you go for your goal, occasionally use 100 points on HP range or magic or something your not focusing on. you don't want to get burnt out before taking maximum advantage of this situation.

P.S. I am tired so I apologize if I messed up in some obvious way. I am going to sleep so I can't update until the morning, sorry. Good night. :-$

Dang, one more thing. Read the title as "RAHK's 'Pro PC Gear' and Guide". I mean that the gear is top-notch not the guide, lol. :XD:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

needs pictures O:) waste of pots in my opinion they cost too much for a 1 min per game thing otherwiseee, recommeneded should be full veracs everyone it 5 people per portal :P nice guide =;

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Wow thats one amazing guide. I particually like how youve suggest armour and lesser armours as well for those of us who cannot afford/wear them.

Off Topic: I'm combat level 90, would it be possible to join your p.c. group?

needs pictures O:) waste of pots in my opinion they cost too much for a 1 min per game thing otherwiseee, recommeneded should be full veracs everyone it 5 people per portal :P nice guide =;

Ok I didn't think I would get a reply before I logged but I did so I will reply.

If you have done it as many times as me or, say Jessy, then pictures are the last thing you need. Most of Affliction knows this map like their keyboard. If you have any specific requests I will try to get them added, though.

When you can pay up to 14 or 15 gp per pot from the warrior's guild you are robbing yourself by NOT using pots. Even at their max forum/street price you are still making money (the DO POT tip). I have tried full veracs for 2 days and it just wasn't as fast as a whip. It is a valid option for low leveled people who can equip it though since it will almost guarantee their zeal.

Let me sleep brain! :pray:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Ok I didn't think I would get a reply before I logged but I did so I will reply.

If you have done it as many times as me or, say Jessy, then pictures are the last thing you need. Most of Affliction knows this map like their keyboard. If you have any specific requests I will try to get them added, though.

When you can pay up to 14 or 15 gp per pot from the warrior's guild you are robbing yourself by NOT using pots. Even at their max forum/street price you are still making money (the DO POT tip). I have tried full veracs for 2 days and it just wasn't as fast as a whip. It is a valid option for low leveled people who can equip it though since it will almost guarantee their zeal.

Let me sleep brain! :pray:

Veracs was a joke btw :P, but i personally find using dds best if training str to get more xp per round if i keep on str mode..

need to hit 50 thats 4 xp per hit which is 200xp per round 20k minimum by the time i get to 100 points.. so by the time your in 90+ it cuts down by like 100 points per level, Whip is good for pace, and its damage and best for defence and attack..

its good being in a pc group for its speed efficiency and i'm currently thinking up methods for killing spinners etc, in piles so far ancients is only thing or hally spec in a multi area like pests is

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I would change initiate to monkrobes.

Otherwise I use the exact suit you use, apart from berserker ring what I dont have, and no lava cape either, so I use obsidian one.

Good job on the guide :)

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

This was my favorite combination when I did Pest Control with a Whip. Essentially, this was all it was. I didn't bother with Attack Potions, Strength Potions, Attack PRayers, ect... Every so often, I'd use Ultimate Strength but that's about it. here's what I'd do.

1 - Dragon Battle Axe

1 - Empty (money)

26 - Normal Restore Potions

Wielded - Whip, anything else

Essentially, what I'd do is I'd hit the Dragon Battle Axe special as soon as the game started, then chugged a doce of Restore Potion, which reset my Attack, Defense, Magic and Range back to normal, leaving them available to me as needed.

Also, another popular stratigy that I used when I had Dharoks was Dharok vs 3 Splatters. Just go and kill about 3 Splatters and your hp will go to about 20-30 left (my hp is 76, so 4 or 5 splatters may actually be needed). That will give you full chance to kill the portals with all of Dharok's might.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

[lurking mode off]

its good being in a pc group for its speed efficiency and i'm currently thinking up methods for killing spinners etc, in piles so far ancients is only thing or hally spec in a multi area like pests is

If everything's done right, you won't see more than three or four critters coming out from each of the portals before the game is over. So the simple use of brute force against the portals seems to be the bestest possible tactics against the spinners - that is, not allowing them to even appear out of their portals 8-)

If you see a spinner or two, DO NOT waste dagger specs on them. Save the specials for portals! Just hit the spinners using regullar attack, or better yet, multi-target ancients.

Great Guide, very informative. One thing I would suggest though, is defensive tactics rather than just how to slaughter the portals and also range/mage. Other than that an awesome guide. =D>

You need to be 90+ ranger/mage with the best gear available to be able to deal 50 damage on portals to make a zeal. You'd have to bring either fully charged crystal bow or runite knives/darts for rangers; high level ancients or charged god spells for magers. Except for the Crystal bow setup, you'd have to spend over 30k cash on runes/runites per minute/round.

I've been using Crystal bow (Robin set+ring+hides) for some time now, and even though my range level is 95+ once my bow degraded bellow 5/10 I had an extremely hard time getting the zeal. You really just got 5 to 6 shots at the portal and the game is already over.

What I'm trying to say is that you need to be either bloody rich or bloody crazy to range or mage on high level-populated PC worlds. And those few of us that do chose to use range or mage know damn well what to do, no need (not even) for some pro's pro guide :wink:

Oh dear, and what do you mean by "defensive tactics"? The Void knight is okay to suffer those five to ten points of damage before the game is over :mrgreen:

special attacks dont make more spinners come!

Yes, I believe this important information needs to be added to the guide and the credit given where credit is due. In bold.

Cheers

[lurking mode on]

Pretty good guide, I use the exact same equipment as you except for the Fire Cape :cry: But I actually do think that pictures might brighten the guide up, I don't like plain old text, even if it's colored, try adding some pictures of you killing portals or a random picture of 50 damage, or the highest damage you have ever dealt or.. You know, stuff like that. But besides that, awesome guide.

99 Slayer since August 2007.

If your lacking on defense you can always use veracs, awsome defense and a slightly lower prayer bonus, other than that i use the same thing except i focus on my slash attack with my whip more, so i stick to a worrior helm and ring.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Veracs was a joke btw :P

Lol, I didn't get it but I was tired give me break.

Great Guide, very informative. One thing I would suggest though, is defensive tactics rather than just how to slaughter the portals and also range/mage. Other than that an awesome guide. =D>

No offense but defense has no place in high leveled games. We leave the gates wide open because portals can't spawn enough creatures to take out the VK faster than we can take out the portals. Rounds can last as little as 40 seconds and average between 50-80 seconds.

I would change initiate to monkrobes.

Otherwise I use the exact suit you use, apart from berserker ring what I dont have, and no lava cape either, so I use obsidian one.

Good job on the guide :)

With initiate I have a small defensive boost. Monk robes do not offer any kind of defensive bonus so they are not quite as good. While the difference is negligable the point of this is to get the best possible gear. As to the negative mage defense bonus I mentioned the mage protect prayer thing above.

Since the difference is so small it is more personal preference than the more important pieces. Either work basically the same.

special attacks dont make more spinners come!

Umm... duh? What would possibly make you think that I or anybody else believes that? That was a rumor the first week of PC and was quickly discredited. Veteran PCers would know that.

This was my favorite combination when I did Pest Control with a Whip. Essentially, this was all it was. I didn't bother with Attack Potions, Strength Potions, Attack PRayers, ect... Every so often, I'd use Ultimate Strength but that's about it. here's what I'd do.

1 - Dragon Battle Axe

1 - Empty (money)

26 - Normal Restore Potions

Wielded - Whip, anything else

Essentially, what I'd do is I'd hit the Dragon Battle Axe special as soon as the game started, then chugged a doce of Restore Potion, which reset my Attack, Defense, Magic and Range back to normal, leaving them available to me as needed.

Also, another popular stratigy that I used when I had Dharoks was Dharok vs 3 Splatters. Just go and kill about 3 Splatters and your hp will go to about 20-30 left (my hp is 76, so 4 or 5 splatters may actually be needed). That will give you full chance to kill the portals with all of Dharok's might.

Dharok's has no real place in Affliction or other 90+ groups. By the time you have lowered your hp enough to hit high the game would long be over.

Not using prayer or pots is the exact opposite of this guide... The point is to squeeze every bit of damage out of your character and not praying is rather counterproductive. Also try double-dosing attack pots instead of restore because it is unlikely that your other lowered stats will benefit you regardless of level.

TO ekim:

Yes, yes, and yes. Lurk less often.

This part should be pretty obvious, though, when I instruct the use of 4 consecutive dds specs: "Yes, I believe this important information needs to be added to the guide and the credit given where credit is due. In bold. " Do PC veteran's really need to be told this?

Pretty good guide, I use the exact same equipment as you except for the Fire Cape :cry: But I actually do think that pictures might brighten the guide up, I don't like plain old text, even if it's colored, try adding some pictures of you killing portals or a random picture of 50 damage, or the highest damage you have ever dealt or.. You know, stuff like that. But besides that, awesome guide.

Bleh, I understand the "pretty" issue when it comes to pictures but I don't want to clutter anything up with screens of unimportant info. If there is something that could be cleared up with a picture feel free to request it and I will see what I can do.

If your lacking on defense you can always use veracs, awsome defense and a slightly lower prayer bonus, other than that i use the same thing except i focus on my slash attack with my whip more, so i stick to a worrior helm and ring.

I used to use verac's plate and skirt as well. It is really helpful for extending your life on 78 but is just a hinderance on high-leveled worlds. The reason is that: even with 72 prayer I rarely run out BUT I have yet to die with Affliction. Those extra +2 prayer boosts end up being a lot more useful than defense.

Boosting your attack if you have problems hitting is DEFINATELY a smart choice. If you can't hit then there is no point in having a max of 150. Attack is more important than strength up until you can hit consistantly.

Wow, lots of replies. I hope I answered everybody's questions. If people want pictures just request specific screenies and I will try to accomodate you. :XD:

RahkUrWrld.png

nice guide, but dont post in orange ur not spooferfish. :shame:

nice guide.

Lol, there are only so many color options that are readable. Loads of black/white text is a pain to read.

RahkUrWrld.png

Nice guide.. Shoudl of stayed on Affliction, but hope it helps others as well

About Dharok... Not true...

I use Dharok with Nitro's, When you drop them you take 25 damage..

You can get down to 2-15 Hp's ez before the game starts..(Might miss 1 boat)

But liked the guide alot.. Nice layout and very well thought out...

See you on world.......... :-$

Nice guide.. Shoudl of stayed on Affliction, but hope it helps others as well

About Dharok... Not true...

I use Dharok with Nitro's, When you drop them you take 25 damage..

You can get down to 2-15 Hp's ez before the game starts..(Might miss 1 boat)

But liked the guide alot.. Nice layout and very well thought out...

See you on world.......... :-$

I figure that helping random people speed up will help us as well as them if we hit the same worlds. Not to mention a few more people might see the light that is Affliction, lol.

I tried dharok with everything I could think of and it still could not out damage dds/whip combo in short rounds. Of course it out damages in longer rounds but isn't really worth the extra effort to gather nitros in my opinion. Using nitros, d baxe spec, double-dose regular attack pot, prayers, and dharok's on 78 will result in some MASSIVE damage totals, though.

Off-topic: I have bought and sold dharok's for my own use so many times that I might as well merchant it, lol.

RahkUrWrld.png

Very nice guide, but I still use Monk robes, I don't like the way the armour looks( I still can't type the armours name without seeing it :x)I don't care about the def bonus, I have never died on Pest control, I still use Obby shield because I don't have a Rune Defender yet.

(Off-topic: how'd you get all those quotes on one post, I can't seem to figure out how.)

Affliction ftw

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

:o rahk i told you what worlds and how to get to heartreturns

any way...i wear the zammy robes for magic def. and prayer bonus.

i used to wear iniate and monk robes, but they are dull and like the bright red...its colorful and thats what runescape needs is color.

but damn you... i need a fire cape.

d dagger special is way more effective the dbaxe @ 99str and 95 atk i some times lack of zeal on the yellow portal(lowest def of all portals) with heartreturns

For melee, the boots from the Stronghold of Security are slightly better than climbing boots. Same strength bonus, but with an extra point of defense and some magic/range attack penalties.

they have no strength bonus. so fancy/fighting boots are useless here. OR that what TIP.IT's strong hold of security guide and RuneHQ says, i mean tip.it has been wrong with stuff like granite legs have -8 magic atk instead of its true -31

For melee, the boots from the Stronghold of Security are slightly better than climbing boots. Same strength bonus, but with an extra point of defense and some magic/range attack penalties.

Unless they changed them I thought they had +0 str bonus...

Very nice guide, but I still use Monk robes, I don't like the way the armour looks( I still can't type the armours name without seeing it :x)I don't care about the def bonus, I have never died on Pest control, I still use Obby shield because I don't have a Rune Defender yet.

(Off-topic: how'd you get all those quotes on one post, I can't seem to figure out how.)

Affliction ftw

I care about looks while training as much as I care about what a mosquito thinks of me when I squish it. I would gladly wear bright pink nipple tassles if they provided an offensive advantage (IN GAME ONLY, lol) and have no problem wearing a tiara while rcing. Since the importance of the stat difference isn't significant then they are nearly the same. Good luck on the defender.

I cheat, lol. I quote somebody, type my reply, copy it all, hit the back arrow, quote the next post, paste above it, then reply and repeat. AFFLICTION FTW!!!

:o rahk i told you what worlds and how to get to heartreturns

any way...i wear the zammy robes for magic def. and prayer bonus.

i used to wear iniate and monk robes, but they are dull and like the bright red...its colorful and thats what runescape needs is color.

but damn you... i need a fire cape.

d dagger special is way more effective the dbaxe @ 99str and 95 atk i some times lack of zeal on the yellow portal(lowest def of all portals) with heartreturns

Thank you! You always know the current world if it hasn't been updated. I play during off times (as you know) and it is hard to keep Affliction updated when the mods usually play during peak.

With your defense and prayer level high enough the plate and legs section could be filled with f2p mage robes for all the impact that it would have on the game. Regardless, initiate is still superior stat-wise even if the point is moot.

And go get a fire cape (and chain)! Stop pounding on duelers and get crack-a-lackin'.

Yep, d baxe is not that great on short rounds. The longer the round, the more it helps but the dds is, as we said, far superior in short rounds.

P.S. In reference to your sig: No, but asking their cup size is. :-w O:)

RahkUrWrld.png