Reliance: First in the series

archimage_a

2040, January, Sunday 1st, 12:40, Arabian Union, Earth.

The thick black substance ran from the iron frame. Running down the sides as the pressure lessened. Every drop to be collected, harvested, tagged, not a drop wasted. They knew that it would never last, but while it was hereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâæThey would rip it from the ground, sell it for what they needed to get more. A vicious cycle. A step of capitalism. It could not last, there was no chance. Oil was used more and more, prices rose, and with that inflation took hold. Archright was one of the few people that got paid less. A lowly worker, the suffering one that bore the brunt of the search for oil, companies and workers alike knew that this was the end. Traces of oil had seeped through into the rock, draining this was expensive and provided little return. But every scraping provided part of a barrel, every trace was another paycheck, another machine that would work, even if only for a few seconds longer. Archright had thought about quitting but then what, the Middle East had become an industrial zone. Countries had put aside their differences, joined together in the spirit of capitalism, and made the west pay through the teeth for the drops. Archright, along with the others had all come up with plans to smuggle oil out, none had ever been serious. It was death to even attempt it, didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t stop them dreaming though. ArchrightÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s mind was snapped back in an instant. A klaxon was going off. The sound could mean only two things: Oil had been found, or it was over.

2040, January, Sunday 1st, 13:12, Arabian Union, Earth.

The workers assembled, there was only 1 woman compared to the 54 men, but that was enough to force them to say workers, rather than men. The stern look on the administrators face told them all they needed to know. There was nothing left. He said it anyway though.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅAs you all know, there is an oil shortage. Advanced tests have been used and we have determined that there is nothing left. I am therefore firing everyone at the end of the week. Thank you for you work, pay will be given on leaving.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

As I read it was more and more interesting. It's also hard to imagine that your from anywhere but britian :) . It's turning out to be a good story can't wait to see what the future holds for the space colony.

bacchanaliankq6.png

Oh how did you guess I was from Britain? I thought I hid it really well.

Oh well Tally ho whos up for Tea and Crumpets?... :roll:

Hmmm what do you mean Turning out to be?!!!??!? It was already a really really really amazing story. :notalk:

But serouisly thanks for you review. If you have any ideas you know where to find me.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.